Chapter 3: I can't look at anything without crying

Whose fault is it anyway?

Chapter 3: I can’t look at anything without crying

A/N: OMG OMG OMG!!! Lol, ok I’m just so touched that people read and comment on this..I actually have readers!! I’m so grateful that I decided to do a double update in a day! T.T Well my exams are in 4 days  so I’ll be taking like a week’s break and update frequently again after 19th! Thank you reviewers!! You guys totally made my day!!!! ^-^

On to the Jonkey fluff I promised!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Jong Hyun was not really as drunk as he let on to be. He can act pretty well when he has to and at the moment, he has to. Pretending to be drunk is the only way he can get a break from any of the members; it was the only way for him to show that he too was a victim. Min Ho had decided to sleep in Tae Min and Jinki’s room for the night, partly to leave Jong Hyun in peace and partly to keep the other two company, for whatever reasons, Jong Hyun was grateful to be alone.

Jong Hyun’s POV:

  I buried my face into the pillows and inhaled. I figured if I breathed in hard enough, I will find Ki Bum’s scent in there and true enough I did, or maybe I was hallucinating, but that wasn’t important, I just needed a piece of him to hold onto. The spicy and tangy smell of all-spice, just like Ki Bum’s personality, tingled my senses and dragged me back to the last night he slept next to me.

Flashback:

  ‘You think everyone will be shocked that we don’t actually do anything when we sleep together?’ My diva said as he turned around to face me. Yes, although we are a couple, we sleep facing away from each other. It was weird, I know, but simply feeling our presence next to each other was enough for us. That and Ki Bum was such a light sleeper that he is disturbed even by the sounds of people breathing. It was one of the reasons why he roomed with Tae Min and Jinki hyung, because I sang in my sleep and Min Ho occasionally snores.

  ‘Since when do you care what other people think?’ I asked him, brushing his hair out of his face. He didn’t reply, but instead gave me a pout and a cute glare. I raised an eyebrow, ‘What?’ He glanced at the arm that I was using to prop my head up, ‘What did I tell you about your arm whenever I turn around to face you?’ I almost lost my balance, he was upset over that? I giggled at his cuteness and proceeded to pillow my arms under his neck. Ki Bum love law #2, whenever Ki Bum is facing Jong Hyun on the bed, Jong Hyun must use his arm as a pillow for Ki Bum or risk being ignored by Ki Bum for 3 days. Ki Bum’s pout immediately broke into a brilliant smile and he snuggled up against me. I made a move to hold him closer, but he pushed me away, ‘It’s hot.’ I rolled my eyes and with my free arm flicked his button nose, ‘You’re such a diva.’ He stuck his tongue out at me, ‘You know you love me.’ I smiled at his attempt to fish a confession out of me, ‘Yes my dear, I love you. The question is do you love me?’

  Almost immediately, Ki Bum made the move to turn his back towards me, but my arm under him stopped him from doing so. I don’t think anyone will believe me when I say this, but the Diva Key, off screen is actually very shy about admitting his feelings honestly. It always took a lot for him to say simple things like “I love you,” or “I miss you,” but that’s what I love about him. That and his troubled face whenever I about it, like now, ‘Ki Bum ah, why are you so silent? Do you not love me anymore?’ His face scrunched up in that adorable pout I knew oh so well, ‘Haven’t you heard the phrase “silence means consent?” If I’m silent it means I do!’ ‘You do what? Me?’ Getting redder if any possible, Ki Bum raised his hand and slapped my arm playfully, ‘Pevert!! That I do love you! There! I said it, are you happy now!’ He said, trying to hide his embarrassment with anger. Deciding that I have enough, I ruffled his hair affectionately, something only I am allowed to do, touch his hair, his beloved hair that sometimes even the hairstylist isn’t allowed to touch, ‘It’s getting late, we have to wake up early tomorrow, get some sleep.’ I slowly pulled out my arm from under him so he can turn around, which he did. A brief moment of comfortable silence passed between us and suddenly, he spoke up, ‘Jjong.’ ‘Yea?’ ‘Sing for me.’ ‘What do you want me to sing?’ ‘Gom Se Mari.’ I laughed at his choice of song but sang it anyways. I don’t think I have tried to sing a nursery rhyme well this hard since, well forever, but anything to make my love happy.

End flashback

  A tear escaped my eyes as I reminisced our last night together on this bed. I looked around the room that was pitch black, eyes unable to see anything and thanked Min Ho for switching off all the lights. Just a scent triggered so much emotions, I dared not think what would happen if I could see, but deep down I knew, ‘I can’t look at anything without crying right now…’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rdPerson’s POV: 

  ‘I can’t look at anything without crying right now,’ Ki Bum said. A disgruntled Yun Ri turned around and replied none too kindly, ‘well then don’t look and go to sleep.’ She really did not mean to come across as harsh but every since Jong Hyun’s relationship was made public, Ki Bum had been staying at her place, or more precisely, sleeping in her bed (seeing as she lived in a studio apartment and he was family, not to mention gay) which meant little to no sleep for her, on top of school work and her job. She had planned on catching up on some sleep tonight but one phone call from Jinki ruined it all and now she really was too tired to play mother to her cousin. ‘You’re so mean!’ Ki Bum whined. Deciding that she would just skip school the next day to sleep, she sat up and looked at the ‘mother’ of Shinee, ‘Ok ok, I’m up, what do you want to talk about?’ ‘How did you know I want to talk?’ ‘You always talk when you can’t sleep. And you usually don’t care if I’m awake to listen or not, not that that makes a difference,’ Yun Ri trailed off, yes, the gene for being light sleepers ran deep in the Kim family.

  ‘Our last night together, I made him sing Gom Se Mari to me,’ Ki Bum said out of nowhere. Propping up a pillow behind herself, then Ki Bum, the 19 year old stopped to give her cousin a weird look. ‘You had THE Kim Jong Hyun to serenade you and of ALL the songs in the world, you made him sing a NURSERY RHYME?’ The boy shrugged nonchalantly, ‘Yea.’ Copying his gesture, Yun Ri replied, ‘Well ok, whatever makes you happy.’ Silence ensued again. Ki Bum fiddled with his earring and let his eyes and mind wonder, ‘He’s always singing love songs on radio shows and variety programs. I wanted him to sing a song that he will sing to me and only me. A song only I will ever get to hear from him.’

  As if predicting his actions, Yun Ri passed him a giant Stitch soft toy to hug, which he did and he continued, ‘You know my left piercing actually belongs to him?’ Hugging her own soft toy, Yun Ri replied half-heartedly, ‘Is that so?’ ‘Yea..’ Another bout of silence came about. Inwardly, Yun Ri wanted to giggle at the similarity of the situation and a girls’ slumber party. They were both holding giant stuffed toys and staying up talking about boys, but before her train of thought could travel further, Ki Bum started talking again. ‘It was another night we were sleeping together, I complained that we didn’t have a couple momento, like you know, couple rings and such?’ His cousin nodded and he continued, ‘But we can’t have anything too obvious, fanservice is fine but we don’t want people to get the wrong, well right idea.’ ‘So he gave you his earring?’ Yun Ri asked, Ki Bum gave her his very best diva glare, ‘Can you please don’t skip right to the end of the story!’ Putting the giant Lotso bear up defensively, Yun Ri quickly apologized, ‘Sorry sorry, please continue.’

  ‘As I was saying, we can’t have anything too obvious that would get in the way of our stylists’ work. He suggested many things, shoes, cuffs, bracelets, necklaces. Heck, he even suggested couple tattoos.’ Hearing the word tattoo, Yun Ri perked up, ‘Couple tattoo would be really cool.’ ‘Yea, but it hurts too much,’ to which Yun Ri rolled her eyes at his reply, ‘Says the guy who got a conch piercing.’ At her statement, Ki Bum let out a short laugh, ‘Funny, that’s what he said too.’ ‘Mian…’ She trailed off. ‘Nah it’s ok, being able to talk about him freely makes me feel better. Anyways, where was I, oh right, at first we tried wearing couple underwear,’ Yun Ri chuckled at that. ‘But one time it got mixed up when we did laundry and Tae Min wore it instead, by accident and a fangirl, my god why were they even looking at our underwear when we dance? Yea a fangirl saw that Jjong and Tae Min were wearing matching underwear and yelled “OMO! JONG HYUN AND TAE MIN ARE WEARING COUPLE UNDERWEAR!” So we kinda stopped the underwear idea after that.’ Unable to contain her laughter, Yun Ri broke into fits of giggles before letting her cousin continue his story.

   ‘Sigh…girls these days. Yup, so in the end, I wanted something to wear with me all the time. You know Jjong has two piercings on his right ear right? He gave me his top one so I can wear it on my left ear, you know, left and right so we’ll make a set? That’s why recently his other piercing on his left ear is always left empty, it’s cause I’m wearing it,’ Ki Bum concluded with a smile as he took off the earring and let it sit on his palm while he stared at it, a tear escaped his eyes. ‘Hold the waterworks, I’ll be back with tissue,’ Yun Ri quickly got off the bed and went to her bathroom where a dozen boxes of tissue stocked for this very occasion sat. Ki Bum nodded and waited for her to come back. The moment he felt her weight on the bed again, the Almighty Key of Shinee burst into tears, ‘Yun Ri, I love him so much…’ ‘Sh…I know…We’ll fix this ok? I promise we will.’

 Yun Ri’s POV:

  I should have turned off all the lights so he can’t see…*sigh* he can’t look at anything right now without crying…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yes my lovelies! That was my Jongkey fluff for you guys! Not exactly fluff, more like bittersweet, but  I really at all the lovey dovey stuff so this is the best I can do. Btw, do you guys want me to leave a line between every sentence for easy reading or is the paragraphing alright? Cause I know bad paragphing is hard to read.

Anyhow, here are some teasers of my next update as apologies for not updating until I finish my exams:

‘Lee Young Soo, can you please repeat that sentence again?’

‘You’re going to Taiwan with us.’

‘I would swear my head off if it weren’t for the fact that there are little kids here.’

‘That’s why I picked this place.’

‘Jerk…what about my school? My job? I do need to pay rent you know.’

‘You’re probably going to have to take leave from school but as for your rent, did you think SM would let you freeload with us? You’re being hired as this trip’s photographer.’

‘Well WTF and FML, haven’t you guys just got this planned down to a T.’

‘It was all Ki Bum sshi’s idea actually.’

‘I knew that grin was bad news…’

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Ki Bum’s POV:

  I gave Yun Ri my cutest most irresistible puppy dog pout and counted down from 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…’AISH!  KIM JONG HYUN, WE NEED TO TALK!’ Everyone in first class turned towards us, well everyone just meant the rest of Shinee and our coordinators and watched my cousin dragged my boyfriend…was he still my boyfriend? Out of our seat...

//////////////////////////////////////////

Jong Hyun’s POV:

  I couldn’t stop crying as the fans chanted my name. On one hand I was touched, but my real tears were for Ki Bum. Our Shawols could accept me loving Se Kyung, I should have believed that they would accept me and Ki Bum as well then…I’m such an idiot…a total complete idiot…