Preparations

New Blood

My eyes opened to pure darkness, and the sound of yelling boys. I guess this means it's time to get up, I stretched my body out and rolled around my bed to wake up. The boys are probably already setting up for the ball tonight, I should get up and start getting ready too. As soon as I got out of bed, a hot shower was calling my name. I felt oddly slow and out of it this morning, does this mean I need to feed again? I pushed the thought to the back of my head and jumped into the shower. 

After combing through my now wet hair, I put a long and fluffy robe on to cover my body. I went into a tall wardrobe where I had put all of my formal dresses. I scanned through all of the dresses in front of me. I had no clue what to wear. Should I call one of the boys to help me? I thought for a second, hopefully, after yesterday's trip to the beach, the boys were more comfortable with having a girl in the house.

Before I even thought about who to call for, there was a knock at the door, "come in!" I called out and Seungcheol entered the room, "oh, hey" I laughed, "perfect timing."

He seemed a lot more comfortable with me today than yesterday. He smiled and walked in, "Oh? Well, good, you're already getting ready, I have some things I want to run by you before the party." he explained sitting on my bed as if it were his own. 

I didn't let him go any further, though, I had a question of my own, "wait!" I stopped him, "before you say anything else, I have an important question." I said seriously. He was taken back by my sudden change in attitude, but he nodded at me to continue. I sighed and motioned towards my wardrobe, "what dress should I wear tonight?" I exaggerated and gave him the most helpless look I could as if my life depended on his answer.

He laughed, "I thought it was really serious! You had me scared for a second" he got up from his comfortable position on my bed and stood next to me in front of my wardrobe, "hmm," he scanned through all of my dresses carefully, "this one" he pulled out a black dress with a rainbow bottom. He held it up in front of me, nodding, agreeing with his own opinion.

I lightly put his hand down and looked at it and then back at him questionably, "are you sure? Do you think it's too formal?" it looked like a dress you would wear to the red carpet. I didn't want to be overdressed and feel more out of place than I already knew I was going to.

He laughed, "everyone will be just as dressed up, maybe more even." Wow I guess this is a big deal, "and you'll see, it goes perfectly with what we're wearing." the corner of his mouth raised a little bit into a smirk. What are they wearing? "Anyways, can I go over some things with you?" He changed into serious Seungcheol. I've slowly learned that there was leader Seungcheol and then flirty and fun Seungcheol.

I flopped onto my bed, getting comfortable, "yeah, what's up?" I said, resting my chin in my palm.

He chuckled, "well first," he started, "I saw you and Woozi were together last night, is everything better?" He had a caring tone, but I could tell there was something else in his tone as well. 

I decided to push that gut feeling back, it was probably nothing. I nodded, "yeah, he apologized and he told me a little about his notebook too, I didn't expect him to tell me so much. It was kind of cool though" I admitted. I felt really comfortable around Seungcheol, I gave him a thumbs up, "everything is all good now."

Seungcheol looked surprised at what I had to say, "wait really? Wow, that's not like him to say that much," His voice trailed off as he was deep in thought. He then snapped back, "well maybe he gets a feeling that you're a really trustworthy person," he said and put a big grin on his face. I got a gut feeling that said he was trying to cover up something, but again, I pushed it away.

I smiled back, "so what else did you want to tell me?" I asked I figured he didn't come to my room just to ask me about Woozi. 

His face brightened up, "ah! That's right" he stood up in front of my bed, "I'm going to walk you through what's going to happen tonight." he held out his hand for me to take.

I gave him a questionable look, "what do you mean?" I took his hand anyways and he helped me up out of bed. I ended up needed him to, my legs felt a little weak and almost gave out from under me.

He looked at me with concern all over his face, "do you need to feed? Didn't you read that you should feed at least every other day?" He scolded and I gave him a sheepish grin and he sighed, "we can talk on the way to the feeding chamber." 

He had let go of my hand, just to insist on linking arms with me to 'make sure I was safe going down stairs'. As we walked out of the room I had to come clean, "so I might have skimmed through the book," I confessed, "but in my defense, I tried to pick up everything that seemed important" I admitted. 

He shook his head, "well obviously you missed a couple of things" he teased, "so tonight I need you to stay up here, hidden, until I introduce you. Then you can make your grand entrance" he laughed as we walked down the stairs, "Don't worry I'll be here to you, and the others will be waiting as well."

At the bottom of the stairs, the losing team from last night was working hard at setting up, they didn't even notice us coming down the stairs. I looked at him, confused, "waiting for what exactly?" I asked, almost scared of the answer. 

He chuckled, "the first dance, of course, it's tradition. Usually, clans get a different clan of the opposite to do the first dance, because we usually keep to same- clans. You're the first in a long time that isn't, it's kind of a big deal, so a lot of people plan on coming." My mind was spinning with all the information he was giving me.

I felt a huge pressure on my shoulders, the first female vampire in an all males clan in 'a long time'. Now tons of people are going to be here, just to meet me. "I'll lead you into the first dance, and then you get to dance with all of us, one by one. But after that, you're free to mingle and do as you like." I nodded, the dancing I wasn't worried about, when I was a little girl, I took ballroom dance classes. At the time I hated them, but now, I'm so glad I had them. It's one less stress on my shoulders.

I went into the feeding chamber and it was nothing like my first time, I almost craved it. Just looking at it made my mouth water, I needed it. I let go of Seungcheol's arm and took a blood bag from the same place I took it before. I brought a bag up to my lips and bit into it. 

The last time I had fed, it was almost a feeling of relief and energy, but this time was different. It almost was pleasurable, I was gulping it down, almost in the process. When it was done I stood there for a second, out of breath and confused.

When I left the chamber Seungcheol was waiting for me outside the door. He smiled at me, "feel better?" He teased. My eyes grew in shock, could he hear me? He then laughed at my expression, "the first time is always different. Read the section on blood in that book before you finish getting ready." He quickly said and left me on my own.

My mind couldn't shut up, he totally heard me! So embarrassing! I made sure not to be noticed by anyone on my way to the library. Thank goodness everyone was busy preparing, so it wasn't too hard. I peeked into the library, good no one's in here. I snuck in and took a seat, my book was still where I left it. 

I flipped through the pages to find the part the Seungcheol was talking about. Ah! Here it is!

Blood, the one thing we truly need to survive. An immortal should feed every to every other day, depending on the individual. We can go up to two weeks without, but you become weak, and for the last week you become almost paralyzed. Immortals bodies cooperate best with the same blood-type as they had when they were mortal. Feeding can be a pleasurable experience, especially when it has been put back. Blood can also have the same effects as alcohol when drinking too much. You can't die from drinking too much, but you will be asleep until the blood in your body is rebalanced. Sharing blood with another immortal is a very intimate thing, and should not be done on a whim. Once you have shared blood with another immortal, you are bound for life and connected on a deeper level. You crave them as much as you crave to feed, you feel what they feel (mentally and physically), and in some cases, you even read each other's thoughts. This bond is only broken by death. 

I quickly closed the book, how could I have skipped past that, that was so important! I quickly made my way back into the room and started to do my hair and makeup. I slowly heard voices getting louder, I guess people are already starting to show up now. I quickly slipped on the dress and put black heels on as well. I looked at myself in a long mirror. My appearance surprised me, I've never really been confident, but the dress had hugged my curves just right, so tonight I was.

When I came out of my room, I could hear so many voices chattering below me, there are a lot of people here. I stayed out of sight like Seungcheol had told me to do. I felt as if I couldn't breathe, I was so nervous, what if they don't like me, or I'm a huge disappointment? "Everyone!" I heard a voice yell as the voices grew to silence quickly. I could easily tell it was Seungcheol by the voice, "As the leader of Seventeen, it gives me great pleasure to introduce our new blood, Jae MiYoung!"