Chapter 8

Still loving

A/N: Sorry for this late update. /bows/ Anyway, how is this chapter? Hope you guys like it ^^


“OMG! This is so embarrassing,” Ji-eun was pacing up and down muttering like a mad person, “Now what would oppa think of me? I was a crying mess yesterday. He must be pitying me,” she screamed mentally.

“Shall I enter? Shall I?" She was debating inside her mind when, “Ji-eun” someone called out.

She turned to face him shyly. “Oppa.”

“What are you doing here? Let’s enter,” Baekhyun dragged Ji-eun in.

And as soon as she entered, she was bombarded with a lot of cooing and squealing.

“Ji-eun, I heard you were so beautiful yesterday,” Chanyeol whistled wriggling his eyebrows.

“Baekhyun hyung is so lucky,” Sehun mused in.

The EXO boys were complimenting her like anything oblivious of her blushing face.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Chen asked curiously.

Ji-eun bit her lip shyly. EXO was asking her if she has a boyfriend? Are they interested in her? Or are they just flirting with her?

“No,” she mumbled and she didn’t intend to have in the near future too.


One week passed and Ji-eun like every day was watching Serin practiced when her phone vibrated signaling the incoming of a message. It was from an unknown number.

Let’s meet at Kim’s latte café.

-Jeon Jungkook.

Ji-eun heart skipped a bit as she excused herself. She clearly knew it was Jungkook because it was their favorite place to hang out while they were still dating.

She was nearing the place when a familiar sight caught her. He was with a girl.

“Jungkook?” she breathed out before adding “Jisoo?”

They were chatting oh-so-happily and Jungkook seemed like he was enjoying it. Then she saw Jisoo leaning towards Jungkook as she gave a peck on his cheeks.

That’s it! Ji-eun has had enough. Jungkook was clearly enjoying playing with her. She turned around and boarded the bus. Tears streaming down her cheeks.


Jungkook had just sent a message to Ji-eun telling her to come at their favorite café. He needed to talk things out with her. He was about to go inside when someone called him.

“Jisoo, what are you doing here?” he asked as if surprised to see the female.

“Meeting an old friend and you?” she shot back.

“Me too. I was about to meet someone,” Jungkook replied grinning from ear to ear, not knowing he looked like a mad person right now.

“Let me guess. Ji-eun?”

Jungkook did a double take. “How did you know?”

“Geez, I was your classmate,” Jisoo rolled her eyes.

“Thank you for stating the obvious, Captain Obvious,” Jungkook teased back.

“Did you apply lipstick on your cheeks too?” Jisoo tried to hold back a laugh.

Jungkook creased his eyebrows. Damn him for hurrying and panicking too much.

“Here let me help you,” Jisoo leaned towards Jungkook as she wiped off the lipstick smudge. “Jungkook, don’t leave Ji-eun hanging. Act fast before you regret again,” she said stressing at the word ‘again’.

Jungkook breath hitched a bit. “I will,” he said with determination making the female smile at him sweetly. “I better run along. She doesn’t like waiting,” she huffed. “Bye Jungkook and good luck,” Jisoo waved at Jungkook and walked away.

Jungkook turned around only to see a familiar back of a girl boarding a bus. “Ji-eun,” he shouted running after her. But she couldn’t hear him. He tried to call her phone but it was switched off.

Jungkook screamed in frustration completely ignoring the stares he was receiving from the passersby.


It was already 7 and Ji-eun hadn’t returned home. Soo Man was being like a mad person. “Search everywhere,” he ordered his men. The last time she went missing was the day Jungkook broke up with her. Serin tried calling her but it was switched off. The staffs and artistes looked at their boss in baffled. Why was he so worked out at the disappearance of Ji-eun? They knew Soo Man and Ji-eun were related but hey, he was making it seemed like Ji-eun was his daughter.

“!” Baekhyun cursed when he didn’t see her anywhere. He had sprinted off as soon as he heard Ji-eun was missing. And now, he had been searching for her for like half an hour. “Where is she?” he mumbled under his breath. Then it struck him. “The river bank!” He remembered Ji-eun telling him that she loved clearing up her minds at the peaceful atmosphere along the banks of the Han River. Baekhyun ran towards the river bank (which was also his last option). He reached the place and found Ji-eun staring blankly at a couple.

“Ji-eun ah,” Baekhyun called out making Ji-eun looked up.

“Oppa,” she breathed out.

Baekhyun sat down next to her and rubbed her back.

“Oppa,” Ji-eun started tearing up in Baekhyun’s embrace.

“Cry, cry out everything. I’m here,” Baekhyun whispered in a comforting voice.

Ji-eun sobbed, not caring that Baekhyun’s shoulder was all wet with her tears.

How long had she been crying?

How long had Baekhyun been hugging her?

Both of them didn’t notice the time went by.

And soon they were sleeping in each other embrace.


Ji-eun woke up to find herself already in bed. “Strange how did I end up here?” she muttered, rubbing her eyes in the process. “Did oppa carry me up?” she blushed thinking about it.

She went down and opened the door for some fresh air only to be greeted by the newspaper lying at the doorstep. “Let’s see what today’s news is,” she muttered picking up the day’s newspaper only to have the shock of her life.

“APPA!” she screamed.

Her father came running. “Why? What happen?” Soo Man asked eyeing the whole room.

“Here look at this,” Ji-eun handed him the newspaper.

Soo Man glanced at the newspaper with eyes ready to pop out.

EXO BAEKHYUN FOUND HUGGING MYSTERIOUS GIRL.

“Appa, what to do?” she asked panicking. Thank god that the one who took the photo only took her back.

“We need to get to the company. Fast,” the older male responded.


The whole company was in chaos. Everyone had seen the news.

“Oppa, I’m sorry,” a certain someone was apologizing for the nth time to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun chuckled lightly. “I told you its ok,” he stated in an assuring tone.

“We will have a press conference in fifteen minutes,” a lady informed. They were going to have a press conference because it was really serious. So serious that they couldn’t just say it was a friendly hug. I mean what kind of an idol would go around hugging a random girl?

“We can do this. Fighting, Ji-eun ah,” Baekhyun pumped his fist in the air as a sign of assurance making the female nodded determinedly.

Soon they proceeded to the hall where a lot of reporters were murmuring among themselves.

“So, is she the girl?”

“Is she an idol?”

“She looks like IU.”

“She’s pretty.”

All the cameras and media were on them. SME founder Lee Soo Man, SME CEO Kim Youngmin, EXO Byun Baekhyun, and someone who looked like the singer IU, they were going to have a question answer session with the press.

“One question at a time please,” Soo Man chuckled.

“What is your name, young lady?” someone from the crowd asked.

“Lee Ji-eun,” she uttered a little bit awkward with all attention she’s right now receiving.

“So Baekhyun, are you dating Miss Ji-eun shi?” a man in spectacles asked. That was a direct question.

“No we aren’t dating. She’s just like a younger sister to me,” Baekhyun responded smiling softly at the cameras.

“Is it true, Miss Ji-eun shi?” the same man enquired.

Ji-eun nodded. “Yes, what baekhyun oppa said is true,” she said politeness in her tone.

“Mr Lee, what do you have to say, having another dating scandal among your artistes,” a female voice spoke up.

“Well,” Soo man smiled eyeing both Baekhyun and Ji-eun, “I won’t mind my artistes dating my daughter.”

That’s when everyone present widened their eyes. Soo Man had that proud smirk on his face. Ji-eun bit her lips awkwardly. Baekhyun’s eyes were bigger than D.O’s. Everyone had their eyes ready to pop out anytime.

So the daughter who Soo Man tried to conceal so much was right under our nose. They all thought.

“Are you saying Miss Ji-eun here is your daughter, Mr. Lee?” a mixture of voices asked.

Soo man nodded. “Yes she is.”

“So that means you agree with both of them dating?” a man with a moustache spoke.

“Well, as long as it doesn’t affect Baekhyun’s career, then I’m alright,” the older male remarked.

There’s sure going to be a big headline tomorrow.


“Ji-eun ah, you are the big boss daughter?” the EXO boys asked more, like stated.

The said female nodded guiltily. “I’m sorry for not telling,” she apologized mumbling.

“Unnie, I haven’t done anything wrong to you right?” Hina and Lami chorused together. When Ji-eun chuckled and shook her head, they sighed in relief.

The company was in hectic. Who would have thought that their big boss daughter would be someone they have been interacting for more than five months. They were glad that she wasn’t like any other spoilt rich brat.

“Oppa, I’m so sorry,” Ji-eun uttered again.

Baekhyun huffed. “This girl, I told you its ok. Instead let’s celebrate your revelation,” he added beaming brightly.

“Thanks oppa,” Ji-eun was glad that she met SM artistes. She made great friends. She had friends even if she couldn’t have Jungkook.