Just Go (Part 6)

The Album (iKON x Black Pink fanfiction)

They were down to the last week of the first semester of their school year. Exams were piling up and everyone was just busy except for Hanbin because he just stays home spending quality time with his Mom and other family relatives.

Rose bought something from the nearest bookstore from her school since she forgot to buy an envelope for her paper due this day. It was 6 blocks away, but since she was not in a hurry, she decided to take a walk since she enjoys looking at the sceneries and people.

All of a sudden, it started to rain. She checked her bag and looked for her umbrella, but it was not there. She took shade from a nearby waiting shed. Her hair was damp and her cardigan too. She looked at the time to check how many minutes she have left before her second class. She tried to stop a cab, but luck doesn't seem to be on her side today because every cab was full. She remembered Jinhwan and asked him if he could pick her up. She patiently waited for a reply. After a few minutes, he replied.

Text from: Baby Jinani♥♡______

Sorry, babe. I'm up for a project presentation in just minutes, but I already texted Hanbin. He said he was just nearby the bookstore too. Sorry I couldn't think of anyone else because everybody else is probably busy too. I'll make it up to you later xx

___________________________

The thought that she would have to sit inside Hanbin's car made her uneasy. She waited and she was getting cold. Moments after, her phone was vibrating from an unknown caller.

"Rose."

She doesn't know why, but hearing his voice made her feel a lot colder and it made her hands felt numb.

"Rose? This is Hanbin. Jinhwan asked me to pick you up. I'm around the area already when he texted me. Where exactly are you?"

"I – I'm here at the waiting shed in front of the closed old building."

After a few seconds, "Found you." He then hung up the phone.

Seeing his car approaching, made her heart beats faster. She feels like she couldn't breathe. Hanbin got out of the car with a big black umbrella and helped her get inside the car. Hanbin turned off the cooling unit of the car because Rose was shaking.

"You must be really cold. Here take this." Hanbin removed his jacket and put it around Rose. She could smell the familiar scent from the jacket... Hanbin's scent. It wasn't perfume, but it was just like how she remembers.

After she thanked him for picking her up and the jacket, they were both silent. To break the awkward atmosphere, Hanbin started asking her about how she's doing for the past years and she replied about pursuing Arts as her major. He was happy because he knows it is what she really wanted ever since. She then asked him about his life at California with his father. He told her stories how different it was there and how long it took him before he got any friends. He also shared that he doesn't want to leave his mother again, but he have to finish college at America. He was only staying here for just a couple of months. She then felt warm and comfortable after seeing him and talking to him. She thought that he didn't change at all.

It was the same Hanbin, same smile, and same lame jokes.

It took them a while because they were caught up from a slight traffic jam, but they arrived at the University safely. She missed her second class and the deadline for the paper, but she does not seem to care about it. Rose was giving back his jacket, but Hanbin insisted that she wears it throughout the day because he fears that she might catch a cold.

He hugged her before saying goodbye and stared into her eyes. It was Hanbin's favourite thing in the world.

"I... miss you" Hanbin whispered.

She just stared at his face without saying a word. She doesn't understand how she felt when Hanbin said those words. They were caught up in silence until they heard a tap from the car's window.

It was Jinhwan. Jinhwan saw how Hanbin looked at her after the hug. She then got out of the car. Jinhwan helped Rose with her things and held his umbrella for her. He looked at Hanbin and they both felt uncomfortable.

"Thank you for keeping my girlfriend safe."