I'll help you

Battle of the Leaders

"Hyomin-ah!" You waved as you saw Hyomin in school.

But she walked away quickly when she saw you.

*Why is Hyomin-ah running away when she saw me?* You were puzzled. 

"Hyomin-ah! Wait for me!" You shouted but she walked faster.

Finally you ran and caught up with her. "Yah! Why are you running away?" You placed your hand on her shoulder. 

"JaeIn-ah, don't come near me!" She tried to push away your hand but your held on tightly.

"Wae? What happened?" You were concerned. 

She turned around and you could see her tears threatening to fall from her eyes. 

"Are you ok?!" 

"JaeIn-ah, eottoke?! My a-appa, he lost his job. We don't have any money now! My omma isn't here anymore. We live on his salary!" She cried in your shoulder. 

"Pabo. You could've just told me. I'll be able to help you!" You chuckled. 

"Aniya! I haven't finished. I did something wrong..." She confessed. 

"Something wrong...?"

"JaeIn-ah, I...I...I stole Eunseo's purse." She cried louder. 

Eunseo was the school's richest girl. Other girls envied her riches and beauty. 

"What?! Stealing isn't right!" 

"I know...But what can I do? My family needs to live. JaeIn-ah, eottoke? Stealing is breaking one of the Rules!" she panicked. 

"What will happen?" You weren't sure of the Rules yet. 

"I...I might lose my life..." She said softly.

"What?! That serious?!" You didn't know it was that serious. 

"It wouldn't be that serious, if we were rich. The Council favors the rich people. Poor people like us die everyday, but nobody cares. If it was someone from Infinite or U-Kiss, the Council would probably act like they didn't know." She said sadly. 

"Really...?"

"Eottoke? JaeIn-ah, I don't want to die so soon." She held on to your hand. 

"What if...?" You thought of something. "What if I take the blame? Would you be ok?" 

"I can't let you take the blame for me! You'll die!" 

"I won't. I'm part of the Kims now right? I will be ok." You ensured her but you weren't really sure of it yourself. 

"Thanks, JaeIn-ah. You're really a great friend!" She hugged you. 

"Don't mention it. I'll be ok. As long as you're fine, I'll do anything to help you." You smiled. 

*It'll be ok right? The Council won't do anything to me right?* You thought. 

You weren't sure of it...At all...