Chap 12

The Good, The Bad and The Undead

“Ge, can you stop asking me to come here using the intercom? Why can’t you call me using the communication device? Do you know how embarrassed I was? Our teammates must have thought that I did something wrong again.”

Kristina then huffed angrily because Minseok wasn’t paying attention to her. His eyes were glued to computer screen while his fingers were busy typing.

“Ge!”

Minseok finally turned to face her.

“Ohh… you finished nagging?”

Kristina sent daggers to Minseok, but he just ignored them.

“To answer your question, it’s much faster to call you by the intercom, and it’s partly your fault why your teammates think that.”

“Did you call me here to say that?”

“Of course not. I have a new mission for you.”

Kristina’s eyes brightened a little. Lately, there have been no new missions for her, and she’d had to patrol alone around their city and the villages nearby. It wasn’t that she disliked patrolling, but she was the type who loved action rather than doing nothing.

“Three girls have died quite recently. The first victim’s body was discovered in the river while the second victim’s body was discovered a few feet away two days after. The third victim’s body was discovered in the parking lot of a famous club uptown. Not only that, but all the three girls had their blood drained from their bodies. Looks like the murderer throws their bodies after taking their blood.”

“Could it be the work of a vampire?”

“That’s what I thought, too, but the forensic report said that there were no punctures on their necks.”

“Then what kind of demon aside from vampires need human blood?”

“If I knew, I wouldn’t be asking you to investigate. There are still many kinds of demons that we haven’t discovered yet.”

Kristina’s mind wandered to Tao. A week had passed since that night, yet Tao’s words still bothered her. She had been doing an investigation on her own while patrolling, but she still couldn’t figure out when they’d met before.

She wasn’t going back to Tao’s shop because of this matter. Before this, she hated reading others feelings, but now that she wasn’t able to read Tao’s feeling, it was making her very uneasy.

“Kristina.”

“Yes, Ge?”

Minseok shook his head. “You were angry at me for not paying attention to you. Now you’re doing the same thing.”

“I’m sorry, Ge.”

“It’s okay. What I was saying just now was that those three victims were working at the same club where the third victim’s body was found. Thus, I want you to go undercover as a waitress.”

“That’s fine with me. When can I start?”

“I still haven’t finished talking yet. You see… that club is popular because they change their dress theme every two weeks. Their theme for this week is Red Riding Hood based on the book from the human realm.”

“I just have to wear their uniform and pretend to be a waitress, right? What’s so hard about that?”

“It’s a very scandalous uniform. This is also part of the charm to attract the customers, especially the male customers.”

Kristina groaned. “You gotta be kidding me. Can you find someone else to do it?”

“I’m sorry, Kristina. All of them already have their missions, so no one is available right now except you. I know this is hard for you, but think of the girls who have been killed, and most likely this will not be last.”

Minseok felt a bit guilty for lying to Kristina, since Chanmi also didn’t have any mission right now. However, there was no way he would let Chanmi wear that revealing uniform.

“The alpaca limited edition set.”

Minseok rolled his eyes. “Seriously?”

“I’m sacrificing my dignity for this mission. Don’t you think I deserve a reward?”

“Fine, I’ll buy it for you. However, you’ll only get it after you finish this mission.”

Kristina grinned.

“Deal.”

 


 

Kristina gritted her teeth when a male customer slapped her . This was the third time it happened. How she wished that she could punch this man’s face for touching her, but she couldn’t do so, since she was on mission right now.

She was a little regretful for taking this mission in the first place, since she had already predicted that this would happen to her. Her skirt actually wasn’t that short. But because she was taller than most of girls, her skirt only reached her thighs, showing her long legs to others.

Not only that, but she couldn’t use her veil while working, thus she had to take it down, and she didn’t even use a spell to change her face.

How could she have forgotten that her face used to attract many men before she decided to cover it? She only used a spell to change her hair color from platinum blond to a dark shade of brown, and it was too late now. She could only hope that she’d be able to catch the killer soon.

She shuddered in disgust when a male customer winked at her.

Since I’m the red riding hood, does this mean all the male customers are a bunch of wolves?

She took out her communication device from her pocket when she heard it ring. She quickly dashed to the washroom after she saw that it was Minseok calling.

She locked the door and answered the call. A few seconds later, Minseok’s face appeared on the screen. Minseok raised his eyebrows when he saw Kristina’s expression.

“What with that solemn expression? Did something happen?”

“Someone definitely is going to die tonight if another male customer slaps my again.”

Minseok sighed. He wondered if he had made a correct decision in choosing Kristina to do this undercover mission when he already knew very well about her temper. But what choice had he had?

“Then you shouldn’t have chosen such a beautiful face in the first place. You already attract quite enough attention with that uniform.”

I can’t tell him that this is my real face.

“My potion backfired. I wasn’t expecting this result,” Kristina lied.

“Try to be patient, okay? You don’t have to do this job anymore once you discover our killer.”

“Oppa, dinner is ready!”

Minseok mentally cursed. The truth finally leaked out, and judging by the murderous glare sent by Kristina, she was definitely angry.

“That’s Chanmi-ssi’s voice, right? What is she doing there? Didn’t you tell me that all of them already had missions, and that that’s why you choose me for this mission?”

“Look… I can explain…”

“Dinner at a five star restaurant.”

“Kristina!”

Kristina grinned. “Either that, or I’ll just walk away from here. Chanmi-ssi can always replace me. I bet the male customers will definitely like that.”

“Okay, fine. Can you go continue your job now?”

“Thank you so much. You can tell me directly that you don’t want Chanmi-ssi wearing this uniform instead of lying to me. Still, I’m glad that you and Chanmi-ssi made up. You should take this chance and confess, okay?”

“What do you mean by...”

Kristina quickly turned off the screen. She jumped a little when she heard screams coming from outside the washroom. She wondered what was going on and decided to go check it out.

She raised her eyebrows when she saw all the waitresses gathered at the walkway to the entrance. She covered her ears when the screams got louder. Her eyes widened slightly. She recognized the group of men that just entered this club. It was none other than Suho and his companions.

“Oh my god, Lord Suho changed his hair color. It suits him well!” said the girl that was standing behind Kristina.

Kristina rolled her eyes at that. What kind of demon dyes his hair pink? And no, it doesn’t suit him at all.

“It is me, or he is getting hotter?” said another girl who was standing beside her.

That smug face still looks the same to me.

“Lord Suho, let me have your baby!”

Kristina grimaced.

What the heck… Is he this popular?

A clap made all the waitresses turn their heads; it was the manager of this club’s. The manager was a female demon and wore thick makeup on her face. Her uniform was the standard uniform: a dark suit and a pencil skirt of the same color. Her hair was tied into bun.

“Girls, stop bothering Lord Suho and come here.”

The waitresses let out small sighs before heading to their manager. Kristina wondered what the manager needed from them.

“Who wants to serve Lord Suho?”

Kristina gritted her teeth when the girls started screaming again.

“Quiet down! I’ll choose instead.”

… I should leave now before she chooses me.

The manager studied all the girls that stood in front her while tapping her chin as she thought about who she should choose this time. Her eyes caught Kristina, who was about to run inside the staff room.

“The tall girl with two pigtails. You’re the one who’ll serve Lord Suho and his friends.”

Kristina stopped her movement and mentally cursed. She was left with no choice but to accept it. She couldn’t let that erted, arrogant demon lord blow her cover when she still hadn’t caught the killer yet.

My night is just getting worse.

 


 

“Dae, can you sit on the sofa instead of my lap?”

“No, your lap is very comfortable right now.”

“Dae, please?”

Jongdae jutted out his lips. “Why? You don’t like it when I sit on your lap?”

“Of course that’s not it, honey. My legs are just a bit cramped.”

“Fine.”

Jongdae got off off his mate’s lap and sat down on the sofa. The pout of his lips was getting bigger.

Kyungsoo saw it. He put his arms around Jongdae’s waist.

“It’s just for only a while. Let my legs rest first, okay?”

“Hyungs, please no PDA when we’re with you,” Kai said while grimacing.

“You’re saying that because you’re jealous that no one wants to sit on your lap.”

Kai choked on his saliva when the image of Yixin sitting on his lap appeared in his mind.

“What’s wrong? Are you in pain or anything?” Suho asked.

“Nothing, Hyung. I’m fine.”

Suho nodded, although he could see that his brother was acting weird. He didn’t want to push his brother too much and further strain their relationship. Well, it was partly his fault for acting too strict toward Kai. He only wanted what was best for Kai, since their parents had died long ago.

Knock.

“Ahh… it must be the waitress. I wonder who the lucky lady that will serve us tonight is,” Jongdae said.

“I don’t mind anyone as long as the waitress is pretty,” Kai replied.

A tall girl with her back facing them entered the room while holding a silver tray. The girl immediately went to the table. She knelt down and started putting down their drinks on the coffee table.

Jongdae pinched Kyungsoo’s stomach after he saw that his mate never took his eyes off the waitress. His mate grinned before he whispered something to Jongdae, causing Jongdae to giggle in delight.

Kai shook his head at the couple. There was no doubt that Kyungsoo had whispered something to Jongdae. The couple’s life was quite well known. Even their maids and butlers knew about it.

He turned to look at the waitress. This was weird. Usually the waitresses that served them wouldn’t stop batting their eyelashes or smiling seductively at them. However, it was different with this waitress. Never once did she raise her head up.

“Hey, you, raise your head up.”

Kristina nervously bit her lips. Her plan was now ruined. She was planning on running out of this room without any of them seeing her face.

“Didn’t you hear what I said? Raise your head up!”

“Kai, control your temper,” Suho said, reprimanding Kai.

“Sorry, Hyung. It’s weird that she’s not showing her face. It’s like she’s hiding something from us.”

“Now that you mention it, this waitress indeed never raised her head up.” Suho turned to face the waitress. “You better do what my brother ordered you to do.”

Kristina took a deep breath. She raised her head up slowly, praying that nothing bad would happen to her.

The men inside the room were a bit stunned when they saw the waitress’ face. The only thing that came into their minds was ‘damn, she is very beautiful’.

“Can I be excused now?”

Suho’s lips curled into a smirk, and she didn’t like it one bit. That smirk always meant something not good was going to happen.

“Come here.”

Kristina groaned, wondering what this erted demon lord wanted from her. Still, she didn’t have a choice but to go closer to Suho. Much to her chagrin, Suho suddenly pulled her to sit on his lap. She tried her best to maintain a smile, although what she wanted to do right now was to get up from Suho’s lap. What was worse was that this erted demon lord even dared to put his arm around her waist.

“Hey, beautiful. How about you give me a ?”

Kristina thought of a million ways that she could kill Suho.

“I’m sorry, my lord. I don’t think that is part of my job description.”

“This is your lord asking for a dance, and you’re not going to give him one?”

Do I look like I care that you’re a lord or not? No, I don’t!

“Once again, I apologize. I don’t know how to dance, and I don’t want to embarrass you and myself in front everybody.’

“If that’s the case, how about give me a private instead?”

Before Kristina could answer that question, Suho suddenly dragged her out from the room while his brother and his companions could only watch in shock.

 


 

“Let go of me!” Kristina yelled as she tried to yank her arm away, but Suho’s grip was stronger than she thought.

Suho quickly opened the door to a room and pushed Kristina inside the room. While Kristina was stumbling, Suho locked the door behind him with a click.

“Confess now.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I know who you are, Kristina. Those eyes of yours, I’d recognize them anywhere.”

What? He recognizes me by my eyes? Are my eyes that special?

“So are you still going to pretend that you aren’t Kristina?”

“Since you know who I am, that means I can do this.”

Kristina kicked Suho’s right knee. She grinned in triumph when Suho yelped in pain.

“What the , Kristina?” Suho asked as he rubbed his knee. Damn, this woman kicks so hard.

“Touch me again, it will not be just a simple kick.”

Suho raised his hands in surrender. “Fine, you win. Is this your face behind the veil?”

“I’m not stupid enough to use my real face while undercover. There is always a potion for that.”

Suho looked disappointed. “Too bad. You look so beautiful with this face.”

This wasn’t Kristina’s first time hearing a compliment about her face. She used to hear it all the time before she decided to cover her face, but why did Suho’s words make her heart pound hard in her chest?

“So what are you doing here wearing that kind of uniform?”

Suho gritted in his teeth when he finally saw what Kristina was wearing. He wasn't going to deny that Kristina looked y and hot with this uniform, since the skirt reached her thighs and showed her long legs. The red hood also complimented her skin quite well. However, the thought of other males seeing it, too, made him angry.

 (Author's note: Just imagine this is what Kristina wearing.)

“You think I want to wear this? I’m on mission right now. Three waitress from this club have been killed. There’s a chance the killer may be one of the customers.”

“Next time, reject it if the mission requires you to wear something like this.”

“Who do you think…”

Kristina was cut off from her argument when she heard a scream.

“Is that a scream?”

Suho felt weird when Kristina didn’t answer him. He looked to his side and let out a small groan when he realized that Kristina had already left the room.

This woman...

He ran out from the room, hoping to catch up with her. He was a bit too late when he saw Kristina run down the stairs. He quickly chased her, but much to his dismay, his so called fangirls started crowding him.

He tried to push his way out before he lost sight of Kristina, but the girls kept screaming and pushing each other.

“Let me through!”

All the girls immediately stopped screaming, and they gave way to Suho. No one inside this club dared to mess with the demon lord, as they already knew the consequences of doing so.

Suho looked around the club and mentally cursed. There were many people inside the club, making him unable to spot Kristina at all. He decided to ask these bunch of girls whether they saw Kristina a few moments ago instead of wasting his time searching her.

“Anyone of you saw a tall waitress? Her hair was tied into a pigtail.”

Most of the girls shook their heads, which made him frustrated. Looks like he didn’t have a choice but to find her by himself. He hoped that he’d able to find her before something happened to her.

He was about to leave when a petite waitress raised her hand up.

“I… think… I saw her go to the back a few minutes ago,” said the girl.

“I’ll reward you for this.”

Suho then ran toward the back door. He was glad that no one inside the club dared to stop him. He opened the door and look around the alley. He sighed when he didn’t spot Kristina in the alley aside the dustbin.

He stepped out from the club, deciding to investigate first before thinking of his next plan. He stopped his steps, and his eyes widened slightly when he saw a girl laying down on the ground. He approached the body while his heart beat wildly inside his chest. He hoped that this body wasn’t Kristina’s.

Before he could turn the body, Kristina suddenly was being thrown into a wall.

“Damn witch. How dare she disturb me when I’m about to get my precious blood?” A man walk toward Kristina, who still hadn’t gotten up from the floor. “Should I end you now?”

“Leave her alone.” A dark tone crept into Suho’s voice, indicating that he was really mad now. His eyes were darkened, and his nails grew long. A mark slowly crept up from his arms to his face.

The man turned his head. His eyes widened in realization after he recognized Suho.

“Lor-Lord-”

The man was cut off as Suho’s fist came in contact with his eyes. Before the man could register what happened, Suho grabbed the man by his throat, squeezing his neck.

Kristina got up from the ground. She let out a small groan after the throbbing pain hit her head. She raised her head up when she heard a loud thud. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw Suho throw the demon into the dustbin.

Suho wasn’t done yet. He immediately grabbed the back of the man’s head and squashed it on the ground before kicking him in the ribs.

Kristina gaped in mortification, frantically looking around for anyone to stop this. Too bad, they were in dark alley behind the club. It would hard for anyone to see or hear them.

Suho was about to take the man’s arm off; his cries of pain and fear did nothing to ignite pity inside him. His eyes changed back into his normal colour only for a second before they changed back to black. At this moment, he wasn’t the same person anymore. He was a completely different demon who wanted to relish the pain from his victim.

Pale arms wrapped around his waist, and a warm body pressed against back. Just like that, the tension left his body, and he felt calm.

“Stop it. He’s already dead.”

Suho dropped the man’s arm and took a step back from the body, turning fully to face Kristina, who immediately removed her arms.

Kristina didn’t say anything after that. She couldn’t understand why she did that. It seemed that her body moved on its own.

She was about to leave when Suho’s voice stopped her.

“Aren’t you supposed to thank me for saving you?”

She gritted her teeth at that. She was super dead tired right now. All she wanted to do was go home and get the rest that she needed. However, she knew how persistent Suho could be.

“Thank you. Satisfied now?”

Suho grabbed her arms. She wanted to yell at him for touching her again, but her words were cut off when a pair of lips pressed against her own.

 

Beta-ed by rmzcharizard


Author's note: someone is having death wish. XD

(This how suho entered the club)

P.s A shameless advertising from me. Please give a support to my two new fanfic. 

Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1225399/love-between-us-mpreg-krisho-bottomkris & http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1239997/save-the-last-song-for-me-boyxboy-baekyeol-bottomyeol