Chap 6

The Good, The Bad and The Undead

Kristina kicked the rock on the street angrily. She forgot to control her strength when she kicked the rock, and as result, the rock went flying until it hit a bald, bulky man’s head. She gulped when the bald man turned his head and searched around the market for the culprit.

She quickly ran out of there before the bald man realized that she was the one who’d hit him with the rock. She wasn’t a coward. She could put up a fight if she wanted to, but she was too exhausted to fight now. Today’s event had drained her energy.

She turned her head to see whether the bald man was chasing her. She let out a relieved sigh when she saw that no one was following her. What she didn’t realize was a tall, blonde man was coming toward her.

She yelped when she bumped into the man. She lost her footing, and she almost fell onto ground, but the man had fast reflexes. He quickly wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her.

“Are you okay?” The tall man asked.

“I’m fine.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” the tall man said, offering a small smile to Kristina.

“Why is your arm still around my waist? Are you trying to take advantage of this situation?” Kristina asked as she stared at the tall man suspiciously.

The tall man chuckled before he dropped his arm.

“Is this how you thank me for saving you?”

“I would have thanked you, but you were taking so long to release me from your grip.” Kristina replied.

She never changed, the tall man thought.

“I would love to continue this conversation. Too bad, I can’t. I have an urgent matter to attend to. ”

“Of course you can leave. I’m not going to stop you.”

Kristina wished that this tall man could leave as soon as possible. There was something about this man making her uncomfortable. Not only that, but she wasn’t able to feel anything coming from him.

Blank just like an empty paper.

“Be careful next time. You won’t always be lucky to have someone to save you from falling.”

The tall man’s deep voice snapped her from her thoughts. Her eyes widened in realization after she saw the smirk on his lips.

That smirk is the same as the smirk of that demon. Don’t tell me that… Oh no! He’s getting far. I must chase him. The only way for me to get my answer is to ask him directly!

 


 

Kristina followed the tall man. Finally, she could feel his aura. He was a demon after all. However, she was still unable to discover what kind of demon he actually was. The fur coat that he was wearing covered his body, making her unable to see whether the demon had a mark on his body.

She raised her eyebrows when the tall demon stopped in front a small shop at the corner of a rundown building. It made her wonder why the demon stopped there, since the shop seemed like it didn’t sell anything.

Much to her shock, the demon took out keys from his pocket before he put it inside the keyhole.

What!? This shop belongs to him?

“How about you come inside instead of standing there, Miss?”

Damn. He discovered me, Kristina cursed.  Should I escape now? It’s not like we’re going to meet again. Still, I need to know who this demon is.

Kristina sighed before she came out from her hiding place. She approached the demon.

“When did you find out that I’ve been following you?”

The demon smirked as he pushed the door open. He stepped aside to let Kristina enter his shop.

“Please come in first.”

Kristina looked around the shop. It wasn’t that big; there was small coffee table at the center of the shop with two wooden chairs placed on either side of it. Aside from those, there was a small book cabinet at the corner of the shop and a grandfather clock standing beside it.

“Would you like a drink?”

The demon’s voice snapped her out of her trance.

“I don’t want a drink. I only want answers.”

“You mean the question from before?” The demon leaned against the wall behind him with an amused smirk on his lips.

“Aside from that, I also want to know who you are.”

“Straight to the point, huh?” The demon let out small laugh, “Well, I can answer every one of your questions. However, you need to pay for it.

Kristina stared at the demon in disbelief. “What?”

“As you can see, I own this shop, and my main business is selling information to my customers. You need to pay me first before I can answer your question. So what do you say, Kristina? Are you willing to pay it?”

Kristina was a little shocked that this demon knew her name, but she tried not to show it.

“Well, I don’t have money with me right now.”

“That’s too bad. I can’t answer your questions without you paying me first,” the demon answered, his smirk still intact on his lips.

Kristian clenched her fists.

Why are all the demons that I’ve encountered today so arrogant? First that stupid soul- demon. Second, that so-called demon lord who stalked me for no reason. And now this demon, too!

“Fine. I’ll come back with the money next time. Just you wait!”

Kristina stomped out from the shop angrily. She didn’t realize that the demon was watching her fondly from his window.

 


 

Kai walked down the street with both of his hands inside his pocket. He’d just come back from meeting his informant at the bar regarding the remaining members of the rebellious group. Lucky for him, his informant managed to discover their headquarters.

With this information, he would bring his comrades to ambush their headquarters and kill every one of them. This could become a lesson to all demons. They would have to pay a huge price if they ever thought about overthrowing his older brother.

He raised his eyebrows when he saw a demon approaching him. It was three o’clock in the morning. What was this demon doing outside at this hour? He suddenly remembered the newly open bar downtown.

Maybe this demon had just come back from there, since that bar was giving out free drinks for a week to celebrate their grand opening. He would have gone there tonight, too, but he couldn’t when his informant wanted to meet him today.

He just walked past the demon. What he didn’t expect was the demon to suddenly stab his stomach.

The demon pulled out the knife. “A gift from my deceased brother.” He laughed sinisterly before he walked away, leaving Kai behind.

Kai let out a small groan as he clutched his stomach to stop the bleeding. Why was he so stupid? He shouldn’t have let down his guard. What was Suho going to think of him when he found out about this? He couldn’t bear to see it again. His older brother’s disappointed expression.

He would deal with that later on, though. The important thing that he needed now was to treat his wound before he died from blood loss. He could be considered lucky that he didn’t have to walk back to his mansion, and it was all thanks to his teleportation powers. Among his family members, only he had managed to inherit the teleportation power.

Take me to the healer, he thought. Within a second, he was gone.

 


 

There were only four showers in the room, and none of them were occupied. All her staff members had gone home, since it was getting quite late already. One of her staff members asked her to go back with him, but Yixin rejected the offer. She told him that she needed to shower first before going home. The staff member nodded understandingly and asked her to be careful.

So here she was.

She slipped into the first shower. She took off her clothes together with her underwear before throwing all of it onto the floor.

The water was burning hot and just the way she liked it. She started singing one of her favourite songs and closed her eyes when the water ran down her body, wetting her long, raven hair.

She wasn’t tall and didn't have beautiful curves like her best friend. She wasn’t going to deny that she was jealous of Kristina’s body sometimes, but she had long accepted her body’s condition.

A small sigh escaped from her lips when she recalled the heart surgery of an elderly man. During the surgery, she faced slight compilations, which explained the blood on her clothes.

It would be much easier if she could use her power, but she couldn’t. First, her clinic opened not only for witches and other magical creatures but also for humans. Second, she didn’t want anyone to discover her real power. Only her family and Kristina’s families knew about it, since both of them grew up together.

The memory of her almost getting kidnapped by a demon because of her power was still fresh in her mind. If not for Kristina who’d managed to save her before the demon could do anything, she wouldn’t know what would’ve happened to her.

All of sudden, there was a loud thump reaching her ears, and it was coming from behind her.

She stopped scrubbing her body and turned around.

Her eyes widened in shock when she saw a slightly tall, tanned skin man standing in the middle of the shower room, but what stunned her was the blood coming from the man’s abdomen.

He was injured!

“Where am…”

The man wasn’t able to finish his question, as his body fell down to the floor. The last thing he saw before he closed his eyes was Yixin running toward him.

 


 

Kai opened his eyes slowly, bit by bit. Once his vision cleared, he looked around and sat up when he realized that he wasn’t in his room. However, his body fell back down from the unbearable sore all over his body.

“Take it easy if you don’t want your wound reopened again,” a woman’s voice said softly.

He turned toward the voice. He could feel his breath stop for a second or two when he finally saw the owner of the voice. He’d had his share of girlfriends, but none of them were as beautiful as this woman who was currently standing beside his bed.

She was wearing a blue t-shirt with a black tracksuit. Her long black hair was let down, reaching her waist. Her skin was white. And not only that… He gulped a little when her lips curled into small smile. Were those dimples on her cheeks?

He quickly turned his eyes away and looked around the room for the second time. He finally realized his current location.

A hospital room.

“Why am I here?” He asked. His voice was so hoarse that even he himself couldn’t recognize it.

“You don’t remember? You suddenly came out of nowhere and fainted,” Yixin answered.

Kai’s eyes widened in realization when his memory finally came back to him. He remembered how the demon had managed to stab him in the stomach and how he’d wanted to teleport to his healer. Instead, he’d ended up in the shower room.

Wait a minute…

A blush slowly crept onto his cheek when he finally recalled what he saw before he fainted.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to see you taking a shower… I was planning to teleport myself to my healer, but I think my power must gone haywire and... Brought me to you!”

First, he didn’t know why he apologized. He seldom apologized to people even if he knew he was wrong. Second, why was he stuttering? He was always so confident when dealing with any kind of woman, but it was a different case with Yixin.

Yixin chuckled softly. “It’s okay. I'm not mad, since you didn't do it on purpose.”

Yixin wasn’t going to deny that she actually felt embarrassed, since there was a possibility that Kai may have seen her body before he lost his consciousness. She tried not to show it.

What she never expected was that Kai would feel embarrassed about it, too. It wasn't every day that she met a guy like Kai, and she was going to enjoy every second of it.

“Oh… I patched up your wound. The cut was quite big. Not only that, but you lost a lot blood, which explains why you fainted. Don’t do anything heavy until your wound has healed properly to avoid the stitches reopening again.

“Are you a healer?” Kai asked, his fingers fidgeting with each other.

“Yes, I am. My name is Zhang Yixin.”

Even her name is as beautiful as she is...

“Ermm… I’m Kai.”

“Nice to meet you, Kai.”

“Err… I need to go back now. If not… My brother will worry about me…”

“I see. Be careful on your way back, and remember what I said just now.”

“I will. Thank... You.”

Smiling, Yixin replied, “There’s no need to thank me. I’m just doing my job.”

Again, Kai was stunned by Yixin’s smile.

“Bye!”

Kai quickly teleported himself out of there while Yixin sit there with a stunned expression on her face. A few seconds later, she was finally able to process what had just happened, and she laughed.

What a weird demon.

 

Beta-ed by rmzcharizard


Author's note: A new pair has been born. 

P.s brace yourself...a love triangle is coming. XD