The Beach

New Blood

"Ahh!" I woke up in a cold sweat, trying hard to catch my breath. I had that dream again, I sighed trying to push the memories out of my head. Every now and again, I would have the same nightmare ever since my parents died. I slowly got out of bed to wash my face, my knees were still a bit shaky. As I looked into the mirror I saw that under my eyes were a bit puffy, I splashed water on my face to help bring it down and to bring me back to reality again. I jumped as there was a soft knock at the door, "i-it's open!" I yelled from the bathroom, wiping my face off.

I glanced back to see Seungcheol walking in the room, "just thought I'd let you know, everyone is getting ready to head to the beach, you can just meet us downstairs." He wasn't looking anywhere near where I was, so I walked out into the room. "Oh, there you-" He said turning to look at me but then turned right back, "Uhh-um" He pointed at me, what's wrong with him?

I looked down to see what I was wearing, loose pajama shorts and a tight tank top. I looked at Seungcheol with a questionable look, the worst thing was that I wasn't wearing a bra, which I didn't think was too bad. I thought for a second, well I guess he's been living with only guys for awhile, "Oh, sorry, I guess I got a little too comfortable." I laughed, I should be more careful from now on. 

"No," He blurted out in a panic, and turned to look at me again, "please get comfortable, I'm sorry," he wouldn't look away from my eyes now. I couldn't tell if it was because he was being sincere or if he just didn't want to get caught looking anywhere else. "It will just take a bit for me and everyone to get used to having a girl around." he laughed and started walking towards the door, "So we'll see you in 10?" He asked, not facing me anymore. 

I chuckled, I could tell he was getting embarrassed, "Yeah, I'll be down in a bit." So, with that, he left the room, and I hurried to get ready. I threw on a bikini that one of the boys picked out for me and braided my hair into two long braids. I glanced in the mirror before leaving. Maybe I should put something on to cover up a little? I looked at my wardrobe and found something that would do the job.

Third Person POV

All the boys were gathered downstairs, waiting for MiYoung. "Is it going to be like this from now on, always waiting?" Dino complained, tapping his foot impatiently. 

"Well she is a girl, they always take longer to get ready, we will just have to get used to having her around"  Seungcheol scolded him, but in the process, he got flustered thinking of what had happened minutes before. Thoughts of her messy hair and loose, almost see-through clothing made his mind a cluttered mess.

Just seconds after he said that she appeared out of nowhere, "You guys ready?" MiYoung yelled excitedly down the stairs. She made eye contact with Woozi and gave him a gentle smile, hoping that he had gotten over the argument they had. Instead of returning a small smile, he turned away. Not because he was still upset, it was because his still heart dropped into his stomach. His chest felt as if someone was sitting on it, what is this feeling? He thought to himself.

MiYoung was bewildered with the back of the house, it wasn't what she expected at all. The front was a dense forest, the back was similar but it had an open row where you could see the lake from the house. The thought of how beautiful it would be at sunset made her feel depressed that she could never see that again. 

The boys were being rowdy and playing around, as always, but they could sense something was wrong with her. So they let her take in the beauty of the nature around her, in hopes that would cheer her up. Seungcheol could tell that something was wrong with her in the morning when he saw her, he was just waiting for the right moment to confront her. 

Everyone went down a flight of old, wooden steps and they all took off their shirts and shoes. MiYoung looked around at the boys and yet again she got flustered seeing their bare bodies. She quickly glanced around in curiosity, they all looked pretty fit for the most part. As she looked around she noticed that none of them were even looking in her direction. She figured that they were just as uncomfortable as Seungcheol was this morning so she thought she'd make her way into the water. 

She let her feet sink into the sand, she smiled and wiggled her toes. Sand felt so much softer than she remembered, after wiggling her toes a bit, she ran towards the water at full speed. She wanted to feel everything, all the little details she wanted to feel that she never could before. The wind in her hair, the sand on her feet, and now the cool water splashing over her body as she ran into the dark lake. 

She heard footsteps continuing behind her, the boys were yelling at her from behind...

"Hey! Wait up!"

"Don't start the party without us"

"If you're going to race, at least let us know so we have a chance!"

As she stood in the water for a second to feel the waves coming in, until the boys joined her. Since they were running into the water, it was being kicked up, splashing her, she squealed in response, "Ah, come on guys!" She laughed as everyone got settled in around her.

As she was looking around she noticed there was someone missing. She looked around making mental notes on who all was in the water, but in the middle of counting, she noticed a body sitting on the top if the staircase. It was Woozi, sitting away from everyone writing in that secret notebook of his. 

As she was dazed off, wondering what Woozi was writing in his notebook, Seungcheol brought her back to reality by splashing her whole body. "Back to Earth Youngie" he laughed.

"I never left earth!" She teased, as she splashed him back. They kept splashing each other back and forth, giggling like two little kids. She didn't know how long or how intensity she was staring, but she was glad that she was brought back to reality. 

What she didn't know was as soon as she looked away Woozi looked up from his deep thoughts to peek at the scene below. He saw everyone splashing and having fun, which made him smile fondly. He really treasured the others, they were like his family. Seeing them all smiling and having fun made him want to go down and join. 

His smile started to fade when his eyes landed on MiYoung. He felt a tug in his gut, he knew he had to apologize for the other day. He wasn't looking forward to it, though. He was terrible at apologizing, so he usually just let the tension fade away until things were back to normal. It was different this time, he didn't want things to be tense between the two for too long of time.

DK, Hoshi, and Dino all went to a shed near the steps to grab a few things. Dino came out with a couple of foam footballs, Hoshi came out with volleyballs, and DK came out with arms full of body boards.

As they came out everyone started to cheer and run out of the water. Unlike the boys, MiYoung didn't run up to the three to grab things out of their arms. Instead, she sat on the sidelines and watched the boys play around. She ran her fingers over the beach grass and sand, until she heard footsteps coming from the stairs next to her.

MiYoung POV

Even though I heard Woozi coming down, I didn't imagine that he would come and sit next to me. It was quite for a second, I didn't know what to say to him after yesterday. I wasn't mad about it anymore, but I still felt awkward and uncomfortable around him now. Knowing such a huge secret about him, I had to act like I didn't know. He sighed loudly, "Look, I'm not good at this," I looked at him, confused, but I nodded telling him I was listening. "I'm sorry about yesterday. It's just that notebook," he stopped because we were interrupted by a volleyball hitting his feet.

He picked it up and we both looked up to see everyone but us playing volleyball. Seungcheol waved at us, "Hey! Bring it over here! I have an announcement to make!" 

We looked at each other, both confused, "we can finish talking later right?" I have him a hopeful look, but he didn't even look back at me, he just grunted in agreement and walked off with the ball. Well, that was a little rude, why can't I figure him out? I trailed shortly behind him.

When we got over to the group, Woozi threw the ball at Seungcheol, shooting him a glare. Seungcheol looked at me and I just rolled my eyes and shrugged my shoulders in defeat. He gave me a sympathetic smile and threw the ball at me, "You're ball is tomorrow!" He said excitedly and everyone cheered, "and to make it fun, we're going to play a game and whichever team wins, doesn't have to help setting up. MiYoung, pick your team." With that, all of the boys were going 'pick me!" 

I looked around at all they boys, who looks the most athletic? I didn't want to set up my own party, I wanted to spend all day getting ready. "Okay," I started, "I want Seungcheol, Jun, DK, Wonwoo, Mingyu, and Woozi." Woozi didn't look too athletic, but I thought having him not have to set up would be my own apology.

Seungkwang clicked his tongue, "that's alright, I guess you're going to set up your own party" he teased as the others headed to the other side of the net.

I looked around at my team, I was pretty confident we wouldn't lose. We huddled in a circle, "so DK, Wonwoo, and Mingyu, you guys stay in the front and be ready to spike the ball whenever you can," Woozi took charge, I assume he doesn't want to set up as much as me, "MiYoung and Jun, you guys stay in the middle and keep the ball in play, Seungcheol and I will stay in the back and get the far balls and help you two as well." His plan was almost flawless, so no one tried to object anything. We all nodded and got into position. 

The others were in a similar formation, maybe it will be a fair match? Hoshi had the ball in his hand, ready to serve, "you guys ready?" he yelled and we nodded in response, "alright let's go!" With that, Hoshi served the ball and the game started.

It went back and forth for what seemed like hours, we were tied, 9 to 9. Whoever made the next point won. It was our serve, "Come on Woozi!" I cheered, and a smile cracked on his serious face. The serve was good, Joshua took it on the other side and passed it to The8, he then passed it to our side. No one was around where the ball was but me, I dove into the sand to save it, "DK!" I yelled as the ball came towards him, he then spiked it and everyone on the other team dove for it, but it kept rolling. "Woo! we won!" I screamed and jumped around. 

My team then circled around me and we all hugged in celebration. "No setting up for us!" Mingyu said and stretched out, "that's was a tough game!" he said looking exhausted. 

I nodded in agreement, "yeah, I'm ready to head in, good game guys!" I yelled to the other team and they waved goodbye as I headed in.

"Wait up!" there was a call behind me. I looked back on see who it was, even though I could have told by the voice, it was Woozi. I slowed down and waited for him or catch up, "could we finish talking?" He asked awkwardly. 

I gave him a smile and nodded, "yeah, the sun is going to come up soon, can we talk inside?" It was hard to believe that we already spent all day outside, days seemed so much shorter than when I wasn't a vampire.

He simply nodded, "your room is fine." Woozi motioned for me to lead the way. 

The way to my room was so silent you could hear the floorboards creak under our footsteps. Is he always this quiet and awkward when he's not mad? When we got to my room I sat on the edge of my bed comfortably and patted next to me, "you don't have to just stand around like that," I laughed, "I don't bite."

I thought about what I had just said and mentally smacked my head, idiot. Woozi raised an eyebrow and chuckled, "are you sure about that?" he asked flashing his fangs at me and smirked. He sat next to me and hugged one of his knees against his chest. "So," he started, "like I said earlier, sorry." he simply said.

I gave him a dry chuckle and sighed, "it's alright, don't worry about it." I understood why he got mad, and I was already over the whole thing. There was a part of me that wanted to tell him about what Seungcheol had told me, but I couldn't. It would ruin Woozi's trust in him, and from the sound of it, that's about the only person he does trust.

He shook his head and hid it in his arm, "no, it's not alright, I'm really not like that, I just," he paused to sigh, "that notebook is very important to me, it has everything I think and feel written in it. That's what caused me to explode like that. No one has seen what's in it, so the thought of someone seeing it made me panic. It holds all my deepest secrets." He looked off into space, as if deep in thought. I was speechless, all I could do was sit there with wide eyes and stare at the man next to me. I was shocked that he had told me that.

I took a moment to really look at him for the first time since we meet. He looked so young, his skin almost glowed it was so flawless. The longer I looked the more details I noticed. He reminded me of a cat in a way, the way his lips naturally laid and his eyes too. He was actually a very attractive man after I really looked at him. He glanced over at me, but then hid his face back in the nook of his arm, "don't look at me like that," he groaned, "i-it's embarrassing." he confessed. 

Is his really the same guy from yesterday? I tried my best to find the right words, "I'm really glad you told me that, that's all" I smiled at him to put him to ease. I saw him peeking out of the corner, "I just hope that someday you'll trust me enough to let me take a peek, and not feel scared. When and if that happens, I'll be here waiting patiently."

He lifted his head, looking a bit surprised to what I said, but I meant it. I wanted to know what was in his notebook, but I wasn't going to force him to. If he wanted to show me he would. He cracked a small smile, "Maybe someday." That was all he said, before getting up from my bedside, "well I should leave you to get ready for bed, tomorrow is a big day."

I was going to say something, but he didn't let me, before anything escaped my mouth, he was already gone. I silently pouted, for a minute before washing up and going to bed. He was right about tomorrow, it was a big day for me, and I was so excited, but nervous as well.