Cupcake Chase

Just Because Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a one fine morning of Saturday……..

 

“Sorry to bother you this early, Mrs. Ann,” Kwang Soo said apologetically.

 

“Thank you again and sorry for the trouble, Mrs. Ann” Joong Ki said right after his best friend.

 

“Stop being silly you two, you guys know you can always count on me anytime you guys need help. There will be no Light House Orphanage without you guys. Your generosity and especially the true love that you guys are contributing to these kids have no name or number. So, could you please stop saying sorry” responded Mrs. Ann.

 

Joong Ki: “This is the least we can do to help Mrs. Ann. Compare to your service for these kids, we have done nothing but just an extra helping hand.”

 

The two have been involving in this charity mainly because Kwang Soo and Joong Ki wanted to repay with all their heart what the LHO had done for Kwang Soo’s life. Before Kwang Soo met Joong Ki, LHO family was all he had. He is who he became today because of the support, help and most importantly the love that LHO family has given to him. LHO was and is still the heart of Kwang Soo. As he often mentioned he would be nobody if it was not for the love of LHO family.

 

He was the smartest kid when he lived in LHO. Because of his academic achievement, the LHO family decided to send him to the best school in town for his senior year in high school. That was how Kwang Soo and Joong Ki met. They were and are still thankful to LHO family because it was where they met each other and became the closest best friends in the universe.

 

They then decided to do something for the LHO family when they finally reached to the point of life achievement. They did not decide to do this because it has to be done. They both made this commitment for the love of their LHO family. After all, LHO is the first family to Kwang Soo and second family to Joong Ki.

“Okie boys, enough with your humbleness, the day is still young and you guys should continue with your mission” Mrs. Ann said with a big smile on her face.

 

“Yes, we should be heading out. Please send my love and apology to the kids since I won’t be able to be there today” Joong Ki said before he left the guest room.

 

“Good luck and I hope you will find your cupcake!” shouted Mrs. Ann before Joong Ki drove off from the facility.

 

“Cupcake?! Wait, what, how?! Did you tell Mrs. Ann about this too, Kwang Soo?” asked Joong Ki with a surprise on his face.

 

Kwang Soo: “of course I did when you were getting water in the kitchen.”

 

“Wow! I can’t believe you. Would you later please let the whole world know that too,” Joong Ki sarcastically said.

 

Joong Ki: “You are so annoyed sometime.”

 

Kwang Soo: “I’m annoyed? Ya! Look closer buddy, who really is the annoyed one? I can’t believe you actually knocked on the door of LHO early in the morning just to check on the volunteer sign in sheet?! Plus, you could have just phoned them instead.”

 

Joong Ki: “Well, I just wanted to triple make sure by looking at the list with my own eyes.”

 

Kwang Soo: “Ugh! Ok fine. Now that you see with your own eyes that she won’t be coming in today at LHO, what is your next random thought for the day?”

 

Joong Ki: “Well, let me think. But I don’t understand why you keep yelling at me all morning?”

 

“I’m yelling? Wow, I can’t believe you haven’t noticed. Ok, listen to me bro, listen carefully, okay?

First off, you woke me up at 6:00 AM in the morning knowing we only had three hours of sleep from last night project closing.

Secondly, you threated me to call the customer early in the morning to see if they could meet with us earlier than we have already planned to review and accept the finished project. Which they had no choice but to show up in our office at 7:00 AM and get the business done.

Thirdly, you dragged me out from the office as soon as the they left our office and drove all the way to LHO just to check the volunteer sign in sheet.

Finally, it’s now 11:23 AM and I haven’t had any breakfast yet” Kwang Soo shoot back annoyingly to his now smiling best friend.

 

“Wow, you must have been really mad all along the way since in the morning. But you look still cute and charming when you get mad, bro. Most importantly, you still look just like my best friend!” Joong Ki then said it with a big grin on his face.

 

Kwang Soo: “Ya, you pabo! Stop it before I get really mad at you. I’m doing this for you because I feel kind of guilty about the mess I dragged you in for that last minute project.”

 

Joong Ki: “Thank you and you are forgiven!”

 

“I can’t with this. Well, as I promised, today is your day, man!” mumbled Kwang Soo looking at his laughing best friend.

 

After they drove around the town for thirty minutes, Joong Ki said

“Sorry, I also dragged you into this too. I just can’t wait to at least see her again. Knowing I can make the most advantage of Saturday, I don’t want to waste any second to search for my Cupcake. As you know, Sunday will mostly be family day and mom just called me so…..”

 

When Joong Ki got no reply from his bff, he looked at the passenger seat and saw his friend’s wondering face.

 

Joong Ki: “What’s up man, did you see something or someone?”

 

Kwang Soo: “I just remember something about this place.”

 

They were driving by a narrow yet really lively street where there were lots of mini stores and restaurants located.

 

“You remember being with your first and last love in this place, perhaps?” Joong Ki .

 

Kwang Soo: “No, I remember that me and a bunch of kids from LHO were brought here sometime to explore the town and run around in this friendly neighborhood. If I can recall correctly, it was back then when we only had food court on this street. Grand Grace always treated us with a very delicious cake from that food court.”

 

“Ahh, my best friend must be really hungry. Let’s park our car somewhere and look for that very delicious cake then” suggested Joong Ki knowing his bff hasn’t had anything for the whole morning.

 

“It is ok man. I can wait until lunch time. I don’t want to waste your precious time searching for your cupcake and I’m not being sarcastic. I really want you to find your cupcake” Kwang Soo replied with a sincere smile.

 

Joong Ki: “no, I’m being serious. I’m actually getting hungry and plus driving around like this take me nowhere to find what I’m looking for anyway. I think walking around might be a smarter idea for our mission as well.”

 

Kwang Soo: “Alright then. Let’s hit the road bud!”

 

They finally found a par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter