Apology (Part 2)

The Album (iKON x Black Pink fanfiction)

It was already half of the semester and things at the university are getting serious. They had a lot of exams and project and it seems like the only time that they could really enjoy is Physical Education 2 which is Soccer. Lisa and June of course are both good at it and they were really competitive with each other. Jisoo could not focus at playing because she was really fangirling on JunLice.

Suddenly, Donghyuk felt a numbing pain radiating from his chest. He couldn't breathe and his vision is turning black. He fell flat on the ground and the whole class heard how hard he fell. The PE2 instructor called for the medic team of the school. Jisoo, June, and Lisa followed him as he's been carried with a stretcher.

Lisa was holding Donghyuk's hands and she could see him looking back at her. His hand was cold as ice so grabbed onto it tightly to keep it warm.

"You're going to be fine, Dongdong." She whispered.

Moments later, they arrived at the hospital and he was rushed into the emergency room. Something that Donghyuk is very familiar with. It was just like the first attack that he had when he was 16 years old. It was the same light that he could see directly above him, same uncomfortable hospital bed and same breathing ventilator so he could breathe. The only thing's that's not the same is that this time, he was afraid of dying.

He got unconscious, but the doctors were able to stabilize his vital statistics moments later. Then, he was transferred into a room. His mother was really panicking when she got into the room. Jisoo, June and Lisa stood up when she arrived. After knowing from them that he's already in a stable condition, she introduced herself to them. His mother then started telling them about Donghyuk's disease.

They were all overwhelmed with everything they learned from his mother. They still could not believe that Donghyuk could hide something this big to them. Not long after, Bobby and Chanwoo entered the room because they heard about what happened from other students.

"Bobby!" Mrs. Kim hugged Bobby as she was happy to see him. Mrs. Kim was familiar with him because he usually accompanies Donghyuk to the hospital when Donghyuk's parents couldn't leave work. They owe him a lot.

"Where is Mr. Kim?" Bobby asked.

"He had to work so we could afford his medicines. Is Jennie coming?" Mrs. Kim asked.

Jennie already knew about Donghyuk's condition because they spent a lot of time together at Café shops during vacation and she saw him had an attack while they were at a new café shop that they wanted to try.

"Yes, she said that she just had to finish her classes. I told her to get us something to eat." Bobby answered.

Mrs. Kim thanked Bobby. She then looked at the younger ones and apologized because Donghyuk never told them. She told them how much Donghyuk talks about them so she recognized them a bit because of Donghyuk's stories. She also spoke about the results of the recent treatment he had. It wasn't working well and he's body is not really showing signs of good response from the treatment.

"You should know that before, Donghyuk never really cared about his disease. I couldn't stop him from smoking and there were times that he just gave up and he didn't even want to continue studying..."

Hearing this from Mrs. Kim made them really upset. It was heart breaking to see his mother looked so hopeless while brushing her son's hair. He was her only child.

"...but that changed when he met you guys. He told me that he wanted to try treatments again and quit smoking. He got back to his passion for photography. He wanted to study with you guys and he kept on telling me that he had the best time when he's with you guys. You really meant a great deal to him so I want to thank you all for giving him a reason to live again." Mrs. Kim said while she bowed to them.

Jisoo couldn't take it and hugged Mrs. Kim while crying. June excused himself and went out of the room immediately. Lisa followed him to the hallway.

✿ ✿ ✿

Lisa saw June seating at the floor right by the end of the hallway. She sat by his side.

"That pabo" He said.

He was angry, but he felt so weak to shout it out. She noticed his hands were shaking the entire time that Mrs. Kim was telling how much they meant for Donghyuk. His usual expressionless face never looked this frustrated. Lisa held his hand and he held unto hers like he never wanted to let go of it. He buried his face on her shoulders. It was the first time that Lisa saw June cry and vulnerable.