We Belong Together

Granted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WE BELONG TOGETHER (by. Mariah Carey)

 

 

5 years is indeed a long time to hang on to a wrong person, you deserves to be called a fool for that. But do you know 5 years is short for a fool who keep on trying to convince herself that the person she loves will love her back someday? First year she said maybe he’ll realize that he loves me next months, maybe next year or the next year… or the next… or the next…

and 5 years is short for a person who took a love from a girl for granted. He thought, she’ll never leave him, not today, not next month, not next year… or the next… or the next…

 

I didn't mean it
When I said I didn't love you
I should have held on tight
I never should've let you go

 

He’s driving alone. He use all the time he got to think.

Is it the right thing to do?

Or it isn’t?

One thing Jiyong knew is he wants to see her. He wants to see Chaerin.

Jiyong feel his breath getting heavier, as he already waste all the time he got. The time when she’s still there everyday just for him. The time when she dedicated herself just for him. The time when she’s still love him unselfishly.

“How can I not see it?” he murmured. “how can I never feel the comfort whenever she’s around?” he needs her, need her securities, and all the well being she offered that unconsciously made him dependent.

He’s lifeless without her.

Jiyong arrived at the rooftop house, he absorbs all the scent of the roses, the scent that no longer exist in his house. He quietly sat on the wooden chair, patiently waiting for her to comeback.

 

+

 

I was stupid, I was foolish
I was lying to myself
I couldn't have fathomed that I would ever be without your love
Never imagined I'd be sitting here beside myself

 

Chaerin bitterly laughed.

“What kind of drama are you making here, Kwon Jiyong?”

“Its not drama, Chae, since you’ve been gone I thought I’d be happy, I thought this is what I want, but I find myself… lost.”

Chaerin staring at him, he looks miserable, he didn’t shave, he’s skinnier that the last time he saw her.

“But my decision is final, Jiyong.”

“Just give one more chance, Chae. Just one.”

“Ji…”

“If she said no, then it’s a no!” Bommie step forward.

Jiyong glance at her.

“You!! I don’t know who you are but I hate you! I hate you for hurting Chaerin and I hate you for beating Seungri oppa! What he did wrong to you, huh???”

Jiyong startled, “That florist… I’m sorry, I was—jealous…“

Chaerin look at him, Jiyong doesn’t look back, he was looking down.

“You think because you have everything you can do whatever you want? Do you think people like us, who didn’t come from your level is worth the pain?? Go away and never comeback you douchebag! Chaerin is so much better without you!” Bom continue yelling.

“Bommie, stop, stop, okay.” Seung Hyun drag her.

“Let go, oppa, I don’t wanna leave Chaerin with that jerk.”

“That’s their private problem, Bommie, we shouldn’t mind their business.”

JIyong standing still in front of Chaerin, this is the first time he feel very small because he’s scared, scared of losing her.

“You heard her, Jiyong, I’m so much better without you.”

“Chae… just one chance.”

“No.” she passes him by and going inside.

 

+

 

'Guess I didn't know you
'Guess I didn't know me
But I thought I knew everything
I never felt the feeling that I'm feeling

 

Chaerin woke up the next morning, she went to sleep after left Jiyong, she forget the BBQ party she should have with Bom and Seung Hyun, and they understand.

She woke up and find Bom is already go to work. She stretches a bit before taking shower and get ready to go to the market.

Chaerin couldn’t stop thinking about what happened last night.

Jiyong loves me. She scoffed at the biggest joke she ever heard.

She grab her bag and lock the door, she was surprised to see Jiyong standing in her garden.

“Morning.” He said.

She didn’t answer, yet she said, “Ji, Stop this.”

“I understand.” He replied, “I’d do the same if I were you, ‘cause what I did to you is unacceptable, unforgivable…”

Chaerin sighed.

“Chae, everyone will parting with everything eventually, but if I have to be apart from you... Give me just one chance. One last day to treat you right… to love you right.”

Chaerin look deep into his eyes, looking for mask he used to wear when saying sweet lines to her, but she couldn’t find it.

“Please…” he whispers.

Chaerin break their gaze, she look at the morning sun.

“You have exactly ‘till sunset.”

 

“So where are we going? To the market, right?” he said.

Chaerin nodded.

“Can I keep my bag at your house?” he showed a small handbag.

She nodded again.

“Traditional market or fish market?” he asked.

“Fish market.” She shortly answered.

He turned to the bus stop.

“How did you know that we need to take bus to the fish market?”

He shrugged, “I just know.”

“Oh.”

“I’m watching you, Chae… I came here several times to see you but had no guts to appear in front of you.”

Chaerin didn’t say anything, she knew her decision to allowed him come with her probably wrong.

 

“Nuna!” Hanbin greet her when she arrived at his stall in fish market. Jiyong watched him. He’s amaze of how fast Chaerin make friends here.

“Hanbin-ah, give me some fresh prawn.”

“Come to you right away.” He grinned, and then glance at Jiyong. “Is that your boyfriend?”

“Oh no… he’s not a boyfriend.” She replied.

“Oh.” He nodded, “is he your friend from Seoul?”

She just quickly nodded.

“If he’s your boyfriend, Seungri hyung must be very devastated because he looks so much more handsome than him.” He laughs.

“Hanbin-ah, you can’t say that about your hyung.” Chaerin smiled.

“Anyeong.” Hanbin greets Jiyong, he startled then he just nod, “wanna try our super fresh octopus leg?”

Jiyong look at Chaerin, she didn’t reacted.

“Uh… well…”

“Its free! Come on.” He gave him small plate with the octopus leg sashimi.

Jiyong tries it, its indeed taste nice, even he couldn’t compare it with all expensive food he ate.

“Its… really good, really fresh.” He said.

Hanbin proudly grinned while receiving money from Chaerin.

“See you again, Hanbin.” She said.

“Bye nunaa~”

She bought another ingredients and her shopping bag started to a bit full. Suddenly Jiyong took the bag.

Chaerin gasped.

“Give it back.” She said.

“Its okay, Chae.” He said and ask her to continue walking.

 

They took another bus to go to the traditional market, in there Chaerin roaming around buying some food and spices, she’s talking to the old lady from the street food stall, she greet several stores owner and when she finished, they both walking down the pathways back to the rooftop house.

Jiyong watch her doing her daily activity just like before and he find it more interesting each day. He could live by on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter