II

Two Night Stand

Kyungsoo press the password on his door and enters his shared apartment with his girlfriend. His cheating girlfriend to be exact. She’s been cheating on him for only god knows how long. He find out about it when he saw Haneul walking hand in hand with a guy few months ago. But he didn’t do anything, maybe he is just afraid to be alone. He just thought that maybe he saw her doppelganger, but not until his friend sent him a picture of his girlfriend getting cuddly in a bar with the same guy Kyungsoo saw last time. Kyungsoo and Haneul have been dating for over a year now. What went wrong? That is the question that keeps on repeating in his mind. He doesn't even know the answer. He has no idea why he stays and willingly to consume all the pain she’s been giving him. He places his car key on the coffee table and walk to his bedroom. He open his bedroom door and that is the moment when all he wanted to do right now is give up on everything that they ever had. It breaks his heart into a million pieces when he has to witness his girlfriend in another guy arms. He just stands there, frozen. His mind went blank and starts to play all of their memories from the first time they met until right now. He then remembers what he did last night. But he didn’t feel any guilt at all. With the last strands of courage he have, ignoring them, he walks to his closet and packs everything that he have. He’s leaving her for real this time. Haneul wakes up when she hears the closet door closed. When she saw Kyungsoo is pulling his large luggage out of their room she panicked and went off from the bed trying to stop him, leaving the guy on her bed alone, dumbfounded. She manages to cover her body with a towel as she run to the door trying to catch up with Kyungsoo. "Kyungsoo please let me explain." She begged as they walk out the room. She cried out of guilt. What does this man ever do to her? He’s a total sweetheart and a perfect boyfriend. "I don’t really think i need one." His voice is weak and broken. He holds his urge to cry and keeps walking to the main door ignoring Haneul’s grip on his jacket. He loves her. Why does she have to cheat? Was he not enough for her? He mentally asks himself. "Please I am begging you oppa. I was stupid. I was lonely." She still begs for him not to leave her. He pulls his luggage and took his car keys ignoring Haneul wailing behind him. He left his own apartment not knowing where to go. His tears finally fall from the piercing pain in his heart. He wipes it away not wanting anyone to see it. He enters the elevator and waits for the door to close. That when he saw Haneul run to the elevator still crying trying to chase him. But she’s late. The door is already closing and he breaks down into tears not caring about anything anymore. How could she. He gives her everything. He cries harder as he cover his face with his palms and as soon as the elevator door opens, he walk straight to his car ignoring people who stares at him. He felt embarrassed somehow manage to shove his luggage into the trunk and get into his car. He starts the engine and drives away from his apartment. His eyes are blurry as he still crying over something that he knows was coming. He knows this will happen and he should already prepare himself to confront this situation. He just wishes that he left Haneul as soon as he finds out and it was too late now. 
Kyungsoo park his car in front of her apartment. He doesn’t know why he’s here. He waits for her in his car as she said she'll be back after lunch. It is 2 in the afternoon. She'll be back anytime soon. His phone rings and the caller is Haneul. He immediately turns off his phone as he saw a black Mercedes halted a few meters from his car. He saw her as soon as the passenger seat door opens. She looks tired but still stunning. She bows at the person who is driving the car and close the door. The car drives away as she steps back and walks straight to her apartment without looking back. "Should i follow her?" He asks himself. "But doesn’t that make me look like a scary stalker. No! I'll look way too desperate if i do that." He tells himself. So he decided to go to his friend’s place. Just to stay for a while until he get his own place. He took a glance over her apartment on the third floor, “I don’t even know your name.” he whispers and left.