The Past

Sing For You

It was half past midnight when Luhan arrives home. He raises an eyebrow at the two motorcycles at the top of his driveway next to Haruka’s. She didn't say she was gonna have people over. And why are they still here? With that thought in mind he gets out of the car and walks up to the door. It's locked so he unlocks it and steps inside before taking off his shoes and placing it in the shoe rack. He closes the door and locks it again then walks to the living room, where the droning on of the tv could be heard while taking off his jacket. He places the jacket on the coat hanger then turns off the tv while looking at Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Namjoon curled up together on the couch. Baekhyun was sitting in between Chanyeol’s legs with his back pressed against the taller’s chest, Namjoon was in a similar position with his back against Baekhyun’s chest but where Chanyeol’s arms were around Baekhyun’s waist, Baekhyun’s hands were in Namjoon’s hair. Luhan sighs slightly then shakes them awake.

“You guys should go up to bed or your backs will be sore. Chanyeol, Namjoon there's two guest bedrooms on either side of Baekhyun’s room and one in between mine and Haruka’s room.” The three nod then get up and start making their way upstairs,slowly to make sure Baekhyun doesn't fall. Luhan looks around and starts to straighten the couch. That answers the question of one bike owner. Now where's the other? He walks upstairs and enters his room. He grabs a pair of sleeping clothes before quietly making his way to the bathroom. He opens the door with half closed eyes and steps in. A scent hangs in the air that he would know anywhere, that he would spend hours upon a time smelling and falling asleep to. He takes a quick cold shower, trying to ignore the scent and the memories that it brings back.  When he steps out of the bathroom he is fully clothed again and freezing, okay so maybe the cold shower wasn’t a good idea he thought to himself while running to his bedroom while absolutely shivering. He opens the door and slips into his bed not noticing the other figure in the room at first. But he could not miss that scent. He sits up as straight and as stiffly as possible before hitting the other person in the bed. The person wakes up with a groan and sits up to face Luhan.

“What are you doing here?” Luhan hisses before he sneezes, biting his tongue in the process. The pain causes a small whimper to escape his body as Sehun lies back down while pulling Luhan to lie on top of him before covering them both with the blanket.

“You’re gonna get sick if you don’t stop taking those cold showers in the middle of the night. You know how cold it can get.” Luhan sighs, unable to keep himself from snuggling closer to the warmth. And with the intent of using his tired he is as an excuse to allowing the skin ship he closes his eyes and falls asleep.

~5:30 AM~

Baekhyun wakes up and rubs his eyes while yawning. He can't sleep anymore after seeing a certain someone in his dreams. He gets out of the bed and slowly makes his way downstairs to the kitchen. He is met with the smell of coffee and the sound of soft hums. He tries not to flinch as the sound of a dog barking hits his ears.

“What the hell why is there a dog?!”

“Oh I got her for you. She's a service dog.” Chanyeol says innocently. Baekhyun whimpers as the dog comes up to him and rubs her head against his leg. Just then Haruka comes downstairs to make breakfast, she quickly grabs the harness on the dog and pulls them away from Baekhyun.

“Chanyeol are you insane why would you bring this here?”

“She's a service dog. To help you guys out.” Haruka sighs.

“If we wanted one we would have gotten ourselves.”

“She's a sweet girl give her a chance.”

“Chanyeol… Baekhyun is scared of dogs.” As this is going on Baekhyun is squatting on the floor still whimpering and close to tears. Haruka looks at him then at the dog and bites her lip.

“Put her outside for now. We'll talk about this later.” Chanyeol nods and lets the dog outside in the back yard before closing the door. He walks slowly to Baekhyun and wraps his arms around the smaller male.

“I’m sorry I just wanted to try to help.”

“It’s okay just next time talk to us first. Now what are we gonna do with that dog?” He says with a frown furrowing his brows.

“Give her a chance. She won’t harm you.”

“...Promise?”

“I promise.” Baekhyun nods slowly and sighs. First riding on a motorcycle now keeping a dog when he’s scared to death of them. He just keeps on finding himself doing things for Chanyeol to make things easier for the male and making him happy.

 

It was later in the day and everyone was at school in their fourth class of the day. Well everyone but Haruka and Chanyeol. They chose to skip out this class and the lunch period afterwards to have a much needed talk, so there they sat in the little diner with Chanyeol enjoying a cup of coffee and waffles while Haruka was eating spaghetti and had a glass of coke.

“Why is he so afraid of dogs?” Haruka raises an eyebrow and wipes .

“That’s a long story are you sure you ready for it?”Chanyeol nods and sets her fork down.

“Well where do I begin…  I guess I should start when he met the guy first shouldn’t I?”

“What guy?”

“Baekhyun’s first boyfriend, well the only person he has ever dated really. He left a really bad impression on Baekhyun about love… But anyways, everything started when he was 14, two years before the accident.” Upon hearing that things started to click in his head as he remembers the older male that Baekhyun was with who was known to be abusive towards Baekhyun. The only person anyone has ever heard of Baekhyun being with.

“Cristofano…”

  Baekhyun smiled, he was in a karaoke room with some friends from school. Haruka wasn’t with them because Luhan had a soccer game and she was required to attend for moral support, Baekhyun would have stayed with her but she forced him into the car with their friends before he could say something. At that moment their friends Ashley and Jess were dramatically singing a song that Baekhyun has never heard before, but it was a nice song the words and their meaning giving him slight goosebumps. Before he knew it, it was his turn. He took the mic and set it to the song he wanted to sing, it’s a song he’s come to love recently though it wasn’t the happiest song.

“I’m trying to figure out why I’m laying in this bed alone

I need to feel your touch, I just need to feel your warmth

With this liquor taste still in my mouth, then you scream we fight, you out

Same we always fighting about.” At that moment a taller, older guy in dark skinny jeans and a leather jacket paired with a red tea come in and Baekhyun gulps discreetly because damn are his legs sinful. He looks back at the screen and continues singing as the male sits between him and Ashley.

“But as much as we be fighting and fussing I’m addicted,I’m addicted,  I’m addicted to your love

And as much as we can fake it and pretend, baby we both know I’m running back to you in the end

Can’t get you off my mind, girl could this really be the last time?

Tired of this broken life, though I hold on with all my might

Over empty promises, self destructing damages  but I can’t get you out of it, out of my system.

Tonight I would make a mistake that would change my life, never thought I could stoop so low, never thought that I could be so trifled.

I called my dude was like “Heyo what’s good with that?”

He responded with “Yo come out to the hood and hit me back.”

So now I’m hopping on the whip, thinking the whole way there like am I tripping, I’ve been clean for almost a year

But now the urge is too mean, I can feel it in my blood

These people call me a fiend and so I call it love.” Baekhyun blinks in surprise as his brain registers that the male is singing along with him, with a voice as equally sinful as his legs.

“Can’t get you off my mind, girl could this really be the last time?

Tired of this broken life, though I hold on with all my might

Over empty promises, self destructing damages  but I can’t get you out of it, out of my system.” Baekhyun smiles softly and quickly hands the mic over to the stranger. He smiles and continues singing.

I feel like I’m slipping, like I’m losing control

Stepping away from myself, it’s like you got me in this hold

And I try to pull through by myself but can you please come back cause I really need your help

Cause as harsh and as cold as we can get around each other

You’re still warmer than any warmth I’ve ever felt from another

It’s like I’m left without a soul, it’s like I’m empty

Who would have known that love would be the death of me?

Tired of this broken life, though I hold on with all my might

Over empty promises, self destructing damages  but I can’t get you out of it, out of my system.” He finishes the song nicely and holds the mic back out to Baekhyun. Baekhyun shakes his head then gives the mic to Ashley. Ashley hands it off to Chanyeol as the guy moves closer to Baekhyun so they can talk.

“I don’t think I’ve seen you before. My name is Cristofano but most people call me Cris(pronounced like Chris), I’m Ashley’s brother. And your name is?”

“Baekhyun.” Baekhyun smiles friendly and holds his hand out. They shake hands and then begin to engage in a conversation about the song they just sang. And like that they spent the rest of the allotted time talking to each other about pointless and sometimes random things. By the end of the time period they’ve exchanged numbers and promised to see each other soon. Little did Baekhyun know just what kind of dangerous person he was beginning to associate himself with.

It was a few weeks later and Baekhyun was sitting at the table in the cafeteria during lunch with Chanyeol and the others. Haruka and Sehun were standing in line still waiting to get their lunch. Baekhyun sat their humming while chewing on a piece of meat when his phone goes off. He smiles at the simple message to him from Cristofano. Chanyeol looks at the name and glare as Ashley just giggles and nudges Baekhyun’s shoulder with her’s.

“So when are you guys gonna start dating?” Baekhyun blinks and responds to her question while texting Cristofano back.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“OH please everyone knows you guys like each other. Just make it official.  How about you guys go out for dinner tonight?”

“Ashley no.” The girl just smiles and grabs Baekhyun’s phone before quickly typing something. By the Baekhyun got his phone back the message was sent and he felt like screaming in frustration. His eyes start to feel with tears when his phone pings to notify him of a response.

“Sure. I’ll pick you up at 7.” And just like that it was set, Baekhyun had a date with Cristofano.

~6:30~

It was 6:30 pm and Baekhyun had just finished doing his makeup. He smiles slightly then slips into a pair of dark grey skinny jeans and a slightly oversized sweater because it was cold and expected to snow. He finishes the look with a pair of black converse before slipping his phone, keys, and wallet into his pockets. He walks down the stairs and kisses his mom’s cheek right on time when Cristofano rings the doorbell. Baekhyun’s dad gets up and opens the door.

“Ah Cristofano. How are you? So you’re taking Baekkie out on a date it seems?”

“Yes sir I am. I promise I will have him back by curfew.” Baekhyun’s father nods and Baekhyun quickly scrambles past him and drags Cristofano with him. They quickly get in the car and Baekhyun turns on the radio, fiddling with the stations.

“Is there a reason why you chose the car instead of the bike?” Cristofano smiles and links one hand with Baekhyun’s once Baekhyun settles back.

“Because this is a date it should be perfect the first date especially. If you want to after we eat we can head back to the house and get the bike and ride around.” Baekhyun nods while humming.

“I’d like that.” They can’t help the smile that spreads to the both of their faces as  a new and familiar song fills the car. Baekhyun starts singing softly while watching Cristofano drive.

“I’m so into you I can barely breathe, and all I wanna do is to fall in deep.

But close ain’t close aint enough til we cross the line baby

So name a game to play and I’ll roll the dice hey

Oh baby look what you started, the temperatures rising in here, is this gonna happen?

Been waiting for you to make a move, before I make a move.” He smiles and starts dancing slightly while singing.

“So baby come light me up
And maybe I'll let you on it
A little bit dangerous but baby that's how I want it
A little less conversation and a little more touch my body
Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you
Got everyone watching us so baby let’s keep it secret
A little bit scandalous but baby don't let them see it
A little less conversation and a little more touch my body
Cause I'm so into you, into you, into you.” He stops singing as the car comes to a stop on the side of the road. Baekhyun looks at Cristofano with wide eyes as the male leans over and gently presses his lips against Baekhyun’s. However it doesn’t take long for Baekhyun to start responding to the kiss and kiss him back. He blushes at the realization that this is his first kiss. His first kiss with his first boyfriend and though it may be in a car that smells heavily of his boyfriend’s cologne it was absolutely perfect to him.

~End Of Flashback~

It was near the end of what would be the lunch period so Chanyeol and Haruka quickly pay for lunch before heading back to the school.