The Meeting

Just Because Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two Years Ago ...... 

Saturday always has been Joong Ki’s favorite day. It is not only because of his day off it is a day when he can spend his time doing what he always loves to do. He has been volunteering at Light House Orphanage the first and third Saturday of every month. He helps cleaning the facilities, doing laundry, cooking food, basic personal hygiene for the children, and having fun with the kids. He loves kids! After lunch, he would teach kids songs that he has been practicing during his down time in his office. He also helps kids with homework, and his favorite part is reading books to the kids. On his other Saturday, he manages his time volunteering at animals’ shelter or at the other community centers. Sunday is his second, not any less than Saturday, favorite day since he gets to spend time with his family and friends.

 

It was the first Saturday of the month when he went to Light House Orphanage. He arrived there late on that day because he had to run an errand for his father in the morning.

 

“Are you looking for the kids?” asked Mrs. Ann, one of the office staffs of the orphanage.

“Yes, I was wondering why it is so quiet and about to go check them in the library,” answered Joong Ki with a small smile on his face.

“They should be at the backyard under the cherry tree. I should get going for a meeting. Go ahead and have fun!” said Mrs. Ann and left him even before he could ask her a question.

“What would they be doing? Isn’t it a story time for them?” he mumbled.

 

He looked surprise at what he saw. Some kids were laying and some were sitting on the grass under the cherry tree paying 100% attention to the story they were listening. They all looked like they were enjoying the moment that they were giving. He always had a hard time with the kids to listen to him with this focusing. But now seeing them like this made him wonder who is behind the sense.

 

He then took a few step to take a closer look to the person who was reading the story to the kids thinking “this is amazing.” As he approached to the distance where he could hear, he just fell in love with the voice he heard.

 

“No wonder why all the kids are this quiet,” he took a mental note to himself.

 

He could totally tell his heart was just stop beating when he saw the person who is reading the story to the kids. His eyes loved what they seen. It was just the most beautiful piece of art he has ever seen in his entire life. For him, there was and is still no word to describe how such a human can be this innocently pretty. He could just stand there and stare at her forever.

 

“Big brother is here!” screamed the kids when they saw him standing there looking like he was bewitched by something. He was snapped out of it when he saw the kids were running toward him.

 

“Where have you been, Big brother?,” “we missed you in the morning!,” “What song are we going to sing today?,”……… so many questions were popping out from the kids. They were happy to see him. They would always wonder where would he be when Joong Ki didn’t make it there sometime. He was surrounded by the exciting kids. He tried to answer their questions while trying to keep their voices down so he could hear what the other were asking. This always has been the hardest part every time he met with these kids. They were so excited to be with him that he couldn’t control them from asking or questioning him.

 

“How does she do it?” he thought to himself and he realized he hasn’t even greeted the person who was reading book to the kids.

 

“How rude I’m?” said Joong Ki.

 

When he was about to turn around and greet that person, she was nowhere to be found.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was her first time volunteering at Light House Orphanage (LHO). Hye Kyo was very excited to meet all the kids and was so ready to help out with anything. She asked her parents before she headed out if they would be ok with her being gone for the whole day volunteering. Knowing the nature of their daughter, they supportively agreed with her wish. After all, weekend is her only day to spend her personal time wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter