VII

Two Night Stand

"What the hell are you trying to do?" Kyungsoo shouts at Haneul which makes her flinch. Kyungsoo never raised his voice at her before, she is terrified by just looking at Kyungsoo’s state. "Why can't you just leave for good and let me be happy again?" He sounds hurt this time. Haneul is still crying and still begging on him to take her back. "I can't Haneul. I just can’t be with someone who just cheated on me and live everyday like it was nothing. How could you? Do you ever think about how hurt I am after knowing someone that I love has been cheating behind my back? Its freaking hurt Haneul, it hurt so bad.” He finally let out everything that he has been keeping inside for so long. "I loved you Haneul. I gave you everything. What did i do to you that make you betray me? Betrayed our relationship. Is this relationship means nothing to you?" She is at loss of words. Haneul know it was her fault but she can’t lose him. She just realizes how much she needed him more than any boy that she has been meeting with. "I’m sorry oppa! Please don't leave me. I promise i won’t do it again. I promise I’ll change. Please." Haneul begs and fall on her knee. She is desperate for him right now. She needs him. He is the only person that understands her. But she was stupid for falling to another guy just because they were rich and handsome. Kyungsoo grab her arm and pull her up until she stand on her feet again. "This is it Haneul. I am breaking up with you. There is nothing between us anymore. I'm tired of your lies. I had enough." He let her go and leave Haneul at the stairs.

He run out of the apartment and noticed that her car wasn’t on her usual spot anymore. He gets into his car just to sit there and wait for her. Maybe. Just maybe she'll come back. He takes his phone from the dashboard and realize that he don't even have her number. He groans out of frustration. He then remembers about Minseok's cousin, Jimin. The one that hook them up. He was just about to call Minseok when his phone died. He figures that he didn’t charge his phone for almost2 day. Then he decided to just go to Minseok's coffee shop. Minseok is surprise to see Kyungsoo on this time of the day. Usually he can't be found anywhere apart from his hotel's kitchen. "Hey, what brings you here?" He gives Kyungsoo a hug and asks his employer to cover him for a while. "Hyung, do you have your cousin's number? The one that invited us to a birthday party few days ago." Kyungsoo ask him. "Why? Is it about her friend that you've slept with on your both birthday?" Minseok take a guess and he seems to hit the jackpot when Kyungsoo nod. There is no way Kyungsoo is interested with her cousin. She's wierd. He mentaly laugh at her cousin. He gives his phone to Kyungsoo and then leaves him alone for a while as Kyungsoo is calling his cousin. "Hello? Jimin sshi?" Kyungsoo hesitated when Jimin pick her phone. "Yes Minseok oppa" She speaks on the other line. "This is Kyungsoo. I'm at Minseok's cafe right now and I borrow his phone for a while. I just wanted to ask you something. Can i?" Kyungsoo ask politely. "Ahh. Kyungsoo-sshi. Sure you can." Jimin replies to him. "Have you heard anything from Hanbyul?" Kyungsoo can’t seem to hide his concern anymore. "Yes we did talk yesterday after she came back from her meeting. Why? Did anything happen?" Jimin ask. Her voice clearly shows that she is starting to worry too. "I don't know. I mean there is a little misunderstanding between us this morning and she just left without any words and I’m kind of worried." He says. "What kind of misunderstanding?" Jimin ask out of curiosity. Then he spills every single thing that happen this morning hoping that Jimin won’t get mad at him. It’s not that he is afraid of Jimin, it’s just that he is too tired to face another mad woman. It’s just tiring. Luckily Jimin listen well and try to comfort him. "Just go home and give her some space Kyungsoo-sshi. When she’s ready i will tell you myself. Don’t worry about her. She knows how to take care of herself. I'll tell you if i heard anything from her okay." Jimin feels sorry for Kyungsoo. It wasn’t even his fault. Kyungsoo give Jimin his number and ended the call. He went back to Hanbyul's apartment just in case that she'll be back. 

When he arrives at her apartment he saw her with a man holding a luggage. The man put the luggage into her trunk and closes it. She looks like a mess. He feels bad for dragging her into his situation. Then he saw them hug each other, which make him feels the piercing pain stabbing through his heart. It is an unbearable pain. She bid the man goodbye and drive away from the parking lot without noticing Kyungsoo. That is when he realizes that he lost her for good. He can feels his tears start fall from regrets and for not being honest enough with her. He just not ready yet to talk about Haneul. He wipe his tears when he saw the man that was with Hanbyul moment ago approaches his car. He lowers the window and anticipates anything that the man will do to him. He is the one that causing a problem in the first place. "Are you Kyungsoo?" Jinki ask make Kyungsoo wondering how did he know his name. Jinki din't look like he is mad. He just look calm and has his smile on his face all the time. "Yes." Kyungsoo answer briefly "Good. I'm Lee Jinki, Hanbyul's boss and a very good friend. I believe this belongs to you." Jinki pull out the note that hes been hiding from Hanbyul and hand it to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo eyes are widened as he saw the note. He stares at the note with a frown. "I think we should get a drink together. Are you free right now?" Jinki suggest and Kyungsoo nods.