One Last Cry

Granted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE LAST CRY (by. Brian McKnight)

 

 

My shattered dreams and broken heart
Are mending on the shelf
I saw you holding hands
Standing close to someone else

 

Jiyong sat on the big sofa in his living room, waiting for his driver to come, he has some big Gala to attend.

He look around, the house feels so empty, so does his heart.

‘You had all the time’

He still heard her saying but what is a regret if it doesn’t come too late?

She was happy and that’s the only thing that matter, she’s better without him. Seeing her laughing with her new friends sting his heart but it also a relieve, she’s in the right place, surround with right people now.

“Sir, the driver’s here.” A maid came.

He get up and leave the house.

 

At the Gala he met several familiar people like Daesung, Youngbae and Dara and also his clients from various companies. He knew people are looking at him with sympathy, they must think ‘poor Jiyong, his wife left him for another guy.’

“So, have you went there?” Youngbae suddenly asked.

“Where?” he asked back while sipping his champagne.

“To the lake, what’s the name again, honey?” he asked Dara.

“Paroho.”

“Oh,” Jiyong said, “yes.”

“And you met her??” he asked again.

He nodded.

“And??”

“Nothing… we talked.”

“You saw the guy?” Youngbae asked again.

“That guy is not her boyfriend.”

“And??”

Jiyong started to feel annoyed, “what?? Dara saw it with her eyes that she’s not running away to the US with her new rich lover, in fact, she was at a small village and have to work to that florist to live! So she didn’t do anything wrong, okay?! Stop being so nosy!” he raised his voice.

His voice had drawn the attention from many people around him. He won’t blame the champagne, it has nothing to do with his temper today, he was tired of playing role as the victim when he’s the one who’s guilty.

“What are you guys looking at? I know all of you are thinking the same, ‘he came to an event alone again, where’s the wife, is she really left him for another guy, whatta cheater.’ NO! she’s not a cheater. I AM!” he said. “I am the one who made her leave, I am the one you should blame.”

He paused when everyone is looking at him with a shocked look.

“I am sorry.” He bowed, “I am truly sorry.”

 

+

 

Now I sit all alone
Wishing all my feelings was gone
I gave my best to you
Nothing for me to do
But I’ve one last cry

 

He gather all the picture of her, any picture he could find in the house, accompanied by a bottle of whiskey, he’s roaming around the house to collect all her picture.

Jiyong sat on Chaerin’s dressing room, looking at her clothes, her shoes, her belongings. He arrange all her picture in front of him while sitting on the carpeted floor, he poured her a drink and placed it in front of a picture.

“Cheers, Chaerin.” He smiled and finished his own.

“I might gone crazy, I might gone mad now… But Chae… when you sign to the letter I gave you earlier, then at that time I’ll be broke as … also at that time, we will be officially parted… I won’t take anything from here, not even my clothes, but can I bring you?” he asked the picture in front of him. “Please…”

He wrap his arm around his knees.

 

+

 

I was here
You were there
Guess we never could agree
While the sun shines on you
I need some love to rain on me

 

Chaerin told Bom everything, she showed her all the paper, Bom was so excited and told her to sign it right away but Seung Hyun stop her.

“Think again.” He said.

“But oppa!” Bom pouted.

“I’m not defending him just because we both man, but from men’s point of view, its so hard to give it all, we live for achievements and we will not give it up unless it’s the only thing we have left to make things right. He gave up everything for you, Chae, and think why were you given up all you assets to him?”

Chaerin looked down, “…because I love him.”

“Exactly, and why he did this? Same answer!”

She bits her lips.

Bom looking at her and then caress her back, “Chaerin, its all on you… and even though I might seems like hating him so much for hurting you, just remember whatever decision you make, I’m on your back.”

 

+

 

“Oppa,” Bom called Seung Hyun when they’re out to buy some snacks and beer. “Why you think Jiyong loves her now?”

Seung Hyun look at the dark sky, “for me, he loves her for a long time, its just he’s greed and obsession took over everything.”

“If, I said, if Chaerin decided to cancel the divorce process… I think at least she should do a revenge first, don’t you think so? Just to give that Jiyong a little lesson.”

Seung Hyun laughs,”Bommie… don’t you think she’s already done it?”

“Really? What kind of revenge? When??”

“She’s being happy and living herself to the fullest, and that’s the biggest revenge. What you think makes him realize his lost all of this time?” Seung Hyun asked.

Bommie shook her head.

“Its seeing her smiling, laughing and having you, as her real friend.” He put his arm around her shoulder.

Bommie blushed. “That made him realize that he already lost her?”

“Yes, because he realize he never gave Chaerin that smile, and he know Chaerin will not trade that smile to any gold in this world, and all he got is only gold.”

Bommie sighed, “You’re right, oppa, happiness the best revenge, even Chaerin didn’t realize it, but she already done her revenge. She’s happy.”

 

+

 

While Bom and Seung Hyun went to the convenience store, Chaerin got a message from her lawyer saying that the first mediation would be in three days. She exhales, it’s not easy and everyone knows.

Suddenly her phone rang

Jiyong?

“Hello?”

“… I’m so stupid, Chae, I’m an idiot… I threw a diamond while paying attention to the rocks. I was too greedy collecting all the stars in the sky and I end up losing the sun… and now… now…” he said.

“Oppa, you’re drunk?”

“I miss you so much… I don’t know what to do…”

“Oppa?”

“Chaerin?”

“Yes?”

“Is that you?” he asked.

“You called me, of course this is me.”

“Keep talking, Chae… I’m dying to hear your voice…”

“Are you drunk?”

“I am not…”

Chaerin paused, he’s obviously drunk.

“Chae… talk… talk…”

“Oppa, I’ll hung up. You’re drunk.”

She ended the phonecall. But her heart is now pounding very hard.

 

+

 

One last cry
Before I leave it all behind
I gotta put you out of my mind this time
Stop living a lie
I guess I'm down to my last cry

 

Bom and Seung Hyun entered the house and found Chaerin is with her small travel bag.

“Chae, where are you going?” Bom asked.

She lift her head, “my lawyer just calle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter