Festive Special!: It's all Yun Ri's fault

Whose fault is it anyway?

A/N: I'm a bloody genius. I thought I updated the god damn x'mas and checking back on the story, I realized I clicked save as draft and so it was never published. W.T.F epic fail. Anyhow Since you guys didn't get to read this on x'mas treat this as the new year special then. HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2011 is gonna rock! And although I have nothing much to write on nowthat Shinee is all doing well and enjoying their performances once again, I'M SO HAPPY THAT THEY'RE BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN! Lets hope jong hyun heals fast shall we! >-<

LOL, I felt weird not writing Yun Ri as a bad and giving Key such an airhead character in this chapter, but hey it's the festive season, so it's all for laughs yea!

======================================================================================

2008, D-5 to debut

Kim Ki Bum always knew he was special, as a kid, he was exceptional in water-skiing, despite being 100% Korean he excelled at English, he was good looking and there was little to nothing he was not good at. There was another thing that made Ki Bum special though.

  He doesn’t like girls. No, this is not to say that Ki Bum likes guys, but he just doesn’t like girls. They are fake, two-faced, and desperate and let us be honest, not as pretty as Ki Bum. It does not help that girls around him are all trying so hard to be y. Having mammary glands did not justify dangling them in guys faces, if he wanted a huge udder to stare at he would buy a cow for himself thank you very much.

  And so, one day the not gay Kim Ki Bum decided to mention a dilemma of his to his wonderful cousin, Yun Ri.

  ‘Yun Ri ah,’ Ki Bum called out. Huddled next to him, under the covers was his cousin, making cute faces to the teddy bear she brought home with her from her date with her crush, Nick. Ignoring Ki Bum’s demand for her attention, she continued to play with her new plush toy as her mind wondered amongst romantic fantasies involving her and her certain someone that is until Ki Bum broke her out of her reverie rudely.

   Wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder, Ki Bum pulled his cousin into an intimate position as he whispered huskily into her ear, ‘Yun Ri ah…’ As if on cue, the brunette flinched and quickly scrambled away from Ki Bum. ‘Yah! Kim Ki Bum! What the heck was that!?’ Yun Ri yelled out from the opposite end of the bed while holding onto her teddy bear protectively, completely scandalized. Sitting up with a smirk, Ki Bum shrugged nonchalantly, ‘Man, I can’t believe I really didn’t feel anything, no spark no nothing.’ ‘Huh?’ Yun Ri cocked her head to the side cutely at the random comment her cousin just made, tentatively, she crawled back towards him. ‘What are you talking about Ki Bum oppa?’ At the word oppa, Ki Bum glared at Yun Ri but didn’t say much as he continued, ‘I don’t like girls.’

  ‘I know,’ Yun Ri stated indifferently, he has only said that a few hundred times since moving in with her, it was one of the reasons why they shared a bed, he doesn’t like girls. ‘Do you think that maybe I’m gay?’ Ki Bum asked urgently. ‘Hm…’ Yun Ri tapped her lip with a finger cutely, ‘That’s kind of new, why do you suddenly ask that oppa?’ Despite her encouragements to Ki Bum about turning gay, he has never actually admitted on his end that he might actually be homoual. To Ki Bum, it was simple, he did not like girls, but he was not attracted to any guy either, if there was a hot guy he would check him out, but he does the same thing when he sees a hot girl too; he was only human and humans liked to look at pretty things. It’s in our nature to.

  ‘I got drunk and kissed a guy at the club last night.’ Turning a blind eye to the fact that her cousin was underage and should not legally be in a club nor drinking for that matter, Yun Ri let an evil smile creep onto her face as she asked in a sing-song voice, ‘aaand?’ ‘I liked it.’ ‘YES!’ Hearing his confession, Yun Ri literally jumped off the bed and she bounced around clapping happily while humming the tune of I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry.  

  ‘Yah, Yun Ri ah! I’m not done yet!’ But the girl in question only continued to bounce around the room as if high on sugar. ‘YAH! KIM YUN RI!’ At that, Yun Ri finally froze mid-step, ‘Yes?’ She asked sheepishly. Standing up, Ki Bum grabbed the girl by the collar and towed her back to the bed as Yun Ri pouted cutely. ‘I need to be sure if I’m gay or not!’ Ki Bum exclaimed seriously when they were both seated comfortably on the bed. ‘But you said that you haven’t been attracted to a guy yet, so maybe you just haven’t met the right girl?’ Yun Ri contemplated. ‘Or maybe I haven’t met the right guy?’ Ki Bum mused. ‘You’re really hung up on this aren’t you?’ Yun Ri teased. Biting his lips, Ki Bum shrugged, ‘I’m not hung up just, curious I guess, after all I’ll be moving in with 5 guys soon, so it’s best if I got this out of the way. It’s never a good idea to mix your love life with your work life.’ Getting bored of the conversation, Yun Ri concluded jokingly, ‘You should just sleep with a guy and get it over with then.’ Yun Ri would soon learn to regret her words because as she buried her head into her pillow, Ki Bum actually got off the bed and went to switch on the computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 At age 17, Kim Ki Bum could not believe that he was doing this, he should have resigned to fate the moment he clicked the ‘post’ button on the listing, but to actually get a reply was amazing. After attaching one of his more flattering photos to the email, he clicked send despite a million cells in his body screaming out against his actions. But hey, he was going to debut in 4 days, he can never do anything crazy after that, so what the heck right?

  Almost instantaneously, a reply was mailed to his mailbox.

  Tomorrow, evening 6pm, meet me at the lobby of Fraser Suites at Insadong.

  His heart skipped in double beat, he really was going to do this. On the bright side, he was going to do it at one of the most expensive service apartments in Korea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Yun Ri watched in half-amusement and half-worry as her cousin literally limped into the house at 11pm. ‘Where were you? Were your rehearsals delayed? Why didn’t you call? And are you ok? Did you get hurt? You’re debuting in 3 days!’ Ki Bum shot her a glare, but failed as he cringed while trying to sit himself down on the bed. That guy had the face of an angel but the body of a devil, so to speak.

  ‘Yun Ri, just shut up for-ouch- 3 seconds ok,’ the soon to be idol growled through clenched teeth. Noting his pain, Yun Ri asked, ‘Which leg did you hurt? Should I get ice?’ Her cousin rose his hands up to pause her speech and shook his head, ‘No my legs are fine don’t worry, but heck, I don’t think I can properly for the week. Ouch…’ Yun Ri blinked once, twice and three times. Did her cousin just say what she thought he said? Two lines of thought that she really did not want to link together slowly began to click, ‘You fell on your or something?’ She asked tentatively. Despite the pain, noticing Yun Ri’s very tentative tone, Ki Bum smirked and answered with much glee, ‘I took your advice!’ ‘What advice!?’ Yun Ri questioned loudly, but something nagged at the back of her mind. She quickly wrecked her brains for any advice she gave her cousin in the past 72 hours and froze as she came up to the most likely one. ‘Oh…my…god…you..you…!?’ Having put two and two together, Yun Ri found herself incapable of speech.

  Smirking, Ki Bum nodded rather self-satisfactorily, ‘Yup I did. And I have to say it was good, though the pain is kind of unwarranted for…still worth it. And on the plus side he was cute, oh and rich, I can’t believe he LIVES in Fraser Suites. Hey, how about when I become a rich and famous star, I buy a penthouse there and we can live in it! That house was way too awesome. Oh by the way, yea, I’m gay.’ Yun Ri just stood there, taking in her cousin’s rant while trying to compute the situation. Having digested the gist of it, she struggled to find the appropriate response out of the thousands of questions she has for the boy next to her. Yun Ri was pretty sure that after this, nothing her cousin do will ever shock her, ever. Sure the partying and drinking shocked her, hell she was stunned that he tried smoking before too, but nothing added up to well…this. Slumping down on the bed weakly next to Ki Bum, Yun Ri finally choked out a reply, ‘That was your first time right..?’ Ki Bum nodded cheerfully, ‘Yup! Well so he isn’t my boyfriend and this probably would be a one-time since I’m debuting in like 3 days, but I have to say it was a pretty worth it experience for my first time. He was totally sweet! Brought out wines, lit candles and everything, no wonder girls like to be pampered.’ Yun Ri listened on while nodding stiffly, her cousin was gay, and just came home from having gay ...ok, she could handle that. Finally getting her bearings back, Yun Ri reverted back to her normal self and poked Ki Bum’s . ‘OUCH!!!!!’ Her poor victim jumped up from the bed in pain and then screamed in pain again from his sudden movement.

   ‘You know,’ Yun Ri said while crossing her legs as she watched her cousin trying to recover from the pain, ‘I was joking when I said that right?’ This time it was Ki Bum’s turn to freeze and stare at his cousin, mouth agape.

   2 years down the road, when Kim Ki Bum is having problems explaining to his beloved boyfriend why he isn’t a anymore, at least he will have the perfect excuse.

  ‘It’s all Yun Ri’s fault!’

  But that’s a story for another day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  2008 D-day

  The cause of Ki Bum’s pain in the sat next to his friend, Hyun Woo, drinking beer and munching on popcorn as they watched mcountdown. ‘I’m telling you, Shinee debut is awesome, I checked them out online and they seem promising,’ Hyun Woo said quickly to his friend who had his hands on the remote, ready to change the channel. ‘Whatever man…oh ! ing hell!’ Hyun Woo quickly moved away from his friend who dropped his beer on the granite floor as a close up of Almighty Key was shown on the plasma TV screen. ‘What the hell was that for!?’ Hyun Woo yelled.

  His friend turned to him, face paled, completely ignoring the beer covered floor. ‘I slept with that guy 3 days ago,’ he pointed at the smiling face of Ki Bum.

  ‘Oh .’