Final Chapter: Whose fault is it anyway?

Whose fault is it anyway?

A/N: Hey guys! I FINALLY FINISHED IT! I know it seems rushed, but with the lack of news and updates from Shinee, I figured that it's better if I ended it cooly instea of fabricating things while I still can, and have the conviction to do it. I've recently finally accpeted a college offer and my life is going to start becoming hectic after this since I've started various projects ranging from making documentaries to event planning. Do check out my new project called Wittle Schemes, I'd love it very much if you guys support it! >-< But it's ok if you don't. Just don't flame? =P As for a new fic, well I'm still debating if I should post it up if I don't have the conviction to see it through and update regularly seeing as fanfiction writing isn't going to be on my list of priorities anymore...but I'll think about it. Along with one-shots (they're so much more doable..) Buuuut if you DO miss my humorous writings, do read my musings on my blog The Litte Things In My Head. I probably update that more regularly (more than my fanfics I think=P), but it's not a story, so I have no stress writing and you have no stress following.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy the 'dramatic ending', oh who am I kidding, I at being dramatic.

========================================================================   

  “Se Kyung get off me!! What’s gotten into you!?” ‘And Ki Bum…’ Jong Hyun added mentally. The past month has been a hurricane. Just as his knee finally starts to heal, the people around him started falling apart. It started with Jinki’s fainting, then Tae Min’s school issue finally came to light, Ki Bum hasn’t been normal since his operation, Young Soo is a wreck, Nick is stuck between SM and his loyalty towards friends, Min Ho has become a 24/7 poker face and Yun Ri is still MIA. The only person who seems to retain some level of sanity within his immediate circle is Shin Se Kyung, but pushing the very much girl off him, Jong Hyun knew that she’s about as normal as the rest of his temporarily dysfunctional family.

  “You don’t want me Jong Hyun darling? But don’t you want to touch this body that all those other men are dreaming about?” Se Kyung practically slurred sultrily while cupping her generous assets. By right, Kim Jong Hyun should be , aroused…something. The only feeling the lead singer of Shinee now had however was worry. This wasn’t the Shin Se Kyung he knew, this wasn’t his ‘dream girl’, the Shin Se Kyung he admired had confidence, had pride…the Shin Se Kyung he knew had self-respect…unlike this…., who was throwing herself at him. Gripping her by the shoulder, Jong Hyun overcame their minute difference in height with sheer strength and pinned her against the wall.  “What the is wrong with you Se Kyung!?” The singer practically yelled, anxiety gripping him as hard as he was gripping her. Instead of replying, the Vivien model arched her body against his, “Aww, you like you rough do you? Then bite me, tiger~ rawr.” Only inches apart, her breath hit his face and Jong Hyung scrunched up his nose at the strong smell of alcohol. He quickly scanned the room and saw a bottle of half-empty soju.

  Relieved that she was drunk, Jong Hyun grabbed the blanket that laid on the couch conveniently and covered the model with it. “You’re drunk Se Kyung,” he stated pointedly. “I won’t take advantage of you when you’re drunk.” If ever, he added mentally. A part of him wished that it was Ki Bum who was throwing his self at him, but remembering how the rapper literally froze up then violently pushed him off the bed during their last attempt at intimacy, Jong Hyun decided that perhaps this was the lesser of the two evils. “But you won’t be taking advantage of me if I’m willing~” Se Kyung persisted. Annoyed, Jong Hyun pushed her away with a rough shove, “I DON’T LIKE YOU THAT WAY OK SE KYUNG! GET A GRIP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A !” The soft cushions of the couch softened the blow but there were no pillows to cushion the fall of her heart.

  “…” Jong Hyun stared at the girl who looked at him with pained eyes, “Look Se Kyung…I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like tha-” “Yes, yes you did.” “No, I-” “Save it Kim Jong Hyun, I don’t even know why I’m such an idiot!! What do I have to do!! Become a man!? Grow a ? Get a gender operation!? What do I have to do so that you can love me like you love Kim Ki Bum!? What does he have that I don’t!? Answer me Kim Jong Hyun!” Hearing his lover’s name, Jong Hyun froze. “No…what? Se Kyung, what are you talking about, there’s nothing between me and Ki Bum!” Jong Hyun scrambled to find an explanation. “Save it Jong Hyun, I know all about you and Kim Ki Bum. We even talked. I knew about him, I knew how you used me, I know everything, but I still loved you. Can’t you see how much I love you, you idiot? I even threw away my pride for you, standing here, looking like this for you. What more do you want!?” Unable to contain herself, Shin Se Kyung broke down.

  “…Se Kyung…” “NO! I don’t want to listen! Just leave me alone!!” The model slapped Jong Hyun’s extended hands away from her trembling body. “Just LISTEN to me Se Kyung!” He yelled, authority leaking into his voice. Se Kyung looked away but remained silent. “Just listen to me alright!? I…I didn’t, I didn’t mean to use you. The company…they wanted a solution for me and Ki Bum, so my manager just shoved you onto me and threatened to expel Ki Bum from the group if I didn’t…saying stuff like ‘We can’t replace a lead singer, but rappers we always have back-up for.’ I couldn’t let him do that to Ki Bum…I just couldn’t and…” The girl’s sobs got more violent and Jong Hyun slapped himself for saying all the wrong things all the time. “It’s not my fault..I mean, oh god, what the am I saying, it IS my fault! I’m sorry, I’m sorry that I used you, I’m sorry I’m such a coward that I couldn’t stand up to the company, I’m sorry for how I hurt you, I’m sorry for everything and I’m sorry that all I can give you are my apologies. I’m sorry Se Kyung, but, I love Ki Bum. I’d do anything for him, even if it means becoming an , even if it means hurting innocent people like you, I’m sorry Se Kyung. Just, sorry. I would make this up to you if I could but I can’t and…the,” “The longer you’re around me the harder it’s going to be for me,” Se Kyung finished his sentence with a resigned sigh.

  She can never bring herself to hate this man who would do so much for love. She loved him for his capability to love, so she can never hate him for it, even if the love wasn’t directed at her. In fact, part of her feels quite relieved to know that she wasn’t on the receiving end of such mindless devotion. Could she live with loving a man who would sin for his love? Could she live with that guilt? Deep down, Shin Se Kyung knew the answer, but right now she didn’t want to face it…or him. “Just, go.”

  And those were the last words she ever said to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  “Yun Ri!?” “Jong Hyun!?” The two most unlikely people stared at each other, at the most unlikely of places. “What are you doing here!?” The lead singer of Shinee asked, reeling from shock. The door to Se Kyung’s apartment was left ajar, as Jong Hyun, in his shock, held onto the door knob, frozen. Yun Ri on the other hand, had her hands, with keys in them, in mid-action, stopping at the height of the lock. “I uh…live here?” She replied lamely. Uneasy silence fell between the two, only to be punctuated by Se Kyung’s uncontrolled sobs leaking from behind the open door.

  “You know, we’ve got to stop meeting each other in such situations,” Yun Ri stated with a sigh. “Like what?” Jong Hyun asked awkwardly. “Lets just say if I had a newspaper, I’d throw it at you right now…” She replied. Yun Ri was sincerely sick of picking up the pieces of people Jong Hyun hurt, even though she knew it wasn’t his fault, well….not really, but it still hurt her to know that nearly every time she meets him alone, it’s when someone close to her heart is hurt or devastated…like now. “Do I even want to know what happened in there?” Yun Ri said, calmer than she felt. For once, Jong Hyun decided to provide an answer straight up instead of providing excuses. “She opened the door, she was drunk and it sort of spiraled from there…” He owed Se Kyung that much, to leave her with some respect.  Yun Ri’s raised eyebrows let him know that she knew more than he had let on, “I told that her not to go through with that stupid plan of hers…” She sighed. Jong Hyun cast her a startled look, “Wait…you knew!?” Yun Ri nodded, “This was…it was…their war, but Ki Bum had you…she had…no one and I know how it feels to play the replacement, I couldn’t just…leave her and-”

  “Yun Ri ah! Babe, you forgot your phone!” A familiar yet unfamiliar voice came from the lift lobby. This time, it was Yun Ri’s turn to look awkward. Jong Hyun looked over her shoulder to see a man, around his height, maybe slightly taller, covered in huge sunglasses and an oversized beanie, as all travelling idols are dressed, wave her iphone4 in the air. Jong Hyun tried to figure out who that man was, but the distinctive tattoo on his uncovered forearm revealed his identity before Jong Hyun even started thinking. “Kwon Ji Young sshi?” Jong Hyun asked, tone tentative. This time Yun Ri really slapped her hand against her head. “Uh…uh…Kim Jong Hyun sshi?” The two idols stared at each other awkwardly, for different reasons, while one Kim Yun Ri stood between them, debating the feasibility of digging a hole on concrete flooring 20 storeys from the ground. “Hey Ji Young…uh I’ll just take my phone and uh, see what Se Kyung needs help with. Yea…” Yun Ri said quickly as she grabbed the phone and darted into the house, pushing Jong Hyun aside from the steps of the entrance. “Is HE why Young Soo hyung’s a wreck!?” Jong Hyun called out to the closed door, more hostile than he had meant it to be. No reply came, but the leader of Big Bang tapped him on the shoulder. “You uh…want a ride back? We do live in the same estate…” Jong Hyun stalked towards the lift without looking at the leader, but he did say one thing, “Explain.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Soo’s POV

  I looked at Jong Hyun, who sat on the chair across me, in my room, looking extremely uncomfortable about the information he just shared with me. Information he heard from Yun Ri’s new boyfriend during his car ride back home. A small part of me knew that Jong Hyun’s sitting here, telling me this to avoid facing Ki Bum about his meeting with Shin Se Kyung tonight. He had come home smelling strongly like perfume, which didn’t help the agitated Ki Bum feel more secure than when he had left the house. But most of me wanted to belief that Jong Hyun was telling me this because he cared about my well-being, something no one in this crazy household seemed to be capable of doing.

  Ki Bum’s mad that I drove his cousin away, Jinki’s simply too stressed, Tae Min’s recovering from his broken relationship with his parents, Min Ho was too busy playing the stand-in leader and Nick…my dear friend Nick is now suffering the consequences of my selfish actions. I pushed all that aside however, what is important now is my girlfriend. Ex-girlfriend, my mind corrected me. Ex-girlfriend, the word tasted sour in my mouth. I never expected her break up over the phone to be real. I thought our relationship was more solid than that. Obviously I thought wrong…”Young Soo hyung, it’s not your fault.” Jong Hyun started in a comforting tone. I held up my hand, “No, you’re wrong, it is my fault. It’s all my fault. If I had just grown a back bone in front of my father faster, I wouldn’t have lost her…and she wouldn’t have had to leave Ki Bum…then maybe Ki Bum wouldn’t be such a PMSing like he is now.” Jong Hyun laughed at my description of his boyfriend, “That’s my lover you’re talking about…but, that’s not your fault you know? It’s mine. Him and Se Kyung have been talking, she knew about me and him…I think she made him insecure. That’s my fault, not yours.”He smiled bitterly as he said that. I looked at Jong Hyun, admiration rising up for him. Here is a man who carried burdens that were not his yet accepted them gladly, for love.

  “If only I was as strong as you. If I was maybe everyone wouldn’t be such a wreck now. I should have handled everything better.” “It’s not your fault Young Soo hyung! The company-” I put a hand up to stop him before he went on further. “It IS my fault, sure the company forced you into action….but I should have told you earlier, I was there when Soo Jun suggested the idea of getting you to date Shin Se Kyung. And I…though I didn’t agree with it, I didn’t stop him. Maybe if I did back then, then maybe all these wouldn’t have happened. And then I became your manager, as your manager I should have dealt with everything better, but I didn’t, I was immature in dealing with myself, I let my own emotions get the better of me and neglected Shinee; as your manager I could have, SHOULD have talked to Shin Se Kyung and solved this professionally. Better have her hate the ‘evil, money-minded corporation’ than you and Ki Bum. Just…I’m sorry, it’s all my fault Jong Hyun. I’m sorry you had to go through all that and I’m sorry I’m not a better manager, not a better friend.”

  Jong Hyun laid a hand on my shoulder, “But you’re not sorry to Yun Ri,” he muttered, strangely smiling…I thought about it for a second. “No…I’m not sorry about Yun Ri, we didn’t truly love each other, we hurt each other, it was fair…” I shared his smile before continuing, “Unlike you and Ki Bum, now go explain yourself before your wife burns this house down.” Jong Hyun laughed. “I’ll go do that, but you know hyung, I’m not the only person you need to apologize to.” I nodded, “I know.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person’s POV:

  For the second time of the night, Jong Hyun was tackled by a rather undressed person. “I don’t care what you did with Shin Se Kyung, but you’re definitely doing that with me or I’m breaking up with you RIGHT THIS INSTANT!” Ki Bum declared loudly as he sat on top of his boyfriend, dressed only in an ed shirt. Ignoring his growing , Jong Hyun peeled the rapper off him and set him on the bed, pulled up the blanket, holding it in his hands. “You want to do what I did with Se Kyung? Sure.” Draping the sheets over the almost rapper, Jong Hyun took a seat next to him, “Now talk.” “Ok…WAIT, WHAT!?” Ki Bum stared at his boyfriend ridiculously. “I said talk? Me and Se Kyung talked, I mean of course she threw herself on me, pretty much undressed like you, but I set her on the couch, covered her in the blanket and talked. Alright so she screamed at me…” Jong Hyun laughed softly, having his lover next to him, though jealous but every bit still in love with him left the lead singer strong enough to deal with anything in the world. He loved his Ki Bum so much.

  “WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!!! Hold it RIGHT THERE. You mean, I threw aside my pride, thinking that since you’ve now done it with a girl and that we’re both even, READY to give myself you to and YOU TELL ME THAT YOU GUYS ONLY TALKED!? The least you could do was respect my conviction to let you me dammit!” Ki Bum sore. Outside their room, 3 voices sniggered, but the couple ignored that. “I thought you’d be happy to know that we didn’t do anything…wait. Did you say that we’re both even!? You’ve done it with a girl before!? I thought you were gay!?” Jong Hyun pointed an accusing finger at his boyfriend. “OF COURSE NOT WITH A GIRL! ARE YOU CRAZY! YOU SAID SO YOURSELF! I’M GAY! OF COURSE I ED WITH A GUY!!...oh crap I can’t believe I just said that.” Jong Hyun stared at his, assumed to be boyfriend, all past arguments forgotten and just stared.

  “No no no!! Jong Hyun, darling, that didn’t come out right! I mean, ok yes the first time I had , it was with a guy! But it was this guy from a gay forum and I didn’t even know him and and, it was nice, but I wasn’t even gay back then, I just thought I didn’t like girls so…oh , I’m not making things better am I?” Ki Bum stopped himself as Jong Hyun’s expression turned more sour by the second. “No my dear,” the lead singer said through gritted teeth, “You’re not.” At that, dominated by possessiveness that all men have over their lovers, Jong Hyun ripped the blanket off his boyfriend and pinned him down onto the bed. “Would it make you feel better if I told you that Yun Ri was the one who suggested it?” Jong Hyun gave Ki Bum a bright, fake smile. Remembering the girl who kidnapped his lover for almost 3 straight weeks after the Se Kyung scandal, Jong Hyun’s mood didn’t improve much, “More now, talk later.”

  Ki Bum never did make it to rehearsal the next day. But that’s alright with Jong Hyun, because Ki Bum had a LOT of explanations to do about losing his first time to a random person from the net and getting out of admitting that it was his own fault for sending Yun Ri to talk to Shin Se Kyung and making himself miserable for the past month. Unknown to Jong Hyun though, despite a literal pain in the , Ki Bum didn’t quite regret the outcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee Soo Man’s POV: (no your eyes aren’t deceiving you)

  I’m not too sure why Kwon Ji Young was seated at my dining table, but everyone else who mattered was here, the boy from Taiwan, Nick, my son, his…ex-girlfriend, my…ex-wife, all 5 members of Shinee. We all just sat there quietly, the setting was very much like a board meeting, except then, their silence was intended, here, I simply didn’t know how to start these ‘family meetings.’

  “As you all know, we’re all here because-” I started as I would all my meetings. The girl, Yun Ri rolled her eyes defiantly, “No Mr Lee, some of us DON’T know why we’re here and would like to be enlightened.” I could have sworn that the brat from YG sniggered but he covered it well. “We’re here because Young Soo called us here, so son, would you like to start?” My ex-wife, who had chosen the seat farthest from me stated, an attempt to save me, which I was grudgingly grateful for. The years have evidently done their work on her, but she was every bit as beautiful as I remembered, and every bit as assertive, the reason why I divorced her. She never listened.

  Sighing, Young Soo began, “I called you all here to apologize for all the trouble my immaturity has caused.” I saw my ex-wife look at him amusedly. I would have shared her amusement had I not felt guilty. After the argument in my office, I realized that I never did take the time to view my sons as, well, my children. Years in an industry that treated people as product tended to do that to you, but it was no excuse. I was a father and it was an obligation from heaven I could not shake off even if I wanted to. Perhaps this was why I was always so deeply involved in Boa’s issues, the girl was obedient, smart and away often enough for me to indulge in being fatherly to relieve me of my guilt for not fulfilling parental duty at home whilst allowing me time to still be her boss and her CEO.

  A loud proclamation from my son, the first time in years I have sincerely thought of him as such, cut me from my train of thought. “Firstly, I would like to apologize to my father. Father,” “Dad,” I interrupted him, call me dad. Startled eyes stared at me, but I shrugged them off with practiced ease. I owed my son that much. “Dad…” Young Soo choked out, I swear I could see tears in his eyes, as well as my ex-wife’s. “I’m sorry I was disrespectful to you that day. I’m sorry for yelling profanities in your face. You were right.  I was immature, I was useless, I couldn’t handle my own problems and it in turn affected my work. Success in SM Ballad does not negate failure in Shinee, no matter the reason, you gave them to me, I was supposed to look after them but I didn’t. But I’m not sorry for telling you that you should treat our artists as humans and not objects, they’re as much your products as they are your children!” I almost smiled at the way he used the word ‘our’ instead of ‘your’, he still felt tied to the company whether he admitted it or not. Then he turned to the girl, Yun Ri. Terribly talented girl she was for all her blatant disrespect. Her professor was all praises for her and truth be told, her work was impressive, though I wonder with her attitude, would the industry crush her or make her.

  “Secondly,  Yun Ri ah…I’m sorry. I wouldn’t be sorry to dad if I wasn’t sorry to you because, I let him call you a and I didn’t stand up for it. I didn’t stand up for you even at the last minute, so I’m sorry. For all the things I’ve yelled at my dad for that was right and wrong, none of it involved you, I never tried to correct his insult, so I’m sorry, and I’m sorry that I never made the effort to work out the problems in our relationship, but I’m not sorry that our relationship didn’t work out.” He cast a meaningful glance at the boy who sat next to Yun Ri, who looked like he was about to kill me when Young Soo mentioned my insult. Her cousin seemed calmer than Kwon Ji Young when Young Soo uttered the word ‘.’ “However, dad, you owe Yun Ri an apology. The insult was uncalled for,” Young Soo stated with an air of authority I never knew he had. Pride swelled in my chest, but I smirked instead, “Well, if my son says so, Ms Kim I’m-” “Gah,” the girl waved her hands around carelessly, “Save it Mr Lee. What’s a cold-hearted entertainment tyrant if he’s not allowed to insult a person or two. Besides, Young Soo, if your dad apologized, I’d have to forgive him and I would lose motivation to work hard in YG. So Mr Lee, for all it’s worth. Save it. You’re not the first person to compare me to female dogs and you won’t be the last.” She smirked right back at me. She’ll crush the industry or make it. I decided.

  I saw my ex-wife laughing behind her hand, along with a few members of Shinee, who were much more reserved in their actions. I could see why Young Soo fell for the girl, she was very much like his mother in her youth. “Thirdly, I would like to apologize to Nick, for making a selfish decision without considering your circumstances and situation. I would also like to apologize for dumping you with all the work recently because I was such a useless idiot.” The Taiwanese boy smiled and shrugged, “Apology accepted. Actually I’m a lot less pissed at you about the work than when I found out you started dating Yun Ri.”  He cast a long meaningful smile that meant nothing but malice to Kwon Ji Young, who returned it. My ex-wife and I exchanged glances, yes, Yun Ri was exactly like her in her youth.

  “Finally, to all of Shinee, I’m sorry.” Young Soo stood up from his chair and gave the 5 boys a 90 degree bow and then stood up, “Jinki, I’m sorry.” A bow. “Tae Min, I’m sorry.” A bow. “Min Ho, I’m sorry.” Another bow. “Ki Bum, I’m sorry.” Yet another bow. “Jong Hyun, I’m sorry.” Young Soo bowed again, each one lower than the other. The 5 boys quickly stood up to stop his actions, it isn’t everyday that an elder bows at you, certainly not repeatedly. Part of me felt justice, but most of me felt pain for my child, no parent liked seeing their children having to pull down their pride…not even the negligent ones.  “Guys, I’m so sorry, no other words can convey how sorry I am, neither can I explain how many things I screwed up, nor how badly. This whole fiasco with Shin Se Kyung, Tae Min’s school, Jinki’s health, Jong Hyun’s injury, all the drama, it’s all my fault, I’m sorry.” Young Soo finished again with another bow.

  The 5 boys scrambled to stop my son, but he didn’t stand up straight for another minute. I looked at my ex-wife again, the look in her eyes mirrored mine, we were proud of our son, he was finally growing up and admitting his mistakes; but the moment her eyes locked with mine, it changed to a look of annoyance and admonishment. I looked around the table, from the worn face of Jinki, to the jaded eyes of Tae Min, from the tired smile of Nick to the clasped hands of Jong Hyun and Ki Bum and I stood up. It was time for me to grow up too.

 3rd Person’s POV:

  Lee Soo Man stood up abruptly, causing everyone at the table to twitch in surprise. “Now now Young Soo, if we’re playing the blame game, then who better to take the blame than the evil-mastermind of this operation?” I smiled, truly for once. “You’re just a small manager Young Soo, and as a subordinate, all your mistakes are accounted for by your superior, yours and the ones of any other employee in SM. I Lee Soo Man hereby declare that I accept fault for all the grief and misery that the Shin Se Kyung and Kim Jong Hyun scandal has caused, both direct,” he looked at the Kim couple, “and indirect,” then at Yun Ri and Nick. “To all the affected parties, this was a miscalculation on my part, as such, I am sorry.” Lee Soo man bowed deeply, deeper than he ever had in his life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epilogue:

  Kim Yun Ri stared at her cousin who sat across the table worriedly, a half-eaten cheesecake sat between them solemnly. “Ki Bum…” She started, but the boy across her remained unmoving. “Ki Bum ah…the cheesecake’s melting…” She nudged the plate towards him, but Kim Ki Bum, aka Key, paid her no heed. Yun Ri let out a sigh but let him be. Silence reigned.

  Yun Ri sighed and dragged the cheesecake over to herself, “Look, if you’re not going to eat it, I will, but don’t blame me when Jong Hyun finds you too skinny to .” That seemed to have done the trick because Ki Bum immediately grabbed the fork from his cousin and wolfed down the cake. Apparently some idiot with the surname of Shin decided to graciously inform Kim Ki Bum that he was gaining pounds and ought diet, otherwise some other girls with her to-die for figure might just start another scandal with his very hot boyfriend.

  “Yun Ri, do I even want to know why paparazzi are gathering outside MY private apartment?” Ji Young looked out the curtain cautiously then at the heavily covered SM idol sitting at his dining table. “Not really Ji Young, you don’t.” She smiled cheekily. The iphon4 that sat on the table buzzed and Yun Ri quickly picked it up, then stared at the screen, unmoving. Fork hanging from his lips, Ki Bum asked, intrigued, “What?” “I’m going to kill that Kim Jong Hyun if it’s the last thing I do!” Then, Ki Bum’s phone vibrated too and then HE looked:

Jong Hyun:

Hey guys! Hey jagiya! =)

Just to let you guys know, the match-making blind date between Young Soo and Se Kyung was a success!! Yes, that means I’m officially Se Kyung free now Ki Bummie!

  Following his cousin’s example, Ki Bum threw his phone down on the table and gripped his fork with vengeance, “Kim Jong Hyun, I’m going to kill you if it’s the last thing I do!” Telling everyone Jong Hyun’s pet name for him! Did his boyfriend want to die!?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Shin Se Kyung set comfortably in the taxi while her manager, an associate from her company and a new intern sat next to her, on their way back to a schedule. “So, Se Kyung  unni, how are things between you and Jong Hyun sshi?” The intern asked. With a cryptic smile, she replied, “It’s cool.”

  The next day, it was over the news that Shin Se Kyung and Jong Hyun were still in love and dating. Ah, how gullible the youth are.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  “It that our Japanese debut is going to be cancelled…” Tae Min pouted. “Tae Min, show some concern for the Japanese people, they’re going through hard times right now!” Ki Bum admonished. But his position in Jong Hyun’s arms made his scolding less effective than it should have been. “It’s postponed guys, not cancelled,” Young Soo reminded them as he looked through the papers, concerned about the well-being of his friends in Japan.

  “Same difference,” Tae Min whined, few of the times he displayed his childishness. He was usually the more level-headed ones out of the 5. “Well it’s all for the best isn’t it?” Nick said, apron around his waist and spatula in hand, the scent of sweet and sour pork could smelled coming from the kitchen. “Is that lunch I smell?” Jinki said, waking up from his nap from the couch. “Yes it is Jinki, it’s almost done. But Tae Min, it’s really for the best seeing as our lead singer here has once again overworked his knee during his bedroom exercise and isn’t due for any schedules for another few months.” Nick finished his sentence with a meaningful glare. “Cut the guy some slack Nick,” Young Soo teased. “So says the freeloader of the house…you’re just happy that he hooked you up.” Nick grumbled. The EX-manager for Shinee pouted, which sent everyone into shivers due to his uncharacteristic action, “Well sorry if my new position as Social Corporate Responsibility Manager of SM doesn’t come with a new house. Besides, my dad’s the one paying for everything, who are you to argue.”

  “Yup, Yun Ri’s rubbing off him alright, isn’t it weird that they hang out more now than they do when there were together?” Ki Bum announced as he nuzzled his nose against Jong Hyun’s. “Ki Bum, no PDA in the living room,” Min Ho commented without taking his eyes off the soccer game. “GUYS! FREE ALCOHOL!!” A familiar female voice came from beyond their front door. Ki Bum lept  off the couch, followed by Jong Hun, then Tae Min who was glared at by all other remaining adults in the room. “WHAT!” Tae Min held his hands up defensively, “Can’t I be excited about Yun Ri nuna coming over?” All 4 of the men in the room rolled their eyes. Right, excited about Yun Ri and not the alcohol. As if.

  Going to arts school have done Tae Min a world of good, his school mates actually treat him like normal people (all being aspiring artists or too ‘un-mainstream’ to care about an idol), but it’s not hard to see the not so good influences as well…such as this one. “What! My mom told me to ‘do whatever I want; I don’t have such an insolent son.’ I’m just living up to her expectations.” The 4 exchanged glances and shook their heads.

  Whose fault was this anyway?