Chap 2

The Good, The Bad and The Undead

Beta-ed by rmzcharizard

A man raised his hammer up high and brought it down hard against the sword. He then lifted up the weapon for him to inspect his work. He was drenched in sweat, and his tank top was stained with charcoal from coal dust. He lifted his hammer once again and hit the sword again to perfect the structure. He couldn’t stop grinning when a female witch sent a wink at him as she passed by his shop.

“Is she out of her mind or something? Why would she take a liking in you?”

The man drifted his gaze to the owner of the voice. “Ahh… Kristina. What brings you to my humble shop? Aren’t you supposed to be busy hunting demons?”

Kristina threw her broken sword at the man. The man visibly swallowed a little when he saw the condition of the sword, but he managed to mask his expression.

“Oh god, what happened?” The man feigned his shock.

“Cut the crap, Henry! How dare you lie to me? You said this is the finest sword and that it can’t break no matter what! Mind explaining to me why a demon managed to break it with his bare hands?”

Henry scratch his cheek. “I think I must’ve made a mistake by giving you a low quality sword. You really can’t blame me for that. All the swords look too much alike.”

“Do I look like a three-year-old kid who would believe that? You’ve been working as a swordsmith for centuries. There’s no way that you would get two mixed up.”

“Well…”

Kristina raised her hand. “I’m not going to listen to any of your excuses. Just give me a new sword, and I’ll forget about this matter.”

“I don’t have a problem, but you have to…” Henry wasn’t able to finish his words when all the swords inside his shop pointed toward him. He swallowed down his saliva. “Of course it’s going to be free.” He let out a strained chuckle.

“You better not give me another low quality sword. Or else…”

One of the swords suddenly headed toward Henry. Henry screamed and closed his eyes in panic.

“Let this be lesson to you to not lie to me again. I’ll stop by again tomorrow. You better make sure that my sword is ready.”

Kristina then walked out from the shop, and all the swords fell down to ground the moment she stepped out the door. Henry released the breath he had been holding. The rumour was right. Kristina was indeed a very scary witch.

 


 

Kristina tapped her finger on the table. ‘The demon lord is sick, and he’s never been sick before. Demons believe that this foul play, which must mean someone wanted the demon lord dead? Why? For revenge or… Aha… I got it! When a demon lord dies, his throne is empty, and someone is surely going to replace him as new demon lord. This person must be from his family since only his family members can replace him. I should investigate among his family members, who will benefit the most after he dies. Maybe I should…’

“Jie! What did you promise me just now?”

Kristina snapped out of her thoughts. “What?”

“Don’t ‘what’ me. How could you break your promise?”

“I don’t know even what you’re talking about.”

Yixin rolled her eyes. “We’ve been friends since we were still in diapers, and I can read you like an open book despite not having the same power like you. You promised me that you would leave your work behind once you’re at home. It hasn’t even been an hour, and you already forgot about that promise!”

“I wasn’t thinking about work just now.”

Yixin snorted. “Right. Do you really think I’m going to believe that?”

“Xin… I…” Kristina tried to explain. She didn’t want her best friend angry at her again, but Yixin cut her off.

“Jie, I know the reason why you became a hunter. You want to find the demon who killed your parents, and I won’t stop you from getting revenge, but…” Yixin bit her lips. “You’re one of the important person in my life, and I don’t want something happen to you.”

Kristina pats Yixin’s hand. “Silly girl. Nothing will happen to me. I’ll be very careful during my missions.”

“I’m warning you, if you dare die in your mission, I’ll revive you and kill you again with my own bare hands.”

Kristina chuckles softly, “Yes, Xinxin. Let continue our dinner.”

“Okay, Jie.”

 


 

Two demon guards were standing in front of the gate when out of nowhere a smoke suddenly appear in front of them. Before they could do anything, their eyes slowly shuttered close, and within a second, their body fell down to the ground. A loud snore could be heard.

Kristina jumped down from the ceiling. She quickly entered the mansion before the demons realized what had happen to their friends. She wandered around the mansion while looking for any evidence that would point her to the culprit.

She stopped her steps when it hit her. She let out a small groan. Sometimes she hated her empathy power. After all, feeling others emotion wasn’t fun at all. Still, her empathy power also could alert her when someone was nearby.

She hid herself at the corner of the wall when she heard steps approaching her. She felt anxious when the steps suddenly stopped, scared that their owner might discover her. However, after few seconds, he never moved from his position, and that made her very curious.

She looked around at her surroundings, and she saw two petite demons having conversation at the hallway. One of the demons’ back was facing her, making her unable to see his face in front of his pink hair.

‘Seriously, a demon with pink hair?’ She thought.

The other demon’s hair was raven and short. He had wide eyes and heart-shaped lips. He suddenly turned his head toward her, making her quickly take a step back. Her body leaned against the wall while her heart beat wildly inside her chest. For a moment there, she thought that raven haired demon may have seen her, and that made her afraid that they had discovered her.

“Have you done it?”

One of Kristina’s eyebrows raised up after she heard that.

‘Done what?’

“Isn’t he bedridden right now? What do you think caused his illness, Hyung?”

The pink haired demon then squeezed the raven haired demon’s shoulder, “Good job. I know that I can count on you, D.O. What you want for you reward? Just name it. I’ll give it to you.”

“I don’t need any reward, Suho-hyung. It is part of my duty to serve you. However, my mate keeps pleading me to take him to visit the human world. So I was hoping…” D.O. trailed off.

Suho laughed. “The things that you’ll do for your mate, huh? Sure, no problem. I’ll let you take break for a week, and you can take your mate to human world for your honeymoon. You deserve it.”

Kristina almost laughed when she felt love and affection coming from the demon called D.O., but she quickly covered . She didn’t want them to discover her. Who ever thought that demons were also capable of loving someone.

“Hyung, it wasn’t for our honeymoon. I don’t have choice but to bring him so he finally can shut up.”

“You don’t have to pretend in front of me. We all know you care about your mate despite the fact that you treat him coldly most of time.”

D.O just kept quiet after that.

“Let’s talk serious business. I want you to commerce the plan tonight.”

“You really want me to do it tonight?”

“Yes, we can’t wait any longer. The council started to suspecting foul play, and they’re surely going to start investigating this matter soon. I don’t want our efforts to go to waste. We need to kill him tonight.”

“Fine, I’ll kill him tonight, and you finally can have what you dreamed of all these year, Hyung… Or should I start calling you Lord Suho?

Kristina gasped out loud after she heard that.

“Who is there? Show yourself.”

‘!! What am I going to do now? It may be easy for me to take down these demons, but there’s a chance it’ll alert the demons inside this mansion, and I don’t know how many there are. What am I going to do now?’

Suho then give a signal to D.O to go check it out. D.O nodded his head.

Kristina’s heart pounded like crazy inside her chest as the steps got closer to her. She gripped her small knife as she thought of way to escape without having to fight with the two demons. She finally got an idea when she spotted a human statue at the corner of the wall. She quickly pulled down the black curtain and used it to cover the statue before mumbling a spell. She smiled when the statue started to move. She then made the statue to run past the demons.

“He’s running away. Chase him.”

“Yes, Hyung.”

Kristina took this chance to run off from there. The statue can only hold them for a while before they discovered that it was actually a decoy.

She searched around the mansion for an exit when she heard steps approaching. She quickly ran toward the first room that she saw. She turned the knob and let out a curse since the door was locked. She muttered a spell again, and the door opened. She entered the room and closed the door before leaning against it as she heard the steps walk passed the room.

She look around the room. Her jaws almost dropped when she saw how big it was. It was even that bigger than her room and Yixin’s combined. The room wall was a soft blue color, which she never thought demons would like. The curtain was a grey color, which kind of matched the room. A king sized bed was placed at the center of the room, and its bed sheet was also grey, and that made her wonder if this demon’s favorite was grey.

Her thought was interrupted when she saw the doorknob turning. She ran toward the wardrobe and hid inside it. She pushed the wardrobe door open slowly to see who the room belonged to, and to her shock, it belonged to pink-haired demon from the hallway.

Why was her luck so bad today? From all the rooms, she just has to end up in his room, the one that belonged to the person responsible for the demon lord’s sickness. Well, she might as well take this chance to see his face and give this information to her superior. If she managed to escape from alive, that is.

Again, her jaws almost dropped when Suho finally turned around. She never saw a demon as breathtaking as Suho. And she couldn’t deny that his pink hair suited his pale skin.

Her eyes widened as Suho started ing his dress shirt. She couldn’t stop herself from gasping when Suho almost took it off, and she knew that Suho must have heard it since he stopped his movements.

‘Oh my God! There is something wrong with me. Why do I keep screwing up today? And what are my teammates going to think if they know how screwed up I am today? One of the best hunters, huh? I really live up to my title.’

Suho definitely didn’t hear wrongly. That gasping sound was the same as the sound from the hallway, and it was coming from his wardrobe.

“I know you’re inside. Come out now.”

Kristina threw the daggers toward Suho. She quickly took the chance to jump out from the wardrobe and run toward the door. However, before she could step out of the room, Suho managed to grab her hood and pull it. As a result, her hood fell down, and her long platinum blonde hair flowed out.

“A woman?”

Kristina took a knife out from her belt and dashed forward, attempting to stab Suho, but being gifted with fast reflexes, he managed to grab her hand and twist it behind her back, making the knife drop to the floor.

Suho thought that he finally had the upper hand, but he was wrong when Kristina suddenly grabbed his neck using his left hand and flipped him onto the floor. He fell backwards with loud thud.

‘Damn, this woman is very strong,’ he thought in dismay. His eyes widened when he saw Kristina take out another small knife from her belt. He shouldn’t have let his mind wander off just now.

Before Kristina could attack him, Suho quickly tackled her to ground. Both of them lost their balance and fell down to the ground. Suho pulled the knife from Kristina’s hand and pressed it against her neck.

“You…” He stopped when a pair of hazelnut eyes stare back at him. “Damn, you have a very beautiful pair of eyes… I never…” Before he could finish his words, he was thrown to wall behind him.

Kristina uses her telekinesis to shatter the window’s glass. She glared at Suho for the last time before jumping out from the window.

Suho groaned as he got up from the floor. He then leaned against the wall behind him before he let out a small laugh.

“Damn that woman.”


Author's note: Again, this chapter is written by me and sorry for taking so long. I just the document from my beta reader

Hope you enjoy this chapter and drop a comment. 

Thanks,

_Amy_Lea_2021