Date?

Battle of the Leaders
"JaeIn-ah, gwenchana?" ajusshi asked you as soon as you came home.

You nodded.

"Are you sure?" 

You shook your head this time. "What should I do? Who should I choose? These are questions that I can't answer."

"JaeIn-ah, although Sunggyu is my son, I won't force you to choose him in the end. Do what your heart says. I won't mind if you end up leaving this home, but as long as you're happy, I'm happy for you." he patted your back.

You smiled a little at him. *But what if my mind and heart says differently? What should I do? This is why I don't want to lead a complicated life, so many things to think and worry about!*

___________________________________________________________________________

The next day at the breakfast table, nobody spoke about what happened yesterday. You knew they were doing this for you. They don't want you to be stuck in the middle.

Just then, the television by itself.

The announcer's face came on the screen. It was the same person as yesterday.

"Nice to meet all of you again. I'm pleased to announce that I'm the official Announcer for your Pair, JaeIn-sshi. Your future meetings with your Pairs will be planned by me. Today, you'll be spending your afternoon with Sunggyu-sshi. You'll also be having dinner outside."

"What do you mean?" you didn't know what she was talking about.

"When you're Paired, you'll be going out on dates with your Pair. Since you have two, you'll be taking turns, going with each of them."

"Where will we be going?" Sunggyu asked.

"It's up to you. I'll be planning your meeting, but you'll be the one choosing where to go. You'll have your free time with each other then go to the Seoul Barbecue Place for dinner."

"Thanks." Sunggyu said and turned off the television.

Sunggyu didn't say anything else and left the house.

"Oppa!" you shouted and went after him.

Sunggyu sat on the stairs in front of the mansion.

"Oppa..." you placed your hand on his shoulder.

"Let me be alone." he said and pushed your hand away.

"Oppa, are you sad that you're Paired with me?" 

"Ani, I'm not sad. 'sad' is totally to little to describe how I feel. Why do I have to Paired with you? It's not possible for me to like someone like you. You're totally the opposite of my ideal type. I don't understand what the Council is doing!" 

"Then why didnt you tell the Announcer that you didn't want to be Paired with me?"

"That's because I can't let you be Paired to that guy! If I let him have you, that would totally mean that I'm admitting that I lost this battle for you."

"Why is everything so complicated?! All you guys think of is just winning this and winning that. What about me?! I have to make the biggest decision here. I've came here for not more that a month. So many ridiculous things have happened since. I should've just chosen to die than come to this place and make decisions that are worst that death!" you shouted at Sunggyu and went back into the house.

You grabbed you bag and left for school.

*That's not what I mean... I just can't bear the thought of losing you to Shin Soohyun. You're just like my sister...isn't it?* Sunggyu instantly regretted what he said.

On the way to school, you sulked.

*Aish, was I too harsh? But whatever, I am still angry at oppa for thinking like that.*

The first person you saw in school was Soohyun.

"JaeIn-ah! Good morning!" he said.

He might have a cold appearance, but you found him quite friendly and nice.

"Oh, Soohyun oppa! Morning." you said. 

You didn't smile like you usually did and Soohyun knew something was wrong.

"What happened? Was it because of yesterday?" he asked you.

"Kind of, I had a fight with Sunggyu oppa. We're supposed to go out on an arranged date today, but I think he doesn't want to." you said sadly.

"Should we go together?" Soohyun suggested.

"Huh? You mean we can? But the Announcer said that I should be going out with Sunggyu oppa today."

"As long as nobody finds out, it should be ok. I'll tell Sunggyu, I'm sure he'll be ok with it." Soohyun said.

"Ok! It'll be fun!" you said happily.