Chapter 6: Drama follows me around like a love sick puppy

Whose fault is it anyway?

A/N: Thank you guys so much for voting!! My readers are so cuteee!!!!!! So honest!! I direct this to people who voted ‘Her love life is not important’, I literally burst out laughing after reading it. Don’t worry this is still a Jonkey centric fic, the only reason I need Yun Ri to have some drama too is because I need to rationalize the reason behind her being so protective and supportive of Key all the time, most cousins aren’t that nice to each other ya know, not even if they live together, hence.

Alright then ONWARD with the story!

==============================================================================  

Yun Ri’s POV:

  I quickly took a snapshot of Jong Hyun trying to steal Ki Bum’s sunglasses while the plane is landing. After Jong Hyun and I returned from our little talk, something, dare I say miraculous happened; Ki Bum is actually willing to interact with Jong Hyun again. It took me 10 seconds to recover from the shock, so alright, Ki Bum is still avoiding (more like outright ignoring) Jong Hyun when he mentions Shin Se Kyung or anything about the whole incident, but at least now instead of turning away or getting me to distract Jong Hyun, my cousin is actually distracting him himself.

Flashback

  I let Jong Hyun get into his seat first before sitting down, after we both made ourselves comfortable, I saw him open his mouth, trying to say something to my cousin, thus my natural reaction was to pick up my camera to try and get in his way, as per my deal with Ki Bum. ‘Ki Bum, I-’ Surprisingly, he was cut off, but not by me, because I am too frozen out of shock to actually have moved. I stared as my cousin, the same guy who had ranted about Kim Jong Hyun for at least 3 hours prior to us getting to the air-port lean over and peck his ‘boyfriend’ on the check and the proceed to say, ‘Darling, one more word from you and I’m not talking to you anymore.’ As usual, what the diva wants, the diva gets, Jong Hyun promptly shut up after that, but not without a stupid grin on his face, which I am pretty sure will last for the next few hours of the flight. I cast Ki Bum a ‘WTF’ look, and the only reply I got was a shrug and a cocky grin. Why did I agree to come on this trip with him again?

End flashback

  In short, the two didn’t speak much if at all for the rest of the flight but were constantly messing with each other, like Jong Hyun stealing Ki Bum’s sunglasses just now, or when my cousin tried to mess up Jong Hyun’s hair. I quickly snapped another picture as Jong Hyun brushed some invisible dust off Ki Bum’s face and couldn’t help but go ‘awww’ inside. Until a few hours ago, I didn’t know I had an inner fangirl, sigh Kim Ki Bum, the things I do for you…but it’s inevitable, the two of them made such an adorable couple. To think they were both straight before meeting each other, I shook my head slowly at that thought. I briefly wondered what Lee Soo Man would say when he sees my camera full of Jongkey shots; would he royally screw me over or force me to destroy them? Probably the latter, I better transfer them out before the queen from hell decides he doesn’t want adorable fanservice shots in Shinee’s photobook. Well, at least I know what I can make for Ki Bum’s birthday, a Jongkey scrapbook. Just as I was grinning happily to myself, the cool voice of the air-stewardess brought me back to the harsh reality, ‘Passengers, we have now arrived at the Taipei Airport, Welcome to Taiwan…’ I tuned her out at the word Taiwan. I bit my lip, hard, and muttered to myself, ‘Hello Taiwan, I’m here again, lets hope nothing bad happens this time round,’ but I knew that’s impossible, I cast a quick glance at Ki Bum, who is so absorbed in his little lover’s world to remember or notice my solemn attitude. Drama follows me around like a love sick puppy.

Ki Bum’s POV:

  I felt my heart start racing at hundred miles per hour as Jong Hyun raised his hands to brush something off my face, the warmth from his fingertips lingered on my skin. I missed this; I missed his touches, his voice, his hugs and his smiles, as if reading my mind, he grabbed my hand and gave me his happiest and brightest smile, I swear to god, I melted right there and then. At that very moment the flight attendants voice rang throughout the plane, ‘Passengers, we have now arrived at the Taipei Airport, Welcome to Taiwan…’ I smiled back shyly at Jong Hyun and thought to myself, ‘Coming to Taiwan isn’t so bad after all.’

3rdPerson’s POV:

  The rest of Shinee, who have been monitoring the progress of the Jongkey situation high-fived each other when they saw Ki Bum and Jong Hyun smile at each other, a smile that has not graced either of their faces for weeks since the ‘Jongkyung incident’. As the flight attendant announced their arrival at Taiwan, the same thought crossed the remaining 3 members’ minds, ‘Maybe this trip won’t turnout so bad after all.’ If only they knew that drama follows them around like a love sick puppy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Young Soo stared incredulously as Yun Ri ran off to the special exit prepared for the rest of the staff and crew of Shinee so that she could gather with the other Photographers and take photos of Shinee’s arrival. The only problem was he had not told her where to go and the rest of the crew were still around, but seeing the mob outside the arrival hall, Young Soo decided to carry out his managerial duties first before sorting the problem child out. ‘Alright guys, first of all this is my first time taking a group overseas, so I apologize in advance if I make any mistakes. With that out of the way, I’m sure you all know the drill but just to clarify, Shinee, all of you will leave from the normal entrance, just follow the security guards and the ‘barrier team’, try to avoid rabid fangirls, though the Taiwanese fans are a lot less violent, do be careful, we don’t want a repeat of the Indonesia incident. Jong Hyun, make yourself scarce.’ The lead singer grumbled softly but nodded. Young Soo continued ‘Right outside the airport, you will see a van and a mini-bus, Shinee, the van is for you guys, so once you are there just get in. Only answer the reporters who are directly in front of you outside the gantry, I repeat, OUTSIDE the gantry, they’re from the aliased stations, and Jinki, you will answer most if not all the questions unless stated otherwise.’ The leader of Shinee nodded. ‘As for the luggage, as usual the rest of the crew will get everyone’s luggage and we’ll sort it out at the hotel. So, besides the barrier team and Shinee everyone else will be leaving from the express exit, I’ll be heading to the van first, the rest of you the bus driver will only leave when all the crew members have boarded so take your time, is everyone clear?’ The group chorused ’yes’. ‘Alright, lets’ go!’ At that the group broke up into two smaller divisions headed is two different directions.

  Ki Bum reluctantly fell back in the line, away from Jong Hyun in order to maintain their formation. The lead singer must always be in the center, no exceptions; at least that is the rule at SM. They group stopped every few steps to greet fans and for the first time in months, the 5 boys greeted the 400 fans who had skipped school to welcome them with a real smile, including Jong Hyun and Ki Bum. Of course along the way several media personnel who tried to corner Jong Hyun about Shin Se Kyung, but every time, Ki Bum would conveniently walk in front of the lead singer and cover him from the prying eyes of the media, to which Jong Hyun will look down onto the floor and smile to himself. The rest of Shinee inwardly commended themselves on a job well-done at the improved relationship of their resident couple. As the exit came in sight, the 5 boys stopped and gave the camera as well as the screaming fans a rehearsed but warm greeting, ‘大家好,我們是Shinee’, before walking as briskly as possible towards the waiting van.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jinki’s POV:

  Due to our formation, Tae Min and I got into the van first and what greeted us was a bright flashlight. ‘Tae Min, you squinted!’ I immediately recognized that as Yun Ri’s voice. ‘Noona! What are you doing here?’ I heard Tae Min exclaim. My mind echoed agreement to Tae Min’s question, except for the manager, the crew never rides with us, not even the translator. ‘She’s your personal photographer for this trip, SM has decided to print a new photobook for your guys!’ Young Soo hyung replied from his seat in the shotgun, I nodded understandingly, that explains a lot. Min Ho climbed in next, with press hounding hot on his heels, concerned I asked, ‘Where’s Ki Bum and Jong Hyun?’ ‘They’re being mobbed by the press, well technically speaking Jong Hyun is and Ki Bum is trying to shield him from them.’ I heard Young Soo hyung sigh and climb out of the car to rescue the two stranded members. I shook my head slowly, the car was silent aside from the soft purring noise of the engine, until a thought escaped my mouth without my consent, ‘I want bubble tea.’ The other 3 occupants in the car gave me raised eyebrows before breaking into an all-too familiar song, ‘Whatever he does it’s the Onew condition!~’ I heard the camera shutter click as I laughed dejectedly.

  ‘Jokes aside,’ Yun Ri began, I looked up. ‘How many of you really want to drink bubble tea though?’ Immediately, Tae Min, myself and even Min Ho put up our hands. She let out a soft laugh before continuing, ‘Cool, I know a good place, if it’s on the way to your hotel maybe we can stop by and grab you guys some bubble tea?’ Tae Min nodded enthusiastically but suddenly stopped and asked, ‘Yun Ri noona, you’ve been to Taiwan?’ An uncharacteristic bitter smile spread across her face as she said nothing and only nodded before turning to the driver and began saying something to the local driver in Chinese. I looked on stunned and I’m pretty sure so did so did Tae Min and Min Ho, since when did Yun Ri know Chinese? But before I could ask, Yun Ri had already finished her conversation and turned back to us with a stern glare, ‘It’s along the way, but don’t tell Ki Bum I told you guys about it k? Promise me.’   

  At the sudden change in atmosphere, all we could do was nod and before things could progress any further, the door opened to reveal a tired looking Jong Hyun and Ki Bum followed by Young Soo hyung. Yun Ri, Tae Min and I climbed our way to the backseat to make from for the two. ‘We can go now,’ Young Soo hyung told the driver in English, the driver nodded and drove off, but not before saying in rather broken English, ‘Bubble tea first?’ Tae Min nodded enthusiastically. Young Soo turned around and gave us a weird look, ‘Bubble tea?’ ‘Yea, Yun-’ Tae Min began but a sharp glare from Yun Ri prompted me to cut him off. ‘I wanted to drink bubble tea so we asked the driver if we can get one on the way.’ Young Soo hyung contemplated the exchange suspiciously but didn’t say anything. At that Yun Ri visibly relaxed and let out a sigh of relief before mouthing me a thank you. I nodded. Next to me, Tae Min gave Yun Ri and apologetic shrug which she waved off. The rest of the trip to the hotel was the most peaceful car ride I’ve had in months, with Young Soo hyung rattling on about our schedule, Ki Bum was actually napping on Jong Hyun’s shoulders while Min Ho rested against the window, Tae Min was gazing out the window serenely and Yun Ri was occasionally taking photos, but there was a nagging feeling in my gut that something bad is going to happen. On the bright side, my intuition is usually off…right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rdPerson’s POV:

  Shinee walked into the recording studio of 娛樂百分百, all dressed and made up, each holding not one but 2 cups of bubble tea. As the person who was responsible for buying 11 cups of bubble tea, Young Soo could not help but asked rather irritably, ‘Does it really taste that good? We have bubble tea in Korea too!’ Unfortunately for him, the 5 idols were too busy waving and bowing to their fans who had already gathered at the studio to answer his question. Instead, Yun Ri who was taking photos with one hand while holding her drink in another non-too gently shoved her drink into Young Soo’s mouth. Sighing in defeat, Young Soo took the cup from her and drank greedily from it, ‘Fine, I admit, it’s better than Korea’s.’ Yun Ri grinned from behind her camera.

  Whilst the hosts introduced today’s show to the fans seated in front of them, who, much to their chargin were all staring dreamily at Shinee, who were on stand-by behind them. Yun Ri giggled as the male host, Show Luo lashed out at the fans for not paying attention to them. The translator with Shinee quickly explained the situation to Shinee who smiled apologetically to the hosts while Ki Bum and Tae Min gestured them to turn their attention back to the two hosts. The fans did so obediently but turned around split seconds later. Both Young Soo and Yun Ri could not blame them, seeing as Ki Bum has for the umpteenth time adjusted Jong Hyun’s vest while the lead singer did the same for Ki Bum’s hair. Who would focus on the hosts if there was live fanservice behind you?

  ‘Yun Ri?’ ‘Yea?’ ‘I’ve been wondering for a while,’ Young Soo asked without turning to look at the girl who was busy taking photos of her cousin and his boyfriend , as well as the adorable troubled expressions of Jinki and Tae Min, ‘Do you speak Chinese?’ The manager of Shinee saw Yun Ri freeze at his question, missing the opportunity to take the photo of the 5 boys walking onset. She quickly steadied herself and snapped a photo of them doing their fist pump while answering curtly, ‘Yea I do.’ ‘That’s rare in Korea,’ Young Soo persisted. Yun Ri ignored his question in favor of taking the smiles of Shinee who were laughing at Jinki who was joking around with Show Luo, both pretending to speak each other’s language. ‘They haven’t shined this brightly for a well,’ Yun Ri muttered more to herself than to Young Soo, but he answered anyways. ‘Yea they haven’t, it seems surreal doesn’t it? They were just regular teenagers minutes ago and now they seem like inapproachable idols.’ Yun Ri crouched down in order to get a full shot of the fans along with the band and answered, ‘I secretly think they have an ‘on-off’ button for their idol mode.’ Young Soo could not help but laugh at the girls’ metaphor.

Yun Ri’s POV:

  As the show progressed on, I got more and more shutter happy. I know I’m being biased by taking mainly Ki Bum and Jong Hyun’s photos, but it’s really not my fault, or so I’d like to think. While the rest of Shinee, minus Jinki who is always providing comic relief, stood still smiling awkwardly at the exchanges between the fans and the hosts, only Jong Hyun and Ki Bum grinned like idiots 24/7, though I suppose they both have good reasons to, which provided good photo ops. ‘At least I took photos of Tae Min’s dance,’ I consoled myself. I saw the hosts begin the next games section of the program and watched in amusement as Min Ho lost on purpose to the fangirl. That is such a Min Ho to do, always letting girls win. In contrast, I waited for my cousin’s turn…’Ah! Too bad Key won!’ I heard the host announce. Exactly as I anticipated, Ki Bum never holds back, he always plays to win. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jong Hyun snigger at Ki Bum’s win while Jinki very subtly glared at him. They were supposed to make the fans happy, winning or losing is unimportant, unfortunately for my cousin, old habits die hard. Beside me, Young Soo shook his head slowly, ‘Is he always like that?’ ‘Yup, that’s the Almighty Key, always giving his 100%,’ I replied. Thank goodness Show Luo was really good at the game and won the ‘prize’ for the poor fangirl. Slowly, the show begin to come to an end, they sang their last song , Hello, and then a dreadfully familiar voice that echoed the lyrics stopped me from taking a photo for the hundredth time today. ‘Hello.’          

  Only one word escaped my mouth, in an almost ghostly whisper, ‘Nick.’

3rdPerson’s POV:

  Yun Ri was prepared to stand up and possible throttle the new comer, until Young Soo stepped forward and actually shook the guy’s hand. ‘Hi, you’re Nick Chung right? Nice to meet you, I’m the manager of Shinee, Lee Young Soo.’ The newly named man, Nick, returned the handshake. ‘No need for English, I speak Korean just fine, nice to meet you too Young Soo sshi.’ Young Soo nodded with a professional smile while Yun Ri tried to squirm away. ‘Let me introduce you to the band, they just finished the show,’ Young Soo gestured at Shinee who were thanking the hosts and crew while making their way off-set, the fans who were seated all but flocked to the 5 boys, asking for signatures and handshakes, only to be blocked by the security specially hired for this situation. Seeing the scene, Nick answered, ‘No, it’s ok, I can wait. And Yun Ri, 好久不見.(long time no see)’ Young Soo turned to the girl who has crouched into a small ball on the floor, evidently pretending to take photos and then back at the newly hired, temporary assistant manager for Shinee’s Taiwan promotions, Nick, who had suddenly addressed the Ki Bum’s cousin in Chinese and held his breath.

  Before either of them could answer, Ki Bum burst through the crowd of fans, hauled Nick to the dressing rooms, followed by a worried Young Soo, bewildered Shinee and tired Yun Ri. The first thing they heard when they entered the dressing room was Ki Bum’s shout, ‘What the are you doing here!’ ‘Kim Ki Bum! That is not the way you talk to your new assistant manager!’ Young Soo yelled back reflexively, however instead of apologizing, Ki Bum turned back to his manager and said in a soft but deadly voice, ‘I’m not talking to you, stay out of it,’ and turned back to Nick who had a playful glint in his eyes.

  ‘Cut it out, Ki Bum,’ Yun Ri, who was behind everybody walked to the centre of the commotion and grabbed her cousin’s arm. ‘No, it’s ok, he has the right to yell at me,’ Nick said and then turned to Yun Ri and switched to Chinese, ‘我就是因為打聽到你會跟Shinee來台才要求社長把這份工作讓給我的,那個…以前的事情對不起,我們從頭來過吧?(I only asked my boss to give me this job because I heard that you’ll be coming to Taiwan with Shinee, about last time….I’m sorry, let us start over.)’ The newly appointed assistant manager held his hand out to Ki Bum’s cousin. Judging from Ki Bum’s extremely pissed off expression, everyone in the room expected Yun Ri to unleash her infamous ‘slap of fury’ on the man, but instead, the girl let out a huge sigh, muttered something that sounded vaguely like, ‘There really are no such thing as coincidences,’ and ran her fingers through her hair tiredly then briskly walked out of the room. Ki Bum moved to chase after his cousin, but was held back by both Jong Hyun and Young Soo. ‘I’ll get her later, we have a schedule to keep,’ Young Soo said. Jong Hyun as well as the rest of Shinee turned to look at their manager with shocked faces. Evidently, everyone had expected, Young Soo go after Yun Ri, not suggest that they all just, well, leave. Tae Min’s explosion voiced out the thoughts that was bubbling anger in Ki Bum’s head, ‘How can you think about work at a time like this!? Are you human!?’ Young Soo bit his lip, he knew that his decision seemed inhumane, but, ‘She speaks Chinese, I’ll drop her a text to meet us back at the hotel once she’s sorted herself out. We can’t afford anymore scandals, understand?’ The 4 idols nodded obediently though Ki Bum looked angry enough to kill, the only thing holding him back was Jong Hyun’s hands on his, that  and Young Soo’s vice-like grip, preventing him for going anywhere.

  Thus, the Almighty Key was literally dragged back to the van, along with 4 other idols with heavy footsteps, leaving Yun Ri alone, somewhere in the unfamiliar city of Taipei.

  ‘Shh…she’ll be okay baby, I promise,’ Jong Hyun whispered to Ki Bum and placed a soft kiss on his forehead in the back-most seats so that Nick, who was seated infront of them would not see their affectionate display (though he did through the rearview mirror). Ki Bum burrowed his head deeper into the hollow of his boyfriend’s neck, unsure whether to scream, yell or cry. ‘It’s all my fault…’ Ki Bum muttered. Visibly, aside from Nick and the driver, the remaining occupants in the car sighed tiredly.

  Drama really does follow them around like a love-sick puppy.     

===================================================================

A/N: Just so you guys know, the next chapter will be a small filler/side-story of what happened between Yun Ri and Nick, which will explain why she will go to the pits of hell for Key. Don'y worry, Key will have a major role, this is just to preempt the major resolution between Jong Hyun and Key after the fan party! Jonkey fluff comingsoon! well kiss that is. <3 Hope you guys love this chapter.

Thanks for reading!

Much love

endlesssky