Since You Been Gone

Granted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SINCE YOU BEEN GONE (by. Kelly Clarkson)

 

 

Here's the thing we started out friends
It was cool but it was all pretend
You dedicated you took the time
Wasn't long till I called you mine
 

Chaerin drive and drive and drive without knowing where to go, she will turn left or right whenever she wanted to, she went through small road, main road, and high way. She just doesn’t care.

She’s in pain, a real pain.

Chaerin peek on her car clock. 2.20am, she’s been driving for almost four hours and now she’s stranded in a gas station, seems like its been abandoned because its very dark. She rests her head to the steerwheel and let the tears come out.

She’s been holding it for five years.

Now she’s crying like there’s no tomorrow, she’s crying like a child, she’s crying like a girl who find that her heart is broken…

And she’s crying till she falls asleep.

 

Knock knock.

Chaerin forced to wake up, her body hurts from sleeping inside the car.

Knock knock.

She’s squinting her eyes because of the sunrays.

Knock knock.

“The hell…” she murmured. She saw there’s a girl knocking on her tinted window and tried to peek who’s inside the car. She opened the window a little, just enough to show her her eyes.

“Hello? You’re not dead, right??”

Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows, “what??”

The girl chuckles, “my boss said that there’s a car in our parking lot and seems like there’s dead body inside the car.”

“I wish I’m dead by now.” She mumbled.

“Can you move your car, because its actually blocking the way to my store.” She make gesture asking me to leave.

I stretched a bit, “Sure, sorry.” I said. “I thought this gas station is abandoned.”

“No probs!” she grinned. “No, its still working perfectly! Oh if you’re hungry, I’m working on that diner.” She pointed at small diner near a convenience store.

 

Chaerin parked her car and she saw the small bag at the backseat. She scoffed. No, she didn’t bring any clothes, who will got time to squeeze clothes at that little bag? She bought money inside that bag, she knew people could trace her via her cards usage.

She heard her stomach growling and she look at the diner and decided to have her breakfast there.

The girl from before welcomed her in bright smile, her eyes disappear when she’s smiling.

“Hello!”

Chaerin sat in a chair near the corner.

“Hey, would you mind sitting at the bar? Because my boss is going to the market and I’m alone here, I’m watching three dishes in the stove and its easier for me if you sit here.” She pleaded.

Chaerin sighed. “sure.” She said.

“Sooo… what you like to have?”

“What do you have?”

“in the morning we have breads, cereals, porridge…”

“Can I have a bowl of fruits?”

“Our porridge is the best!”

“Bowl of fruits, please.”

That girl pause but then she smiling again, “come to you soon!”

 

Chaerin ate the fruit in silence.

“Hey… are you ok?” she suddenly asked.

“Hmm…?”

Then she chuckles, “Sorry… I’m too nosy.”

“Can I ask you where is it?” Chaerin asked.

“Here?” the girl asked back, “Its Paroho, small village in Hwancheon.”

“Hwancheon??” she remembers her maid brought her meat from Hwancheon. “Do you know where’s the best samgyupsal restaurant here?”

“Whoaa… we’re really is famous for out meat, aren’t we?” the girl laughing proudly. “I know one, but its open at night.”

“Do they also serve makgeolli or soju?”

“They surely have soju and makgeolli.” Then that girl suspiciously looking at Chaerin, “Hey, you seems like rich girl, but you seems troubled.”

Chaerin laughs, “What do you mean?”

“I don’t know but, I should be suspicious about you, but… you know, if you want to rob me, I’m broke, I’ve nothing to lose.”

She laughs again and Chaerin realized it’s the first time she’s laughing since she doesn’t remember when.

“What’s your name?’ she asked the girl.

“Me? I’m Park Bom, call me Bommie.”

“Cute.” She said.

“And you? What’s your name?”

“I’m…” she hesitated, its so easy to look at her name on the internet, and she wants to remind unknown for now, “CL.” She answered shortly.

“Shi El?”

“Yes, CL like Ciel, the sky.”

“Ciel is sky? What language is it?”

“French.” She smiled.

“Anyway, you doesn’t seems like thief, but let me ask you something, is the car out there stolen?”

Chaerin laughing, “Do I look like thief?”

“I told you, you look like a rich girl… but who knows.”

“Hahaha… what if that car is really stolen?” Chaerin asked.

“Well, I just know a place where you can sell stolen things… like black market.”

 

+

 

And all you'd ever hear me say
Is how I pictured me with you
That's all you'd ever hear me say

Chaerin went out from the small house with a thick envelope in her hand and found Bom sitting ta the big garage full of cars waiting for her.

“Bommie, let’s go.” She said.

“So, how much did you sell that?”

“Hmm… enough for me to stay at hotel for several days.”

“Several days??? Then you sell it too cheap, girl!”

“How much is the rate of hotels here?”

“Well, we don’t have hotel, we have motels, and I don’t know maybe around $20/night.”

“What??” Chaerin gasped, “Well, then I can stay there for more than a year.” She chuckles.

“I wonder how much is the rate of hotels you usually stayed at.”

Chaerin’s mind flew to all luxurious hotels she spent with Jiyong in many countries, completed with room services, nice view and VIP treatment. That’s what she will show to her world, how perfect they were together, Jiyong always bring her for a luxurious trips, while deep down inside she knows, Jiyong treated himself, not her. Her chest stings a little.

“Hmm… $2000/night?” Chaerin said.

“No way!!” she popped her eyes.

Chaerin laughs, this girl is so cute and innocent.

“Just kidding, Bom!” she said, in fact she had stay at $10,000/night hotel before. “Hey, Bommie, where’s the samgyupsal place? I’ll buy you.”

 

They were talking and talking and talking like an old friend, they drank the makgeolli and soju non stop, the ate the meat till they couldn’t move.

Chaerin is wasted, she couldn’t even walked.

“Aiiishh this girl said she wants to rent hotel but she’s like this. Aaaaiish!” Bom grumbled while helping her walking. “CL! Wake up!!” she shakes her shoulder.

“Bommieeee~ I don’t have place to staaayy…”

Bom sighed.

“Okay, stay at my place now, but its on the rooftop, third floor and you gotta hike the stairs by yourself, okay???”

Chaerin nodded.

Bom ended up dragging her upstairs because she was almost fainted several times.

 

Chaerin woke up with massive he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter