The Past part 2

Sing For You

Haruka sighed as she leaned into Jongin's touch when he ran his hand through her hair.  She wanted to close her eyes but whenever she did the images flashed through her mind- the ones when Baekhyun was with Cristofano; the fear in his eyes when the dogs could smell him, how they barked to alert their owner that Baekhyun was not only out of the room but also very close to being off the property. How Baekhyun could do nothing but scream as Luhan threw him over the wall marking the border of the property before Sehun catches him. Luhan vaults over the wall right as the door opens and Cristofano steps out with his dad. He quickly jumps into the car and slams the car door shut. The car speeds off thanks to Chanyeol. Thank god he somewhat knew how to drive at that time- thought totally not legal to. She stares at Kai's eyes as she blinks rapidly to try not to reflect much.

"Why is he so scared of dogs?" Sehun asks as he stares at Baekhyun still in Chanyeol's arms; how the boy slept so peacefully as if he has no idea of just how bad this world really is. 

"You were there Sehun that night we stole him back from them. How the dogs caught onto his scent as soon as he stepped outside. How we had to run to get him over that wall. Those dogs were trained to pick up even the faintest of his scents and to alert Cris if he ever went outside without him. They were trained like that to lower the risks of him getting out. Imagine how he felt being 15 and completely helpless as you were sold off to someone your dad works with as he felt you were useless for any other reason. We tried everything to get him help but noone has been able to erase the fear or provide anything but sedatives to use on him if he panics so much that he could hurt himself or others. But those drugs are not what will help heal him. Above everything else he needs someone to truly love him- who will hold him when he's scared and sing to him and show him the finer things in life, the happier things in life; someone who will stay devoted to him and only him. But he can't even have then as long as Cris is alive he will ruin any bit of happiness that Baekhyun can experience. Hence why they made me hurt Chanyeol- to try to persuade him to leave Baek alone. Of course that will never happen. Chan has spent his whole life loving Baekhyun, he will never give up." Everyone was so caught up in the story no one noticed how Baekhyun woke up and slowly wiped his eyes. 

"But we can kill Cristofano." Jongin says. Haruka only shakes her head sadly.

"That's impossible. He was a hitman for the Kim's before he took over his family's uhm- business. He knows the in's and out's of being a hitman and how a hitman operates."

"For everyone but Xiumin. Our little frost boy joined after Cris left and he acts different than most hitmans. He won't know what hit him." Everyone paused as a little giggle could be heard followed by Baekhyun whispering little frost boy. Chanyeol quickly moves so the boy is sitting in his lap and facing him. He wipes at the tear streaked face with the sleeve of his jacket and smiles softly at him. He knows even though the boy can't see him he feels the warmth and sincerity in how gently Chanyeol holds him. Like he could break at any second.

"Hey how are you feeling?" Baek tilts his head slightly before smiling. 

"Better now, thank you."

"Any time." Luhan enters the house quietly just then and stares back at everyone, surprised that everyone is up. 

"Oh hi ugh I bought food from work." He says then holds up two bags each of chicken and tteokbokki. Kai quickly bolts up away from Haru and to Luhan.

"CHICKEN MY LOVE." And like that another crazy ends with a room full of laughter as Baekhyun tries not to think of the fluttering in his stomach from Chanyeol's gestures.