Nothing Compares 2 U

Granted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTHING COMPARES 2 U (by. Sinead O'Connor)

 

 

It's been seven hours and fifteen days
Since you took your love away
I go out every night and sleep all day
Since u took your love away

 

Weeks after the news he received, the news says Chaerin wants a divorce, Jiyong didn’t do anything about it, he didn’t say yes neither he said no. everytime the lawyer asked on behalf of Chaerin he will stay silent.

The society started talking about it anyway, Chaerin been missing for almost three months now.

Jiyong is left for another man, they said.

Poor Jiyong, he’s been such a perfect husband and Chaerin left him.

He’s too busy and Chaerin feels lonely.

Jiyong can’t have kids, that’s why she left him.

No, Jiyong begged for kids and Chaerin don’t want it.

Chaerin afraid pregnancies will ruin her body.

Chaerin moved abroad and live with her boyfriend.

Jiyong is depressed and drink all night, they said

They said

They said…

All the rumors are junk, but the last rumor was right. Jiyong bring girls party in his house, there’s no more ‘don’t bring girl at home’ rules anymore.

 

+

 

Chaerin hung up the phone. Another call from her lawyer.

Bom look at her while getting ready for work.

“Jiyong hasn’t sign the paper yet.” Chaerin shrugged.

She told Bom, she told her everything. Bom was a bit angry when she knew Jiyong stays there for a night but at the end Chaerin was right, however Jiyong is legally married to her and meeting his wife is not a crime.

“Chae, is this what you really want?” she asked.

Chaerin paused but then she nodded.

“I don’t want anything else more than this.”

Bom saw doubt in her eyes.

“Bom, after he sign all the paper, I might have to look for job, I mean, my savings is still enough but I need activities.”

“Sell those flowers, Chae, or work for Seungri.”

She look at her garden, even the building owner very happy that she made garden there, the smell is nice and it looked pretty for people to see it.

 

+

 

Since u been gone I can do whatever I want
I can see whomever I choose
I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant
But nothing
I said nothing can take away these blues

 

Jiyong slips his arm on a girl’s waist, he’s on stage where he doesn’t care about how people see him anymore. Everyone knows Chaerin left him, and all rumors are on his side.

“Man, you look… wasted.” Youngbae, one of his good friend meet him at Golden Dragon, a luxury hotel with fancy Michelin restaurant at the top, owned by Jiyong himself. He made several sister company bellow Golden Sky and Golden Dragon is one of them.

Jiyong grinned while the girl lean on him.

A girl came after Youngbae.

“Hey Dara.” Jiyong greet her, she’s Youngbae’s girlfriend and one of Chaerin close friend also, both of them are some rich kids who doesn’t really need to work.

“I heard the news, oppa, is that true?” she asked.

“Which one?”

“All of them.”

Jiyong pretended to think, “yeah she left me for a better life she said.”

“That guy is better life?? Who is he? Some American billionaire or what?”

Jiyong scoffed.

Billionaire? Chaerin is broke right now, she probably need to work her off to buy meal. Jiyong scoffed. But she looks happier than ever.

“I don’t know.” Jiyong shrugged.

“I heard you haven’t sign the paper, are you not gonna divorce her?” Youngbae asked.

“I’ll do it if that’s what she really want.” He mumbles.

“Oh… poor Jiyong oppa.” Dara pouted.

“Don’t poor me!” he suddenly shout at Dara, he was drunk and deep inside he knew he was the bad guy, and seeing people keep saying the other way around made him guiltier.

Dara startled.

“Ya! Don’t yell at her.” Youngbae defended her.

“Sorry, sorry…” he sighed. “Sorry, Dara.”

Youngbae patted Dara’s back.

“It’s okay, oppa, I understand.”

“Let’s go, you have to rest for your trip tomorrow.” Youngbae said to Dara.

 

+

 

Chaerin started helping Seungri at his flower shop since last week, he couldn’t be happier to accept her.

“Morning.” Chaerin get into the shop.

“Morning, Chae.” Seungri is arranging a beautiful bouquet.

“Wow, super pretty! Is this the order for wedding photoshot today?” she asked while putting down a plastic bag.

“Yes!” he smiles, “What’s that Chae?” he pointing out the plastic bag.

“Oh this just some kimbap, Seung Hyun oppa and Bommie is going out for picnic today and they made kimbap… they made a lot so I can bring it here and give it to you.”

“They’re going picnic? Are they officially in relationship or what?”

Chaerin shrugged her shoulder. “I don’t know, but I can see its going there.”

Ting

The door open and the flower supplier uncle came in.

“Your order, Seungri-ssi.” He brought several big baskets of white roses.

“Thank you, mr. Han.”

“Whoaaaa~” Chaerin squealing to see bunch of fluffy pure white roses. “What is this for?”

“There’s a sudden order for another photoshot of MV shooting in Paroho lake.” Seungri explain.

“Paroho lake? Bommie’s going there today.”

“Then should we go there too, while delivering these flowers, maybe we can join their picnic.”

“What about the shop?”

“Just close it for a while, Chae, since you’re here I don’t know why the shop is getting better. Order keeps coming.”

Chaerin blushed, “no, its because your shop is reliable, oppa.”

 

Seungri parked his van on the lake’s parking lot and Chaerin immediately jump out to take one basket of the flowers.

“Let me take the big one Chae.”

“Its okay, oppa.” She walked while hugging the basket. “Anyway, I texted Bommie and she said she’s gonna wait for us in the lake park near the small bridge.”

“Alright, we’ll finish this first then we go there, okay?”

“Okay!” she grinned.

Chaerin put down the basket while Seungri talking to a guy and the lake seems busy since they said there would be a beauty product photoshot here.

“Chaerin? Is that really you Chaerin??” a voice called her and she’s so afraid to turn around because she’s familiar with that voice.

Its Dara.

 

+

 

It's been so lonely without u here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling
Tell me baby where did I go wrong

 

She closes her eyes. No, please don’t let her see me. Chaerin pleaded for something useless.

“Chaerin, its really you!!” Dara hug her. But then scan her head to toe.

“Hi, Dara.” She murmured while look around, yeah this photoshot must be by the beauty product of Dara’s parents company.

“Chae…” Chaerin knows she loses her words seeing her like this. In a cheap t-shirt, shorts and hooded jacket.

“You surprise? This is me, Dara.” She finally smiles.

 

Dara still couldn’t believe that it’s the same Chaerin that she knew, the Chaerin she knew always wearing something expensive even when she’s asleep at night, her yearly spent can buy Paroho lake.

“B-but Chae, rumor has it that…”

Chaerin keep still, waiting for her to continue.

“Rumor has it that…”

“What Dara? Tell me.” She smiled.

“That… you are running away with you billionaire boyfriend.”

“Really?” she laughs.

Dara glance at Seungri, “is that your boyfriend?”

Chaerin look at Seungri, “No, no… he’s—“

“Chaerinnie, are you out of your mind?? Leaving Jiyong and your life to be here with him? What has he done to you?? You’re divorcing Jiyong to… that??”

“No, Dara, its not like that…” she sighed, no one really know the story, “Me and Jiyong just couldn’t work it out anymore…”

“But not for him.” She raised her voice.

“Oh my Gosh, Dara, he’s my boss. I’m working at his flower shop.” Chaerin said.

Dara paused. “You’re… working?”

“Just like you know, you’re working, right?”

“Me? No, I’m just visiting the shoot because I also never been to this lake, I heard its beautiful.”

“Oh…” Chaerin nodded, “Uh, so… how’s Youngbae?”

“He’s great, his father asked him to start working for Sun co. but I think he’s still don’t want to work just yet, maybe later after we got married.”

“So, you’re planning a wedding now?”

“No… later, three or four years later.” Dara shrugged.

“And is Jiyong okay?”

“I met him last night, different girl every night, drinking, house parties… he seems very broken-hearted.”

Chaerin frowned, he’s not broken hearted, it’s the life he wants and now he get it. She thought.

 

+

 

Late at night after finishing her shift Chaerin lock the shop door, Seungri left earlier to meet another supplier. She walked down the pathways towards her flat and passing by row of small bars and restaurant. She entered one of them.

She ordered meat and soju.

“CL-ssi.” The lady owner called her, “Are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter