Chapter 9

Still loving

It had not been a week since the incident of Ji-eun. But everything was going fine.

There was a peaceful silence in the SM rookie girls practice room until Hina spoke up. “Ji-eun unnie,” she called out.

Ji-eun looked up from her phone.

“Jungkook oppa still likes you,” the younger girl said, taking the attention of the others present in the room.

Ji-eun chuckled dryly. “I hope so,” she mumbled.

Lami nudged the side of Hina’s stomach. “Yah unnie, why did you bring that up?” she whispered at Hina.

“Its fine Lami,” Ji-eun uttered, smiling softly at Lami.

“Jungkook oppa always talked about his pretty ex-girlfriend when we used to meet up.” At that, Ji-eun suddenly blushed.

“Then ask that jerk why he left her in the first place,” Serin piped in.

Ji-eun chewed her inner cheeks. “Maybe he’s just making an excuse to have a topic for conversation with you,” Ji-eun stated in a matter of fact tone.

“He said that he broke up with you to protect you,” Hina declared.

“Being an idol’s girlfriend will be hard especially when the guy is insanely popular,” Lami spoke up earning a light chuckle from Ji-eun.

“So what? Ji-eun is not asking him to protect her! She can as well protect herself,” Serin scoffed and added, “Besides, she already has quite a fans telling her to date Baekhyun sunbae. Jungkook must be burning with jealousy. Serves him right,” she ended proudly.

”But he hurt me,” Ji-eun half whispered making the atmosphere in the room all gloomy.

“Who wants ice-cream? I’m going out,” Lami declared trying to ease the tension in the air.

“Get me vanilla,” “For me butterscotch” “I want vanilla too” “Strawberry for me” “Chocolate”

“I’ll come with you,” Ji-eun proposed and stood up.

 

Meanwhile, “Stop sulking around,” Rap Monster hit Jungkook’s thigh.

V looked up from his phone. “The dude’s still bothered by the scandal of Ji-eun. Wait, had you known all along that Ji-eun is Lee Soo Man’s daughter?”

Jungkook nodded. But she didn’t know that I knew her father was SME founder and owner.

“And you didn’t tell us?” V said with the tone what-happen-to-no secret-between-us.

“You didn’t ask,” Jungkook answered and stood up, “I’m going out for awhile.”

When he left, “it’s time he musters up his courage,” Suga mumbled.

 

Ji-eun was on her way back home. She and Lami had bought the ice-cream together but she had told Lami that she won’t go back to SME for the day. She wanted to be alone. She was bothered by what Hina told her. Jungkook wanted to protect me? She didn’t know if she should find it funny or be happy.

“Ji-eun.” Did she really miss him that now she’s started to hallucinate?

Jungkook stared at the girl who was deep in her thoughts. He had called out her name but she seemed like she didn’t hear. He went and stood in front of her, blocking her way.

Ji-eun looked up. “Jung-kook?”

Oh how much he missed her voice.

Jungkook gave her a small smile.

“What are you doing here?” Ji-eun asked, shocked at seeing Jungkook in front of her house.

Jungkook rubbed his nape nervously. “I want to talk to you.”

Ji-eun didn’t know if she wanted to talk to him. What if he brings more heartbreaking words? But she wanted to set things clear especially after what Hina had told her and about their necklace.

“Do you want to come inside?”

Maybe they can talk everything out.

Nostalgia hit them hard. Everything-their lives, the memories, and the heartbreaks came back together like a gush of wind passing by.

Jungkook watched from the living room Ji-eun making tea. The feeling to go inside, be near her and help her was overpowering him. But he just couldn’t do it.

He was scared. Of what? He didn’t know.

As he thought about the day he left her, it was a rash decision he had made back then. He was consumed by his newfound fame. He was young and wanted to be the hero. The thought of Ji-eun being stalked by his fans scared him. He thought he could protect her if they were separated.

Jungkook laughed at himself. He wasn’t a man who would take risk boldly and still now he was afraid.

A soft “Jungkook” from Ji-eun broke him out of his thoughts.

Jungkook gave her a small smile and in the process took the tea.

Placing the tray on the table, Ji-eun sat on the opposite seat.

Both didn’t speak a word as they got lost in their stares, taking each other appearance. They could spend the whole day looking at each other.

Jungkook was still as handsome as ever and he still had that soft look in his eyes whenever he gazed at her.

Ji-eun looked more matured but her soft facial features were still there.

Both of them had grown up. A lot.

Ji-eun broke the silence. She said, “Hina told me something.”

Jungkook gave her a raised brow. It was rare of Ji-eun to speak up first. She wasn’t someone who’d start a conversation.

“Did you really break up with me to protect me?” the last words came out as a whisper.

Jungkook breath hitched. He hadn’t thought that Ji-eun would know especially from Hina.

“Oppa,” she called out. Jungkook seemed to be lost in his own thoughts again.

Jungkook looked up and rubbed his nape shyly. He missed Ji-eun calling him oppa. “You found out,” he muttered.

“Oppa, you hurt me.”

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled.

“Why did you come here?” she asked and she was surprise at herself at how direct she was.

“Would you believe me if I say I miss you?”

Ji-eun suddenly felt her cheeks got hotter. Jungkook was being so direct and he was confusing her already confused heart.

Jungkook chuckled softly. “I can’t believe I still have that effect on you.”

At that, Ji-eun again blushed harder. “I haven’t blush for a long time,” she mumbled.

“You look prettier when you blush.”

He was making it worst. But truth to be told, Jungkook loved it when Ji-eun’s face went all red. He was the only one who could pull out that effect and he suddenly felt proud. She hasn’t moved on. He was sure of it and it felt like a big boulder has been lifted up from his shoulder.

Ji-eun pressed her lips. “Why did you say that our couple necklace was just a style? I know you don’t love me but you should have thought how I’ll feel.” She suddenly wanted to cry.

Jungkook stood up and sat next to her. He took her hand in his. Soft and warm. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know what to say at that moment. I had seen you before with Baekhyun sunbaenim and you looked so happy with him. I was scared that I’d be the only one who was still clinging onto that promise. I loved you Ji-eun ah and I have never stop loving you.”

They had promised themselves that as long as they wear the necklace they’ll always love each other.

Tears fell down Ji-eun cheeks as she began hitting Jungkooks’s chest. “You are mean, oppa,” she sobbed and continued, “Stop thinking only about yourself and stop jumping into conclusion. You think you can be the hero but don’t you ever think about that I’ll also want to be the hero. You were always there for me, doing everything for me and saying that as long as I’m next to you, nothing matters. You treated me as something so fragile but don’t you think that I wanted to be tough. That I wanted to become someone that can protect you too.”

Jungkook took her into a warm hug. He didn’t mind if his shirt is wet by all Ji-eun’s tears.

“I love you, oppa. I love you so much,” Ji-eun said in between her sobs.

Jungkook patted her back as he buried himself in her hair and whispered, “I love you too.”

Both were engulfed in each other warm embrace and they knew they’ll never love another person as they love each other.

They were young back then. They fell in love.

They had matured now. And they still stayed in love.


A/N : I feel like this chapter is too fast. Please share your thoughts. Love you guys.