Chap 9

The Good, The Bad and The Undead

The sky was getting darker, which frustrated Kristina. She had been walking for hours, yet she was still unable to find the way out of the forest. What made her frustrated the most was that Suho still trailed behind her, even though she had already told him her name.

Why this freak can’t leave me alone? What else does he need from me?

“How long are you planning on staying inside the forest? The sky's getting darker, you know.”

Kristina turned around to face Suho.

“You don’t have to tell me how dark the sky is. I’m not blind. I can see perfectly well!

“Wow… Calm down Kristina. I was just asking why we still haven’t left. No need to be so angry about it. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.”

Your sole existence is the reason I’m acting like this!

“You think I want to stay inside this forest with you? I can’t find the way out of here, and…” Kristina stopped her words halfway.

“And what?”

“I hate to admit this, but I think we’re lost.”

“Lost?”

A small sigh escaped from Kristina’s lips before she nodded her head.

“How did this happen? Why didn’t you mark anything or remember the way out?”

Kristina gripped her sword tightly while continuing to repeat to herself that she must be patient.

“If you’re so almighty, then why don’t you get us out of here?”

For first time in his life, Suho was speechless. How would he tell Kristina that he also didn’t know the way out because he was so focused on following her that he wasn't paying attention to where he was going?

Kristina rolled her eyes when Suho remained silent. How dare he put the blame on her when it was his fault for getting them lost? If it weren't for him following her in the first place, she wouldn’t have ended up here!

“You don’t have the right to talk when you yourself don’t know the way out,” she said while glaring at Suho.

“I think we need to find a place to camp tonight,” Suho said, quickly changing the subject.

Kristina raised her eyebrows. She could see that Suho was trying to change the subject, but she didn’t address it.

“I suppose you’re right. It’ll be hard to see the path when the night falls. How about we just camp here?”

Suho shrugged. “Well, I’m okay with it.”

“Good. I’ll sleep underneath that tree.” Kristina pointed her finger a big oak tree five feet away from them.

“Okay. Then I…”

“And you better stay ten feet away from me. However, I’d much prefer that you get out of my sight forever,” Kristina said, cutting off Suho’s words.

Suho was quite taken aback by that. Most women would be delighted to spend the night with him. Yet Kristina didn’t show any eagerness about it. She even demanded that he stay away from her. Once again, Kristina just showed how different she was from the others.

“I don’t mind doing that, but who’s going to protect you later on?”

“You seem to not only have a problem of hearing, but you also seem to have short term memory loss. Just to refresh that memory, I killed a sea demon with my own hands while you were standing there doing nothing.”

Suho folded his arms across his chest as he leaned against the tree behind him.

“I actually wanted help you, but I was amazed by your beautiful fighting style and forgot about everything else.”

Kristina grimaced when Suho winked at her.

“Stop sweet talking me. You’re just wasting your time. I won’t be swoon by it.”

“Well, it’s worth trying.”

“So do we have a deal?”

“Huh? What deal?”

“That you agree to stay ten feet away from me.”

Suho straightened his position. “And if I don’t want to?”

“You seriously don’t want mess with me. Something bad may happen to you,” Kristina warned.

“Are you trying to threaten me even though you already know who I am?” Suho raised his eyebrows, challenging Kristina with his intense stare.

“So what if you’re a demon lord? I’m not afraid of you.”

Suho laughed.

“You never fail to amuse me, Kristina Wu. Fine, I’ll do as you say, but only because I’m too tired to argue with you about this. You can call me if you need my help,” he said. His face showed nothing but pure amusement.

“Oh, you don’t have to worry about it. I don’t think I’ll need your help.”

“Don’t speak too soon. Who knows, you may face a very big danger later on, and you’ll need me to save you.”

“Whatever.”

Kristina quickly went toward the big oak tree. She needed to get away from Suho before she lost her patience. The way he talked was full of arrogance. It irritated her. She hated these type of people the most, and Suho had definitely become no.1 on the list of the people that she hated.

 


 

Minseok glanced at the watch on his wrist. It had been 15 minutes since the promised time, yet Chanmi still hadn’t made her appearance. They had grown up together, therefore he knew Chanmi’s character very well. She wasn’t the type who would suddenly back out from an appointment without a valid reason. This made him worry that something may have happened to her.

“Oppa!”

Chanmi finally made her appearance. She wore a soft blue short sleeved blouse with a white flower motif and a black mini skirt that reached her thigh.

He swallowed down his saliva because she usually preferred casual style. Not only that, but he could see that Chanmi was wearing makeup, which made her look prettier than she usually did.

He wasn’t the only one who thought so; there were a few men who turned their heads to stare at Chanmi. It angered him a little, but he tried his hardest to maintain his smile, as he didn’t want Chanmi to see his inner turmoil.

“I’m sorry for being late, Oppa. I couldn’t find my keys. It turns out they were on the kitchen counter. How could I miss them?”

Chanmi was actually telling a lie. The real reason that she was late was because of her makeup. She seldom wore makeup, so it took a bit longer to get herself ready. She purposely wanted to look beautiful on her date with Minseok, although she understood very well that this was just an ordinary dinner between two childhood friends. Still, she was hoping that Minseok would notice her appearance tonight.

“It’s fine…”

Minseok stopped his sentence after he saw a guy continuously ogle at Chanmi. His blood boiled when the guy his lips. He quickly stood beside Chanmi before putting his arm around her waist. He turned his head and sent a dagger-like look to the guy to warn him, although he knew that he didn’t have any right to be angry when it was partly his fault for being a coward.

“Let’s go inside now.”

“Yes, Oppa.”

Chanmi was in shock, but at the same time she was happy with the sudden gesture. Maybe, just maybe tonight would be the night that her wish finally came true.

 


 

Kristina was about to bite the bread in her hand when she heard a loud rumble. She scoffed after she saw Suho quickly look away when their stares met. There was no doubt that the rumble must have been coming from him, since there was no one, not even wild animals, with them right now.

I thought he didn’t have the decency to feel embarrassed.

Suho was a prideful demon, and he didn’t show his weakness to anyone, even to his younger brother and Kyungsoo. That was why it kind of hurt his pride a little when his stomach made a rumbling sound that was loud enough to reach Kristina’s ears.

He couldn’t stop it. He had only managed to have breakfast this morning before he'd gone to the market to search for Kristina. He wasn’t a seer, thus he would never have predicted that Kristina would go inside a forest and that they would get lost. That was why he hadn’t brought any food with him. Not only that, but there weren’t even wild berries or fruits around this place that he could eat to satisfy his hunger.

His thought was interrupted when something hit his shoulder. He looked beside him. There was a piece of bread lying in ground. He quickly turned his head toward Kristina.

Kristina noticed the stare. “What are you staring at?”

She didn’t understand herself right now. Why would she pity the demon lord and give bread to him? She should have let him die in hunger as revenge for peeping at her while she was bathing!

“Thank you,” Suho said. He offered a genuine smile to Kristina.

Kristina felt her heart start beating wildly.

He looks so innocent when he’s smiling like that… Kristina, stop it! You should never associate ‘innocent’ with that erted demon lord!

 


 

Suho didn’t know how many hours had passed. He didn’t have a watch with him, since he had rushed to leave his mansion because he’d been scared that he wouldn’t be able to meet up with Kristina today.

Not only that, but he was starting to feel bored. Usually at this hour, he would either do his paperwork or read a book. Part of him regretted coming here with Kristina while another part of him was a bit happy because not only was he able to get Kristina’s name, but he also was able to spend the night with her.

He wondered if Kristina would scold him for starting a conversation with her to ease boredom, but that was a risk he was willing to take. He wanted to take this chance to get to know Kristina better.

“Hey, Kristina, I was—”

Suho stopped his words halfway when he realized that Kristina was asleep. His eyes widened slightly when he saw Kristina’s body about fall to ground. He let out sigh of relief when he managed to prevent Kristina’s body from falling all thanks to his fast reflexes. What amused him the most was that Kristina was still in deep sleep despite the movement.

She must be too tired because of the fight with the sea monster.

He was about to go back to his place when Kristina suddenly wrapped her arms around his waist.

So I’m her teddy bear now? He amusedly thought. He tried to pull her arms away, but it was proven to be useless since Kristina had a tight grip.

He let out a soft chuckle. It seems like I don’t have a choice but to continue being her teddy bear. You better not be mad at me at the morning, Kristina Wu.

That was his last thought before he closed his eyes.

 


 

Suho woke up to the birds chirping. It took him a few seconds to finally recall why he was sleeping outside and not on his bed. He also remembered that he had fallen asleep with Kristina’s arms around his waist. He looked down and saw that Kristina was still hugging him.

He took this chance to study Kristina’s features, since Kristina was still in deep sleep. He could say that Kristina’s face was quite clean, since he didn’t see any blemishes or wrinkles on her forehead. Her eyelashes were quite long, and this made him curious as to what she really looked like without the veil.

He snapped out of his thoughts when Kristina suddenly stirred from her sleep. He quickly looked away before Kristina realized that he had been staring at her while she was sleeping.

Hmm… I wonder how she will react when she sees her arms around my waist… Wait a second… Does this mean...

His lips slowly formed a smirk when he realized that they practically had been cuddling the whole night.

Kristina let out a small grunt when the sunlight hit her face. She adjusted her alpaca doll, wanting to go back to sleep… But she remembered that she had camped out at the forest last night, and she hadn’t brought her alpaca doll with her. Then what was this soft thing that she was hugging?

She cracked her eyes open, and the drowsiness left her immediately when she saw her arms hugging Suho’s waist. She quickly jumped away, avoiding Suho like he had the plague.

Why the heck am I hugging this erted demon? She thought in dismay. She could feel her blood start to boil in anger when she saw the smug smirk on Suho’s lips.

“Wipe that smirk off your lips, bastard!”

The smirk on Suho’s lips only grew bigger. “Why don’t you wipe it using your lips or something?”

“How about I just wipe it using my fist? Would you like that instead?”

Suho didn’t say anything. He just got up from the ground and dusted off his pants.

“Since you’re awake, we should get going now. Or are you planning to spend another night with me? I actually don’t mind, if that’s what you want.”

Kristina angrily stood up from the ground.

“In your dreams,” she answered before stomping away.

“I dream for a lot more than that, Kristina Wu.”

 


 

It was in the late afternoon when they finally got out of forest. Kristina immediately headed towards her home. She would either ask Yixin to cook for her if she still hadn’t gone to her clinic, or she would cook herself. She had started feeling a bit hungry, since she’d only had bread for dinner last night.

She turned around when she heard steps behind her. She let out a small groan when she saw Suho still hadn’t left. She decided to ignore him and continued walking to her house. She would just waste her time by arguing with Suho.

He’s in for a surprise if he was planning on entering my house, she smugly thought.

After fifteen minutes of walking, they finally reached Kristina’s house. Suho didn’t stop trailing behind Kristina despite the fact that Kristina was walking toward the main door.

What he didn’t expect was that Kristina had put a barrier up around her house. He wasn’t able to step a foot onto the walkway.

“Bye!”

There was a grin on Kristina’s lips. Suho was unable to see it because of her veil. She wiggled her finger, and the door closed itself, leaving Suho standing outside in frustration.

 Beta-ed by rmzcharizard


Author's note: Just imagine this how Kristina close the door. Prue is one of my favourite character and I kinda use her as inspiration for Kristina.

What do you think of xiuyeol? Leave comment below. ^.^