VI

Two Night Stand

Hanbyul reaches her car, starts the engine and hit the gas leaving her apartment's parking lot. She know Kyungsoo and that girl is still at the stair as she can hear they were arguing when she walk past the stair moment ago. When she hears Kyungsoo's voices, it breaks her heart because she falls hard for that guy. Really hard. She wants him to comfort her so bad and tell her that it was a joke or a prank because it’s killing her inside. But it’s impossible. She has to face the reality. This is the reason why she prevents herself from dating anyone for the past 3 years just to protect her heart. She holds her tears not wanting to cry. She can't cry. She promised herself that she won't let any man crushes her heart again, but she fails this time. She arrives at her office and parks her car on her usual spot near the elevator. Her office is on the fifth floor. She bumps into almost every person she passes because she walks way to fast. She seems too lost in her mind. Drowns in her own thoughts. She doesn’t even know what to do. She needs to take all her collection to the studio before 10am. So she has plenty of time to prepare her stuff. She tries her hardest to forget the piercing memories from this morning incident but unfortunately she can't. She felt betrayed.

The moment she arrives at her office, she closes the door and start kicking everything that placed in front of her. Her tools, thread, her fabric rolls and even her mannequin. Her office became a mess as she screams and punches everything near her viciously and starts crying. She can't hold her tears any longer. She falls to her knee, bend down and cry harder. She heard a knock on her door. "Leave me alone." She says. Her voice was weak and hoarse. Her boss opens the door ignoring her rejection, but as soon as he saw the mess, he hurriedly closes the door behind him and approaches Hanbyul. Jinki starts to question her this and that, he is beyond concern. But she didn't say a word, she grabs Jinki's sleeves and cry on his chest. Jinki is astonished by her candition and just let her cry. He hugs her trying to comfort her. Jinki has never seen her like this before. Not even once. She is known by her bright personality. She always smiles and laugh as if she never had any problems or difficulty in her life. It breaks Jinki's heart to see her like this. She's like a sister to him. They have been working together for so many years now, every up and down, every breakups, they share almost everything. Her sobs finally decreasing and he can hear her starts to hiccup. She stained his white sleeves with her make up. "Sorry." The only thing she manages to say in between her hiccup. After 30 minutes of throwing tantrum, she finally calm down. It’s been a really long time since she felt this way. Jinki ask her to take a leave for a few days until she's ready to work again. She then tell him that she wanted to go back to her parent’s place and she promise she'll make it up to him as soon as she came back from Busan. She never asked anything from him before. Besides he can just ask another designer to bring their collection to the studio today. He can just postpone all her project for her until she's ready. He is hoping that this is the last time he will sees her like this. Jinki then drives her home and ask his driver to follow them with her car because he knows she can’t drive with her state like that. He grabs all her stuff and ushered her to her apartment. As she washes her make up, he prepares a cup of coffee for her, he then saw a note sticks on her fridge and pull it off the fridge. It was Kyungsoo's note. He is now curious about this Kyungsoo guy, and thinking maybe he is the reason Hanbyul's rage this morning. He crumbles the note and shoves it into his pocket when he sees her coming. She is wearing her sweatpants and plain black tee with her messy bun, her eyes are puffy and red. She sat in front of him and she has her frown all over her face. "Hey, do you mind telling me what happened?" He asks while holding her hand. She pulls her hand tuck it between her tight and shakes her head. Jinki heaves a sighs "it’s okay then. You can tell me whenever you're ready." She nods. He helps her pack her things as she says that she is leaving for Busan after lunch. At first Jinki insisted to send her himself worry that anything would happen to her. But she refused. She promises that she will call right away as soon as she arrives there. Jinki know that he have no right to force her to obey his word so he just keeps her promise. After they done packing everything she needs, Jinki help her to carry her bags and walk her to her car. After exchanging hug, she bid him goodbye and leave everything behind. Everything.

That was when Kyungsoo saw her car left the apartment and just sit there in his car staring at her. He lost her for sure. Jinki saw Kyungsoo who was staring at Hanbyul's car as she drive past Kyungsoo's. Kyungsoo look somehow just like her. Broken.