Chapter 4

Still loving

A/N: Ok, two edits in a row. i made a few changes here and there. Hope you guys like it. Please do share your thoughts.


"Yah, what took you so long?” Serin hissed at her best friend. Ji-eun explained to her as to why she was late and told her about her encounter with Baekhyun two months back.

"Oh my goodness, my best friend called the Byun Baekhyun an Ahjusshi? You met him and you didn’t recognise him? But seriously an Ahjusshi?" Serin burst out laughing.

"But well, he's actually handsome,” Ji-eun defended herself.

"Don't tell me you are falling for him?" Serin teased.

"God! Serin, we haven’t even talked properly,” Ji-eun responded, "But you know even if the news said Baekhyun oppa and Taeyeon unnie has broken up, I think he still likes her".

"That's unexpected!” Serin shrieked. Ji-eun chuckled seeing her best friend expression. She had already predicted it.

"But you still can't escape,” Serin sternly eyed Ji-eun.

Ji-eun blinked trying to grasp the meaning of the words.

"Oh baby we are going shopping,” Serin declared dragging out the hesitating Ji-eun.


It was BTS fan signing event and the mall was crowded with their fans. Jungkook was happily attending to his fans, signing their album and interacting with them joyfully. Just then we could say, by fate, he look up only to widen his eyes. The fan in front of him giggled shyly, happy that she got his attention and he was staring right back at her. The people who noticed it began to gossip among themselves. Who wouldn't? The one of the most sought after kpop male idol is staring at his fan as if mesmerized by her. The fan was also quite a beauty. She could be an idol star. No wonder she caught his eyes.

But no, their thoughts and assumptions were perfectly wrong. Through the onlookers’ point of view, yes, Jungkook is intensely staring at his fan, who is quite a catch.

But through Jungkook's point of view, he wasn't staring at her, scratch that he didn't even notice her. Through the small gap in between the fan's shoulder and the other one, he saw the one person he has been yearning for. He saw the one person who occupied his heart, the one person he regretted leaving, the one person he only loves. He didn't notice but a tear slip out of his eyes.

Ji-eun. That name he wanted to scream so much. That name he wanted to call every morning. That name he didn't want to hear other males say. That name which formed a part of her. That name which identifies her.

If not for the fans, he would have called her. If not for his regrets, he would have greeted her every time he saw her. If not for his harsh words, he would have hugged her. But past was past, time couldn’t be rewinded.

He could only watch her. He watched her laughing with her best friend. He watched her trying to come towards his direction. He watched her being dragged away by her best friend. He watched her trying to struggle away from her best friend’s grip. He watched her disappeared from his sight.

That's what he had been doing all this time. Watching her. He believed that this was what he deserved. His state of trance was disturbed by Taehyung's poking at the side of his stomach. Taehyung had that sly grin which Jungkook had absolutely no idea about.

He never had the slightest idea about that small assumption.


"Serin, you know you are acting weird, and by weird, I mean really weird,” Ji-eun eyed her best friend suspiciously.

"Weird? Nah! You are just imagining things,” Serin shrugged her shoulder casually.

“You can't lie to me and what was that phone call?” Ji-eun demanded but soon scooted nearer to Serin, "and why do you think there were so many people at the mall,” she ask with curiosity in her tone.

"I don’t know,” Serin lied.

"By the way, you haven't told me about that phone call,” Ji-eun stated looking at her best friend.

"That call was from Taeyong oppa.” No, that was from your father, she said inside her mind.

Ji-eun looked at Serin playfully. She advanced nearer to Serin and tugged her shirt."So why did he call you?" she asked hoping that something interesting would popped up.

"Nothing important," Serin replied. It was really important.

"No way! There should be something,” Ji-eun crossed her arm disappointedly.

"He wanted to tell me that," Serin sighed, "that the dance practice was cancelled.” That BTS was at the mall.

Serin felt guilty of herself for having to lie at her best friend but what she said was actually quite true. Only that Taeyong didn't call at the mall.

" Only that? I thought something interesting was coming,” Ji-eun sulked.

"You and your crazy thoughts."


"Unnie, where's Ji-eun unnie?" Lami asked Serin who just enter without her best friend.

"Oh! She would be coming soon,” Serin replied getting ready for her practice.

"I wish she was also a trainee. She is so pretty and has a beautiful voice. Why doesn’t she want to be an idol?” Lami commented.

Well, she wants to be a cardiologist because her mother was a heart patient,” Serin remarked.

"I'm sorry to hear that,” Lami uttered.

"It's ok, Ji-eun is a strong girl,” Serin assuringly replied and ruffled Lami's hair.

Lami suddenly brighten up her face, "Say unnie, how many boyfriends does Ji-eun unnie has?" Lami ask with twinkling eyes.

"She doesn't have any boyfriend,” Serin defended her best friend.

"I'm sure she has. You are just lying to me,” Lami pouted, "she has many male followers on her Instagram account,” she added.

"They are followers not boyfriends,” Serin retorted.

"She is so lucky. BTS follow her though except Jungkook", Lami stated with a little jealous tone.

"Wait, wait, BTS follow her?” Serin cried out. Lami nodded.

"What if she finds out?" Serin muttered under her breathe a little panic.

"What are you mumbling about, unnie?"

"It's just; Ji-eun doesn't know BTS".

Lami had her eyes bulge out, "Ji-eun unnie doesn't know BTS?"

Just then the door opened to reveal someone who had an excited face.

"Guys, I'm so happy,” she squealed.

Serin sighed. Atleast BTS topic is over.

"Hina unnie, what happen?" Lami asked enthusiastically.

"Yesterday I went to BTS fan signing event-

"You went where?" Serin and Lami shouted in unison.

"BTS fan signing event," Hina replied nonchalantly.

"You could have taken me", Lami pouted.

Not BTS again. Serin rubbed her forehead.

"I'm sorry", Hina apologized.

"Are-are you two a BTS fan,” Serin asked pointing at the both of them simultaneously.

Both Hina and Lami nodded shyly.

"Well, I didn't know that."

"So what happened?" Lami gestured Hina to continue.

"So I was standing at the queue and my turn came and then suddenly Jungkook oppa looked up and stared right back at me. He was staring at me for like more than 5 minutes,” Hina remarked grinning.

"Jungkook stared at you?" Serin asked in bewilderment while Lami fangirled.

Hina nodded with a smile, "but he had tears in his eyes,” she added.

"Might be an insect flew into his eyes,” Lami answered.

"No, if an insect flew into his eyes he would have felt it but he didn't even rubbed his eyes,” Hina thought for a bit but "you know what, the best part is Jungkook oppa followed me back on my Instagram,” Hina squealed holding out her phone.

"That's not fair. Not even V-oppa followed me back,” Lami complained.

Hina stuck out her tongue.

"You and Ji-eun unnie are so lucky," Lami remarked.

"Ji-eun unnie?" Hana uttered confusingly.

"Yesterday I checked her Instagram profile and all of BTS except Jungkook follow her but she didn't follow back,” Lami stated.

"All of BTS and she didn't follow back!!???" Hina shouted.

"Well Ji-eun unnie doesn't know BTS,” Lami responded.

"What is it that I don't know?"

Maybe it’s time for Ji-eun to know about Jungkook and BTS.