Why Part 1

Sing For You

Chapter 5

Kris sat in his art class, tapping his pencil against his sketchbook. What happened yesterday at the practice is still bothering him. Two seats in front of him sits the person he can never forgive after what happened, Kyungsoo. Granted the boy was nice but what happened during freshman year of high school left a deep impression on him. And as he rose up the ladder, the more bitter he got towards how weak he was in freshman year. The weakness that happened because of little Do Kyungsoo.   That’s why he’s vowed to never let himself become weak for anyone else. He knows the others are curious on why he dislikes Kyungsoo so much, after all he didn’t join their group until halfway in Freshman year as he was proven to be one of the best players on junior varsity at that time. They were there though when Kyungsoo betrayed him that gloomy, stormy day. They don’t know what happened exactly just that after that Kyungsoo and Kris weren’t the same. At first he felt bad because the guys did like Kyungsoo but by sophomore year how they felt about the short male had changed drastically when Kyungsoo verbally attacked Jongin’s girlfriend, calling the female blind and stupid to even like someone like Jongin and his friends who are complete idiots are just heading down the road of self-destruction with their delinquent ways. He raises an eyebrow as the teacher comes in and clears his throat.

“Class I should have discussed this beforehand. But starting today you will have a group project to work on and your groups have been decided beforehand. You will seat at the same table not only as a group for this project but also for the rest of the year. When I call your names please choose a table and sit there.” And he started reading out names as Kris zoned out slightly. Jongin was with Haruka, Jongdae, and Joonmyeon. Ah it’s groups of four. However, what dazed state he was in he is quickly snapped out of.

“Kris, Kyungsoo, Krystal, and Luna you guys will be in a group together. Since the table where Kris is seating is the only really available table please go sit there.” He was fine with Krystal and Luna, after all Krystal was one of his best friend’s and Jongin’s girlfriend while Luna was his girlfriend and Krystal’s best friend. Luna quickly sat to his left, leaving Kyungsoo and Krystal no choice but to sit next to each other on the other side of the table facing the two. Luna leans her head on Kris’s shoulder and Kris wraps an arm around her waist protectively while glaring at Kyungsoo. The male does nothing but stare with his wide eyes then glances down to his sketchbook. He quickly slams it shut with a squeak  but not before Kris sees what he was drawing. He was recreating what was once a fond memory of theirs, their first kiss. Even if all he saw was a quick glimpse of the trees and the shorted male drawn pressed against the tree with sakura falling around them, it would have been impossible for Kris to not recognize that scene. Luna kisses his cheek then grabs his sketchbook and starts going through it while talking to Krystal about the drawings. There was a wolf, a drawing of Luna smiling, a lyric art of Luna’s favorite song- their song. She stops on that page and reads it while smiling. Kyungsoo looks at it though he knows he shouldn’t and bites his lips as he reads the English lyrics- he would know that song anywhere. He showed it to Kris when it came out and even sang it to the male on his 13th birthday. Krystal smiles while reading the lyrics with comfort.

“I know that song. It’s from my favorite singer, it’s about the person you love and they will always be home with you even if they are miles away because their home is in your heart.” Krystal states and Luna and Kris nod in response. Luna smiles up at Kris, her eyes shining with happiness.

“It’s our song. Kris showed it to me.” And Kris can’t help but notice how Kyungsoo looks down while the teacher approaches their table with a paper. He sets it down in the middle for everyone to see.

“This is your guy’s assignment. Your group was chosen because of your guy’s swell use of realism. So for this assignment you will each draw a scene of your favorite memory, or a moment that has heavily impacted you. You may also draw an object to use symbolism. Your challenge is to express every emotion of that moment with facial expressions and color. Once you are done with the sketch show it to me and once I approve you will transfer it to a canvas. To split the four sections, you will use lyrics from a song that means a lot to all four of you. The song can be in any language.” They nod and Luna, Krystal, and Kris glances at the sketchbook already knowing which song to do. Kyungsoo bites his lip, trying to choose a different memory to draw. Unfortunately, all of the memories he holds dear, the memory that is his favorite involve Kris. The Kris that he was before that day happened. He closes his eyes as he recalls that day.

It was the middle of Spring and the sakura was in full bloom. They were to start falling today as they are only in full bloom for a day and a half. Kris had taken them to the park with a picnic basket carrying a blanket, some sandwiches and fruit cut the way Kyungsoo oh so loved so much, honey, and their sketchbooks with an array of pencils for sketching and shading. They pick out a spot underneath the tree, away from people’s prying eyes. Kris lays out the blanket and sits down on it, setting the basket down in front of him then pats the spot next to him. Kyungsoo smiles mischievously then jumps on Kris, forcing him to fall back on the blanket with Kyungsoo clinging to him like a koala on top. Kris’s laughter filled the air and Kyungsoo had to fight the blush that was trying to spread across his face. His laughter was one of Kyungsoo’s favorite things even though it might be one of the stupidest things he has ever heard. Just like Kris in general, Kris might be one of the stupidest people he has ever met but he loves him more than anything nonetheless. They’ve been dating for a year and three months, with their anniversary being Christmas Eve and Kyungsoo could never be happier. The only thing that seemed weird is that they haven’t had their first kiss yet. The couple is moving at the pace that makes Kyungsoo the most comfortable because Kris knows just how shy Kyungsoo is and he doesn’t want to force anything on the male. It took them three months before they even started holding hands in public. Sometimes he would get insecure and ask Kris if it bothered him but he always assured Kyungsoo that it didn’t and that he didn’t mind waiting for the male to be ready so that way it is more special.

“Yifan~” Kyungsoo said while smiling his signature heart shaped smile. Kris just smiled while hearing Kyungsoo call him by his birth name and wrap his arms even tighter around the younger and shorter male.

“Yes?”

“I grew again. We should go shopping together because my jeans are getting too small again.” The last time they had gone shopping because Kyungsoo needed new jeans was one month ago right before they started high school. Kyungsoo was still experiencing random growth spurts, sometimes he can go six months without having to buy new jeans or they have to go buy new jeans the next month. Kris didn’t mind because he liked taking the boy to different stores to try on different jeans, he enjoyed how the male modeled them off to him while blushing in nervousness of his approval. Once he grows out of them, they are donated to people in need or the legs are cut off to provide the male with new shorts. Though the latter is very rare. Kyungsoo had a strong dislike of his body, especially his legs and his thighs. Kris wishes that the can change that but all that he can do is just shower the boy with little compliments.

“Shall we go tomorrow then?” Kyungsoo nods then rests his head on top of Kris’s chest above his heart. Kris pats his gently.

“Come on let’s get you fed I know you skipped dinner last night and breakfast this morning.” It was common for Kyungsoo to skip meals; he would often get so absorbed in his art work that the fact that he needs to eat doesn’t occur to him until the artwork is finished. Kris learnt that the hard way when the boy passed out at school and was hospitalized for not eating for four days straight. Since then Kris has made it his job to make sure that Kyungsoo eats at least two meals everyday along with a snack. The job would be easier if Kris actually has met Kyungsoo’s parents, but they are both constantly away on business trips. He knows that makes Kyungsoo feel lonely, after all he’s been dating someone for a year now and his parents don’t know. He’s been friends with Kris since third grade and they’ve only talked about him once. Instead Kyungsoo has maids that take care of him, the head maid is also his caretaker and the only mother figure the smaller male has ever known. She approved of Kris and treated both Kris and Kyungsoo as her own sons. It was nice. Kyungsoo gets up and sits on the blanket cross legged while pulling Kris up onto his knees. Kris grabs the basket and opens it pulling out the plate of triangular sandwiches and the bowl of fruit. He sets the bottle of honey down next to the fruit for Kyungsoo to pour onto his fruit the way he likes it. And Kyungsoo swells with pride just a bit from the fact that Kris takes the time to prepare everything just the way he likes it. He’s never really had someone who takes care of him like Kris does, he likes it. He doesn’t want it to end. Kyungsoo smiles and takes the bottle of honey then takes a banana slice and squeezes some on top of the banana. He smiles at Kris then shoves the banana slice onto his face then gets up and runs before Kris can get him in the face with fruit. They run in circles around the tree until Kris catches up to him thanks to his long legs and Kyungsoo getting tired. Kris pins him against the tree, being careful not to hurt him but still being firm enough so that he can’t escape. Kyungsoo just smiles as the wind blows and little sakura flowers start to fall and flutter in the wind. Everything in the moment seemed so perfect that Kyungsoo can’t help it, he leans up on his tiptoes and presses his lips against Kris’s gently, effectively taking the older males first kiss as the male takes his first kiss just like that.

“I love you.” They whispered at the same time.

“Kyungsoo are you even listening to me?” Kyungsoo snaps out of his memory at the sound of Kris’s voice.

“Sorry what? I spaced out. What did you say?”

“I asked you what you were going to draw.” Kyungsoo bites his lip, trying to think of something.

“A rose. I’m gonna draw a black and red rose.” Kris nods and Kyungsoo prays silently that Kris doesn’t understand why he chose that specifically.

“You might want to start now then. Our sketches are by the end of class.” Kyungsoo nods and opens his sketchbook to the next blank page. Throughout the class the only sound that can be heard is pencil against paper as the students in the class worked on their project. Slowly a rose came to form on Kyungsoo’s paper while a howling wolf came to form in Kris’s. Kyungsoo bites his lip to hold back the sob that wants to escape. They always called each other their wolves. He glances at Luna’s sketchbook and notices that she is drawing a beach with two people holding hands and walking along it. Kyungsoo starts singing softly as he usually does in class while working, it never seemed to bother anyone. He watched Luna and Krystal visibly relax as he sang.

“In the crowd alone, with every second passing reminds me I’m not home

Bright lights and city sounds…” He continues singing the song softly while thinking about Kris. He’s sang this song before to Kris, it was his favorite song at that time. However, he didn’t think the male actually remembered the song so when he starts singing along during the chorus his face shows his surprise.

“My happy little pill, take me away

Dry my eyes, bring color to my skies.” They both stop singing abruptly and Kyungsoo’s pencil movement stops. He sighs and grabs a permanent pen and starts drawing out the final lines while moving to a different song to sing.

“Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face

Tell me that you love me even if it’s fake

Cause I don’t ing care at all

You’ve been out all night I don’t know where you’ve been

You’re slurring your words not making any sense

But I don’t ing care at all

Cause I have hella feelings for you

I act like I don’t ing care like they ain’t even there

Cause I have hella feelings for you

I act like I don’t ing care cause I’m so ing scared

I’m only a fool for you and maybe you’re too good for me

I’m only a fool for you but I don’t ing care at all…” Once he’s done he erases the sketch lines then picks up his red and black color pencils then starts coloring the rose. The bell rings to announce the end of class and he quickly stands up and places his sketchbook on his teacher’s desk before running out of the class. The way Kris looked at him when the bell rang gave him the chills. Halfway on his way to his AP Calculus class he gets shoved against the lockers. He hisses and arches slightly when his back slams into the lockers.

“Why did you do it?” Kris whispers vehemently next to his ear and Kyungsoo fights to keep his heartrate under control. He knows exactly what Kris is talking about, the reason why they became the way they did.

“I… I can’t tell you.”

“Oh but you will.” With that being said Kris picks him up and throws him over his shoulder then starts walking. Kyungsoo tries to swallow past the lump in his throat. Before he knows it they are outside and he is set down on Kris’s motorcycle. Before he can say anything Kris sits down and starts up the motorcycle then leaves the parking lot fast. Their actions do not go unnoticed however from Kris’s friends. Kyungsoo does nothing but cling to Kris for dear life until they slow to a stop at a house Kyungsoo knows all too well. Without saying anything Kris parks the bike in the driveway and gets off. Kyungsoo says nothing and just follows him into the house he hasn’t set foot into since that horrible day in Freshman year.

“Kris why are- Kyungsoo?” Kyungsoo smiles softly at the lady who enters the hallway. She looks so much thinner than he remembers.

“Hey how.” His question was cut off as he was rapidly pulled into a hug by Kris’s older sister.

“I missed you so much. And look how much you’ve grown?’ She admires while holding him back slightly. He’s grown an entire half a foot since the last time he saw her.

“Will you be staying for dinner? Ma and pa are just dying to see you again.” Kyungsoo looks at Kris warily.

“I would love to stay for dinner.” The words leave his mouth before he can stop them. Kris grabs Kyungsoo’s arm.

“We need to talk. Let us know when ma and pa get home.” Tiffany nods then Kris drags the smaller male up to his room. He squeaks and bounces slightly as he is roughly thrown on the bed.

“I’m only doing this because Baekhyun said I should try to understand your side of the story. So why did you do it? Why did you cheat and then leave me for her? I thought you were gay.” Kyungsoo swallows down the lump in his throat as he starts to tear up.

“I had to Kris god I had to.”

“No you didn’t don’t lie to me.” Kris all but growls. Kyungsoo grabs his hands and kisses it gently.

“Her and Luna were in on it together. Luna wanted you. But I was the problem I was in the way. Either I did it and broke your heart so you would go running to Luna or I would have been the one broken in the end while you were being put six feet under the ground.” A yelp leaves his lips as he is pinned down onto the bed with Kris roughly being on top of him.

“Don’t you dare lie to me and drag Luna into this.” Kyungsoo struggles but leaves it so Kris can see that he’s not lying by looking in his eyes. It was his only hope, Kris always said that his eyes were open windows to his feelings. Kris pulls away slowly and stays on his knees in front of Kyungsoo.

“You’re not lying…” Kyungsoo nods slightly and watches as Kris takes the picture of him and Luna on the bedside table and throws it the wall. Kyungsoo hugs him tightly wrapping his arms around the male’s waist as Kris holds him close tightly and cries. Kyungsoo starts singing softly while rubbing the taller male’s back.

“You’re the sky that I fell through, and I remember the view whenever I’m holding you

The sun hung from a string looking down on the world as it warmed over everything

Chills run down my spine as our fingers entwine and your sighs harmonize with mine

Unmistakably I can still feel your heart beat fast when you dance with me

We got older and I should have known that I feel colder when I walk alone

So I might as well ditch my dismay bombs away, bombs away

Circle me as the needle moves gracefully

Back and forth if my heart was a compass you’d be North

Risk it all cause I’d catch you if you fall

Wherever you go if my heart was a house you’d be home.”

 

A/n: WOW I FEEL LIKE THAT WAS A LOT  

I'm sorry you guys

This actually was suppose to be longer but I decided to split it. The next chapter will be baekyeol based. Okay bye.