Fated- Chapter 2

Killer Soul-mates

29 Nov. 2011

 

“Just do it," a deep, baritone voice escaped his lips as Victoria flinched in shock. She placed her hand over her heart as her breathing heavily increased, clouds of white smoke appearing before her consistently. Fear ran through her veins, limbs frozen as she watched him through wide eyes. He struggled within the bonds of the armcuffs

 

“Well, are you going to kill me or not?” the vampire asked impatiently.  Victoria sighed as she slowly stepped backwards shaking her head in detest. 

 

“Oh I see. It’s going to be torture this time, isn’t it?” he questioned once again as his previous remained unanswered.

 

“What made you think I wanted to torture you?” Victoria replied.

 

She slid a flashlight out from her back pocket, flicking the switch to direct it into his eyes. He clenched his stinging eyes shut, twisting his face away from her. She knew as a hunter that they could not ithstand bright light from any source. She knelt down beside him, scanning her eyes lesiurely over the features of his face. He was visibly handsome - from the radiant, glistening eyes down to his thick-lined strong jaw and pursed lips – and he was able to capture the hearts of many women. It was shame that he was a vampire for she to would have been drawn towards him also with tender curiosity and admiration.

 

“I’m no good if I’m in handcuffs and I’m still alive,” He replied, glancing at her from the corner of his eye, avoiding the strong light. “Unless, you want some information."

 

“I don't assume I would be able to get any information from you,” Victoria said snidely as she pulled her bag towards her, placing the flashlight within the folds of fabric. A smirk played at his lips as their eyes met once more.

 

“No. You wouldn’t," he spoke, flashing her a smile as he suppressed a guffaw within him. His arrogrance and the superiority in his tone was overwhelming and Victoria was unsure if she would be able to withstand his company any longer. She assumed he was higher up in the heirarchy of vampires in terms of wealth than she had initially thought. Killing him was essential to boost her name and standing within the group of hunters.

 

“I didn’t think so. I wasn’t even the one who was going to be doing this anyway,” Victoria said as she lifted herself up, grabbing her bag. She twisted herself away from him, shifting her weight forward to escape the suffocating warmth surrounding her. As the sun dawned upon them in morning, the others would have dealt with him and another parasite would be missing from roaming the earth. And she didn't care how it could have affected her if she hadn't done so. 

 

“I guess that’s how it must be done when our worlds collide. It’s either kill a human or be killed by them. Basic laws of nature,” he replied, staring into the distance in the opposite direction.Victoria couldn’t believe what she was hearing. He didn't treat her as if she was human. He was spoke to her from warrior to warrior. Like he didn’t care what she was. And she had a new found repect for the vampire. He’s someone I could talk to, she thought, coming to a realisation that she was isolated in the world with no one useful to talk to. She stopped in her tracks, turning around as she returned by his side.

 

“Well since you will be dead, is there anyone you want notified? I can spread the news around."

 

“Well there is one person. My uncle Lee Minho. I don’t know where he is though. That is something for you to find out,” He answered clearly without a hint of hesitation evident in his tone. Victoria gasped in shock She couldn’t believe he would actually tell her. It was crazy. This was a game with each side trying to find out more information than the other. Knowing anything about the opponent was power. And you would know who to kill. It was if he wanted her to know his identity

 

The Lees are the elites of their world. They’re powerful. They’re rich. They rule over the rest. To a vampire, being a Lee would be considered an honour. To the hunters, messing with them came with the price of death. Victoria was becoming dangerously capable of drawing the Lees to her if she killed him. But it was a vital opportunity to increase her reputation.

 

“Oh, I forgot to say I’m Nichkhun,” her jaw dropped, no longer able to control the emotions within her. It was as if god had blessed her in their mission. She knew him by his reputation with the hunters. He lured females with his sweet talks and irresistible looks. He was known to be deadly, killing human to human, trying to wipe out the whole race except from a small majority that could satisfy his taste buds.

 

“I suggest you kill me now since that is what I will do to you when I get out of thing,” he spoke in a gentle whisper, eyes warm and comforting, drawing her closer to him.

 

“I’m not scared of you,” Victoria replied, firmly standing her ground. What does he think he's trying to do?

 

“If you were smart, you would be,” he rolled his eyes, unable to understand the determination within her. This is going to be one long process, Victoria thought as she turned to the opposite direction, unconciously biting down on her lip, drawing a drop of blood which cascaded and pooled on the vile concrete. She pondered over her plan of action in her mind, face blank as she the dagger in her gloved hands, the cool metal slowly piercing through the thin fabric. She crept towards him as the vampire glared at her in surprise. I guess she’s going to kill me, he thought as she inched closer, holding it out towards him.

 

“I’m letting you go,” Victoria finally replied, the dagger tearing through the cord which connected the wooden handcuffs. Freeing the deady parasite. He rubbed his red wrists soothingly, a smirk curling at his lips as she casually paced herself away from him

 

“That was a huge mistake you just made,” Nichkhun chuckled, leaping up in one swift motion. His fingers ran through the tousled tufts of his dark hair as he physically and mentally prepared himself to attack her. A squeak was audible as he slid his finger over his teeth, brushing over the fang which was clearly visible in the midst of the darkness of the room. Venom seeped from his eyes, urging forward, unable to wait paitiently for the frenzied feast.

 

“Not really,” her hands reached behind her back, the tips of her slender fingers running along the smoothness of the oak wood of her stake. It had been forgotten during the haze of finding him, held safely for extra protection. She pulled it out and held it forward, able to plunge into him if he dared to run towards her.

 

“Don’t think I’m going to be easy on you just because I used to be human."

 

“Oh don’t I’ll be fine. Take your best shot,” Victoria replied as he lunged forward, staring at her deviously. She held the stake in between them, hoping it would weaken what powers he had. The wood flashed into his eyes as he briefly paused in hesitation. He swiftly moved towards her opposite side, trying to grab the upper hand just as she lifted her hand. Her fingers struck an inner muscle of his arm, triggering a nerve as it numbed in pain.

 

His left foot tripped over the other as he grew dangerously capable of falling to the ground. “You’re good,” his voice was soft and gentle. Her slim, hour-glass silhouette was barely visible under the dim light of the room, bent forward as she held her knees, panting dramatically as though she could no longer breathe. One mistake could bring her to death. And the arduous task of avenging her parents death still lay in her hands.

 

“So are you,” she replied just as he prepared himself to lunge forward once more, determination and murder a clear motive in his mind.

 

“You’re going to die!” anger and infuriation seeped from his eyes as the words escaped his lips, roaring. Victoria’s heart pumped in panic, frozen in position in the form of a statue, fright evident in her dark orbs. This is it, I’m really going to die, she thought as he inched closer, mocking her as she forced her eyes shut, unable to witness her own death.

 

Just as he was about to attack her, her leg automatically lifted in self defense. His hand linked with hers as he grew capable of loosing his balance about to fall to the ground. Nichkhun stabalized his body, pushing himself up with the assistance of his left foot. The sweet scent of her perfume wafted through his nostrils as they pressed against each other, her breath lukewarm on his cool neck. A tingiling sensation ran through her body as their hands touched. Her legs wobbled uncontrollably, unable to hold herself up any longer. His thick arms wrapped around her waist as she felt herself drop to the ground.

 

Nichkhun glanced down, the only thing visible in his line of sight the mask that concealed her face. His breathing becoming grew heavier, body trembling in fear. Victoria felt his arms tighten almost suffocating her. There was a strong sensation between them as they clung to each other. Victoria felt the need to comfort him. The change in his emotions proved his feelings of vulnerability and fright. Suddenly realising that she was experiencing the same emotions panic ran through her veins.

 

“It’s alright,” he spoke reassuringly, his hand brushing over her arm. She'd never felt so much comfort in anyone's company - not even a hunter- that the emotion seemed foreign and peculiar. Victoria felt a source of reassurance radiating for him, clinging closer. Her head slowly feel until it rested on his shoulder. Nichkhun's hand inched towards her, cupping her face. She was intoxicated by his beautifully cold eyes which stared deep into her soul, leaving her impervious to the surrounding world. His fingers s down to her neck, running through the smooth fabric of her scarf as he unravelled it from her neck.

 

“You never told me your name,” Nichkhun added as he gazed at her with such concentration that she'd never seen in a parasite before. His words had broken her from her trance. Realisation dawned upon her, immediately snatching it from his hands in anger that he could have had such an effect. His reputation with females was truly believable in her eyes.

 

“I … I,” she hesitated, spotting flashlights in a close proximity to the pair of them, the hushed sound of voices audible in the distance. Nichkhun leapt from his position, unconciously concealing her behind his large stature but unsure of why he was doing so. Victoria scrambled to her feet, standing by his side as she to awaited the oncoming presence as though they had immediately become allies in the space of 2 minutes. 

 

“What are you doing? How did it get unfree?” the blinding light of a torch directed towards them, Hara's face wrinkled in disgust and infuriation as she noticed the dazed hunter and vampire before her, questioning what may have happened during the period she had left the Magnet alone.