The Day

Sing For You

Baekhyun’s day passed with no problems. It was the end of the school day and Haruka and Sehun were seating in the seats next to him at the table. They copied down what the teacher was writing on the board while Baekhyun read along in his textbook. AP Chemistry was possibly his least favorite subject and the fact that it is his last subject every day makes him want to cry. The bell ringing to signal the end of the class was like sweet music to his ears. One day down. Just four more now and then it’s the weekend. Haruka helps him pack his bag. 
“Baekhyun are you okay with riding with Sehun?” Baekhyun nods.
“What’s the harm I’ve known him long enough.” Haruka nods though he can’t see her and they start heading outside to the parking lot to the bikes.  Sehun places Baekhyun’s bag in the compartment under the seat and stores his in there too, thanking the gods that both of their bags were so small. He slips his helmet on Baekhyun then climbs onto the bike. Haruka helps his on and places his arms around Sehun’s waist. The others quickly show up and climb onto their bikes. The sound of bikes starting up and revving fills the parking lot.
“Hold on tight.” Sehun says then starts up the bike.Baekhyun’s grip becomes a death grip, satisfied Haruka walks to her bike and starts it up not even bothering to put on an helmet. It’s not like Luhan will see her anyways since he has training til late. She starts up her bike and with that they peel out of the parking lot at a speed Baekhyun is sure is way over the speed limit and totally not safe. But he couldn’t bring himself to hate it, though it did scare the out of him.  And it seemed like the transportation department was not on his side as they just kept on going, not encountering a red light once during the ride. Baekhyun vaguely becomes aware of Sehun and the others slowing down. The bike goes up a slight hill then comes to a stop.
“Where are we?” He voices out quietly.
“Jongdae’s house. We practice in their basement which is quite nice and spacious. There’s a couch Haruka, the others, and you can sit on. Or you can sit on the bed, either one works really.”Baekhyun nods as he feels the helmet leave it’s place on his head and he is helped up out of the seat. The hand holding his arm to steady him is too rough to be Haruka’s and too big to be Sehun’s.
“You okay there? We should have warned you about the speed.” Baekhyun tries not to flush at the sound of Chanyeol’s voice so close to his ear and instead tries to focus on getting his knees to stop feeling so weak. 
“Never again.” Was all he said before Haruka was by his side. 
“Chanyeol lead him in. I have to talk to Sehunnie.” 
“You got it boss.” Baekhyun giggled slightly at the new nickname, knowing just how it had been given. He’s heard from Luhan how everyone is starting to believe that Jongin and Haruka are an item and being that Jongin leads the group with his demanding manor though he was one of the younger ones was absolutely adorable. After all he was the richest and had an air around him that demands respect. Plus Haruka bosses them around and hits them if they don’t listen to her. She claims that it is to help them somehow, Baekhyun thinks she just likes to hit them whenever she can.  His nose twitches as Haruka’s perfume fills his sense as she picks him up. 
“Don’t want you getting injured. The house is a bit of a problem.” He nods slightly and starts counting the steps as she walks up three steps and through a door. Five steps forward, turn right, walk downstairs- 10 of them- in a spiraling pattern and walk forward ten steps. His eyes widen behind his glasses as he is set down on a bed with his back against the wall.
“I know how comfortable this is for you.” Baekhyun nods and goes over the process of getting through the front door and down into the basement into his head and he comes to the conclusion that he in fact will never be able to navigate around Jongdae’s house on his own.  However when he felt someone touch his glasses his calm mood dissipated, instead he started to struggle trying to keep his glasses on his face. The fight was in vain as Chanyeol succeeded in taking off his glasses.
“When you’re with us alone there are some rules. Rule number one; you will not wear these blasted things. Two, you will address to Jongdae’s mom as mom and don’t fight with her when she mother hens you. She does that to everyone and considers any friend of Jongdae’s as her son, or daughter in Haruka’s case. Three, do not hesitate to ever ask anyone for help, you will never be a bother.” Baekhyun nods slightly but still reaches for his glasses. In order to keep the glasses out of the shorter male’s reach he takes his shirt off then wraps the glasses in it. He sets the shirt down onto the end of the bed.
“Just sit there and enjoy yourself.” Baekhyun sighs and nods slightly to give his consent.  He listens to the steps as people settle in the room, a feminine scent filling his nostrils as Haruka sits down on the bed an arm’s reach away from him. Baekhyun always liked her perfume, it smelled of lavender and honey. It was possibly one of the most comforting scents to him. He breathed in deeply and listened as Jongin, Sehun, and Yixing hook up their instruments to the amps and test out a few chords to see how loud it is. Baekhyun flinches slightly without anyone noticing and figures that everyone is satisfied as music starts to fill the room. It definitely wasn’t what Baekhyun was expecting, this one was fast paced but soft. And when the lyrics started he knew what kind of song it was meant to be.
“Because we were near each other, because we can have pointless talks
I’m happy, it’s a relief, nothing is guaranteed in this world.
When I looked my best I met you, lucky
It’s because I was great in the past.” Yixing and Kai start singing with Minseok and Baekhyun smiles.
“I can call you and hold your hand while walking
Am I the only one in the sun? Why am I so happy?
You call for me and lean against me
Why is the light only falling on you? You’re so beautiful
So lucky my love, so lucky to have you
So lucky to be your love I am hmm.” It switches to Kai.
“We like the same things, and watch movies together lucky
I hope our love will last forever” Once again the three begin to harmonize together.
“I can call you and hold your hand while walking
Am I the only one in the sun? Why am I so happy?
You call for me and lean against me
Why is the light only falling on you? You’re so beautiful” He couldn’t hold in his surprise as Chanyeol joined into the song with a rap.
“We shine brightly together, we’re a perfect fit
I think I'm a lucky guy, we're living a fairytale.” His surprise only increases once Sehun starts rapping too.
“Oh my god you're the best you melt me like ice cream
You are absolutely perfect.” All 5 of them started singing together and Baekhyun fights the blush trying to spread across his cheeks as memories came to him. 
“You're my first love everything is about you 
I'm smiling so you can see and smile, look at me please 
For you I want to become a better person 
Because you appreciate me more than anyone else.” The song finishes with Minseok happily. 
“So lucky my love, so lucky to have you 
So lucky to be your love I am hmm.” He couldn't help the small claps that his hands form and somehow he can just tell that Chanyeol is smiling. 
“Okay now back to what we normally perform.” Chanyeol says, the smile evident in his voice. He just smiles back whether anyone notices or not and a chord rips through the air in the small basement, and Baekhyun loves it. He quietly sings along to the song they play since it's one he's heard before multiple times. It was his favorite song and the fact that they were singing it and knew it made him swell with joy. Haruka leans against him and rests her head on his shoulder while smiling. Now she was certain bringing him along was a wonderful idea. She watched as the others started to stare at Baekhyun as he sang along and smile. Once the song finishes Chanyeol is about to say something when suddenly a phone ringing fills the air. A voice reads out the name of the caller and everyone tenses up then states at Kris. They all notice how Kris’s jaw clenched when Baekhyun answers the phone. 
“Hey Kyungsoo.”
“Did you do the ap chemistry homework? I need help.” 
“Oh no I haven't. I'm with some friends but I can ask one of them to help with doing it. Which question do you need help with?”
“Question 4.” Baekhyun nods then faces the general direction of Haruka. 
“I need my bag it has my homework in it. Kyungsoo needs help.” She nods then runs upstairs to get the bag from Sehun’s compartment in the motorcycle. She comes back with it in less than a minute and sets it down in front of him. He feels for the zipper and opens it then starts reading the Braille tags on the folders while muttering. 
“AP calculus… AP biology… Ah AP chemistry.” He pulls the folder out and opens it, the homework being the first page thanks to Haruka’s help. He holds it out to Haruka. She takes it then sighs.
“Kyungsoo needs help with question four.” She nods and reads said question while holding a pencil in her hand to write down what he says. It's become a system for them. 
“Oh that's easy Kyungsoo. You just use the conversion to get the moles into grams then divide that by two.” Haruka writes it down and Baekhyun listens as Kyungsoo hums. 
“Thanks Baek. I'm sorry I couldn't figure that out at first.”
“It's fine. Is that all?”
“Yeah that's all. I'll see you tomorrow in class.”
“See you tomorrow.” He hangs up and everyone sighs softly. Kris speaks first. 
“You're friends with Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun nods, unaware of the tension in the room or the venom dripping from Kris’s voice.
“We have AP chemistry and AP calculus together. The only class I have with Haruka is AP chemistry so he helps me in calculus and my other classes are with Sehun or Kyungsoo’s friend Namjoon.” Little did he know that everyone knows of Kris’s dislike of Kyungsoo and Namjoon. Just no one knew why Kris dislikes them and bullies them.