EPILOGUE

Granted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

 

YOU'RE STILL THE ONE (by. Shania Twain)

 

 

Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come, my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

 

25 September, 2021

“Ten years anniversary, amazing… I wish I could be just like you.” Kang Daesung, one of Golden Sky’s platinum client and friend of Jiyong and Chaerin raised his glass to them.

Jiyong smiled, “Its not all candies and rainbows, Dae.”

“I know… I know… heard the story back then, but glad that both of you made it.” Daesung said.

“I’m glad too.”

“Remember what I said exactly this day five years a go?”

“Hm?” Jiyong confuse.

“That I said you should consider a baby.”

“Oh yeah, I remember.” He smirked.

“I didn’t know it would be the core of your marriage problem, Ji.” He patted her shoulder.

Yes, all the newspaper and media had been talking about their marriage problem back then, but their publicist solved it—with a little white lies, of course.

 

Newspaper

19 September, 2016

Reconcile after filing a divorce.

Lee Chaerin, CEO of Golden Sky reports to give her marriage another chance after filed a divorce to husband, Kwon Jiyong, around two months a go. Insider said the couple had been struggles over a constant fight about having children. ‘its not like arguments about who wants kids and who doesn’t, because both of them are dying to have one, they’ve been planning it but things are testy between them.’ Lee and Kwon reportedly having huge fight over the issue made Lee left to Hwancheon and live there with her spiritual consultant for months. ‘Yes, Mrs. Lee was filing a divorce but things are going better on first mediation, both just need justification, they are still too in love with each other, and with her filing the divorce actually made them realize they don’t want to split.’ The source said.

 

+

 

They said, ‘I bet they'll never make it.’
But just look at us holding on
We're still together, still going strong

 

The ten years anniversary brunch party is over, the guests are leaving. Jiyong sat on the couch in the living room side by side with Chaerin.

He wraps his arms around her.

“You want some Chinese tea, oppa?” she asked.

“No…”

“Coffee?”

“No…”

“Snacks?”

“Are you trying to get away from me?” he asked.

“Reduce that negativity, Jiyong-ssi.”

“I don’t want anything, I just want you sit here beside me.”

She giggles, “Alright then.”

“Where’s the twins?” he asked.

“Upstairs.”

“Speaking of the devil…” Jiyong suddenly smirked while looking at the stairs, there’s a little girl climb down the stairs carefully while holding a big paper.

“Mommy…” she said.

“Hey, baby…”

“You promised to help me color my drawing this afternoon after I woke up from my nap.” The four years old girl said.

“Mommy didn’t forget about it, honey… let’s do it in the garden.”

She nodded.

“Where’s your brother, Rosé?”

“Suga is still napping, daddy.” She answered while holding her mommy’s hand and dragging her away.

Jiyong smiled. He’s looking at the two angels from a far.

He was more than thrilled when he found out Chaerin is pregnant to a twin, moreover they had been so lucky to get a pair. A boy and A girl.

Suga and Rosé.

Jiyong continued reading the newspaper.

Not long after there’s a little boy walking down the stairs.

“Here comes my knights,” Jiyong said to his son. “looking good, son.”

“I’m already showered while Rosé hasn’t, daddy.”

“Oh I’m so proud of you!”

“Where’s mommy?”

Jiyong pointed at the garden with his chin.

“I wanna go there.” Suga said.

“Heyy… they’re doing a girls talk, you stay here with daddy.” He catches him.

“Nooo… I wanna go there and drawing too.”

Jiyong scoffed, “Well, then go! Leave daddy alone and sad.”

Suga looking at him, “don’t be sad, daddy, you can join us.”

Jiyong smiled, “Suga, would you help daddy?”

 

Suga walked towards his mommy and sister brought a bundle of roses, Yves Piaget roses.

“Mommy…” he said.

Chaerin turned, “oh honey… this is for mommy?”

He nodded, “Flower for mommy… from daddy.”

“Oh, from daddy?” the smile slightly disappear.

“Yes, he said he loves you.”

Chaerin smiling wider, that cheesy guy. She thought.

Jiyong came after Suga, “I hope I was mistaken but why I saw a disappointment when he said the flower is from me?”

“I thought these are from Suga.” She kissed Suga’s cheek.

“So it was true that you were disappointed?”

Chaerin laughs. “No, oppa. well, maybe a bit...”

Jiyong sat beside her, “perks of being the second favorite thing.” He murmured.

“Anyways, who allowed you to take my Piaget roses?” she said.

“Oh sorry, Mrs. Lee, I didn’t take it from this garden.”

“You bought this?"

“Nope, I took it from your other garden, the one in Hwancheon.”

“You went there?” she asked.

Jiyong nodded.

“And didn’t asked me to go with you?”

“It was because I had a company visit somewhere near Paroho.” He explained. “So I went to the rooftop garden and asked Seungri-ssi to give me ten of the best bloomed piaget roses for our ten anniversary, Chae…”

“Aww… thank you, oppa.” She smell the flowers, “thanks for this present, I love it.”

“Well, if only I knew that you already satisfied with only flowers… I will not buy that…” he paused.

“What? Buy what?”

Jiyong clears his throat as Chaerin keep asking while holding the flowers. Jiyong gave her sign to see the flowers she holds.

“What?” she asked again while following his gaze, suddenly she found a ring tied on the ribbon between the flowers. “Oh My God!” she shrieked that makes the twins turned their head.

“Fine cut rose diamond ring, for you, the mother of flowers.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter