Chapter 6

Still loving

A/N: Please do share your thoughts ^^


"Hina, who was it that you have a scandal with?" Ji-eun asked as soon as she entered the training room the next day.

"The maknae of BTS," Lami sighed dreamily thinking how it would be like to have a love scandal with her V oppa.

Ji-eun jaws dropped, "What!? Really? His fans!!” she cried out.

"Geez, they were just having a friendly chat," Serin spoke up.

"Come on, there might be something," Ji-eun eyes sparkled in curiousity.

"Nope nothing. He was telling me about his ex girlfriend," Hina sighed dejectedly. Might be she was hoping for something when Jungkook asked her to meet him.


"Yah! Lami, let's not watch this," Serin shouted.

"Why? Even if you don’t like BTS, there are so many who wants to watch it and it's live," Lami retorted.

"That also, please~" Serin whined.

"Everybody who wants to watch it please rose up your hands," Lami asked and almost everyone present raised their hands up, "See majority wants to watch so I win. Let's watch. My V oppa would be coming out any minute," Lami squealed earning a huffed from Serin.

"Fine," Serin scoffed crossing her arms and praying inside that Ji-eun wouldn't come today.

Soon everyone was watching and everyone was engrossed in it.

After some time, "Say Jungkook, what is your view about your latest scandal?" the MC asked.

"Well I'm not affected by it. She's a close friend of mine and we were just having a friend to friend conversation," Jungkook replied and all the BTS members nodded approving Jungkook's words.

"I think she's a great friend" and Jungkook nodded grinning.

All the SM girls’ trainees looked at Hina enviously and Hina shyly lowered her head. Serin was praying really hard not to let Ji-eun come.

"Also Jungkook, there's a rumour that you had a great relationship with a pretty girl in your high school. Is it true?" the MC askesd.

Serin's head pop up as soon as she heard the MC's question thinking what would be Jungkook's reply.

"Yes it's true."

That took all the people watching the show by surprise. He could have just said no. He was being so bold. How would the fans react? They all thought.

"So mind telling us about that lucky girl."

"First of all, I would like to say that she's not the one who's lucky, it's me who was lucky to have a girlfriend like her," Jungkook stated and there was that all those squealing and all, from the viewers."She's a girl who is hard to find. She's beautiful. (He rubbed his nape shyly) She is optimistic and innocent. I haven't even kissed her (laughs). She's perfect." Jungkook finished. I miss her. He thought.

It seems everybody was moved by his confession. Some of the girls’ trainees were sniffing. Serin was unbelievably staring at the TV. There was a minute of silence in the common room of SM until someone decides to break it. "Sorry guys I'm late," Ji-eun came in getting the attention of everyone.

"Unnie," Lami exclaimed seeing Ji-eun, "Just in time. Come I'll show you V oppa," Lami dragged Ji-eun towards the TV, "There that's V oppa," she pointed at a cute handsome guy who was wearing a yellow sweatshirt and black long pants. But it was not him who got her attention.

"Jungkook?” she muttered surprisingly in a whisper.

"Say Jungkook I think you love her," the MC stated.

"Yes I loved her a lot," Jungkook confessed.

Ji-eun remained rooted at her spot.

"Do you still love her?"

"We broke up. So there’s no reason why would I still like her?” Jungkook declared.

Ji-eun stared at the TV with her face pale. After all this time she finally saw him and heard his voice with more heartbreak.

"It seems like you love her," the MC defended.

"Can't a person move on?” Jungkook lowly chuckled.

BTS saw through his lie.

Serin looked at her best friend who seems lifeless right now.

"Ok last question; the fans are wondering why you always wear that silver necklace in all your MVs."

"Doesn't it suit me?” Jungkook teasingly asked.

"It perfectly suits you. It's just the fans are really curious."

"Well, I find it cool and stylish and I love it," Jungkook stated.

That's it! Ji-eun has had enough of it. She stormed out of the room shocking everyone.

"Ji-eun ah," Serin cried out as she ran after her.

"Leave me alone," Ji-eun cried entering her father's office.

"What happened? Why are you crying?” her father came up to her worriedly and she cried in her father's chest.

"Ji-eun ah," Serin entered.

“Serin,” Ji-eun sobbed and stared at her best friend’s eyes.

"You knew it, right?"

Serin kept quiet.

"Is that why you make me avoid BTS? Is that why you never let anyone talked about BTS? Is that why I don't know BTS?” Ji-eun questioned looking at Serin with her red eyes. Serin remained quiet.

"He doesn't love me anymore. He made fun of our couple necklace. Do you know how much I treasure that necklace thinking that he will come back to me," Ji-eun shouted, "Do you know how much it hurts to pretend that I don't know BTS in front of the others? Do you know how much I wanted to say to others that BTS Jungkook was once mine? It hurts. It hurts so much. Appa you knew too right?" Ji-eun whispered, "Hina had a scandal with him. In the end he was just playing with me," she whispered, "Both of you did a good job," saying that Ji-eun walked out of the room.

Serin and Lee Soo Man looked at each other worriedly. It would be nice if her mother was still alive.

When Serin entered the training room, "Unnie, what happen to Ji-eun unnie?" Lami asked in a worried tone.

"She's not feeling well,” Serin replied avoiding Lami’s eyes.

"Unnie,” Hina called out," that girl, that girl Jungkook oppa was describing, was it Ji-eun unnie?” she ask. Serin stopped in her tracks. All looked at her curiously.

"What do you think?” she scoffed. Everyone present gasp in shock. Ji-eun was afterall bearing all heartbreaks to herself.


Ji-eun remained in her room crying all alone. Only God knows how much she cried. She held out her necklace and sobbed remembering the times they spent together. It was short but it was worth it. They loved each other then.

Ji-eun ah, as long as I wear this necklace I'll love you forever.

Jungkook's voice ran throughout her head.


One week passed and Serin and Soo Man were realy worried. No, everyone was worried. They missed the jokes Ji-eun cracked. They missed her watching their practice. She never answered their call nor reply to their message. Soo Man had sleepless nights thinking about his daughter, worrying like anything. Serin even went to BigHit entertainment and shouted, screamed, cursed at Jungkook. Ji-eun won't let anyone enter her room. She would only come out of her room and pick few things from the kitchen when she's hungry. Two weeks had gone by and still there was no sign of Ji-eun coming out of her house.

Serin and the other trainees were practicing when the door open. They wondered who it could be as they weren't expecting anyone. But as soon as they saw her, they immediately stopped practicing. "Ji-eun ah" "Unnie" all of them exclaimed with joy. Ji-eun just smiled back at them.

Serin, Lami and Hina ran towards her and hugged her tightly as if they want her not to drift away from them again.

"God! I can't breathe."

"Oops sorry, unnie," Lami apologised cutely.

"Are you ok now?” Serin looked at her best friend worriedly and Ji-eun smiled sincerely at her.

"Can't a person move on?” Ji-eun said quoting Jungkook’s exact line.

Jungkook wasn’t the only guy in South Korea. Though she herself wasn’t sure if she’ll love another person like she loved Jungkook.