Complete change of events

Killer Soul-mates

 

“Welcome to our world,” a faint voice spoke from the backdrop of their dismal scenery, breaking through the eerie silence that surrounded them.

 

Wooyoung lifted his head, raising his eyebrow as a form of questioning as he scanned his eyes over the surrounding faces of his cousins and their accomplices. He shot an annoyed, disgusted glare towards Taecyeon, parting his lips briefly as he questioned how to respond. “Taec, you didn’t have to make it so dramatic,” he announced as he crouched to the ground. His arm extended, holding out his hand in assistance to Tiffany who sat upon the cool gravel beneath their feet. She was hesitant to trust the welcoming, warm image which he portrayed, avoiding the warmth of his eyes. A flash of lightning flickered across the dark, overcast sky as they awaited the crack of thunder and the downpour of rain. Taecyeon turned to his side, directing a questioning glare towards Wooyoung as Yoona inched closer to him in fear.

 

“That wasn’t me. I thought it was you,” he announced.

 

The pair of them twisted their bodies towards Nichkhun as a sudden blankness came over his face, shrugging his shoulders in response. Nichkhun heaved a deep sigh as the coolness of his breath appeared before him in a cloud of pure white. He was scared, frightened, with a brief idea of who was before them sitting at the back of his mind. If it was who he had expected, they were in trouble and their accomplices would be given no mercy. His warning to the others was frozen within his breath, unable to be spoken as felt the oncoming presence approaching, mere inches away.

 

 “Welcome. It’s nice to see you all. My my, it’s been a hundred years since I saw you last,” the mysterious voice spoke once more.

 

The group scanned their eyes, squinting them in search of the silhouettes within the darkness. Nothing was visible within their line of sight. No vampire. No human. Nothing. It was as if someone was playing a cruel joke upon them, sending shivers along their spines. Or there was no one there at all. A strong gust of wind washed over them from the south, shoving them from it's path as it left them behind. Yuri's feet crunched on the leaves below, slowly inching backwards as Minho tightly clutched her hand in fear which was evident upon his face.

 

“Someone must have known about our arrival. We’re going to be in a lot of trouble,” Yuri mumbled soundlessly through the small parting between her lips. The distant sound of footsteps grew louder with each step, while the presence slowly approached, leaving them in a state of utmost fear. Victoria suppressed the nausea within her stomach, clearing as she wiped the fright from her mind knowing it was not acceptable for her image. She was a hunter and she had experienced these situations before. Fear didn't exist within her vocabulary.

 

“Look who we have here. Your uncle is going to be happy when he hears of your return. That is until he knows of the vermin you brought with you,” the man announced his arrival snidely as he escaped from the darkness.

 

A guffaw escaped his lips, somewhat mocking them as a crowd followed in his steps, intimidating and fearful. Kim Soohyun, their uncle’s right hand man stood before them. He ran his fingers through his brown locks which had fallen into his eyes, sweeping them back from his forehead. He did everything wanted by the head of the Lee, just as evil as their uncle himself. Despite the youth and beauty of his features, he was one of the oldest that existed within their world, one of the most feared.

 

“Soohyun, glad to see you. I hope you’ve been well,” Nichkhun replied. He strode forward until there was little distance between them, extending his hand in a humble gesture. Nichkhun understood how the elders wanted to be treated. With respect. There were harsh penalties in store for those who defied these simple rules and treatments.

 

“So you brought them for the feast? I must say the banquet is already going to be quite large but I think we can fit more humans on the menu,” a smile curled his lips as he them eagerly, imagining the sweet taste of their blood. His eyes scanned over the unfamiliar faces, choosing from the four of them which he would devour first if he was given the option. They had made a well thought in the humans they had acquired in their travels. He somewhat questioned why they hadn't taken the opportunity yet. Their eyes widened in fear, slowly moving behind the vampires as they became invisible from his line of sight, not wanting to be seen or placed within the situation in Soohyun's mind..

 

“No no, these ones aren’t for the banquet,” Taecyeon replied as he stepped forward until he was by Nichkhun's side. His protective instincts overcome him, knowing that Yoona was to be protected at all costs. Even if it had brought Soohyun displeasure, he was not going to let him touch his soul-mate. She was his and only his.

 

“Then what are they for? They aren’t those stupid soul-mates you’ve been after, are they? Didn’t I tell you there are no such things,” Soohyun asked curiously, circling them as the humans remained frozen within his path. To him, the soul mate concept was completely absurd. There was no chance anything like that would really exist in either world. Vampires and human were never meant to mix in that way and they never shall until the day he died.

 

'What are we going to do?' Taecyeon busily typed into the phone, pressing his fingers incessantly on the keys as he avoided Soohyun's eyes. He pressed send with an internal hoping that Wooyoung wouldn't bring himself any unwanted attention in his reply.

 

'I think Khun has a plan.' Wooyoung observed the confusion upon Nichkhun's face, quickly sending a response in Taecyeon's direction as he kept his direct vision upon Tiffany.

 

“There’s no need to hurt anyone. I brought my uncle something he may want,” Nichkhun announced. He lifted his hand and brushed the damp strands of hair from his eyes, waiting hesitantly for Soohyun's reply. Nichkhun was hesitant that it was enough of a distraction, briefly running through the plan in his mind as Soohyun paced himself around him, eyebrow raised in curiosity.

 

“And what is that?” Soohyun asked, a hint of wonder and interest hidden within his voice. If it was something their uncle would like, Soohyun would also like it just as much. And surely Nichkhun wouldn't have bothered to return if it was not important, as far as he was aware. 

 

“The Magnet,” the words escaped Nichkhun's lips before he had the opportunity to rethink the revelation.

 

Yuri clasped her hand over , eyes widening in shock as his baritone voice entered her ears. A cacophony of whispers was audible beneath the thundering above their heads, the lightning tearing through the crowds sharply. If Nichkhun had found the magnet then the rest were free escape from Soohyun's intimidating presence, able to seek refuge among those with similar motives for them. As for Victoria, Yuri didn't understand what her purpose was for entering the dark world with them, perhaps seeking a vampire mate though that seemed impossible from what Yuri had seen from her. Yuri wasn't critical of the other girl and was overcome with a peculiar sense of fascination towards the girl who had managed to find herself acquainted to the notorious Lee Nichkhun who had a deep hatred for the humans.

 

“What the hell is a Magnet?” Tiffany leaned backwards, addressing Yoona and Victoria as she whispered almost soundlessly. Yoona lifted her shoulders, shrugging her shoulders in response as she was unable to understand the situation, the conversation passing her in a rushed haze. She didn’t think it was the kind of Magnet used in Physics or put on fridges. But whatever it was was important. Victoria however was frozen in position, unable to respond to the question. She didn't know what Nichkhun had in store and was hoping that what she may have been thinking had not entered his mind. He wouldn’t do this. He’s just bluffing, she thought to herself.

 

“Khun, you don’t seriously have the Magnet do you?” Wooyoung asked him curiously, pacing himself forward until he could ensure that Soohyun was unable to overhead their conversation. He twisted his head, directing his eyes upon Soohyun as he turned to the men surrounding him, busily conversing in somewhat excitement. Nichkhun was intelligent, finding loopholes in situations such as these and Wooyoung knew that he could trust him. But he couldn't have been sure that Nichkhun had remained the same in the time that they'd been apart.

 

“Look, just trust me okay. I know what I’m doing. When they leave you have to run. You have to go to the rebels or they’ll kill your humans,” Nichkhun spoke quickly in response, aware of Soohyun's returning attention upon them as he turned himself towards the astounded group. 

 

“Okay Nichkhun, where is it?” Soohyun asked impatiently. His finger drummed upon his arm, slowly tracing the other along the smooth glass of his watch as the seconds solemnly ticked by, leaving them never to return.

 

“R-ri-right he-here,” he hesitated to answer, the strained sound audible beneath his voice.

 

Nichkhun strode towards the humans without delay, passing the confusion of the others by as he paused in front of her. There was an evident distress within her eyes, causing him to experience a strange nausea that circulated his stomach. Don’t do this to me. I trusted you, her thoughts were clear in his mind, shrieking and calling out to him in the hope that he would refrain himself from continuing his plan. He forced himself past all of these feeling, a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips as he wrapped his slender fingers around her wrist and dragged her forward.

 

Victoria glared at him furiously. She seriously wanted to kill him, fuming with an anger that radiated from her. I knew it. I knew he wouldn’t hep me. But I was stupid and came along. Uh, I should have known this was going to happen, she screamed in her mind, hoping that he was able to hear her as she came face to face with the infamous Kim Soohyun. There had been many events in which his name had been mentioned in the past. She merely assumed that he was a follower to the Lee family, in no way significant to her. Yet the way Nichkhun had treated him, the fearfulness and respect which he had portrayed was enough to show that he had some authority within the dark world of the parasites.

 

“Who would have ever thought that such a small, weak creature could kill so many of us?” Soohyun paused as he scanned his eyes leisurely over her face, “I think your uncle is going to be very pleased. We shall you back to the mansion. Grab her and make sure she doesn’t get away,” Soohyun announced and with a click of his fingers she was encased within their inner circle, unable to escape.

 

Two grabbed Victoria’s arms, digging the sharpness of their nails into her fragile skin. She struggled within their grasp as they forced her away from the alley, tears pricking at the corner of her eyes. She knew there was no chance of survival. Victoria would die an unlawful death, just as her parents had- at the hands of a vampire. She looked back at the other humans hopelessly, knowing that nor would they or their vampire mates be able to save her as Nichkhun and Soohyun followed close by, shielding themselves from the consistent downpour of rain.

 

The rest of them watched aimlessly as Nichkhun and Victoria disappeared into the darkness. Their surroundings dropped into an eerie state of silence remaining quiet until they were no longer visible within their line of sight. Wooyoung twisted himself towards the others, crouching to the ground as he rummaged through his backpack, busily shoving various objects out of his path. He leapt up from the cool gravel, the object within his hands as he directed his eyes towards the group in front of him who were in a state of confusion due to his actions.

 

“We’ve got to move before they come back,” he spoke almost immediately, pacing himself forward as he placed a compass into Taecyeon and Yuri's palms. His free hand rested upon Tiffany's shoulder, gesturing for her to move along so they could escape to refuge that was awaiting them far from their current position. When the vampires returned, there was no chance that they could find a route to leave.

 

“What about Victoria? What’s going to happen to her? Is she just going to die? Are you just going to let that happen?” Tiffany spat angrily, venom seeping from her eyes as she wriggled away from Wooyoung's grasp. There was an evident infuriation within her. If they let that happen to Victoria, it could be likely that that would be the case for them too. They shouldn’t have just let her go without a fight. Victoria was human and for all she knew, Victoria didn’t deserve to die like that.

 

“What is a Magnet anyway? Where are they taking her?” Minho asked Yuri curiously. A sudden blankness came over her face, unable to answer his question. Though she had access to the answer he required, she couldn't anticipate that it would be believed. He may have stayed by her side despite her status but at some point he was going to realise that he didn't want a life of adrenaline and would will to return home, where he belonged.

 

“Victoria was a vampire hunter. She knew the risks of her job and now she’s facing the consequences for killing so many of us,” there was a harshness within Taecyeon's reply that had brought fright upon Yoona. She shrunk behind Tiffany for protection, avoiding his fierce glare. After what she'd witnessed, she was not only frightened for her life but for the others also. Who knew if she would be safe under his supervision? For all Yoona knew, no one had that answer. Spending further time with a vampire was a risk.

 

“Yeah. Victoria was Nichkhun’s problem and you’re ours. You’re our soul-mates and we don’t want to let you die,” Yuri replied, brushing her fingers through the tousled strands of her hair. Her hand inched closer to Minho's, meeting the lukewarm heat of his palm as their hands met. She tugged him closer to her as their hands connected, building up the drive within her as they ran off at great speed into the distance. A gust of wind washed over the others in their sudden absence, unable to realise that they had disappeared, sensing a return from Soohyun was to come briefly.

 

“I should have known she was a hunter. They’re always really hot and y,” Wooyoung heaved a deep sigh. He glanced back from the corner of his eye into the direction Victoria had been dragged in, disappointed by the lost opportunity.

 

Tiffany raised her curled fist and threw it towards his arm in anger and jealousy. Clenching her teeth shut, she parted her lips, "Weren’t we supposed to be going?” Wooyoung turned towards her in surprise, slowly pacing himself towards her as he leaned forward and lifted her into his arms. A smile curled at his lips as he dashed forward in Yuri's direction while Tiffany shook vigorously within his grasp.

 

Before Taecyeon knew it, both cousins had disappeared into the distance, no longer visible around him. He was grateful for the sudden silence around him, scanning his eyes over the bare surroundings and never ending darkness. It was only then that he realised he had lost sight of Yoona, worry running through his veins as a distant sob entered his ears. He spotted her in a close proximity away, unresponsive as he called out to her. Pacing himself forward, he knelt down on the ground beside her, patting his palm on her shaking back gently.

 

“I’m sorry for scaring you like that. This whole place is scary actually. I remember the first time I walked through this place. I was scared out of my mind,” a chuckle escaped his lips, thinking back to the years earlier that had passed him almost too fast. “I’ll never let anyone take you away like that. I think you’re my soul mate and I don’t want to let you go,” he added as she glanced upwards, tears dangerously capable of falling from her rims. He slowly leaned closer until they were mere inches apart, brushing the warm liquid with the tip of his index finger before he collapsed backwards into a pool of rain water. 

 

Yoona couldn't help but laugh at the clumsy quality about him as she held out her hand in his assistance, “We better catch up with the others,”

 

 

Hi everyone. Nice to see you once again.

I hope you like what I’ve put together even though it isn’t great, I still tried my best to make it as dramatic as I could.

I also threw in a bit of Taecyoon at the end since I know some of you wanted more moments between them.

Thanks for reading and please comment,

 love from coolgirlaamy xxx