2nd move for the win

Just Because Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Kyo went to their Bakery the next morning to open the store. She was getting settled everything for the day with her two younger siblings. Taeyang and Nun always helped in the store on Saturday which gave Hye Kyo to do what she loved to do on some Saturday. As she expected, there were no tulips or a note to greet her in that morning. She wasn’t disappointed nor upset because she knew the one who’s been sending those tulips and notes would be here to see her in person today.

 

Hye Kyo showed and taught her brother and sister family’s business. Hye Kyo and the two youngsters took time to create new design on decorating cakes on most Saturday. They enjoyed making cakes and excited about their new creations. It was around noon when the three of them were busy at the back in the bakery kitchen, Mrs. Song came in saying “It is about lunch time, why don’t you guys clean up and prepare for lunch?”

 

“It is lunch time already?” Hye Kyo asked looking at the time on the wall. And she remembered something that she was hoping for today.

 

“Are you looking for something, unni?” asked Nun when she saw her sister was staring at the entrance of the store.

 

Looking kind of disappointed Hye Kyo replied “umm, no … nothing. Are we ready for lunch?”

 

Nun: “Been ready! We are waiting for you in the lunch room.”

 

“Sorry, I’ll be right there,” Hye Kyo said making the last check at the entrance before she put up the “closed for lunch” sign at the door.

 

“I should have known better not to believe in what he said. Hye Kyo, why are you too easy to be fooled? Ugh….” Hye Kyo sighed after that thought came into her mind while she was eating lunch with her family.

 

“Is everything okay, Hye Kyo?” asked Mr. Song noticing his daughter had been quite for a while.

“huh?.... umm, I’m totally fine appa” Hye Kyo answered her dad putting a small on her face.

 

 

“If anything, you can always come to your family and you know that very well, right?” Mr. Song added giving a concerned look to his daughter.

 

“I’m very aware of it appa. For now, I’m still trying to figure out what is really going on myself, but I’ll let you know if I ever needed an ear to be heard. And I’m really thankful for my family.” Hye Kyo honestly said it with a cheerful smile this time.

 

They went back to their respective chores after lunch. Hye Kyo tired her best not to think about Joong Ki’s promised to come and see her. She kept herself busy making new cakes and enjoyed her time with her siblings in the back room.

 

Hye Kyo didn’t want to lie herself saying she was ok, and she known better that she had to be honest to herself. So she kept telling herself it was ok to be upset but not to carry it along the way. Life moved on whether you like it or not. After all, we were just people who shared this temporary world and we would leave here taking nothing. She would not let that “being fooled or upset” feeling took away her precious time on earth even for a second.

 

When the dusk came, they were ready to go home. Hye Kyo was the last one to leave, and she looked back at their Bakery store one last time with that one last hope to see if he would show up. As she expected, she had to walk away with a feeling that she could not even express to herself.

 

“Oh well!” she said it out loud looking at the almost dark sky and putting on a comforted smile on her lips.

 

While she was walking down the street, she suddenly stopped and saw this beyond handsome man walking toward her from the corner of the street. She was in awe with his looked. He happened to be the man she was expecting that whole day. When she saw him face to face under the street light and everything seemed too right and she thought, could this be real? Could he really be this great, or is it the beautiful setting we were in? Before she could finish her thought, she was surprised by a pair of hand dearly holding onto her arms. Even before she thought of escaping from those firm yet gentle holding hands, she was already in his embrace. He had hugged her for the first time and they both knew that, that was something more than a passing fling. They were standing there like that for a few minute ignoring the people who passed by.

 

Hye Kyo was so caught up by his surprised embrace that she was not sure what to do. She was brought back to live, when she heard someone was calling her name “Hye Kyo!” She took that chance and quickly escaped from his embrace in the middle of the street. She then turned around to where the voice came from and by surprised she saw her long lost friend, Nari.

 

Nari and Hye Kyo haven’t seen each other since high school. Nari was one of Hye Kyo’s good friends.

 

“Oh, Nari! Is that you for real?! Seems like decades ago when I last saw you.” Hye Kyo answered looking at her Nari walking toward their way. Hye Kyo was filled with an excitement of seeing her long lost friend yet there was an obvious bashful smile on her face.

 

“Yeah!! It is me, Nari, your ever annoying friend from high school years!” said Nari while hugging Hye Kyo so tight. Nari let Hye Kyo go when she realized someone was staring at them with a big smile on his face.

 

“OH!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter