[NEW] Chapter 10

Still loving

Falling for Lee Ji-eun was the best thing that happened to Jungkook. It wasn’t hard to notice the pretty girl who had a very loud best friend. Cliché as it may sound; it was love at first sight. Her long jet black hair, her soft gazing eyes, her pink lips, and her innocent face – everything about Lee Ji-eun was alluring for Jungkook. He spent the early part of his high school first year sneaking glances at Ji-eun. When she started speaking, he didn’t want her to stop. Her laughs were like music to his ears. Her voice was the nightingale’s itself. Her eyes were like magnet pulling him into her gaze. It wasn’t wrong to say that he was not oblivious of her showing interest in him. Sometimes he had caught her looking at him. Maybe it was his obsessive imaginations but he was happy. Everything about Lee Ji-eun made him happy. The girl herself was happiness.

Being confessed to by Jeon Jungkook was the least thing that Ji-eun had ever expected. Jungkook was the quiet boy who always sits at the back of the classroom, who seemed unbothered by everybody. He mostly kept to himself. Ji-eun first noticed Jungkook when her girl friends told her to point out the most handsome boy of the class. It was a typical high school girl’s conversation. Ji-eun had to scan the class male population for that. And the boy who was looking outside the window, not bothered by the noises of the classroom caught her attention. She had pointed at Jungkook and said he was the most handsome boy in the class. Sweet. Her friends had said. Since that day Jeon Jungkook occupied most of her mind. Everything he did was mysterious. The fact that he liked her was also mysterious. The guy himself was mysterious.

So lovely. Their classmates commented when they became a couple. They were like any high school students in a relationship. In their own world and deeply in love. They kept their relationship innocent. Still they had fun and at that time they believed that they won’t love any other like they loved each other. Small dates, long morning- night phone calls, late night star gazing; all their moments were short but full of love and memories. Jungkook was the first person she thought of when she woke up and the last person in her mind when she went to bed. Ji-eun was the first person he would call when a new day started and the person that could put him to sleep. She was the cure to his insomnia. Their love for each other was true and pure or so they thought.

Breaking up with Ji-eun was the hardest decision Jungkook had ever made. Well, minus the decision of becoming a kpop idol. To forget her, he overworked himself. He strived to succeed so that he could go and knelt in front of her with a ring as an accomplished man. But fate had other plans for him. Love was not to be delayed. And he had made the decision.

Now or never.

“Ji-eun ah, give me another chance.” Jungkook mumbled in between the crook of her neck.

Ji-eun broke out from the hug and looked at Jungkook with her tear stained cheeks and love filled eyes. But she was hesitating. As much as she loved Jungkook she didn’t want to take the risk. He had broken her heart once and there was no guarantee that he won’t break it again. Jeon Jungkook had always been an enigma.

Jungkook could see her hesitation. “Are you scared? Please don’t be. I have matured Ji-eun. I promise I won’t make you cry again. So please?”

His love for her was making him insane. He was begging.

That, Ji-eun noticed. But promises can be broken. “Oppa….”

“Please. I love you so much. I can’t bear to lose you again. You said you love me too. Trust our love for once, please.”

“I’m scared, oppa. I’m scared.”

Jungkook took her hands in his. “I’ll always be there for you. For us. So will you go out with this jerk? Will you be my girlfriend, Lee Ji-eun?”

Ji-eun slowly lifted her head and her eyes stared deep into his. Gosh he loved those eyes. Jungkook was looking at her filled with love and promises. “I’m sorry, oppa.”

Jungkook looked slightly taken aback. He wasn’t expecting it. “Wh – what?” Now he was scared.

“I’m sorry but I won’t accept you.” It took Ji-eun a lot of courage to say that and she wasn’t going to back away now. “You should leave oppa. It’s getting late. Your company might be worried.”

Jungkook stood up. He looked at Ji-eun, his eyes full of love and with a determined tone he said, “I’m not going to stop. I’ll come back for you. Always.”

When Jungkook left, Ji-eun softly cried. Oh how much she wanted to accept him. How much she wanted their love to start all over again. How was she going to make the right decision? She wasn’t sure of herself.

 

Jungkook directly returned to his room. He wasn’t in the mood to practice. He wasn’t in the mood to laugh and hang out with his hyungs. But fate probably had a big grudge on him.

“Where have you been?” Jimin asked as soon as he stepped inside his room.

“What are you doing in my room?” Jungkook shot back.

“That’s not the tone to use at your elders, Kookie,” Rap Monster spoke up with stern tone.

Jungkook looked up and saw all his bandmates in his room. Didn’t they need to practice? They have a concert coming up.

He sighed. “Ji-eun rejected me,” he uttered in a mumble.

“You were being an , that’s why,” Jimin suddenly commented. When Jungkook glared at him, he added, “I mean you shouldn’t have broken up with her in the first place.”

Taehyung gave a loud smack at the older male’s thigh. So much for stating the obvious!

Jimin ignored Taehyung and continued. “You’re still young, Jungkook. Just forget about her. She’s not the only girl in the world. You’re only going to be heartbro-” before he could finish, he was already on the floor and Jungkook was fuming, his fists were rolled. Jimin his lower lip and it tasted like iron. He was bleeding.

Giving one last glare at Jimin and his other hyungs, he stormed out of his room.

 

And before he knew it, he was already in front of her house again. He kept pacing up and down in front of the door until the sun was going down.

Suddenly, the door opened and he saw Serin giving him a frown. “Are you planning to stay the night there too?”

Jungkook creased his eyebrows. “Where’s Ji-eun?”

Serin let out a deep sigh. “She’s sleeping. Do you want to come in?”

Jungkook slowly nodded and entered. “I – we kinda talked,” he said in a stutter.

“That’s why I’m here,” Serin answered to which Jungkook took the sign that Ji-eun might have cried. After he left. “Jungkook, you don’t know how girls are like,” she stated.

Jungkook pressed his lips. He really didn’t know about girls. “I’m sorry,” he mumbled.

Serin sighed. “What are you sorry for?” she huffed out and continued, “Sometimes I wonder that all Ji-eun and you might be doing is mumbling ‘sorry’ to each other.”

“Did she cry a lot?” he asked, concern overpowering him.

“Do you even need to ask?” Serin scoffed. “Jungkook, listen carefully, I’m being serious. If you can’t keep her, let her go. Don’t keep her hanging into loose hopes. My bestfriend needs to move on.”

Jungkook intertwined his fingers and lowered his head. He stared at his intertwined hands and kept quiet. He wanted to keep her. He didn’t want her to move on.

“Aren’t you going to say anything?” Serin voiced out.

Jungkook slowly lifted his head and uttered, “I confessed and proposed to her to be my girlfriend but she rejected me.”

“You are an idiot. A selfish idiot. Do you know that?” Serin huffed out and added, “She needs time, Jungkook. She can’t just say yes. You had already left her and broke her heart. So she’s having doubts. She’ll need to think.”

“What if she never accepts me? I wouldn’t be able to live with that,” Jungkook stuttered.

Serin chuckled lightly. “Do you seriously think she’ll reject you forever? She loves you and you know that. She’s just scared at the moment.”

Jungkook’s phone rang. It was from their leader. He slowly picked up the call.

“Yah, where are you? Come back right this instant if you don’t want the Manager to find out. He’s coming over.”

Jungkook mumbled an “OK” and ended the call. He looked at Serin and gave her an apologized look. “I need to go now,” he said.

Serin nodded and stood up along with him. “You think too, ok?”

Jungkook nodded with a faint smile. “Thanks Serin.” And he took his leave.

Serin sighed. Her bestfriend was too predictable but Jungkook had always been a mystery. She didn’t know what might come next.


A/N: So this is  NEW chapter. I hope you guys like it. Please share your thoughts.

XOXO