Chapter 2: What did I do to deserve this?

Whose fault is it anyway?

A/N: T.T If you read this, please comment? I'll like to know that the story is going somewhere besides entertaining me.

This chapter is a lil angsty and vulgar, but I promise some Jongkey fluff in the next chapter! On to the story!!!

========================================================================================================

Key’s POV:

  I am now regretting turning down Yun Ri’s offer to stay at her place one more night. Going to Taiwan meant two things.

  1. Being stuck in the same space as Kim Jong Hyun 24/7
  2. Inability to avoid Kim Jong Hyun

  Contrary to popular beliefs, I do NOT want to see him right now. Actually I will be pretty glad if he got out of my life permanently. Bad enough that I have to live with him and listen to him call his girlfriend every day, listening to their sickeningly sweet conversations and that goofy smile on his face whenever he texts her. Yea, Yun Ri told me that him dating her was all an act. Bull. If it’s all an act, would he have that lovesick smile on his face whenever he texts her? Would he have to spend EVERY free moment of his time with her instead of with me, his boyfriend? Actually, if it was all an act, then why didn’t he tell me in the first place!

3rdPerson POV:

  Every 10 seconds, Tae Min would cast a worried glance at Ki Bum. He cannot help it, everyone expected Ki Bum to come back home happy and perky after finding out that Jong Hyun was only dating Shin Se Kyung as a cover. Well, Ki Bum definitely was not upset anymore. Nope, instead he became downright furious. No one could get within 3 miles radius of him and not be yelled at, with the exception of Young Soo and Jong Hyun. The former because Ki Bum was too unfamiliar with him and the latter because he refused to make any contact with.

  Tension sagged from everyone’s shoulders as the van finally pulled up in the parking lot of Shinee’s apartment. ‘Ki Bum darling, do you mind sleeping in my room tonight, I need to tal-..’ Jong Hyun started but before he could finish his sentence, his phone rang again and not knowing any better, he picked up. ‘Yeobuseyo? Ah jagiya, mian, what? A walk tonight…well that’s a little-..’ before he could finish his sentence, Ki Bum had already gotten out of the car, slammed the door and was making his way to the unit. Jong Hyun quickly hung up and made the move to chase after him, but their new manager’s hand shot out to stop him, ‘I don’t know what your situation is like, but I do know that you are the last person he wants after him.’ Biting his lip, Jong Hyun grudgingly sat back down in his seat and watched as Jinki, and not himself, run after the Diva of Shinee.

Jong Hyun’s POV:

  I slumped against the leather car seat, watching everyone else slowly file out of the car, not even casting me a glance, with the exception of Tae Min who glared at me. Yes, our youngest, cutest maknae Tae Min just gave me the evil eye. What did I do to deserve this! Gods, if you are up there, I’m sorry for whatever I did. I’m sorry for using Se Kyung, I’m sorry for lying to Ki Bum, I’m sorry for keeping my members in the dark and I’m sorry for being a jerk, don’t you think I’ve been punished enough already!? I have to deal with Se Kyung’s emotional tantrums because of anti-fans, my band members are all mad at me, Ki Bum won’t even acknowledge me, even if it’s all my fault isn’t this too much!? I’m a victim too! And I don’t even have anyone to cry to! Why can’t people see that it’s the company that forced me to this? Why can’t people see that it’s the society that is retarded for not accepting two men loving each other? Why is everything my fault! It’s not like I’m not trying to make things right! But how can I set things straight if no one will even let me near Ki Bum!! Gods if you really exist, tell me how the hell do I fix this…please…

3rdperson’s POV:

   Nights at Shinee’s apartments after goodbye stages used to be full of joy and laughter, keyword, used to. At the moment the only thing that filled the apartment were frustration, confusion and worry. Lee Young Soo briefly wondered if his dad wanted to punish him for whatever reason he has by making him their new manager as he stood at the doorway, looking at the situation in house. Ki Bum had just locked himself in his room along with Jinki, leaving a worried Tae Min sitting outside the room, staring at the door. The tallest of the 5 sat on the couch watching soccer and was seemingly the most normal one, but Young Soo knew better, Min Ho turned to look in Tae Min’s direction every 2 minutes and his remote control was upside down. Finally, the source of all this drama, Kim Jong Hyun sat at the dining table, lights off, downing an entire bottle of whiskey by himself.

  Picking at his options, Young Soo decided that his best bet was to keep Jong Hyun from getting a hang over the next day and pulled up the chair beside him, ‘Mind if I join you?’ The lead singer gave no reply but made no move to stop him either. Sighing, Young Soo grabbed the Johnny Walker from Jong Hyun’s hand took a huge gulp of it, the alcohol burned his throat, but also made him a little more away from the day’s fatigue. ‘I bought that,’ Jong Hyun commented monotonously, next to him Young Soo shrugged and took another gulp, ‘You owe me.’ Giving a snort in reply, the 20 year old moved to grab the bottle back from the young manager and took a big gulp himself and spoke, ‘Did you know that Jongkey was your father’s idea?’ ‘I always knew my dad wasn’t the straightest of the bunch.’ ‘Take it you don’t like your old man much.’ ‘He left me in charge of this mess.’ ‘Point taken,’ Jong Hyun took another swig of the whiskey and passed the bottle to Young Soo, who took the bottle and set it aside, ‘If you’re going to drink your worries away, at least use cheaper alcohol.’ ‘I’d like to think that my misery’s worth a few cents,’ Jong Hyun replied bitterly and tried to grab the bottle but was stopped by Young Soo, ‘That’s as far as indulgence goes, you’re a public figure.’ ‘Che, first you start singing for a living and next thing you know, you’ve sold your soul to the devil. Man can’t love freely, eat freely, act freely or drink freely. Next thing you know, they’d be telling us when and how to piss and ,’ Jong Hyun slurred viciously. That was probably too much alcohol for the lead singer, Young Soo decided.

  ‘Min Ho,’ he called out. The boy sitting on the couch turned to look at him, ‘Get Jong Hyun to bed and get some rest yourself. I’ll settle the rest.’ Min Ho nodded and made move to grab the drunk lead singer from the dining table and into their shared room. In the hallway, Tae Min looked at the second eldest in the band, drunk and thrashing, being dragged by to his room by Min Ho and then at the door of his room that was still locked and sighed. Why was life so screwed up? He felt their new manager place a hand on his shoulder, ‘Go sleep in my room.’ ‘But Ki Bum hyung and Jinki hyung are still…’ ‘I’ll deal with it,’ Young Soo said a little more forcefully. Anger flashed across Tae Min’s eyes briefly but he walked towards the only empty bedroom in the house regardless.

Tae Min’s POV:

  I flopped on Young Soo hyung’s bed, it was a lot bigger than mine and a lot comfier, usually I would be ecstatic to sleep in such a comfortable bed, but today I just feel disgusted being where I am. I’d much rather be in the room with Jinki hyung and Ki Bum hyung, sharing their burdens No one understands how I feel about all this and no one gives a damn. Everyone thinks that I’m the maknae so I should be protected from everything. I want to help too! I’m part of the Shinee family too, so why is everyone casting me aside? I know Ki Bum hyung doesn’t want to show his weak sides to me and Min Ho Hyung and Jong Hyun hyung don’t want me to be influenced by the negativity of the situation, but why can’t they see that I’m already influenced! I’m 17, not 7! I can tell that things aren’t ok! Ki Bum hyung is crying in the room, Jong Hyun hyung is drunk, Jinki hyung is stressed and so is Min Ho hyung.  I wished they would just let me be there for them too.

   It’s times like these that we’re supposed to stick together and be there for each other! And the new manager hyung. How dare he say that he’ll deal with things! It’s his father’s fault that all this is happening! He’s an outsider in the Shinee family! Who is he to tell me to leave my hyungs alone! I’m insecure, I don’t know what’s going to happen to Shinee and everyone’s fake smiles are just making me more insecure. At least tell me so that I can prepare myself. But you know what’s the best part about this situation? I don’t even have anyone to go to about all this, because it’s ‘not my problem’.  I always thought the worst that can happen to me after debuting was getting bullied in school, but no, first I have to deal with the fact that 2 of my hyungs are gay and now this retarded drama. Honestly, what did I do to deserve this?

3rdPerson’s POV:

  When Young Soo told Tae Min that he will deal with things, internally, he had no idea what he was going to do. He was not even close to any of the members, he was an outsider into this situation. Just as he was about to decide whether or not to get the master key to the locked room, the doorbell rang, sighing at the person’s bad timing, he made his way to the door. Looking through the door hole, he saw the same girl from KBS that evening and against his better judgment, opened the door. SLAP. ‘I told you to look after them and less than 6 hours after I say that, I get a call from Jinki to pick up Ki Bum.  I should seriously sue you and your company for emotional trauma and abuse on behalf of all your artists,’ Yun Ri spat out coldly as her hand made contact with Young Soo’s face. Stunned, the youngest son of the Lee family could only watch as the girl walked towards the locked door, literally kick it down and proceeded to drag Shinee’s diva out of the room along with a small duffle bag that he presumed were Ki Bum’s things. ‘You will text me his schedule, actually better yet, you will clear ALL of their schedules except for their goodbye stage for the next two days, sit down with Shinee and SM and fix this ing mess because if you don’t, I promise you, you will not see hair or hide of Kim Ki Bum period. I don’t care how much losses SM Entertainment makes.’

  In her car, the Almighty Key broke down in tears again, ‘That ! He has the nerve to call me darling and the say I love you that . And he calls her Jagiya, JAGIYA! IN MY FACE. AND THEN HE HAS THE NERVE TO TELL ME TO SLEEP WITH HIM TONIGHT! I don’t ever want to see that selfish two-timing , lying cheating son of a ’s face ever!’ All Yun Ri could do was hold her beloved cousin, the same person who sat by her through thick and think during HER dramatic break up, and listen to him cry into her shirt. There has to be a way to fix this isn’t there?

  Upstairs in Shinee’s apartment, Young Soo, who just got yelled at by his dad for letting Kim Yun Ri run off with Ki Bum again wondered, ‘What did I do to deserve this?’