The Accident

Sing For You


~2 Years Ago~
Baekhyun smiles as he continues driving. Haruka sits in the passenger seat next to him, rocking out to a song called The Middle. They were on their way to SM for an audition as a performing duo. The hope is that they will both be accepted. He tries to bite back a laugh as she starts to sing along while moving her arms. Suddenly he hears her scream and notices a car crossing the line, about to collide head on with their car. Without thinking Baekhyun unbuckles his seatbelt and throws himself over the middle console and in front of Haru to protect her right before the car crashes. The last thing he remembers is feeling immense pain as the windshield breaks sending glass shooting towards his face. And just as he expected the airbag didn’t go off, she had turned it off. Haruka’s screams fill his head as the car spins and he passes out.  
Chanyeol stayed silent at the end of the story, he didn’t know what to say. He watched as Haruka wipes her face in an attempt to hide her tears then stands up and enters the water. They watch her swim in the ocean for a bit in silence. Chanyeol breaks it knowing he has to ask.
“Where were you at the time Luhan?” Chanyeol asks quietly. 
“I was at school. The crash wasn't here it was back in Korea. We left after the crash to see if Haruka got better. She slowly improved; being in the water and being so close to sharks helped her. She's always loved sharks.” Chanyeol nods slowly.
“Do you wear the glasses all the time Baekhyun?”
“When I'm at home with just Luhan and Haruka I take them off. Most people get scared of my eyes with the scars around them and the color they are.”
“Can I see your eyes please?” Baekhyun turns away and hits Luhan’s knees for help.
“It's okay to show him Baekkie. He's not like others.” Baekhyun nods and Luhan turns Baekhyun’s body so the male is facing Chanyeol. Chanyeol couldn't keep the gasp from escaping his lips once Baekhyun had slowly removed the glasses. Because what people were afraid of Chanyeol adored. Even with the scars and slight gray color you could tell the male sees what others doesn't. And that intrigues Chanyeol. It is there within those eyes with those thoughts does he fall into a deep hole filled with only Byun Baekhyun.