Chapter 3

Still loving

A/N: Since i found the previous chapter short, I put two chapters together and made this chapter lengthier.

Hope you enjoy reading this. Feel free to comment your thoughts.


Ji-eun became a frequent visitor at SME much to everyone’s surprise. She would come and go when she feels like it. Not even the family members of the trainees and artistes were allowed to do that. They have certain visiting hours. But how come Ji-eun can stay for long hours; she's just a best friend of a trainee, not even a family member. But they loved having her around; she was cheerful. However sometimes they’d wonder how she could stay this long.

Maybe she's somehow related to the big boss, they all thought.

It's been two weeks and Ji-eun like every day was watching Serin practice when her phone vibrated signaling a message from her father telling her to come to his office.

"Appa, you call me?" Ji-eun enquired as soon as she entered her father's office.

"Here sweetheart," Soo Man handed her a big paper bag. Ji-eun took it confusingly. She looked as to what was inside and she could see that they were food.

“Is this for me?”

"No. Take it to EXO's practice room and tell them Suho's mother gave it," Soo Man remarked oblivious of his daughter sullen face.

Ji-eun being the obedient girl, took the paper bag from her father's hand and went to EXO's practice room. She hadn’t gone there after Serin took her on her first visit to SME.

"Ah here it is!" she mentally praised herself for not forgetting the location and for having found it sooner than expected. She opened the door and saw the EXO boys resting.

The EXO boys looked up and saw Serin’s best friend.

"Oh it’s you. Did you come to see us practice?” Chanyeol grinned.

Ji-eun shook her head and said, "I came to deliver this?" she handed Suho the paper bag, "Suho-shi your mother gave it," she said.

Just then the door opened and Baekhyun came in.

"You!" Baekhyun pointed at Ji-eun. He, Chen and Xiumin were unaware of Ji-eun’s life in SME. They had just returned from Japan after promoting EXO-CBX new album.

"Me?" Ji-eun pointed at herself.

"Yes you. Have you come here to return my cap and mask?"

What cap and mask? Then it struck her. That guy was Baekhyun? She was so much in a hurry that she didn’t bother to look at his face properly.

There was a second of silence when Chen spoke up."Would you mind me telling who she is?" he asked looking at Ji-eun.

"Her name’s Ji-eun. She is Serin’s, you know the trainee, best friend,” Suho answered, "And the big boss special guest," Chanyeol added. Ji-eun smiled in return.

"Baekhyun hyung, have you met her before?" Sehun blurted out making the others look at the two of them.

Ji-eun eyed Baekhyun gesturing him to say it. Baekhyun seemed to have caught the message.

"Yes,” Baekhyun affirmed to which Ji-eun nodded approvingly.

"Eh! When? You just returned yesterday," Chanyeol questioned his best friend, "and what does it have to do with your mask and cap?"

Baekhyun ignored Chanyeol's last question.

"Two months ago at the fansigning event at the mall" and Baekhyun narrated his first encounter with Ji-eun.

 

Baekhyun and the other EXO boys were at the mall attending to their fans. It was a fansigning event and hundreds of fans were there just to get an autograph of their idol and interact with them. The boys’ handsome faces were adorned with their best smile and Baekhyun was doing his best but he just couldn't bear it anymore. He needed to pee fast. Nature's calling and he couldn't ignore otherwise his bladder might just burst. And that's how he ended in the men's restroom. After satisfying his needs, he came out only to have the shock of his life. What is a woman doing in a men's restroom?

Is she my stalker? So daring. Thousands of assumptions were in Baekhyun's head. Wait, if she's my fan or stalker, why isn't she holding anything and why is she looking through the door's keyhole? Then it struck him. Don't tell me she's here to kill me. A sasaeng fan? Baekhyun began to panic. Should I take her by surprise? Should I hit her? But then she can sue me for ual harassment. What should I do? He pondered for a while.

"You know, a girl wouldn't enter a men's restroom unless she wants something out of it," Baekhyun spoke up. The girl turned around only to face a man who she couldn't properly see his face. Maybe this man is.... "Please I don't want to go. Tell my father to take someone else. Please Ahjusshi," the girl pleaded.

Ahjusshi? Baekhyun scoffed mentally. Do I look like a freaking old man to her? Maybe she escaped from a mental asylum. That's why she doesn't want to go back.

"Don't you know who I am?" Baekhyun boldly asked.

"You expect me to know you when you are dressed like a serial killer. You are just sent by my father," the girl retorted.

God! How can I forget? I'm wearing a mask. Baekhyun scolded himself. But what father is she talking about?

"What are you talking about?"

The girl widened her eyes," Aren't you sent by my father?" she questioned.

Baekhyun shook his head.

The girl heaved a sigh in relief. But soon a mischievous smile crept on her face.

 

"Baekhyun, where were you? What took you so long and where’s your mask and cap?" Chanyeol questioned his friend who had disappeared for quite a few minutes.

"I don't wanna talk about it," Baekhyun replied in a don’t bother-me tone.

 

"Ahjusshi? Baekhyun is an ahjusshi!" Chen roared into laughter pretending to not notice the glare he's receiving from Baekhyun.

"No, I didn't mean it. I was just confused at that time. Actually Baekhyun oppa looks young,” Ji-eun replied and shyly fiddled with her fingers.

There was a minute of silence and Baekhyun has a proud smile plastered on his face.

"Wait! What were you doing in a men's restroom?" Xiumin spoke up.

"I didn't know it was a men's restroom until I saw Baekhyun oppa. I was just trying to escape my father's men. My father wanted me to attend a business meeting but I don't want to. That's why,” she concluded.

"Well I would like to see Baekhyun wearing all blacks and chasing after a girl," Chen mocked. He was taking this precious time to pay back Baekhyun for the other times where he would be the victim of Baekhyun's words.

"Actually Chen, my best friend is chasing after a girl,” Chanyeol remarked making Baekhyun's face turned red.

“Who?” And Ji-eun wanted to slap . How did that even come out?

“Taeyeon noona,” Kai muttered but loud enough for all to hear.

“I thought they broke up,” Sumin stated and suddenly the atmosphere in the room all went gloomy.

"Who wants this?" Suho spoke up, trying to brighten the gloomy atmosphere and simultaneously took out the food from the bag.

Ji-eun’s hungriness got worst seeing it but soon frowned knowing it wasn't for her.

But maybe the God's saw her dilemma. As she was about to exit, Suho called her, "Ji-eun eat with us."

Ji-eun might have jumped in happiness but she had manners. She couldn’t just eat with strangers especially when it’s EXO. "It's ok, all of you eat. You might be tired from the practice,” she replied smiling back but was praying inside that they would force her and surely her prayers had been heard.

"No, you should join us,” Baekhyun dragged her towards the food and as soon as she sat down, she started eating hungrily.

"Says someone who didn't want to eat in the first place,” Chanyeol commented grinning widely at Ji-eun. Ji-eun smiled sheepishly and continued to eat.

One thing she knew now was the EXO members were very nice to get along with and maybe if she keeps on visiting SME she might become friends with them.