Chapter 7

Still loving

It has already been one month and Ji-eun was trying really hard to move on.

And one thing was bothering her for quite some time now.

"Should I go? Should I not go?” she mumbled pacing up and down biting her finger nails.

"Ji-eun ah, if you don't want to go, then don't. No one is forcing you,” Serin commented sighing deeply.

"But I want to go also,” Ji-eun pouted. Their High School reunion was in 3 days and Ji-eun was in a mess up situation. She didn't know what choice to make. She wanted to go because she missed her old friends. She didn’t want to go because Jungkook would be coming. But she had moved on right?

The day has finally arrived and it was already time. Ji-eun had made a decision.

"Are you sure about this?” Serin asked worriedly and the latter nodded determined and proud of her firm decision.

"Unnie, you look so beautiful," Lami commented smiling brightly.

"Unnie, you would be the most beautiful tonight,” Hina complimented.

Lami and Hina were coming over to Serin's house because they were adamant to help their favorite unnies get ready for the special event. Of course they couldn't go to Ji-eun's house. Ji-eun had said it would be better to dress up at Serin’s house. And they were showering compliments to Ji-eun because she looked exceptionally beautiful. Of course Serin was also beautiful. But they knew Ji-eun would really need their comfort right now. Ji-eun was wearing a silver strapless gown. Her hairs kept in a messy bun and strand of hairs falling at the side. She completed her look with light pink lipstick, her eyes kept with a little eyeliner and silver heels, not too high, not too short. Serin was wearing a tight black dress upto her thigh. Her hairs kept curly and loose. She applied a thin eyeliner and cherry red lipstick. She wore killer black heels. They were both stunning.


The party had already started. Many passed out students and alumni came together with their partners. It was more like a masquerade ball except there's no mask. Everyone has their own dates. Since it was a Performing Art school, a few idols came. Jungkook's date was Jisoo, a member of a girl group called Black pink. They made a dazzling couple. The announcer was announcing the coming of the invitees.

"And Mr Park Jinyoung and Ms Choi Serin,” he announced. Park Jinyoung, better known by his stage name Junior, was an old friend of Serin.

Some were dancing and most were chatting among themselves and greeting the new arrivals. Jungkook was talking with an old friend when he noticed that his friend was not listening to him anymore but was looking at a different direction. Jungkook looked at the said direction only to gasp in surprise.

There it stood, Lee Ji-eun looking like an angel, alone without a partner. Some of their old classmates looked between Ji-eun and Jungkook. Serin had a proud smile on her face. Ji-eun with all her elegance smiled only to captivate more people.

"Who do we have here? Miss Lee Ji-eun and -”the announcer stopped in a slight daze. There was no name of her partner. Some boys tried to think this as an advantage. But -"I'm sorry I'm late," a male apologized in a whisper and took Ji-eun's hand. Ji-eun clearly recognized that voice.

"Oppa?” she breathed out. Now the girls had their jaws dropped. Baekhyun in all his glory stood there holding Ji-eun's hand and looking at her so lovingly. Jungkook's eyes widen in surprise. He had often seen Ji-eun together with Baekhyun and he sometimes thought whether they were dating or not. But today, they almost looked like a couple. Scratch that, they were the best couple. Ji-eun silver gown matched with Baekhyun's silver Armani coat. They were the envy of most presence including Jungkook.

"Miss Lee Ji-eun and Mr Byun Baekhyun," the announcer said Baekhyun's name with a slight tone of jealousy.

Baekhyun holding Ji-eun's hand took her to the dance floor. "Oppa, I didn't believe you when you said you were a student of this school," Ji-eun remarked.

Baekhyun let out a low chuckle. "There are still many that you haven’t believed.”

“Does Taeyeon unnie knows?” Ji-eun broke the quiet loving atmosphere.

Baekhyun pressed his lips firmly before replying, “She forced me to accompany you.”

“Thanks oppa,” she gave Baekhyun a small smile. Boy, what had Ji-eun done to deserve so caring friends? Baekhyun was almost like a brother she never got to have.

Baekhyun had just gone to the washroom when somebody took the stage.

I miss you

Saying this makes me miss you even more

Even when I'm looking at a picture of you I miss you

“Isn’t that Jeon Jungkook?” Ji-eun heard some whispers. No wonder the voice seems so familiar. “But when did Jungkook know how to sing? Of course, he should be. He’s an idol now,” she looked at Jungkook with an unreadable expression.

I want to get to the other side holding your hand

I want to put an end to this winter

How much longing

Do we have to see falling like snow?

For that spring day to come

Snowflakes fall down and get farther away little by little

I miss you, I miss you

How much longer do I have to wait?

How many more nights do I have to stay awake?

To see you, to meet you

Is it you who changed or is it me?

I hate the time flowing in this moment

Well, I guess we just changed

Just like how everyone changes

I say that I’ll erase you

But the truth is that I can't let you go yet

 

Ji-eun sped off to the playground trying her best to avoid Jungkook’s singing image from terrorizing her poor mind.

“Ugh, Ji-eun, what are you even thinking? That song was not for you,” she mentally scolded herself. She had sped out of the hall before Jungkook could complete the song. “He looked so happy with Jisoo,” she thought, a tear slipping out of her eye.

All the memories she tried so hard to forget came back. Jungkook’s harsh words when they broke up, his scandal with Hina, his declaration at the Variety show, his statements about their necklace, his denounced love for her in front of everyone. Those were all coming back to her.

Ji-eun looked at the stars as if she was counting them. She felt the presence of someone near her but she didn’t care to look for she already knew who that person will be.

“Oppa, had you ever had heartbreaks?” Ji-eun spoke up, “oppa, what will you do if Taeyeon unnie says she doen’t love you anymore?” The presence just kept quiet as if wanting to hear her out. “Oppa, the person I love doesn’t love me back. I tried so hard to forget him but the more I try to forget him, the more I remember. Oppa, what will I do? I love him so much yet he doesn’t love me back. I want to move on, oppa,” Ji-eun sobbed in between his chest. He only patted her head to comfort her. He knew that it will be the only way to soothe her. “Oppa, thank you for always being there for me. It would be nice if I have fallen for you instead. Oppa, I still love him,” Ji-eun choked in between her cries. He only patted her as a comfort. Ji-eun felt relieved to lift off such a big boulder and soon she drifted off to sleep in his embrace.

He chuckled seeing that she hadn’t changed a bit.

“Ji-eun ah, I’m sorry. I also love you,” he confessed.

“Yah, Jeon Jungkook! What are you doing to Ji-eun?” Serin cried out seeing her best friend hugging and sleeping at Jungkook’s chest.

“I swear it wasn’t my fault. She mistook me for Baekhyun hyung,” Jungkook defended himself.

“Here let me carry her,” it would be wrong to say that Jungkook didn’t feel jealous when Baekhyun carried Ji-eun bridal style and walked off.

“Serin,” Jungkook called out and the latter looked at him with a raised brow. “What if I still love Ji-eun?”

“I know.”Jungkook blinked in confusion. How? “From the day you broke up with her.” Jungkook kept quiet. “You broke up with her because you wanted to protect her. It’s ok. I understand. But don’t take too long otherwise she can become someone else’s,” Serin smiled turning her back away from Jungkook.

Jungkook jaws clenched. Maybe he should man up a bit.