Destined - Chapter 4

Killer Soul-mates

 

“Believe me now?” he asked as a smirk played his full, gorgeous lips.

 

“Who? What? How? Why?” she spat without thinking, basking in his amazing powers.

 

“I forgot to mention. I’m Key,” he added as he held out his hand. She stared at him, mouth wide open, still finding it hard to process all the information her head, lost for words. Okay, he could shape-shift but he was also a vampire? It was the utmost strangest thing she had ever heard in her life yet she still wanted to stay by his side. Something about him was drawing her in and she needed to know more.

 

 She tried to think up some questions for him in her mind but as soon as she opened again, no words would escape. Sooyoung, get out of it. Uh, why can’t I say anything? He’s gorgeous, that’s why! God, why am I so stupid? She thought as she hit herself on the head, realising that she looked like a complete freak in his beautiful eyes.

 

“Erm, why did you wear that disguise?” she asked curiously, resting her chin in her hands as she stared at him, having not got enough of how gorgeous he actually was. His blonde locks sat in curls on his head, drawing attention to his unusual dark, grey orbs. Loose strands framed his face, bringing out his natural beauty, his strong chiselled features and his plump, pinkish lips. He looked like a perfect model so why would he have wanted to hide all that? It would have made him more popular at school.

 

“There are people after me. I used the disguise so they wouldn’t be able to find me and I could find you in peace and keep you safe,” Key replied, keeping his head down and voice low as he spoke. His eyes shifted to the clock on the wall, meeting hers as they turned back.

 

“Wait, you came to find me. Why did you need to find me? Why are there people after you?” she raised her voice, jumping up from her chair in confusion. He had been after her all along? He was trying to bring her trouble?

 

“Sooyoung, sit down. Let me explain, please,” he begged her, grabbing her arm and trying to pull her back down as they were at the centre of attention of everyone around them.

 

“Were you the reason why I was attacked? Why are you even here in the first place?” she threw her accusations at him, trying to get it all out before slowly sitting down.

 

Key sighed in relief as she sank back into the arm chair, turning his head to the window, watching in amazement as the snow cascaded down, reverentially peaceful as the snow drops glistened like diamonds in the sunlight. He’d never witnessed such a beautiful sight in his life. How he yearned to be like a human and play in the snow just like he’d read and watched on TV. How he wished he could throw snowballs and ice skate hand in hand with a beautiful girl.

 

“Those people are after me because I ran away from my world. I escaped looking for you. I have no idea why you were attacked but it was probably because you were stupid and went out late at night. You should be thankful that I was there before they could do anything bad to you. Even though we don’t know each other well, I still care about you Sooyoung,” he replied as he gradually turned to face her.

 

Sooyoung dropped her head in shame, watching her feet as she couldn’t make herself look at him. There she was accusing him of trying to hurt her yet he had been watching out for her the whole time and trying to make sure she was safe. She should have been grateful that he was there to save her, to keep her away from those dirty erts who tried to put her in harm’s way.

 

“How did you know about me?”

 

“In our world, we are able to see what happens in the human world using this type of screen. You know in Snow White where the Evil Witch queen person could ask the magic mirror who was the fairest in the land. This is a similar process so we can ask to see whatever we want in the human world, see whoever’s life. And I managed to find this ‘magic mirror’ showing you and there was just something about you that was so intriguing that I had to come see you for myself,” Key answered, observing Sooyoung nod in agreement as though everything he said was normal and not at all strange or unusual.

 

“Okay so what happens now? Are you going to go back now since you’ve met me already? I mean if those guys are after you, you better go back,” she replied in curiosity, hoping that if Key left then her life would finally go back to normal even if he was ier than any guy she’d ever met.

 

“You see, I have a problem. I can’t go. You’re my soul-mate, Sooyoung. There’s just something about you that is so attractive and I can’t get away from you,” his tone became slightly desperate as he reached for her hand. Sooyoung pulled away and stood up from her arm chair, slowly inching away from him.

 

“Whoa, whoa, uh I can’t be your soul-mate. We barely know each other, I can’t go with you,” She replied, trying to sound sympathetic but coming out more like she didn’t give a damn.

 

“If I’m going to go back you have to come with me. There are more reasons why I’m here but I really need you to come back with me,” Key begged. Sooyoung felt sick to her stomach seeing the hurt in his eyes as he knew she wouldn’t be coming along, that she didn’t believe that they were what he said.

 

“I have to go. I have a party to go to tonight and probably an explanation for my mom who would be wondering why I ditched school today. Bye,” she changed the topic, avoiding his eyes and heading towards the exit. She resisted the urge of turning back to face him and left the warmth of the library as she walked into the surrounding, cold streets which lay covered in snow.

 

*****

 

The keys jingled in her hand as she turned the lock and slowly pushed open the door, hoping their security system wouldn’t sound as she crept through. She tip-toed across the marbled floor step by step, hoping that her mother wasn’t home to find her ditching school. It was very unlikely of her; they wouldn’t have been able to fathom her reason for doing so. She’d been on her best behaviour for the last few years, ever since she’d moved away from her horrid, previous school, trying to leave her past behind her and look into the future with bright eyes.

 

“Sooyoung, what are you doing home so early?” her mother asked curiously as she climbed the spiral staircase to her room. Sooyoung sighed as her mother awaited an answer, tapping her fingers on the banister,

 

“I… wasn’t feeling well so they sent me home,” she stifled an excuse, her back turned to her mother who let out a gasp and rushed up to her, laying a hand on her forehead to check her temperature.

 

“You don’t feel warm. Are you trying to get out of school? Sooyoung, honey, if you’re having any problems at school you know you can tell me. I don’t want a repeat of last time. Your father and I are always here for you,” her mother said reassuringly, enveloping her in a warm embrace. She felt bad that she had to lie but what else could she have done. Key’s words replayed as the truth came to mind, ‘What I tell you now can’t be spoken to anyone else’.

 

“I’m fine. Don’t worry,” she said as she struggled out of her mothers arms and ran up to her bedroom, dropping onto the large king size bed in the centre of her room. She scanned her surroundings of her perfectly set bedroom arranged by her mother, the dresser that had everything neatly arranged from the bracelet holder to her make-up kit and the picture frames that hung in parallel. Even the slightest tweak to her room drove her mother mad.

 

Her earliest memories showed that her mother had always been the same, always trying to make everything, always attempting to keep her neat and tidy. Even at the tender age of 3, she’d been scolded for dropping ice-cream onto her pretty, pink dress at the summer barbeque. Or her 5th birthday party when she had cake stuffed in her face by one of her peers and her mother grew furious that she was all sticky and dirty. It wasn’t until she was 11 that she and her father found out her mother had suffered from Post-Natal Depression that had made her act the way she did. Her mother was sent for treatment in France and when she returned she apologised, tears sliding down her face, for treating Sooyoung that way. Although, her actions remained the same when it came to keeping everything clean and germ free, Sooyoung was able to find comfort in her mother when she was upset.

 

She brushed her hand over the photo frame that sat on her bedside table, tears coming to her eyes as she saw that familiar face beside hers, blinking them away before they could stream down her pink cheeks. How she wished she could go back in time and help her when it was possible. Losing Sunny was like losing a part of herself.

 

They’d always been the best of friends, ‘joined by the hip’ their parents would say as they couldn’t tear them apart, smiling and laughing together without a care in the world. Sunny stood by her side through it all; even during the fragile moments when she found out her mother was suffering. But everything just had to have changed in their first year of High school when Sunny confessed to liking both boys and girls. How her heart ached when she saw Sunny being bullied by those who thought the way she acted was wrong and it was her fault that she was the way she was. She remembered clearly the day when she was given the news that Sunny had killed herself, jumping off the bridge that they had walked over to school. Sooyoung had lost her best friend that day knowing she could have done much more to protect her.

 

The rest of that year was torture, walking the hallways as a depressed loner who everyone just knew as ‘the Lesbian’s best friend’ and nothing more. Without the bubbly, funny best friend by her side, she too thought of taking her own life as it had changed completely when Sunny had gone. Her parents, realising something was wrong, decided to move her from Busan to the buzzing city of Seoul where she could start her life off fresh, without the painful memories of Sunny. She became the popular girl who everyone aspired to be like, thinking she was happy but still feeling the pain in her heart.

 

*****

 

“Sooyoung! There is a finely dressed gentleman at the door for you,” Her mother called from the door. Grabbing her purse that sat on her arm chair, she ran down the stairs to find Siwon looking as handsome as ever in a formal shirt and jeans, hair styled effortlessly. Her face went bright red in embarrassment as she tripped on the last step, stumbling to the ground.

 

“We better go. See you later mother,” she bid farewell as she leapt up from the floor and followed Siwon out the door and carefully along the icy path. He reached for her hand as he led her towards his car parked out front. Dressed in a black dress which accentuated her curves and heels which elongated her legs, she was a vision of beauty as her dark locks lay in curls cascading down her back.

 

“You look really great tonight,” he said adoringly as he opened the door for her. Sooyoung felt her cheeks reddening at his words. All she ever wanted was for him to say those words.

 

“Thank you,” a smile played her lips as she replied.

 

*****

 

Donghae’s party was in full blast once they arrived, people flooding the dance floor engrossed by the music playing, others drowning themselves in the alcohol he had managed to sneak out of his parent’s secret stash in their basement. Nevertheless Sooyoung was excited to be there, to be a part of it even though she was already in with the popular crowd. She couldn’t help but admire his mansion too which was beautifully designed just like her own with magnificent chandeliers which glittered like stars as the lights were switched on to the intricately designed vases which sat on entrance to the house.

 

“Hey guys, glad you could make it,” Donghae said as he sneaked up from behind them and wrapped an arm around both of their shoulders. “Help yourself to the drinks in the bar. There is plenty to go around. Wow, Sooyoung! May I say, you look divine tonight?” He said as he caught sight of the beautiful girl on Siwon’s arm. Siwon shot him an angry glare as he walked away to greet other guests. Sooyoung just laughed at his reaction, happy that he was jealous of other guys talking to her.

 

“Don’t mind Donghae. He’s always like that when he’s drunk which is basically all the time. Want me to get you a drink?” Siwon offered politely as he turned to the bar to get something to drink.

 

“Uh sure,” she replied took a seat on the large couch beside some girls in her class. He is such a gentleman. I still can’t believe he asked me tonight, she giggled happily to herself, looking like a freak in her peer’s eyes.

 

He returned not long after, drinks in hand as he approached her, holding one out for her to take. The other girls could only watch in envy as Choi Siwon, the hottest guy in their class was taken by the beautiful Choi Sooyoung. Sooyoung took a sip of her drink, wrinkling her nose at the strange taste but knowing she would grow to like it. It was a party and everyone was drinking. What harm could it do to her.

 

“Oh I love this song,” she said as SHINee’s Lucifer boomed out of the speakers on the wall. Siwon held out his hand, dragging her to the dance floor to impress her with his ‘amazing’ dance skills. Sooyoung could only laugh at his attempt of dancing but it was taking her mind off Sunny and what had happened earlier with Key. They were both distant memories in her mind as she danced the night away by Siwon’s side.

 

“Here, take one of these,” a guy named Changmin said as he a drink in her hand and signalled for her to drink it. She took the shot, gulping it down in one go just like everyone else, wiping clean as she held out her hand for another one. Changmin threw back his head and laughed as he watched the good girl turn bad.

 

*****

 

Carefully stepping along the blanket of snow beneath his feet as he avoided the broken, jagged shards of glass scattered across the path, Key wrinkled his nose in disgust at the sight of empty beer bottles strewn along the ground up to Donghae’s house. The moon bestowed dim light onto the ground as his feet crunched on the frozen leaves that dragged across the ground with the cold but freezing breeze of the night air. Despite Sooyoung’s harsh words earlier, he still wouldn’t leave her behind. He had to ensure her safety and make sure he got to her before anyone could harm her, knowing that they were out there, ready to pounce when they got the chance.

 

In his smaller, weaker form, he slowly pushed open the door to Donghae’s mansion and crept through, knowing he wasn’t welcome in the popular crowd of Seoul High. The hours of their partying was visible in the state of the people around him who lay unconsciously on the ground intoxicated by the alcohol whilst others danced, laughed and drank around them without a clue of their presence. Sooyoung was not visible in his line of sight as he scanned the surroundings. Maybe she left, he thought as he stepped around the ‘lifeless’ bodies for any sign of her.

 

At the increase of laughter echoing off the walls close by, he wandered closer to the sound hoping Sooyoung was nearby. From the corner his eye, he recognised the familiar locks of hair, striding faster in order to get to her. He cursed silently as he tripped over someone’s foot in his path, finding himself in the popular crowd’s intimidating, cold eyes.

 

“Look what we have here. The dork wants to join our party,” Donghae said as the laughter had died down leaving the room in an eerie silence as they watched the frightened figure before their eyes. OMG, why is he here? Sooyoung thought worriedly, hoping that nothing bad would happen to him.

 

“I don’t know if you’ve been informed but this party is for cool people only. So if you don’t mind leaving, the door is that way,” Donghae was clearly annoyed by his presence, shoving him in intimidation, to show who the bigger man was. Key tried to stand tall, failing miserable as he fell to the ground.

 

“Ah! YOU LITTLE BASTARD!!!” Donghae sputtered curses along with miniscule drops of blood as Key leapt up from the ground and punched him across the face. His friends raised their eyebrows in curiosity at how strong the dork really was. They swept forward to grab his arms and teach him a lesson before Key swiftly moved out of their path.

 

With a thud outside of the window, Key’s eyes shot to face it, widening in shock at the recognition of familiar faces. He had to get her out. Now!

 

Without even a second of thinking about his movements, he gripped Sooyoung’s arm and pulled her off her chair and out of the door, ignoring her screams and cries as he dragged her out of the mansion before anyone had time to react to the current situation. Removing his bracelet, he transformed into his original form.

 

“Take off your heels and get on my back. And don’t even think about arguing with me. We really have to go now,” he ordered, keeping his voice and head low as he pulled over his hood. Sooyoung’s face read nothing but confusion as she threw her heels against the cold ground, lifted up by Key as he ran through the cold, icy streets.

 

“Where are you going to take me? Why are you taking me away from the party? I was having a good time,” she complained as she slapped his shoulder in infuriation, “Answer me! Take me back right now. This isn’t funny.” Why did I even do what he told me? Sometimes when I see a hot guy I am so stupid.

 

“If I take you back they’ll kill you. Look, I don’t have time for your complaints, we have to go right now. I’ll explain everything properly once we arrive,” he managed to reply as they approached the forest on the outskirts of the city. Sooyoung’s eyes moved back and forth, wishing she had a chance to give a proper goodbye to her loved ones who may not ever see her again.

 

They trudged along the snowy moss across the forest floor, feeling a brief wave of calmness and serenity as they stood under the protection of the large trees that surrounded them like walls. Sooyoung watched in awe as a dark mantle swept across the night sky, studded with the pulsing of diamonds. It was a beautiful sight. Key however, paid no attention, focused on the task of ensuring a safe travel back to his world. It had to be done with utter precision. Even the slightest tweak in the complex machinery could result in devastation to his plans.

 

He could feel himself distracted by the hoot of owls that kept watch like a security force as they sat idly in the trees. Examining closely, he sighed in relief as the difficult task was over and they were ready to travel. The only problem he had at that point was Sooyoung’s willingness to go along with him without an idea of his real motives.

 

“I think I better go with you. Otherwise people will kill me and I think I would rather take my chances with you,” she said as she walked closer, mimicking his actions with the device in his hands as she took the other end. With the click of his button, they left the calm city of Seoul behind.

 


 

 

Hi everyone. I felt such an urge to get the next chapter up that I finished it reasonably quickly. This is the longest chapter I have wrote for this story so be grateful hehe :) We do get to know more about Sooyoung in this chapter yayyy. And well Key makes his fair share of an appearance in this chapter too. 

As for Khuntoria, Minyul, Woofany and Taecyoon fans, well they'll be back in the next chapter so yeah. I'll try to get it up as soon as possible but it may be a while since I haven;t even started yet but I do have a clear picture in my mind about what will be happening. 

Thanks for reading and please comment since it is my motivation,

love from coolgirlaamy xxxx