Chap 14

The Good, The Bad and The Undead

Kristina clicked her teeth in annoyance. She got hungrier as time passed by. An hour had passed since that erted demon lord left, yet there was no sign of him returning. What was taking him so long? The nearest restaurant was only a ten minute walk away. Surely it would only take him twenty-five to thirty minutes come back. Something then clicked into her mind.

Don’t tell me that demon lord actually tricked me and went back to the demon realm! If that’s really the case, I’m not going to show mercy when I see him again! She angrily thought while clenching her fists in anger.

“Why are you standing? Shouldn’t you sit down so you won’t put pressure on your ankle?”

Kristina jumped in shock. She rubbed her chest while mentally cursing Suho for almost making her have a heart attack. She turned around to face Suho.

“What took you so long? As far I know, the nearest restaurant is only ten minutes away, and don’t give me crap that there were too many people in line or something. If that was really the case, it would still only take you around thirty minutes to come back, not an hour!”

Kristina could feel her blood boil in anger because Suho just stood there like he didn’t do anything wrong.

“Have you finished nagging? Now it’s my turn to explain.”

How dare this bastard!

Kristina glared at Suho, but Suho ignored it.

“Yes, you’re right. There is indeed a restaurant nearby, but it was closed today. So I had to go another restaurant, which is a bit far. You can check the restaurant on your own if you don’t believe me.”

Kristina huffed. “Where’s my lunch?” she asked, trying to change the subject.

Suho raised his right arm, show the plastic bag that he was holding. His eyes widened a little when the plastic bag suddenly flew out from his hand. It took him a moment to process what happened as he stared at the plastic bag that was now in Kristina’s hands. Kristina must have used her telekinesis power to take plastic bag from him.

Kristina furrowed her brows when she looked inside the plastic bag.

“Why there are two takeout boxes? Yes, I was hungry, but not that hungry.”

“Another one is for me. I was hoping that we could eat lunch together”

“Care to repeat that again? My ears may have heard it wrongly. You want to eat lunch with me?” Kristina frowned.

“No, you didn’t hear it wrongly. I indeed want us to eat lunch together.”

“Why the freaking hell I should eat lunch with you?” Kristina rebutted.

“I’m hungry, too. I immediately came here without having breakfast first.”

Kristina folded her arms across her chest as she leaned against her house pillar. “So? How does that matter to me?”

“Well, you’re the reason that I didn’t eat anything this morning,” Suho said, stating the obvious reason.

“Are you trying to guilt trip me?”

Suho shrugged. “Maybe.”

“Too bad, it’s not a good enough reason for me to eat lunch with you. I never asked you to come here. You were the one who wanted to come here by yourself. Just go back to your mansion to eat. I bet your cook would prepare much more delicious food compared to this one,” Kristina said as she pointed the plastic bag. “But thanks.”

Suho sighed. He should have known that Kristina wouldn’t easily give in to his request. Now that Kyungsoo had come back from his trip, he felt much more at ease to leave his work to him. That’s why he didn’t want to give up this opportunity to spend time with Kristina. He’d try different tactics to make Kristina give in.

“Then I’ll just stand here until you agree. There is a chance that I may faint in front of your house out of hunger, and when people pass by, they…”

Kristina quickly raised up her hands to stop Suho from continuing his sentence.

“What a jerk,” she muttered to herself. “We can eat lunch together, but under one condition.”

“Fine with me. What’s the condition?”

“We’ll eat outside. There’s no way I’m going to let you enter my house. Who knows, you may go seek around my house.”

I’m not going to let him to find about my doll collection! I still have my pride!

Suho smirked when he remembered their first meeting.

“I’m not like you who went to sneak into some else’s house and enter his room without permission.”

Jerk! Why did he have to bring that up? It only happened only one time!

“Do you agree with my condition?” Kristina asked with a slightly irritated tone. If she knew this would happen, she would never have allowed this bastard to eat at her house. She should have let him die in hunger and throw his body into the sea.

“But Kristina, there are no tables and chairs outside your house, so how are we going to eat? Are we going to stand?”

Kristina deadpanned. “We’ll just sit down on the porch.”

Kristina was having a hard time holding herself from punching Suho when the said person grimaced.

This arrogant bastard!

“We’ll sit on the porch? Wouldn’t it be dirty?”

“Should I lay down the red carpet for you, my lord?”

“Has anyone ever told you that you can be such a ?”

“Actually, you’re the 200th person to tell me that,” Kristina sarcastically answered.

A small sigh escaped from Suho’s lips. Although he was a bit reluctant to sit on the porch, if it would allow him to spend time with Kristina, he’d take it.

“Fine, we’ll sit on the porch.”

“Good,” Kristina said. She immediately sat down on the floor and scooted a little to give space to Suho.

Suho took off his shoes before stepping onto the porch. He quickly took the plastic bag from Kristina’s hands, ignoring Kristina’s ‘Hey’. He then sat down in front of Kristina, who currently glared murderously at him, and as usual, he just ignored it.

He took out one of the takeout boxes from the plastic bag. He peeked inside it before handing it to Kristina.

“This is yours.”

Kristina quickly took it. She was a bit disappointed after she saw what was inside. It was just plain fried rice with fried egg on top of it. She wasn’t planning on complaining about it, since Suho was willing to bring it for her, and she should thank him for his effort. However, she changed her mind when Suho’s lunch box was totally different from hers.

“Why the hell does yours have meat on top your fried rice but not mine?”

“You said you’d eat anything, so that’s what I ordered,” Suho replied, as if he did nothing wrong. He shoved rice into his mouth.

“Yes, I did say that, but you could have ordered the same for me. Do you know how unfair that is?”

“Stop complaining, Kristina. You should be thankful that a lord had went to buy lunch for you.”

Kristina angrily gripped her spoon. She was going to teach this arrogant bastard a lesson!

“Oh no, my superior is coming this way! I’m screwed! He knows who you are! I can’t let him see you with me!”

“What? Where?” Suho quickly turned his head toward the road, but he didn’t see anyone. He faced Kristina again. “I don’t see anyone…” he stopped his words halfway when he saw that the meat on his fried rice had been cut into half. There was no doubt that Kristina had taken the other half of it.

“You…” Suho pointed his finger at Kristina before pointing it back at the meat.

“What?” Kristina batted her eyelashes innocently.

“Just forget about it,” Suho said in defeated tone.

Kristina smirked in triumph. She immediately started eating her fried rice.

Suho’s lips curled into smile as he watched Kristina eat.

Consider yourself lucky that I don’t want to take further action, Kristina Wu. I’m not usually this nice.

 


 

It was late afternoon when Suho finally came back to his mansion. He hummed a soft tune with his hands inside his pockets as he walked past the two guards at the main door.

The two guards then turned to each other after they were out of their lord’s sight. They wondered what or who could make their lord so happy, because it was very rare for them to see their lord acting like this.

Suho continued humming as he took out his keys. He then unlocked the door before pushing it open. He was in a bit of a shock to see Kyungsoo sitting on the sofa at the end of the room with a book in his hand.

“D.O, how did you get inside?”

Kyungsoo closed the book.

“Have you forgotten that you gave me the spare key to your room in case of an emergency? Did something happen? I could hear you humming outside this room.”

Suho took off his black coat and hung it on the coat hanger.

“What you are doing here?”

“Stop trying to change the subject, Hyung.”

“I wasn’t. I just don’t feel the need explain myself to you. Now it’s your turn to answer my question.” Suho then walked toward his wardrobe.

“I was waiting for you, Hyung. Did you forget that you had meeting with the council this morning? You didn’t show up after we waited for you almost two hours, so I came to looking for you.”

Suho cursed when he finally remembered that he had arranged a meeting with the council. He couldn’t get any sleep last night because of Kristina’s injury. As soon as the sun had risen, he had immediately jumped out of bed and had headed to Kristina’s house.

“I indeed forgot about it, Soo.”

Kyungsoo scrunched his eyebrows.

“This isn’t like you, Hyung. You’re always dedicated to your work, and you never forget meetings. You’re always the first person to arrive in the meeting room, so you can imagine my shock when I didn’t see you inside the meeting room this morning.”

Suho ran his hand through his hair. “I also don’t understand myself, Soo. So, what did the council say?” he asked before leaning against the wardrobe. Why I was worried about her? The last part was left unsaid.

“You should thank me, Hyung. I learned some tricks from my mate to create a perfect lie for you.”

Suho smirked amusedly. “What did you say?”

“I told them that you’re finally succumbing to exhaustion because you’re having a hard time accepting your beloved uncle’s death. Not only that, but that you also need to deal with the rebellions and the paperwork. Of course, the council believed it, and they even complimented you, Hyung.”

“I know that I can rely on you, but don’t tell me that you were waiting for me because of this?”

“Of course not. I’m here to discuss your coronation ceremony. Did you forget about this, too? You wanted to continue your act as a good nephew by not having a coronation ceremony immediately to respect your uncle’s death, but don’t you think it’s about time for to do so? Take this chance to show the rebellion groups their place.”

“I didn’t forget about it. I wanted discuss it with you later on, but since you’re here, let’s just get into it. I was planning to arrange it together with my birthday celebration, since my birthday is coming soon. Aside from that, I also don’t want an ordinary party. I want it a bit special this time,” Suho explained.

“What kind of party do you have in mind, Hyung?”

“A masked party. What do you say?”

“It’s up to you, Hyung. I’m not against it. Should I start arranging now?”

“Yes, you should.”

Kyungsoo got up from the sofa. He was about to leave when Suho called his name.

“Yes, Hyung?”

“Relay this invitation to the witch’s council, too. Tell them to send at least two representatives to this party.”

“Why do you want to invite the witches, Hyung?”

Suho shrugged. “Well, they should know who the new demon lord is, right?”

“I’ll do as per your order, my lord.”

Kyungsoo bowed. He then left the room.

Suho was glad that Kyungsoo didn’t see through his lie. The real reason that Suho extended this invitation to the witches because he wanted to see Kristina again. Although the chances of council choosing Kristina was very thin, he still wanted to take the chance.

 

Beta-ed by rmzcharizard


Author's note: A masked party is coming soon. So do you think Kristina will be selected to go? hehehe

Please leave down a comment what do you think of this chapter. Thanks.