Destined - Chapter 2

Killer Soul-mates

 

Ever since the incident Sooyoung was finding it hard to keep her focus. Her thoughts kept drifting back to the moment Blonde Boy saved her, the way he stood his ground despite their intimidation and size. What he did was an act of bravery which no normal boy would have been able to perform. But he did and that was what kept her so intrigued about him. How could he have possibly known she was in trouble?  And why did he bother saving her? For all she knew, they had never met before. He was an utter and complete stranger, yet he had risked his life. 

 

She tossed and turned in her bed that night, trying to keep herself from falling to sleep so she could keep thinking about him. Her need to know who he was grew stronger and stronger each second she stayed awake. She couldn’t even keep her focus throughout the school, gazing into space as the group around her continued to drone on and on about their outfits to the party or the boy they liked. They didn't even notice her dazed state, ostracizing her from the others while they left her frozen upon her chair. Her curiosity was as much as she could have handled.

 

Sooyoung strode into her History class and sunk into her usual seat near the back, ignoring the chatter of the girls who were trying to gain her attention. As the teacher began to play a video, she rested her head on her desk and tried to understand what was really occuring within her life. The unexpected invitation from Simon, the strange notes, the saviour - it was as if fate was playing tricks on her. She couldn't help but wonder if the events of the previous day had truly happened, wondering if she had truly been harassed and there was a fairly handsome boy out there who had saved her life.

 

“Psst,” a familiar voice whispered, poking her in the back with the end of their pen. She turned in her seat, meeting the eyes of the strange boy from the day before as he held out another note. He passed it into her grip as his eyes switched to the television at the head of the room. Raising her eyebrow in curiosity, she cautiously took it from his hand, sweeping her fingers over it in examination before she dared to open the folds.

 

I told you to not to go out last night. You need to be more careful.

 

Her eyes widened in confusion, questioning the words scribbled across the white sheet. How could he have possibly known about the events of the evening before? Surely no one else had witnessed the events. If so, wouldn't they have approached her later. She slipped a pen out of her back pocket and scribbled down a message in return. Yet the endless bell rang in her ears, droning on in the distance. The faint creaking of his chair was audible as it scratched across the flooring.

 

“Wait! Stay there!” she shrieked as he quickly scurried past her. He glanced back cautiously before exiting the room, ensuring that he left no trace of him behind.

 

Sooyoung ran as fast as she could after him, searching through the faces of her peers, but he had disappeared into the pool of people in the hallway. She clenched her fists in anger as she looked around with no sign of him, no longer visible within her line of sight. The next time that boy she would see him, she would have to confront him. Was he jinxing her? Or was he some sort of psychic? But after what happened she knew she should trust what he was trying to tell her no matter how peculiar his words actually were.

 

“Sooyoung, hey, are you okay?” she was caught off guard, jumping in shock as a hand rested upon her shoulder, “Don’t worry, it’is just me.” The person walked around to face her, his lips curling into a smile as he came into view.

 

“Oh Siwon, I’m okay. I’m better than okay actually, I’m great. How are you? Are you okay?” she blurted out unconsciously, the words slipping from her lips before she could ensure they were valid. The pace of her breathing grew faster with each word. Her eyes squeezed themselves shut, internally slapping herself across her forehead as she realised how stupid and strange she was acting. before him. He probably thinks I’m a freak.

 

“I’m good,” he replied, a hint of hesitation within his voice as he averted his gaze to his watch, “I’ve got to go. I’ll see you at the party tomorrow.” The smile was clearly visible as he glanced back at her, strolling to his friends in the iest way possible before he too disappeared into the crowd and she was left alone, frozen in the middle of complete isolation.

 

*****

 

Sooyoung covered her ears to block the loud deafening noises of the cafeteria; the clatter of plates falling to the ground, the screams as a handsome boy passed a table full of girls, the football players shouting at each other from across the table; which were all too much for her. She could no longer handle it, requiring peace and quiet, to be alone with her thoughts. She lifted her lunch, throwing her backpack onto her shoulder as she escaped before it got any worse. To her annoyance, there wasn’t one free bench anywhere where she could eat her lunch peacefully.

 

A faint smile appeared across her lips as she remembered the small yet beautiful flower garden at the back of the school. No one ever visited the garden in winter. It was the perfect place for some peace, especially at that moment. She quickened her pace and ran over, avoiding the unnecessary attention of her peers.

 

She breathed in the fresh, but cold, air as she settled down on the bench by the pond which was frozen over by the winter ice. The flowers glistened with snowdrops as they were hit by a ray of warm sunlight, their faint colours barely visible. A fish swam beneath the sheet of translucent ice,  This place is so beautiful, she thought as she bit down into her sandwich, savouring the taste of lukewarm chicken. But her moment was ruined as the faint sound of breathing and mumbling disturbed her. She turned her head questioningly as no one could be seen. The breathing continued, growing louder and louder in volume but still no sign of anyone. That was until she spotted tufts of hair sticking up from behind the concealing cover of a bush.

 

Sooyoung slowly crept over, not trying to attain her intruder’s attention. They were running the nice, peaceful ambiance of the place and she didn’t like that. All she wanted was some privacy away from everyone else and she couldn’t even get that. Her eyes widened, her jaw dropping as she noticed those familiar eyes glance up.

 

“You! Explain yourself! Why have you been sending me creepy letters?” she asked angrily. He made no reply, slowly lifting his hand to point over to her lunch which had toppled off the bench. She swiftly turned her head back to her lunch, sighing in annoyance but as she turned back to face him, he was no longer there. Scanning the area, she found no sign of him. He had disappeared yet again.

 

"Come back! You do realise that you have to approach me sometime!"

 

 

 


 

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the long wait, I've been busy with exams and studying and writing other stories etc so it took me a while to update. And also there was a lack of encouragement from you guys so I found it hard to focus (if that makes any sense).

Well here it is anyways. I know it's not very exciting but the explanations of weird boys strange behaviour and his identity will be revealed next chapter, unless I go back to the other stories next chapter.

I hope you enjoy and I'll talk to you soon,

love from coolgirlaamy xxx