Chap 8

The Good, The Bad and The Undead

Kristina stopped by the convenience store to buy food and drinks before going inside the forest. She didn’t know how long she’d be inside the forest, and she didn’t dare to eat wild fruits from the forest, since she was afraid that the fruits were poisonous. Thus, it was better for her to take food and drinks with her.

She was putting the bread inside the basket when she felt it. She frowned a bit, since she recognized the feeling.

Is this the reason I’m feeling uneasy today? Because of him?

She let out a small sigh. She thought that by telling him her name, the demon lord would stop following her. She was wrong, and it made her wonder what else this demon lord wanted from her.

She quickly paid for the things she had put in her basket before stepping out of the store. She scoffed when she saw Suho hiding behind the tree.

How pathetic. Hiding behind a tree, she thought as she approached the demon lord.

 


 

Suho’s eyes roamed inside the market. He grumbled when the person that he was waiting for still hadn’t made her appearance. After following her for a week, Suho roughly figured out her schedule. She usually would stop by the market at this time to buy food or fruits before going back to her witch hunter station. So why hadn’t she appeared yet? Was she not going to show up today?

Just the thought that she wasn’t going to show made him disappointed. He’d had to dump all his paperwork onto Kyungsoo, even though he’d known that Kyungsoo must have been tired from his trip. He hadn’t had a choice, since he hadn’t been able to focus on his paperwork because of that witch. That’s why he’d come here.

He decided to wait another hour. If she didn’t make her appearance by then, he’d go back his mansion. That didn't mean he was giving up. He would definitely keep going to her until he got her name.

His eyes lightened up a little when he saw her step out from a small convenience store. She’d gone with a slightly casual look: a pair of black leather pants, combat ankle boots, a black dress shirt, and a grey hood that covered her head. Her long platinum hair was let down as opposed to the usual ponytail. She was holding a sword with her left hand while her right hand was holding a plastic bag.

 (A/N just imagine this is Kristina's outfit)

He wasn’t going to deny that she still looked stylish in that outfit. But, what made him the most curious was the veil that covered her face. He was very curious as to why she wanted to cover her face. Was she ugly or something to the point where she had to cover her face?

No, it can’t be. Someone who has a pair beautiful hazelnut eyes can’t be ugly.

“What are you doing hiding behind the tree? Are you looking for a new victim?”

Damn, I must have been so deep in my thoughts that I didn’t realize she was approaching me.

Suho looked up.

“I was waiting for you.”

“Why? I don’t owe you anything.”

“I didn’t get to hear your name properly that day.”

“It’s not my problem if you have hearing problem.”

This was weird. If another person dared to talk to him that way, he would have killed that person on the spot. Yet he didn’t feel angry toward Kristina for being rude to him. Not even a little bit. Just what was wrong with him?

“I don’t have hearing problem. Coincidentally, a horse carriage was passing by, making me unable to hear your name.”

“So what? It’s still not my problem.”

Suho groaned. “It’s just a name. Why is it so hard for you to tell me your name?”

I should ask the same to you. Why is it so important for you to get my name? Kristina thought as she glared at the demon lord. Even now she was still having a hard time processing that this demon actually a demon lord, and she was wasting her precious time arguing with him.

“Look, I don’t have time to entertain you. I have an important job to do right now.”

Kristina turned around.

“Wait a minute! I haven’t finished yet.”

Suho was too late, though, and Kristina already started walking away from him. He groaned again when Kristina got further and further. He wasn’t going to give up that easily; he definitely would get her name. He quickly shifted into a bird before flying off.

 


 

Kristina had been searching around the forest for any clues for hours, but she didn’t manage to discover anything that would lead her to the one responsible for the missing villagers. She did go to the spot where they had found the dead body, but it was a fruitless effort because she wasn’t able discover anything aside from the dried blood on the grass.

She decided to continue her search until late evening, since it would be hard to find clues at night. She was hoping that she would be able to find something by then. If not, she would have to come back again the next day, and she didn’t want that to happen. She doesn’t want to waste her time when she had better things to do.

Maybe she could ask… She wasn’t able to finish the thought, as her body suddenly fell into a hole. She cursed aloud after she realized that she had actually fallen into mud.

I’ll never ignore my senses again when it tells me that something bad is going to happen to me.

She was about to climb out from the hole when a hand suddenly pulled her out.

She wiped the mud from her eyes to see the person that had rescued her. At first she thought it had been one of the villagers, but she was wrong when she finally got a better look at the person who’d saved her. It was none other than Suho.

“Are you okay?”

Kristina pulled her arm from Suho’s grip. “You again! Why you can’t stop following me?”

Doesn’t he have anything better to do than follow me? Like lead his realm or something like that?

“Wow… You’re quite rude. Don’t you know how to thank people after they save you?”

“I’m only rude toward demons, especially the kind like you.”

“Look, Miss, I…”

“I’m going to go clean myself now. You stay put.”

Suho stood there in disbelief. Again, this witch left him behind without even waiting for him to finish his words. He could feel his patience slowly reaching his limit.

Why is it so hard just to get a name from her?

 


 

“That stupid demon lord. Who the hell does he thinks he is? Does he thinks being a demon lord gives him the right to follow me around?”

Kristina stopped in her tracks when she saw a lake in front of her. She could just use magic to clean herself from the mud, but she felt slightly against the idea, since it had been a long time since she’d last taken a bath in a lake. The water was also very clear and clean, and it very tempting.

Not only that, but she was inside a forest, and there was no one around right now. Thus, it would be such a waste if she let this chance go. However, she hesitated a bit when she remembered the demon lord whom she had left behind.

I don’t think he would dare to do something this immoral. If he does, I don’t care if he is the demon lord! I definitely will gouge his eyes out!

She wouldn’t let Suho ruin this for her. She’d have some fun first before continuing her search. She quickly took off all her clothes and folded them, putting them at the border of the lake.

She walked toward the lake’s edge. She put her feet inside the lake first to check the temperature.

The water isn’t too cold nor too hot. Perfect.

She grinned in delight as she slowly inched her way in. Once she was waist deep, she quickly held her breath and dipped her head underwater.

She resurfaced a minute later, feeling hundred times better.

Maybe there was a good thing to come out from this mission, she thought before she started swimming.

 


 

Suho was too tired to stand. He sat down on the grass as he waited for the girl to come back. He would not leave until he got her name. However, twenty minutes had passed, and she still hadn’t come back yet.

What is taking her so long? Did something happen to her, or is she using this excuse to escape from me again? Hmm… I better go check it out.

Suho got up from the ground. He moved in the direction that he'd seen the girl take a few minutes back. As he walked down the path, all of sudden, a soft sound reached his ears.

He stopped his steps to listen carefully. It was coming from his right side. He decided to follow the sound. Who knew, it might lead him to her.

Again, he stopped his steps when he heard the sound coming from behind the bushes. He pushed the bushes a bit to see what was going on. His eyes widened slightly when he saw the nameless girl taking bath inside a lake with her back facing him.

She was humming a little as she splashed water on her body. Sometimes she would sing random words, but to Suho, it sounded like the most beautiful thing he had ever heard.

It seemed like he became bewitched by it as he knelt behind the bushes, watching her. He knew this was very immoral, and he knew that she wouldn’t let him off if she discovered him, yet he wasn’t able to take his eyes off her.

Her skin was slightly pale and… He gulped when she moved her hair to her right shoulder, showing the rose tattoo on her left shoulder.

  (A/N just imagine this is Kristina's tattoo)

She suddenly stopped humming. Suho watched as she used her telekinesis to move her clothes from the shore towards her.

Have I been discovered? It doesn’t matter. I better get out of here before she attacks me.

Suho was about to leave when he felt the ground shake, making him almost lose his footing. Before he could process what had happened, a monster suddenly emerged from the water.

The monster was quite big with his many tentacle limbs of varying sizes and shapes, indicative of the octopus-squid like form it resembled. One of the tentacle was about to attack the girl, but she quickly picked up her sword and severed it.

The monster ambled towards her, a menacing look on its face, and a small growl escaped from its lips. It seemed that the girl had angered the monster, yet she didn’t show any fear. She just stood on the shore with her sword ready to attack.

All the monster’s tentacles attacked her at once. Thanks to her power and her fast reflexes, she managed to cut every one of them off the body.

Despite the fact that its limbs were missing, the monster didn’t give up. The monster opened its mouth and shot a black liquid toward the girl. She used her telekinesis to redirect the liquid back toward the monster.

As a result, the liquid hit the monster’s left eye. It let out a growl of pain as its body fall onto ground while the black liquid burned its eye.

Without a second thought, the girl took the chance to stab the monster with her sword. The monster growled for the last time before its body finally went limp.

Suho was stunned, his feet never moving from their positions at all.

“I bet you must be responsible for the missing villagers. I can finally go back home.”

The girl’s voice snapped him out of his trance. He couldn’t stop himself from clapping his hands after that.

Kristina turned around in response to the sound. She scowled when she saw Suho.

“What are you doing here? Didn’t I tell you not to follow me?”

She started feeling uncomfortable when Suho suddenly started taking steps forward, especially after she saw the glint in Suho’s eyes. Before she got the chance to read his feelings, she accidentally stumbled on a rock, making her lose her footing. She would’ve fallen if it weren't for Suho’s arm around her waist.

This is second time that this happened. Am I that clumsy?

“You should be more careful.”

“Do you mind taking your arm off me?”

“You have beautiful skin like silk, and the rose tattoo on your shoulder matches you.”

“How do you know about my tattoo? Unless…” Kristina let out gasp when she realized what Suho had done. “How dare you!?”

She raised her hand and slapped Suho on the cheek. Suho’s head turned to the side from the impact. Blood slowly dripped down to his blue shirt, but he just smirked before his lips.

“What?” Suho asked smugly.

Kristina only stood there in disbelief.

“You… I… Argh…”

Kristina marched away from there.

Suho let out a small laugh before he followed her.

 


 

I can’t take this anymore! I can't pretend that he isn’t behind me!

Kristina stopped her steps. She turned around to face her ‘stalker’. Her blood boiled when she saw the smug look on Suho’s face.

Oh… How I wish I can wipe that smug look off his face.

“Why can’t you stop following me?”

“I need your name.”

Why is he so desperate to get my name even though he told me that he’s not planning to use it to hunt me? Or he was telling a lie? After all, a demon can’t be trusted.

“Well? Are you going to tell me your name?”

“If I tell you my name, will you stop following me? And I’m even willing to forget today’s event ever happened.”

Although Kristina felt like she had been taken advantage of by this ert demon lord, she was willing to do anything to get him to stop following her.

“No,” came the flat, emotionless tone.

There goes my hope.

“Well, I don’t mind if you don’t want to tell me your name. I’ll call you ‘babe’ instead,” Suho continued. A smirk played on his lips.

Kristina felt like cutting Suho into pieces. Not only did he dare to peep at her when she was taking a bath, but he even dared call her ‘babe’.

“Listen well this time, jerk. My name is Kristina, surname is Wu.”

The smirk on Suho’s lips grew bigger.

“Nice to meet you, Kristina Wu. I’m—”

“I know who you are. You’re Lord Suho, the newly appointed demon lord.”

Suho raised his eyebrows amusedly.

“You investigated me?”

“It’s not like I wanted to. I had to get know my enemy very well after all.”

Suho let out a small laugh. Kristina couldn't stop herself from thinking that Suho actually had a nice laugh.

There’s definitely something wrong with me. How can I think that he has a nice laugh?

“You’re a very interesting witch. I’ve never met someone like you before.”

“Well, I’m glad to finally open your eyes. Maybe you should get out more often from your big mansion.”

Kristina continued walking. She wanted to get out of this forest as soon as possible. She didn’t even bother to wait for Suho. Nothing good would come out any time she associated herself with Suho.

“Hey! Wait up!”

 

Beta-ed by rmzcharizard


Author's note: Kimbros are ert. XD