Chap 13

The Good, The Bad and The Undead

Kristina’s eyes widened when she finally realized that this pair of lips belonged to Suho. This meant that this bastard was kissing her right now! She tried to push Suho off, but he grabbed both of her wrists and tried to move them out of the way. She struggled with him for a while, but he eventually had her arms secured.

If Suho thought that she was just going to stand there and let him kiss her, he thought wrong. She raised her right knee and hit him in the place that hurt the most. She almost grinned in triumph when she heard Suho groan in pain.

Take that, bastard!

She quickly yanked herself out from Suho’s grip. She didn’t feel any remorse or pity toward Suho when she saw him kneeling down on the floor in pain.

“Let this be a lesson for you, bastard!”

She was about to leave when she felt a throbbing pain coming from her ankle. She must have accidentally sprained her ankle during her fight with the demon from earlier.

“Wait… Kristina,” Suho frantically called.

But Kristina ignored it. She turned and strode down the street. She had to bite her lips to prevent herself from groaning, because she didn’t want show her weakness in front of Suho. She didn’t realize that Suho was watching her every movement.

 


 

Kristina gargled mouthwash in before spitting it out into the sink. She took her toothbrush and started brushing her teeth. After that, she repeated the same steps again. She didn’t care if she had to do this the whole night. She needed to cleanse !

Even now, she was unable to believe that she had let that erted, arrogant demon lord kiss her.

Flashbacks of the kiss flooded her mind.

His lips were very soft, she thought, and her hand unconsciously touched her lips. Her eyes widened in shock while her cheek started turning slightly pink when she realized she was thinking that way about him.

She quickly brushed off those thoughts from her mind. There was no freaking way that she enjoyed that kiss! No way! That shameless demon lord wasn’t that good of a kisser at all! Not only that, but that jerk had even stolen her first kiss!

Yes, she admitted that she had never been kissed by anyone despite the fact she used to have a lot of admirers before she decided to cover her face. The reasons were simple. Her gege was too overprotective of her, and he would glare at any man who tried to get close to her. However, she didn’t have any interest having a lover even if her gege wasn’t around to stop her anymore.

Speaking of her gege, she needed to keep this a secret from him. Her gege was definitely going to have heart attack if he found out that his precious meimei had lost her first kiss to a demon lord.

A secret that I’ll take with me to my grave.

 


 

Yixin ignored the glare that her best friend gave to her. She did know that Kristina was angry at her for not using her power to heal her ankle.

It wasn’t that she didn’t want to, but she wanted to teach Kristina a lesson for injuring herself again even though she’d promised that she’d be more careful.

“Xin, please use your…”

Kristina’s words were cut off by Yixin’s communication device. Yixin stopped bandaging Kristina’s ankle and took out her communication device from her back pocket. Her lips curled into smile because of the new incoming message.

Kristina furrowed her eyebrows at the sight. It was weird to her because as far as she knew, Yixin was almost exactly like Kristina; neither of them were social, and neither of them had many friends. The person that sent a message to Yixin must be someone special to make Yixin smile like that.

“Who was it?” Kristina asked.

Yixin quickly put her communication device inside her back pocket.

“Just a friend,” she answered. She then continued to bandage Kristina’s ankle. Looked like she could only reply to the chat after she left Kristina’s room. She didn’t want Kristina peek at it.

“A friend that can make you smile, huh? That person must be really special.”

“Why did you rush to bathroom after coming home instead of letting me see your ankle first? You were taking quite a long time in there, too.” Yixin quickly changed the subject.

“Don’t you think that I don’t know what you’re trying to do right now.”

“Just answered my question, Jie.”

“I wanted to take bath immediately because I was uncomfortable with that all sweat and blood on my body.”

Kristina definitely wasn’t going to tell her best friend that she had been kissed by the demon lord. She didn't want Yixin to overreact and worry, and she also didn’t want Yixin to accidentally blurt it out to her gege.

Her gege might be missing in action right now, but there was still a chance that he might come back someday. She just didn’t want a repeat of last incident during their highschool days when Yixin accidentally told her gege about how a male senior had confessed to her. Let’s just say that male senior had stopped being himself after his meeting with her gege.

“Oh really? Usually you ask me to heal you even if you’re covered in sweat and blood. Why is today any different?”

Kristina narrowed her eyes. “You’re quite sly, Xin. Trying to make me talk, huh? Well, too bad. It’s not going to happen.”

Smirking, Yixin replied, “I only learn from the best, Jie.” She got up from the sofa. “I’m not going to force you, then. Good night, Jie.”

“Where are you going?”

“I’m finished with your ankle, so I’m going back to my room now. It’s getting late, and I have to wake up early tomorrow for my morning surgery.”

“You really aren’t going to use your power to heal my ankle?”

“Just take this chance to rest at home, Jie,” Yixin said before making her way out of Kristina’s room, ignoring Kristina’s whining.

She ran inside her room, which is located beside Kristina’s room. She sat down on her queen sized bed before taking out her communication device. Once again, her lips formed into a smile after she read the new message.

 

Kai: Noona, are you asleep?

Sent on 23.05pm

 

Kai: Looks like you’re asleep since you didn’t reply.

I don’t want to bother you anymore.

Good night, Noona.

Sent on 23.12 pm

 

Yixin quickly typed a reply to Kai.

 

Me: sorry for the late reply. I was inside the toilet just now.

Sent on 23.13 pm

 

She hit send with her smile still decorating her lips. This was the reason that she couldn’t let Kristina read her conversation; she knew that Kristina definitely wouldn’t approve of her befriending a demon. She wasn’t like Kristina, who hated demons, and she wasn’t going to let this opportunity of befriending a cute demon go.

After all, this was her first time meeting a demon like Kai. Most demons would act conceited or arrogant, but Kai was different. He had been acting painfully shy and awkward when he had been with her, and she’d been the one who’d made the first move by asking for Kai’s number so they could chat.

The blush that had appeared on Kai’s cheek after she had asked for his number had been quite amusing. If she could have taken picture at that time, she would have done it for safekeeping.

Her thought was interrupted by her chat’s tone.

 

Kai: I’m glad to know that.

I was scared that I may have interrupted your sleep.

But it is getting late.

Why aren't you asleep yet?

Sent on 23.15 pm

Me: I don’t feel sleepy yet.

Sent on 23.16 pm

Kai: Oh...

I can’t sleep either.

At first, I was scared to chat with you, Noona.

I don’t want to interrupt you.

But, I don’t have anyone to talk to.

Sent on 23.19 pm

Me: I don’t mind it.

I’m happy to talk with you.

Sent on 23.21 pm

Kai: You sure?

Doesn’t you have to go to clinic tomorrow?

Sent on 23.23 pm

Me: You don’t worry about it.

I only have one surgery in the afternoon

Just like I said a minute ago, I can’t sleep

Let’s chat until both of us get sleepy, okay?

Sent on 23.26 pm

 

Yixin was lying. Her surgery was actually in the morning, but she still wanted to continue to chat with Kai.

 

Kai: okay

So what we should talk about?

Sent on 23.28 pm

 

Me: How about you talk about yourself and I talk about myself?

So that we can get know each other better.

What do you think?

Sent on 23.30 pm

 

Kai: Okay.

Sent on 23.31 pm

 

Yixin then lay down on her bed. She didn’t mind to losing sleep as long as she could get know this cutie demon.

 


 

Kristina angrily shoved cereal into . Her best friend was being a jerk to her this morning. Not only that, but Yixin didn’t want to heal her ankle no matter how hard she begged her. Yixin hadn’t even prepared breakfast for her, because she had a morning surgery and didn't have time to prepare the breakfast.

So she had to eat cereal as her breakfast, but she still felt hungry. The house didn’t have any food left aside from the junk food, and with her ankle sprain, she couldn’t leave the house. Yixin did promise that she would try to come back during lunch hours.

But that wasn’t the real reason that she was mad at her best friend. The real reason was that she saw Yixin busy chatting with someone before heading to the door. When she asked about it, Yixin just gave her a secretive smile before telling her that she needed to head to her clinic. Since when did they keep secrets from each other? They used to share everything. Still, she didn’t have the right to complain, since she was also keeping a secret from Yixin.

“Hello, is anybody home?”

Kristina dropped the spoon. She recognized that male voice too well.

She headed toward her living room and ducked down before sliding up the curtain a little so she could peek outside without showing her face. She was right. That voice indeed belonged to Suho, who currently stood in the doorway.

What does this bastard want?

Suho shoved his hand in his pockets. He chuckled softly when he saw a hand slide up the curtain. There was no doubt that Kristina saw him but didn’t want to come out to meet him.

“Kristina, are you at home?” he yelled, pretending that he didn’t see anything.

Ignore him, Kristina. He definitely will leave when no one replies him.

“It like seems like nobody’s home right now. Well, I’ll just stand here and wait for her to come back.”

Suho smirked after he saw Kristina grip the curtain. Looked like his tactic worked.

Kristina cursed at Suho for wanting wait for her to come back. She didn’t want to see Suho, because last night’s incident where he… She quickly chased out that thought. However, she couldn’t let her neighbors or anyone else see Suho standing in front in her house. What would they say if any of them knew who Suho really was? She better not risk it.

She went to her room to change her short pants to a long tracksuit and put on her black veil. She wasn’t going to allow that erted demon lord ogle at her legs again. She headed to the door. She took a deep breath before opening it.

Her eyes glinted in delight when she saw the alpaca doll set that she wanted lying on top of her doormat. She would have squealed if the bastard was not currently staring at her. She quickly took the box and threw it inside her house.

“So—”

Suho’s words were cut mid sentence.

“It’s not mine. It’s my housemate’s doll.”

Suho raised his brow. “I wasn’t asking about that doll. You don’t have to give such a big reaction.”

“What are you doing here?” Kristina quickly changed the subject.

“How’s your ankle? I saw you limping last night.”

He came here because I sprained my ankle?

“Well… My housemate is a healer. She treated my ankle last night. I just can’t do any heavy duty for three or four days until my ankle fully heals.”

“I’m glad to hear that. And cute t-shirt by the way.”

Kristina used her arms to cover her body. She had forgotten that she was wearing a white t-shirt with teddy bear picture on it. She felt like punching the bastard when she heard a small laugh coming out from his mouth.

I shouldn’t have thought nicely of him simply because he came here to check on me. He’s still a jerk!

“If you don’t have anything more to say, please leave now.”

“My purpose is to check whether you’re fine or not, since you sprained your ankle last night. You seem fine to me, so I will take my leave now. Take care.”

Oh god, why is my heart beating wildly right now? Is it because of his words? No… it can’t be…

Kristina’s thought was interrupted by the sound coming from her stomach. She quickly covered her stomach using her arms. She felt relieved that Suho didn’t seem to hear it. She didn’t want that bastard to laugh at her again.

She really felt so hungry. She didn’t know whether she could wait for Yixin to come back during lunch time, and she wasn’t capable of walking right now. There was only one way.

“Wait a minute, jerk.”

Displeasure appeared on Suho’s face the moment he turned around to face Kristina.

“I have a name.”

“Yes, I know that. Lord Suho, isn’t it?”

“Then why are you calling me ‘jerk’?”

“Would you rather I call you ‘ert demon lord’? It kind of suits you, you know.”

Suho narrowed his eyes. “Why are you asking me to wait if you're the one who told me to leave and are insulting me?.”

“Can you buy food for me? As you can see, I can’t really walk, and I’m a bit hungry right now.”

Suho pointed his finger at himself as he stared Kristina in disbelief. “Did you just order me, a lord, to buy food for you?”

“You should know by now that your lordship means nothing to me, and I was asking nicely, not ordering you. You can say no. I’m not going to force you.”

“Fine, I’ll do it.”

Kristina’s eyes brightened up. “Really?”

Suho’s lips twitched a little when he saw Kristina’s reaction.

“Yes. I’ll go buy it now. Just don’t go anywhere.”

“Where can I go? My ankle is sprained, and this is my house.”

“Would it kill you to talk nicely to me?”

“Yes, it would,” Kristina replied while picking at her nails.

Suho let out a sigh. He didn't need to waste his energy by arguing with Kristina.

He was about to leave when he remembered something. He turned around again. He couldn’t stop himself from smiling when he saw Kristina doing a little dance on the porch.

This woman…

He pretended to clear his throat to gain Kristina’s attention.

Kristina’s eyes widened slightly after she realized that Suho still hadn’t left.

“Wh-why haven’t you left?”

“I want to ask what you would like to eat.”

“I eat everything.”

Suho nodded his head. “Okay, see you later.”

Kristina released the breath that she been holding after Suho left her house. She didn’t know whether she should be happy that Suho wasn’t mad at her or if she should be embarrassed that Suho had seen her dancing just now.

 

Beta-ed by rmzcharizard


Author's note: Just in case you didn't realize, Kristina kicked Suho's balls. XD

Kaixing's relationship start progressing

P.s Kristina had an overprotective older brother. Who would it be?