Filler 1: It's a Kim Thing

Whose fault is it anyway?

 

A/N: Hey guys! I bring you a filler! There'll be another one after this before I start the story proper, because I had all this cute ideas in my head about their daily lives. The fillers don't follow the timeline of the story and is more of an in between thing so yea. It's just for laghs, hope you enjoy it!' 

BTW, the next filler is called: OMG, You don't have !?

================================================================== 

Lee Young Soo unlocked the door of his home. Yes home, he has finally come to recognize the boys of Shinee as his family and this apartment his home, and was graced with an abnormal sight. His girlfriend stood in the middle of the living room, lining up bottles of 180ml liquor. ‘Yun Ri, what are you doing?’ Young Soo asked. Before she could reply however, a certain dinohead and rapper walked into the living room, each holding two plates piled with fried chicken. ‘Food’s ready, you almost done?’ Ki Bum asked while trying to balance two places on one hand so that he could steal a piece of chicken.

  ‘It would be faster if you would help me,’ Yun Ri answered without looking up, half-annoyed. Opening his mouth to accept the chicken Jong Hyun is feeding him, the rapper of Shinee shrugged. ‘Aish, don’t bite!’ Jong Hyun complained as he removed his fingers from his boyfriend’s mouth. Placing a soft peck on the lead singer’s cheek, Ki Bum flashed Jong Hyun a brilliant smile, the one that sends fangirls melting. ‘Keep it under pg-13 please!’ Wearing and apron and holding a spatula, Nick cut in as he walked out from the kitchen. Surveying the room and its occupants, Young Soo could only think of one thing,‘What the hell is going on here?’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Let us go back three hours ago to when the 5 boys of Shinee, one Yun Ri and a Nick were grocery shopping.

  ‘Jong Hyun, for the last time, please put that bottle of Soju down, we don’t have money in our budget for this, that and I don’t want you to get drunk when we have rehearsals for your concert,’ Nick nagged on tirelessly as Jong Hyun picked up another bottle of alcohol for the umpteenth time. The lead singer of Shinee pouted. He wanted to celebrate the successful finish of Shinee’s first concert and what better way to do so then to drink? The recently replaced umma, Ki Bum, turned to look at Nick with the same exasperated eyes as his boyfriend, ‘Come on Nick hyung, we don’t have rehearsals tomorrow and we promise we don’t get drunk, well not enough to get a hangover, so please? It’s a cause for celebration!’ ‘And what cause will that be?’ Ki Bum grinned and opened his mouth to reply, but was cut off by his cousin grabbing the bottle of soju from Jong Hyun. ‘Yun Ri, not you to!!’ Ki Bum whined.

  The raven haired girl however ignored her cousin’s whining and instead reached over Nick’s shoulder and grabbed two bottles of soju. Tae Min’s eyes followed her hand from the shelf into the trolley and could not help but gasp. Leaning casually across a trolley filled with liquor, Yun Ri smirked at Nick, ‘You won’t have a problem if I was the one buying it would you?’ Not waiting for her ex-boyfriend’s reply, she casually pushed the trolley to the cashier, not without being followed by two very hyper members of Shinee. Tae Min, Jinki and Min Ho who were left behind could only stare at the backs of the three who just walked off. ‘They’re not seriously going to drink all that are they?’ Tae Min asked. Min Ho sighed, remembering the last time he went drinking with Jong Hyun and Ki Bum and patted Tae Min’s back, ‘Trust me when I tell you, they’ve drank more.’ ‘What about Yun Ri?’ Jinki followed. Everyone turned to look at Nick who shrugged, ‘As far as I know, or knew, she doesn’t drink.’ The 4 exchanged weird looks and quickened their steps to the cashier. Something entertaining was about to happen at home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Back to the current situation, after being briefed by Nick and Jinki that the 3 Kim’s of the Shinee family has decided to hold a drink-off (you know dance off? Then you know what a drink off is), Young Soo sat down, worriedly, to watch his girlfriend drink with two of the best drinkers in SM Entertainment. With food ready to go with the hard liquor, Ki Bum grabbed his bottle of Suntory, unscrewed the cap and raised the bottle, ‘To Shinee!’ ‘To Shinee!’ Yun Ri and Jong Hyun, along with Jinki who had decided to join them, chorused.

Two hours later

  Young Soo fanned his red face with his hand without much success, while he watched his girlfriend, chicken dangling from , taking a video of Jinki singing the ‘Onew condition song’ while dancing Ring Ding Dong in the middle of the living room, completely sober. ‘Yah, Yun Ri ah! Get out the next batch of drinks!’ Ki Bum yelled from his seat, face slightly red but otherwise completely fine. ‘Yeobo, I think we’re fresh out,’ Jong Hyun replied as a matter of factly, holding up an empty plastic bag. ‘Eh! But I haven’t had enough yet! I’m barely tipsy!!’ Ki Bum pouted. Jong Hyun quickly silenced his lover with a peck on the lips. ‘PDA to minimum please, impressionable teen in the house?’ Yun Ri replied without looking away from her phone, still filming Jinki’s completely drunken state. Tae Min turned away with an awkward smile. He did not really mind his hyungs public display of affections, in fact he found them cute, but he assumed that that was what Nick and Yun Ri were trying to prevent, him turning gay. Min Ho shook his head slowly from his position on the couch and sipped his cup of soju.

  ‘I knew Jong Hyun hyung and Ki Bum could drink, but Yun Ri’s alcohol tolerance was a little unexpected,’ he commented casually, completely unaffected by the chaos going on in the living room. Young Soo nodded in agreement, he hated to admit it but his girlfriend could probably outdrink him on his best days. Nick, who has been trying to get Jinki to calm down for the past 30 minutes, could not be reached for a comment. Suddenly, Tae Min clapped his hands together, realization dawning upon him, ‘You know I just realized something.’ ‘What is it my son?’ Ki Bum said, plopping down onto the couch, Jong Hyun in tow. ‘Ki Bum hyung’s surname is Kim, Jong Hyung hyung’s surname is Kim and so is Yun Ri nuna’s!’

  ‘It’s a Kim thing.’ Min Ho concluded.

  The three ‘Kim’s just laughed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aftermath:

  After tucking everyone into bed, Ki Bum snuggled up against his lover but stopped mid-action. ‘What’s wrong darling?’ Jong Hyun asked. Ki Bum looked up at him shyly, face red, and not because of the alcohol. ‘You…you’re not wearing a shirt.’ Letting out a short laugh, Jong Hyun forcibly pulled Ki Bum into his arms, ‘Jagiya, if I had my way with you now, do you think I can get away with it by saying I was drunk?’ Blushing heavily, Ki Bum whacked the lead singer playfully. ‘No you won’t,’ Ki Bum replied. Jong Hyun pouted at that, but was shocked when Ki Bum pressed his body up against him, ‘But I’ll let you.’

  Yun Ri was glad that everyone in the house had consumed some form of alcohol, because she was pretty sure if they had not, none of them would be able to sleep with the noises that was coming from the ‘jongkey room’. She secretly patted herself on the back for slipping the maknae some drinks while Nick and Young Soo were not looking. Picking up the bag that she left in Shinee’s apartment, Yun Ri quickly made her way back to her own house, two floors below her cousin’s.