Seventeen

New Blood

MiYoung's POV

As we were walking through the house to get where the rest of the boys were, I was already trying to map out in my head where everything was, but I had no luck, my mind wouldn't shut up. I tried to process everything that had happened today so far, but no matter how hard I try to convince myself that this is real, it still seemed too crazy to be true. "Hey," Seungcheol finally broke the silence between us, "so, I never got your name" he awkwardly chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

I laughed, "It's MiYoung, Jae MiYoung"

He stopped in front of a random door, "Well Youngie, are you ready to meet everyone?" He flashed a cute smile at me. Youngie? Isn't it a little soon for nicknames? I got a little nervous, these are going to be the people I live with, and my first impression is this? I looked down at my blood stained t-shirt and ripped up shorts. "You look fine, but we can go shopping tomorrow and get some things for you to wear." 

I gave him a confused look, "Go shopping? Can't vampires like not go out in sunlight? Doesn't human blood make us crazy? Wait! We don't sparkle, do we?" Questions ran out of my mouth like crazy. 

He shook his head at the last question, "No we don't sparkle, being a vampire is nothing like Twilight," he rolled his eyes and chuckled at my silly question, "we do burn in the sun, but the mall nearby closes at 11, the sun goes down around 8:30 maybe 9, so we're fine. And no, human blood doesn't make us crazy, it's the effects that drive us crazy. The rush you got after feeding for the first time, fresh human blood feels 10 better than that, as long as you never feed off a human, you should be fine." He paused as if he was thinking really hard, "I'm sure big mouth Jeonghan told everyone about you," so Jeonghan was the one with long hair earlier, "Stay here, I'll come get you when I'm ready." I nodded as he stepped into the room. I leaned against the wall across from the door. It wasn't even a minute before I could hear a bunch of voices getting louder, I tried to focus on listening to them, maybe vampires have enhanced hearing?

"So Jeonghan was right! Is she as pretty as he said?"

"Wow it's been awhile since we got a new blood...why a girl?"

"Yay! I'm not the youngest anymore!"

"Be on your best behavior guys, she's still adjusting, come on everyone come together, I'm bringing her in!" I stood there in awe, I wonder what else I can do now, this is kind of cool. The door opened and Seungcheol peeked his head through, "I know there's a lot of us, so it's okay if you don't remember all our names at first."

He opened the door the rest of the way and let me walk in. There was a group of boys in front of me, they were all somehow sitting on two couches. Seungcheol guided me to the front of the group, it was awkwardly quiet compared to how loud they were earlier. Do they not like me already? They were just staring at me, I knew I looked terrible, "So Seventeen, this is Jae MiYoung, she's our new addition," some of the boys waved, some of them said hi, "MiYoung this is Seventeen, want to introduce yourselves?" 

One by one they introduced themselves, I tried my best to pay attention and remember the names, but he was right, there's just so many. "So, MiYoung, tell us about you!" Seungkwang said, leaning forward excitedly. 

I got a little flustered being put on the spot, " Umm.." I tried to think but for some reason my mind was blank.

"Why would you ask her something like that? That's such a broad question" Woozi scolded.

"Yeah, I'm sure you wouldn't know what to say either Seungkwang" Dino agreed.

"No, it's okay," I laughed, "there's just not much to tell I guess. I'm 20 years old, and I worked in a restaurant so I could go to college. Umm," I paused to think, "Yeah, that's about it." There wasn't too much to me, I was a simple girl, for the most part.

"I'm sure there's more!" Dk pressed on. There wasn't much more I could say, so I gave them all an apologetic look.

"Okay, I think that's enough for today," Seungcheol saved me, "want me to show you back to your room?" I nodded to him with a smile of relief. I was so overwhelmed from today, I just wanted to be alone for a little bit. Everyone was calling at us as we walked out, I waved bye and smiled at them before we left. They seemed really fun, I'll have to get to know them a little bit more tomorrow. We walked in silence up a flight of stairs, and to a door that I assumed was mine. "This is your room, and if you ever need anything this whole floor has everyone's rooms, Mine is just a few doors down." 

He pointed down the hall my room was at, there were a few more hallways coming out of where the stairs came up. my door was the first one in my hall. "So, can I ask a question...it might be a little silly." he nodded in response, "We sleep...right?" I asked. Everything was new to me, a whole new life that I've only seen in the movies.

He laughed at my question, "yes, we do, and before you ask, we don't turn into bats" he winked and stuck his tongue out at me.

Is he really teasing me right now? "Wait, so we read minds then?" I asked sarcastically and laughed. 

"Maybe," he said sticking his tongue out again and turned his back to me, "goodnight Youngie," he said walking towards his room. He's kidding...right? I turned and went into my room. I didn't have a chance to look around my room too much before. There was a door on the opposite side of the room that my bed was on, I opened it and it was a large bathroom with a shower, bathtub, vanity, and sink. there was a mirror as well, I looked into it, well I guess that vampire myth isn't true. There was another pair of doors covered with thick curtains, I opened them to feel a rush of wind from outside. Ahh, fresh air. We were surrounded by trees so I assumed we were in the middle of a forest. Where am I anyways? I looked around and it looked like all the rooms that I could see had little balconies as well. I went back inside and flopped on my bed.

So this is my new life...