Chap 4

The Good, The Bad and The Undead

After Suho finished his paperwork and took the rest that he needed, his mind cleared a little. He heard rumors from his comrades about how witches used spells that charmed the male demons and killed them afterwards. Surely, that witch must have done the same to him. That must have been the reason why he couldn’t forget about that witch.

He then ordered his two guards to go to Huang Zitao’s shop and bring him so he could get that witch’s information. Afterwards, he would go meet her to ask her to lift off the spell so he could finally go on with his life.

Thus, when his two guards told him that the shop was closed, he wasn’t able to contain his anger anymore. He slammed his hands onto his desk, making his two guards flinch back in shock.

“What do you mean the shop is closed?” Suho asked.

The two guards didn’t utter a word. They just looked down at ground, since they didn’t dare face their lord.

“Answer me! If not, both of you are going to pay the consequence!”

One of the guard quickly looked up. “We’re sorry… My lord. By the time… We reached there, the man already closed his shop. We then… Asked the stall in front of the shop, and the hawker told us that the man always closes his shop at 6 o’clock in the evening.”

“That’s something you’re supposed to investigate before going there.”

“We’re very sorry… My lord.”

“Why are both of you so useless? I ordered you to do a simple task, yet you fail. Should I start looking for replacements for both of you?”

The two guards quickly kneeled down on the marble floor.

“Please forgive us, my lord. We promise that we'll never make the same mistake again.”

“Scram now!” Suho said. His eyes slowly darkened as his anger started to consume him.

“But…”

Suho glared at them. They gulped when they saw that Suho’s eyes had darkened. They had been working for Suho for centuries. Thus, they knew his behavior too well. Something bad was going happen to them if they didn’t leave now.

“Are you deaf? Why aren’t you leaving?!”

“Ye-yes… My lord. Please excuse us.”

The two guards quickly ran toward the door, and one of them accidentally bumped into Kai. He bowed in apology before leaving the office with his partner trailing behind him.

Kai looked at them amusedly. If he guessed right, they must have offended his older brother again. Despite having angelic looks, his brother was the scariest demon when angry. He was even more scary than Kyungsoo. All the demons were very careful of how they acted around his brother, since they didn’t want to lose their lives by accidentally offending his brother.

“What are you doing at here, Kai?” Suho asked. He let out a small groan when he feel the throbbing pain coming from his forehead.

“No offense, Hyung, but you look like right now. Are you having a hard time being a lord? Since D.O Hyung isn’t here, the paper works become your responsibility. Why don’t you just ask our comrades to help you?”

“If you’re here to have conversation with me, you better leave. I’m not in the mood for it.”

“Wow, take it easy, Hyung. That wasn’t why I came here. I just don’t know whether or not I should tell you about what I found, since you look very stressed right now.”

Suho sighed. “Just tell me, kai.”

“I got this information from my informant. He discovered that there’s a rebellious group planning to take you down. They’re the former supporters of that old man, and they suspect that we’re related to his death. What should we do now, Hyung?”

“Usually I’d ask D.O to deal with them, but since he’s not here, I’ll let you deal with this matter. Don’t fail me, Kai.”

“I’ll never fail you, Hyung. Thank you for giving me a chance to prove myself.”

There were no words that could describe how happy Kai was right now. He finally got the chance to prove to his older brother that he wasn’t a bratty, playboy demon. He also could be serious when doing his job.

“If there’s nothing else, I need to go back to my room for a nap. Ask the maid to wake me up when it’s dinner time.”

“Sure, Hyung.”

Kai left the office. He knew that there was something wrong with his older brother. The bags underneath his eyes were getting so obvious. Not only that, but his brother was getting pale. He wondered if was Suho having a hard time dealing with his responsibilities as lord, especially since Kyungsoo wasn’t around to ease his burden. But what could he do? His older brother liked to keep everything to himself.

 


 

“It was good doing business with you,” a tall, blonde man said as he took bags of money from an elderly woman. His eyes were sharp as if they could pierce your soul if you looked into them.

“Thanks to your information, my son didn’t marry that scammer. I knew that woman couldn’t be trusted, but my son didn’t believe me.”

“There is no need to thank me. I’m just doing my job.”

“I’m very satisfied with your service, Mr. Huang. I’ll definitely my friends about your shop.”

“Thank you. I appreciate it.”

“I’ll take my leave now. Goodbye.”

“Goodbye.”

Zitao waved his hand as he watched his customer leave. He hoped that his customer would keep her promise and spread his shop to her friends. The more customers he got, the more income for him.

He glanced at the grandfather clock and saw how it was already six in the evening. No wonder the sky was getting darker. He needed to close his shop for the day and watch his favourite drama coming from the human world.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the sound of the jingling bell. He was about to say that his shop was closed for the day, but he didn’t when he saw who had entered.

‘Oh, this is new. What is the demon lord doing at my shop?’

“Lord Suho, what are you doing at my humble shop, especially at this hour?”

Suho raised his eyebrows. “You know who I am?”

“Of course, it would be such a shame if I didn’t know my own lord.”

“You said just now that this is your shop. You must be Huang Zitao. Am I right?”

Zitao then bowed in gentleman manner. “Huang Zitao at your service.”

“My guards came yesterday to look for you, but they told me that you close your shop at 6 o’clock in the evening. Thus, I came down here on my own. It seems I came just in time.”

“It such an honour for a lord to come to my shop. I believe that there must a reason for you to come here, am I right?”

“I heard that you sell information for a living.”

“Yes, I do.”

“I’m looking for this witch. I’m hoping you can lead me to her.”

“Please forgive me for asking, my lord, but why did you have to come here? Why didn’t you just ask your comrades to for search her?”

“I don’t want them to know about this matter. Not only that, but I don’t have her personal details such as her name, her age, or where she lives. That’s why I came to here.”

“I must admit that without her personal details, it’ll be quite hard to find her.”

“Are you telling me that I just wasted my time by coming here?”

Tao quickly shook his head. “That’s not the case, my lord. Has she any special features that sets are apart from other witches?”

“Well… She has long, platinum blonde hair…” Suho stopped as he recalled their first meeting. “She wore a veil that covered half of her face.”

‘There’s only one witch that covers her face like that,’ Zitao thought in dismay. ‘Please don’t tell me it’s her he’s looking for.’

“That’s all?”

“She has beautiful pair of hazelnut eyes.” Eyes that keep haunting me and making me lose sleep. The last part was left unsaid by Suho.

Zitao gulped a bit. He had guessed it right. Kristina indeed was the witch that Suho was looking for. He didn’t know what he should do. He couldn’t give Suho any information about Kristina. He didn’t know what Suho would do to her, so he needed to protect her.

However, if he didn’t give Kristina’s information, his shop’s reputation would be tarnished, since if people knew that he couldn’t give information to Suho, they’d think he wouldn’t be able to help him either. Not only that, but there was a rumour about how scary Suho was when he was angry. Zitao still cherished his life.

“Is this information enough? I hope that you’ll not disappoint me, Tao-ssi.”

Again, Suho’s voice stopped his thoughts.

‘I’m sorry, Kristina. I don’t have a choice.’

“I must apologize first, my lord. I don’t know the witch’s name or her age. However, I can tell you where you find her.”

“Where?”

“Every morning, she trains in the wood nearby the witch hunter station.”

Suho’s eyes brightened slightly, “Thank you, Tao-ssi. Just send the bill to my office. I’ll ask my subordinate to send the money to you.”

Zitao released the breath he’d been holding after Suho left his shop. He felt guilty for telling Suho where he could find Kristina, but what could he do? He wasn’t powerful enough to fight Suho. Also, he didn’t think Suho would have the courage to enter the witch realm.

Too bad he didn’t how wrong he was.

 


 

Kristina put down her sword before sitting down underneath the big tree. She’d been training for three hour nonstop, so she felt so exhausted right now. Not only that, but she was a bit hungry. She kind of regretted rejecting Yixin’s offer to make a lunch box for her. She needed to take a short nap to gain back her energy back before going back home.

Just when she was about to close her eyes, the faint sound of leaves rustling and twigs snapping beneath the feet caught her attention. Immediately, she quickly grabbed her sword before getting t up from the ground.

She certainly wasn’t prepared for the entrance of Suho. The said demon was wearing a tight fitting dark blue jacket. The shirt was open at center, showing the black colour t-shirt accompanied with a belt and black jeans with tears on the knees.

(A/n Just imagine this what Suho was wearing.)

His whole attires didn’t look like fancy or expensive, yet he made it look like it was made out of the finest material. It made him look manly and y.

‘Wait a minute… Did I just think that this demon is manly and y? Oh god, I must too hungry.’

Suho couldn’t take his eyes off Kristina. He finally could look at her properly. This time, Kristina didn’t wear a hood. She only wore a simple outfit: a short sleeve shirt with tight leather pants and boots while her long platinum blond hair was tied into ponytail. However, she still wore the veil to cover her face.

(Imagine this what Kristina wearing but with a veil covered half of her face)

“Do you know it’s crime for demons to enter a witch realm?” Kristina asked so that Suho would stop staring at her. It made her very uncomfortable.

‘Wow, she has a very deep voice.’

“Shouldn’t I say the same to you? Didn’t you trespass last week when you came into my mansion?”

Kristina scoffed. “Is that the reason why you’re here? Fine, I apologize for that. I’m just doing my job, that’s all. Satisfied? Can you leave now?”

“That’s not the reason I’m here.”

“Then what it is?” Kristina asked. She was started to get impatient dealing with Suho. She just wanted to go home.

“I want you to lift the spell you put on me.”

“Excuse me? Have my ears gone deaf, or did you said you want me to lift the spell that I put on you? When did I do that?”

“Drop that innocent act. I know this must be one of your tactics to seduce men by using your spells.”

Kristina’s jaws almost dropped. She couldn’t believe what she hearing. How dare this demon! He came out of nowhere and started accusing her that she was using spells to seduce men!

“What a .”

Kristina couldn’t hold her anger anymore. She didn’t care what going to happen to her after this. Someone need to teach this arrogant demon a lesson!

She marched toward the demon before she raised her right hand and slapped Suho on his cheek.

“Watch your mouth, jerk! I never put spells on you. Don’t accuse people without investigating first.” Kristina studied Suho from head to toe. “You aren’t even worthy of my spells.”

Kristina then stomped off angrily, leaving Suho standing there dumbfounded.

 

Beta-ed by rmzcharizard


Co-author's note: Krisho have a rocky start in their relationship. hehe

And welcome Taozi.

Comments are much appreciated. :)