Chap 3

The Good, The Bad and The Undead

“Dae, stop it,” Kyungsoo said as he gently pushed his mate who started to kissed his neck away. He sighed when his mate let out a small whine. “Dae, please try to understand. I have to go out right now.”

“Where are you going at this hour?” Jongdae suddenly narrowed his eyes. “Don’t tell me that you’re going to brothel with Kai again.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “Of course not. Suho-hyung wanted me to kill that old geezer tonight.”

Jongdae frowned as he folded his arms across his chest. “You always put Hyung as your top priority instead of me. I’m your mate, not him!”

Kyungsoo let out a sigh again. He didn’t have time to deal with Jongdae’s childish attitude. He needed to kill that old geezer before dawn. However, if he left without explaining himself first, Jongdae definitely would not let him come back into their room at night, and he didn’t want to sleep on the sofa again where the maids or guard would pass by him and give him that sympathetic look again.

“Dae, didn’t you mention before that you want to go human world? I already asked Hyung, and he gave us permission to go there for a week, but only after I kill…”

Kyungsoo wasn’t able to finish his words when his mate suddenly jumped at him.

“I love you so much!!!”

Kyungsoo couldn’t stop himself from smiling at his mate’s behavior.

“So you only love me after I said that I’m going to take you to human world for vacation?”

Jongdae hit Kyungsoo’s chest. “How could you say that?” He said before his lips formed into small pout.

Yet, he wasn’t able to stay mad at his mate for long when his mate let out a small chuckle. Among their comrades, Kyungsoo was quite well-known as one of the cold-hearted demons. He never showed mercy to anyone who had offended him. The only time Kyungsoo would let his guard down was when he was with Jongdae, and that made him happy, since he was the only person who was able to see the real Kyungsoo behind his cold façade.

“I’m going now. Don’t wait for me. Go to sleep first, okay?” Kyungsoo said while caressing his mate’s cheek.

Jongdae smirked. He leaned closer to his mate and whispered into his ear. “If you come back within an hour, I’ll ride you tonight.”

“Dae, you…” Kyungsoo stared at his mate in disbelief.

“What?”

Kyungsoo suddenly grabbed Jongdae’s neck from the back. “Prepare yourself, my love. I’ll definitely come back within 30 minutes.”

Jongdae's eyes then glint in mischief. “Ohh… I definitely look forward for it.”

 


 

Kyungsoo jumped down from the window and headed towards the bed that was placed in the corner of the grand master bedroom. An elderly man was resting in it, his breathing a bit slow. This was no surprise to the young demon, since the poison that he had secretly poured in the old man’s soup was quite strong.

Too strong.

“Wh-who’s there?” the old man spoke up, sensing the presence of Kyungsoo.

“It’s me, my lord, Kyungsoo. I’ve come to see how you’re doing.”

The old demon lord struggled to sit up and he face the younger demon, but he was quickly held down by him.

“Uh uh uh, not so fast, my lord. You need full bed rest if you want to get better.”

“Leave me be, Kyungsoo. I wish to get some fresh air. I’ve been holed up in here like a girl.”

“Oh? Is that so?”

“Yes. I would like to see Suho. I can bet my life that everything is up in chaos without me in charge.”

“But my lord, bedrestー”

“Quit blabbering such nonsense, child. I demand you let me out this instant!” The old demon lord yelled as he struggled to sit back up against the strong hands holding him down.

Kyungsoo loosened his grip and cleared his throat as he straightened out his clothes. “Whatever you wish my lord, but please, you can’t possibly go out looking  like… That.

The old demon lord raised a brow at that.

“Please, let me groom you up. You’ve grown a stubble from all that bed rest.” Kyungsoo said, pulling out a silver hand razor. 

He led the demon lord to the leather chair in front of the fireplace of the grand room, the fireplace being the only source of light.

He quickly threw a white silk sheet around him and tied it snugly behind his neck. He grabbed a mix of shaving cream and began to spread and lather it onto the demon lords wrinkled face.

“Oh how splendid you will look after this.” Kyungsoo’s voice echoed in the room, sounding much too deadly.

He began humming to himself as he lightly shaved the old man clean. Once he was finished, he raised a hand mirror to the old man’s face.

“Look how much better you look now,” Kyungsoo said as he caressed the wrinkled cheeks. He felt them rise a bit from the obvious small smirk that was forming on the demon lord's lips. “Too bad no one will get to see you and my fine work,” Kyungsoo sneered as he dragged the silver razor deeply through the old demon lord’s wrinkled neck.

Blood began spewing and dripping down everywhere. The once pure white silk cloth was now stained with the spreading blood. The demon lord let out a few incoherent chokes as he tried to get whatever words he could out, but it was no use. He was drowning in his own blood. His own poisoned blood.

“Goodnight my lord. Pleasant dreams. May we never meet again.”

 


 

The next morning, the mansion was in chaos after a maid had discovered the lord’s dead body. The maid was taking breakfast to the lord when she saw the gruesome scene. She managed to let out a loud scream before fainting on spot. It seemed like she was traumatized by this whole event.

The lord’s bodyguard quickly informed this discovery to Suho. Suho masked his emotion well as he listen the bodyguard’s words one by one, but deep inside, he was happy with this news. Finally, he was able to achieve what he had dreamed of all these years.

“Sir, are you okay? You look a bit pale.”

“I’m fine. It is just that I was overwhelmed by my uncle’s death. It was only yesterday when I was having conversation with him, but now…”

“Please take it easy, sir. We need you to guide us now that our lord had died.”

“You don’t have to worry about me. I need some time to accept this news,” Suho said while patting the guard’s body. “The first thing we need to do now is to bury my uncle’s body.”

“You’re right, sir. I’ll immediately see to that.”

“Thank you,” Suho said as he patted the guard’s shoulder.

Don’t blame me, old man. If only you weren’t so stubborn, I wouldn’t have done this.

 


 

Kristina knocked on the door before her superior asked her to come in. When she stepped inside the room, Minseok was having conversation with an elderly woman on the screen monitor.

He then gestured to Kristina to sit down first. She sat down on the chair while waiting for Minseok to finish his conversation.

“I understand, madam. I’ll inform this news to my subordinates and ask them to be more alert. Have a good day, madam.”

Minseok then turned off the screen.

“What had happened, ge?”

“I just received news from higher up. The demon lord had died. His killer slit his throat, and he died because of blood loss. Since he didn’t have an heir from his marriage, his nephew is going to replace him as the new lord.”

“I knew it!” Kristina yelled out. She quickly covered after she realized her mistake.

! Minseok-Ge shouldn’t know about last night!

Minseok narrowed his eyes. “What did you do?”

“What make you think I did something?” Kristina asked while batting her eyelashes innocently.

“Cut the act. I know you too well.”

Kristina raised her hands in surrender. “Yes, I admit that I had gone against your order again. I had secretly snuck into the deceased lord’s mansion last night.”

“Kristina!”

“What? I was curious about who was responsible for the deceased lord’s sickness.”

Sighing, Minseok said, “Why are you so stubborn? Have you heard that curiosity kill the cats?”

“Technically, cats have nine lives so…” Kristina stopped her words halfway when Minseok she saw glare at her. “Fine, I’ll shut my mouth now,” she said as she zipped .

“So what have you discovered last night?”

Kristina’s eyes gleamed in delight. “You won't believe what I heard last night. Turns out that a demon named Suho had ordered his subordinate to kill the deceased lord, and I suspect that he is the deceased lord’s nephew.”

Minseok tapped his fingers on the desk. “I see. I’ll relay this information to the higher up.”

“That’s all? We aren’t going to catch him or something?” Kristina asked. There was slight disappointment in her tone.

Minseok let out another sigh. “Listen to me and stay out from this matter. Let the demons deal this by themselves. Not only that, but we don’t know the new lord’s strength or his personality. The last thing we want is to create a war with demons.”

“I understand,” Kristina replied. Her lips slowly formed into small pout. She was a bit disappointed that Minseok didn’t want to investigate this matter further, but what could she do? She had to obey her superior’s order.

“You better…”

Minseok wasn’t able to finish his words when Chanmi suddenly barged inside the room.

“Oppa!”

The smile on Chanmi’s lips died down when she saw Kristina inside the office.

“Oh… Hi,” she greeted coldly.

Here we go again, Kristina thought. She stood up from the chair.

“I’ll take my leave now, sir.”

Kristina bowed before she headed toward the door. She sneaked a
glance at Chanmi and Minseok, and she couldn’t stop from giggling when Chanmi wrapped her arm around Minseok’s while Minseok try to push her away.

“What an interesting pair.”

 


 

“Congratulations, Hyung!” Kai said as he raised his glass.

A smirk played on Suho’s lips. “Thank you, Kai-ah,” Suho said before clinking his glass with Kai’s.

“You’re welcome, Hyung,” Kai replied. He wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo, who was sitting beside him. “This all thank to you, D.O-hyung. If not for your hard work, Suho-hyung wouldn’t able to achieve his dream.”

“I’m just doing my job.”

“Oh, come on, Hyung. You don’t have to so humble.”

“Kai is right. Enjoy yourself tonight, D.O,” Suho said before taking a sip from his glass of red wine.

“Talking about that, I’ve prepared something special for you, Hyung.”

Suho raised his eyebrows amusedly, “Oh, what is it?”

Kai smirked as he clapped his hand, and a middle aged lady came in with three belly dancers.

“Good evening, Lord Suho, Kai-ssi and D.O-ssi. As per Kai-ssi instructed, I bring my three best dancer for today’s performance,” the middle aged lady said.

“I know that I can rely on you, Madam Lilian. You definitely deserve a reward. What do you think of 100 golds?

“Thank you, Kai-ssi! I appreciate it!” Madam Lilian said in full enthusiasm. She was glad that Kai had chosen her club among all the famous clubs in the demon realm. With this money, it was enough for her to live for a month without relying on the income from her club.

“I shouldn’t stay any longer. I’ll take my leave now. Please enjoy your night.” Madam Lilian bowed before she turned around to face her girls.

She whispered something to a tall girl, who was wearing a soft blue dance costume with half of her face covered by a veil in a same colour. The girl’s eyes widened slightly at what Madam Lilian whispered before she nodded her head. Madam Lilian then walked out of the room.

The three dancers started dancing while the three of them watched, occasionally take a sip from their glass. The dancer wearing the soft blue outfit headed toward Suho, swaying her hips seductively while her friends went to their respective partners. Suho raised his eyebrows amusedly as the dancer got closer to him and straddled his lap, making his eyes widened slightly, but he did nothing to push her away.

“Lord Suho,” the dancer purred seductively.

Suho was unresponsive.

The dancer’s lips jutted out a little at Suho, who up until now hadn’t even bothered to spare her glance. However, that didn’t mean she was going to give up. After all, she was one of popular dancers in this club.
Aside from her dancing skills, no man was able to refuse her charm, which was the reason why her boss wanted her to be the one who seduced Suho.

“Lord Suho, why are you so cold toward me? Have I done something unpleasant to you?”

Suho didn’t reply to that question. He knew what the dancer was trying to do. Ever since the news of him becoming the new lord got out, most demons never stopped throwing themselves at his feet, hoping to gain a favor from him. It annoyed him, but he still couldn’t deny that he enjoyed every second of it.

The dancer ran her hand slowly from Suho’s neck to his chest, and she yelped in shock when Suho grabbed her arm. Suho then grabbed her chin and raised her head. There is a smirk playing on his lips.

“You’re such a…”

Suho froze when the face that he was staring at suddenly changed into the face of the witch who had trespassed his room two days ago.

He shook his head, but the face remained the same.

“Lord Suho?”

He snapped out of his trance. He quickly pushed the dancer off his lap, making her yelp in shock.

Kai stopping making out with the dancer on his lap and turned toward the scene. Before he could ask, his brother already marched toward the door. There was definitely something wrong with his brother.

He asked the three dancers to leave. At first, they were hesitant to leave, since they were scared that their boss would have their heads for offending their biggest customers, but after Kai ensured them that they had done nothing and that he would still pay for their service, they agreed to leave the room.

Kyungsoo sighed in relief after the three dancer left. He wasn’t interested in any of the dancers and had only shown up to accompany Suho and Kai. Call him whipped, but he didn’t want to betray Jongdae’s trust.

“Hyung, don’t you think Suho-hyung’s behaviour is weird?” Kai asked Kyungsoo. “He never said no to any female demons that offered to spend night with him before. But he suddenly pushed that dancer off his lap just like that.”

“He indeed behaved a bit weirdly just now, but you know your brother. He doesn’t like to share his problems with us. Thus, there’s nothing we can do. Let just hope that whatever problem he’d facing isn’t that big.”

Sighing, Kai replied, “I suppose you’re right.”

 


 

Suho was a mess. He looked tired and a bit pale, and there were bags underneath his eyes. He been losing sleep because every time he closed his eyes, that pair of beautiful eyes would appear in his dream. Not only that, but that pair beautiful eyes also kept haunting his mind, making him unable to focus on his work, making his workload become pile up as he couldn’t finish the documents on time.

“My lord, are you alright? You looked a bit pale, and there are bags underneath your eyes,” a red-haired demon with two horns on his head asked asked.

“I’m fine,” Suho answered, his eyes never leaving the document in front of him.

“Is D.O taking a leave for a week giving you hard time? If you want, I’m here…”

The demon stopped his words halfway when Suho slammed his hand on his desk.

“I’ll very much appreciate it if you leave me alone now and let me focus on my work,” Suho said in very menacing tone. He was too tired to deal with this right now. He needed to finish these important documents quickly so he could get the rest that he needed.

“I’m sorry, my lord. I’ll take my leave now.”

The two-horned demon turned around and was about to leave the office when Suho’s voice stopped him.

“Wait a minute. There’s something that I need to ask.”

“What it is, my lord?”

“There’s someone that I need to find, but I don’t have any of that person’s personal detail. Do you know how I can find this person?”

“Why you looking for this person? Has he or she person accidentally offended you, my lord? Do you want me…” The demon’s word were cut off again when Suho glared at him. The demon gulped. “I’m sorry, my lord.” The demon bowed in apology. “Well, there is this man that I think can help you. He sells informations for a living.”

Suho raised his eyebrow. “And where can I find this man?”

 

Beta-ed by rmzcharizard


Co-author's note: I'm very happy that the previous chapter was well received and I hope all of you will enjoy this chapter too.

New character is going to appear on the next chapter. Please anticipate for it.

See you in next chapter.