VIII

Two Night Stand

After 6 hours of driving, Hanbyul finally arrives at the country-side of Busan. She park her car in front of her late parent's house. It was quiet and calm. She love it here, away from all the hectic life in the city. She takes her stuff from her trunk and walk to the house. She halt at the front door and stay with her head hang low. She has been away for 3 years after her parents death. They died in a car accident driving to Seoul just to comfort her. She was stupid for calling them crying because her ex ditched her. Of course they were worried and wanted to come to her straight away. They lost control of the car because the road was still covered by the snow. She close her eyes refuse to replay the incident that night. Her tears fall as she remember how they died because of her. It was her fault. If she didn't called them and tell them about that stupid break up and wailed on the phone like a moron they would still alive today. If its wasn’t for her, she still have a family. Her tears keep falling as she reminiscing her parents memories. She misses them so bad. She cries as she lean her forehead on the wooden door. 

She stay in the same position until she finds the courage to enter the house, she pull out her keys from her sling bag and take a deep breath before she open the front door. Their big family picture welcomes her. She didn’t want to look at it longer than she should, afraid that she breaks down again. She close the door and observe the living room. Everything is still the same like when she left 3 years ago. She knew her neighbour came often to keep the house clean and tidy even if she refuses. She settle down her stuff in her old room upstairs across her parent's and take a long relaxing bath. She decides to buy something to eat instead of cooking tonight. She’s too tired to do anything. She call Jinki as soon as she finish her long bath. "How was your ride?" Jinki ask from the other line. "Its tiring." She answer briefly. There is a unusual awkward silence between them. He's afraid to ask not wanting to make her cry again. She is fragile as a glass right now. Even a mild touch can breaks her. "Have you eaten yet?" He ask try to brush the awkwardness away. "Not yet. I don’t think I’m hungry right now." She tell while lying on her bed still wearing her damp towel. "You need to eat something Hanbyul-ah." He let out his concern. "I will oppa. I’m just tired and sleepy right now. I promise I’ll eat first thing tomorrow." She try to assure him. "Okay. I let you rest then. Call me if you need anything arasso?" He softly order her. "Yes sir." She chuckles. They ended the call and she tuck herself in after she change into something comfortable. She close her eyes and hoping that tomorrow going to be better than today.

      ***

After she finish packing her things, she bid goodbye to her neighbour who visit her few days ago. She thanked the old lady who is kind enough to take a good care of the house. She spent 3 days at Busan and visited her late parent’s grave. 3 day is enough for her to get herself together again. She didn’t forget about Kyungsoo though, how can she forget about him, that guy brings a big impact into her life, but it hurt lesser than before. She can’t control her feelings but she can’t hide forever either. She need to face him sooner or later. She drive straight to Seoul that morning and arrives at her apartment few hours after a long journey. She park her car on her usual spot, grab her stuff and take the elevator to her floor. The elevator doors open and she walk straight to her apartment just around the corner. She stops at her track few meters away from her apartment's door when she saw 3 bouquets of red roses neatly leaned on her door. She stand and stare the flowers for a while. Then she approaches the flowers and notice a note in two of the bouquet. The one to the right almost wizened. The one to the left is still fresh. She takes all three bouquet in the left hand and press her password with her right hand then enters her apartment. 

She settles down and stares at the roses. She take the first note on the flower and it writes 'Sorry I didn't tell you the truth. But I hope you will give me a chance to explain.' She recognise the neat handwriting. It belongs to Kyungsoo. She heaves a sight and hesitantly takes the second note and it writes 'I miss you.' Her heart starts to beat abnormally fast after she read the words. Deep inside she wanted to say the same thing to him. She miss his company even if they only spent a short time together. She felt somehow connected to him. She takes the fresh one to look for a note. But there’s none. She place back the last one back on the coffee table and lean on the couch. She don’t want to think about it. At least not for now. After she eats her dinner and doing her laundry, she decided to work on her design trying to brush him out of her mind by making herself busy. As she was about to start her sketch, she feels her phone starts to vibrate furiously on her desk. Its Jimin. "Hey." She greets her with a smile as if Jimin can see her. "Don’t you hey me miss. Where have you been? I have been calling you and went to your office. What happened?" Jimin screams as soon as she hears Hanbyul's voice. "Calm down Jiminnie. I just came back from Busan." She says and there’s a silent on the other line. "Did you visited to their tomb?" Jimin ask hesitantly. "Yes." She give her a short answer. "Are you okay?" Jimim ask again. "I’m fine. I feel like a huge lump has been removed from my shoulder now that I’ve visited them." She answer with a faint smile. "Okay. Good for you but can I ask you something?" Jimin take a deep breath and continues "What happened between you and Kyungsoo?" Hanbyul heart jolts upon hearing the name. That guy does bring a big impact to her life. "I just found out that he have a girlfriend...." "You mean his cheating ex girlfriend?" Jimin cuts her out. "Did you even give the man a chance to explain?" Jimin now sounds irritated. Hanbyul is out of words. She felt guilty for him. "I’m hanging up now Byulie. Give him a chance to explain then you can do what ever you want." Jimin then hang up the call leaving Hanbyul dumfounded. 

She then stares at her sketch and leaned her head on the desk zooning out. She was thinking about apologising but she doesn’t even have his number, don’t know where he live and where he work. She stand up and take the flower that she placed on the coffee table then place it on the vase replacing the one that he gave her a night before things went wrong. She stares at the notes and search for any number or address but she only found the florist number and address on the back of the notes nothing else is written there except for his neat handwriting saying 'I’m sorry' and 'I miss you'. She feels devastated and somehow desperate to find him.